Adventures of Lauren Elizabeth Huntington: Summer Soiree (5)

Printer-friendly version

After I'd left Lily and her collection of friends at the dunking booth, Clay and I found ourselves standing along. We've decided to watch the town's fireworks from the top layer of the town's observatory. The town's observatory was located on a high hill that was about two and a half miles from the end of main street. From the upper level of the town's observatory you could see the whole skyline of the town.

The wind, I could feel the wind starting to blow, the sun had vanished now behind the ring of hills that surrounded Benton. The wind started to blow around my ankles, teasing them. It was kind of romantic really, standing there, leaning over the old iron railing. I felt like a heroine from one of those cheap, paperback romance novels that mom often buys from Dollar General, she often buys them to give her something to read on the long, day trips we often take.

You know, those kind of trashy romance novels that often feature a sultry young woman with long, blonde tresses of hair, she is often seen wearing a too short dress, standing beside her is a young man, who is often shirtless, he has sharp features, and dark black eyes. His hair is often short and cropped and he wears form fitting jeans.

It sounds weird. But that's how I felt standing there. Leaning over the iron railing. Feeling the wind blowing through my hair, my skin still wet from my stint in the dunking booth. And the warmth of Clay's hand resting on my hand. It was just so romantic in a mawkish kind of way.

“So are you ready for school.” Clay said as he peered toward me. “School starts next week.” He added.

“Not really.” I said with a sigh. “I mean I'm starting high school in a week, and I'm kind of excited about it. But you know, I'm a little nervous about it. I've heard stories that they often haze incoming freshmen. I've heard the girls can really be cruel too.”

Clay blinked.

“Oh.” He said as he moved in a little closer. I could smell his aftershave and body deodorant. It was kind of a nice smell that made goosebumps pop up on my arms. It also made a tad bit lustful, feeling his warm flesh so close to mine.

“Don't worry. Those are just stories. Nobody is really going to haze you, I mean you're going to the public school right?” Clay asked me as he moved a little closer. The wind was starting to pick up now. And I could smell rain on the breath of the wind. The wind also carried the scent of fair-food, you know hot dogs, hamburgers, corn dogs, funnel cakes, pizza, and french fries. And the strong smell of manure from the petting zoo.

“Yep. Mom and dad wanted to send me to Manchester Academy. But in the end it was decided that public school would be better for me.” I said smiling as I placed my head upon his shoulder.

“Hey Lauren.” He said smiling as he shifted his eyes toward me, “You looked pretty cool in that dunking booth.” He said, smiling a smile that made my heart leap into my throat.

I'm not going to lie, I was stunned, it was the least expected thing I expected him to say. I felt my cheeks starting to fill with color as I peered toward him. Then I found myself breaking into a fit of giggles, that had the the most corny pickup line in the history of pickup lines. Once my giggling stopped and I felt myself getting my breathing under control I peered back at him.
“Thanks, it was kind of nerve racking, sitting up there, letting people toss balls at me, the water was freezing too and it was so embarrassing being up there in front of the whole town in nothing but a bathing suit.” I said, sighing. “But I guess that's just part of being a normal teenager.”

Clay nodded his head. I could tell he was trying to think of something cool to say, but the words seemed to just fly from his mouth. And so he just settled for moving in a little closer. And so, a peaceful silence fell over us. Then it happened, from somewhere beyond the river, that is the Big Black, that could be seen faintly in the distance a rocket shot up, a few seconds later the rocket exploded into a stunning ball of light.

Then dozens of rockets started to shoot into the air, the evening sky seemed to explode into a stunning array of colors. Green's, blue's, red, yellows, pinks, all seemed to melt together. No, that is not the word I'm looking for, blend is the word I'm looking for, all those colors seemed to blend together after one massive explosion followed another.

“They're beautiful.” I said as I peered at the glittering fireworks that filled that night sky. The faint smell of burned black powder was stilling to drift toward us. I guess that made sense considering the direction the wind was blowing, and given how high up we were.

“Not as beautiful as you are.” Clay said as he turned me around and for a moment our eyes met each other. Then before I could catch myself I found myself leaning in. A moment later, our lips were locked together, Clay held me tight, I could feel his strong arms holding my frail arms. I could feel his tongue reaching into my mouth, I could feel him sucking upon my teeth.

My mind went blank, and then I saw them, my own fireworks. These fireworks were inside my head. Before I could catch myself I found my own tongue going into his mouth. It was the strangest feeling ever, having a boy's tongue roll around inside your mouth, and to have your own roll around inside yours. All the while fireworks are popping off inside your head and those tiny hairs on the back of your neck are standing straight out and you feel your growing breast pressing into his chest. And you can feel him, getting hard and pressing into you.

I'm not trying to sound lustful or anything. But it was a totally new experience for me, it was not like the movies, were the girl and guy kiss and they seem to have some form of self control going on. Now, there was no self control here, I could feel him growing hard and pressing into me, and I wanted him, but I knew I had to control myself I was wrestling with my own emotions and at the same time I was riding this massive was of pleasure that seemed to be flooding every inch of my body.

Then it happened, we had to stop, kissing was like holding your breath under water, you could only do it for a few seconds at a time, a few minutes tops before you had to come back to the surface for some fresh air.

“Damn.” Clay said, breathing hard as he peered toward me. “You're a damn good kisser.” He said smiling. “We should do this more often.” He added it as a bit of an afterthought.

I flushed again. I was not expecting to get my first kiss of my teenage years tonight, nor was I expecting to be graded on them. I had no idea what to say. My mind was blank and I could still see the flame of passion burning behind Clay's eye. For a moment I was afraid, afraid that I had released a beast, a beast I could not control and a beast that could very well hurt me if it wanted too.

“Yes, maybe we can.. I still need to practice a little.” I said, trying to laugh a little. I could feel myself coming down from a big high. I wanted to kiss him more, but I still saw that beast lurking behind his eyes, and I was very much aware that he was far stronger than me, much faster, and if he wanted too, he could pin me down. I also knew that if I feed the beast any more it might just launch out and attack me.

“Something wrong?” Clay Asked as he peered at me. His smile was charming, and disarming that made me feel a bit silly about the thought that had just filtered through my head. Maybe I'd been reading too many of those cheap romance novels that mom kept laying around the house. My heart was racing too, and my breathing was ragged. I quickly reached into my purse and without thinking I pulled out my rescue inhaler, taking a few puffs and swallowing them I started to breathe a little better.

Clay looked on with concern.

“Sorry,” I said, returning the inhaler to my purse. “Sometimes my asthma starts to act up.” I explained. “Plus it's late, we better get back to town. Mom might freak and call the police and file a missing person's report if I'm not back soon.” It was a lie, If I knew my mom and dad, I'm sure the two were necking just like I'd been on some park bench. I could stay out all night if I wanted to and none of them would blink an eyelash.

“Sure.” Clay said. “Hey I enjoyed it though. Maybe we should do it again sometime.” Clay said as he started to climb down the iron steps. He held out his hand.

Without thinking, I took his hand, then I smiled a little. You know live once, and well, called it a crash course in sexual education, but between mom's trashy romance novels that featured shirtless cowboys with rock hard abs and lustful cowgirls with big, full body lips. And the few works of The Marquis De Sade my dad kept in the reading room. A few I've flipped through with his approval, dad was oddly liberal considering his strict Roman Catholic upbringing.

Anyway between all that reading, I had a faint idea how to tease.

“Maybe, we could even pool our money together and rent one of those motel rooms they have behind Chuck's. You know, for some more private alone time.” I teased.

“Sounds like a plan.” Clay said without skipping a beat.

And well, faithful readers, that is how my first summer of being Lauren came to an end. But hey, stick around there more wild, and wacky adventures ahead. And I'll be keeping you guys posted too. So until, remember to keep smiling, because life is what made it. And I hope to make something of mine, and I hope you guys will join me for the ride.

Love, Lauren.

The End.

up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos