Homecoming

Printer-friendly version

Homecoming. The most miserably cold and wet game yet. The sidelines churned to a sea of mud, and I had to go and slip.

Waving goodbye to the rest of the cheer squad, I snuck into the girls showers. I unpinned my muddy wig, and ran a hot shower.

Sudsing my sweaty, flattened hair, I heard a scream. Clearing my eyes, I saw that Brittany had come back, for some reason.

"I just ducked in here to grab a shower," I claimed, "I didn't think any girls were here."

"Nice try, ASHLEY, but you left your locker open. You're busted. Still, I shouldn't be surprised, but I did think it was only me," she said, removing her wig.

There was a exclamation from off to one side, "What??!?"

We looked. Tiffany was in the locker area. Behind her, the rest of the squad was filing in.

Tiff continued, "You guys are guys, too?"

"You are all boys," said Miss Landmeier, our coach, entering from the hall, "And I had Thanksgiving in the Teacher's Pool for you discovering it, so I guess I lose the pool again."

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Success!

Daphne Xu's picture

You succeeded! Surprisingly fast, too. Good one.

Were any of them cisgirls?

Oh, and I completely misunderstood "pool" until several readings.

-- Daphne Xu

Wait, what?

That’s certainly a horse of a different color,

All I can say is

Dee Sylvan's picture

These must have been very convincing trans girls for no-one to figure it out. An interesting experiment on the coach's part. The cheerleaders must have practiced hard to get to homecoming without a thought. Thanks for sharing Lynda! :DD

DeeDee

What can I say; what we post

Lynda shermer's picture

What can I say; what we post here always involves varying degrees of suspension of disbelief, as most fiction does. This throws reality right out the window, which is probably why it is such a short concept...

Latest_me.jpgLynda Shermer

Just what's on the page

Lynda shermer's picture

I was jotting down scenes and dialog for many concepts for my next stories, but not getting any further on closing the plots, and this concept kept floating into the front of my mind, and finally I went, "Fine! I'll write it and be done." I tried to write it as a 100 word Drabble, but as I say, didn't quite make it.

Latest_me.jpgLynda Shermer