Living Next Door to Alex - Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

-->
laurapausini_0.jpg

Living Next Door to Alex – Chapter 5
By Julie D Cole

Alex said he didn’t have a shaving kit since he hadn’t packed but in any case he hadn’t shaved for at least 2 years and so he didn’t need one. Gemma had offered to loan him one of her lady shavers and a bikini trimmer together with some shaving cream. They were in a bag since he said he preferred to shave in privacy back at the cabin.

Gemma father joked asking if he was intending shaving top and tail and told him to take care using the bikini trimmer.

We headed back to the cabin about 30 minutes later because the light was fading outside and Gemma and her parents wanted to close up the restaurant and clear the kitchen. I could see that Gemma had wanted to carry on but she must of realised Alex wanted to head back to the cabin.

He insisted on holding my hand on winding steps leading up to cabin that was nice. I shuddered a little but it wasn’t the cooling breeze. Alex put his arm around me for the rest of the way. It was another indication that Alex was not phased by my new image and I was liking the attention that was new to me. I didn’t resist and maybe the wine had relaxed me. I actually felt totally at ease with Alex and safe for the first time in a long time.

Inside the cabin I put on some music whilst Alex dimmed the lights. He took hold of my hands and faced me.

‘Now I need your help Jules if you don’t mind.’

‘Of course what is it?’

He didn’t answer he just leaned forward and kissed me fully on the lips and held the kiss for what seemed an age. I was no expert but I did my best to relax, close my eyes and tried to respond like I’d seen in close-ups in movies or in scenes on tv.

‘Right Jules I need to test which is better, with my beard or without. If you can wait for 10 minutes you can tell me what you think without it. I hope that kiss wasn’t too much of a shock. I couldn’t stop myself since you’ve changed so much and I like it.’

I just shook my head and then I nodded. ‘No I mean yes. Sorry but I’d not expected that and especially the feeling that came over me. You are obviously an expert. I never even kissed a girl. Or a man for that matter incase you were in any doubt.’

I had to sit down to catch my breath. Girls are so lucky. I wondered how many Alex had kissed since he left home and how many broken hearts he’d left behind. It didn’t seem like Gemma was on the list of broken hearts. I felt slightly jealous in case he still had feelings for her and moreso since they’d clearly been intimate. I couldn’t match that so better to avoid going too far.

I sat back on the sofa and switched to a local music channel. I closed my eyes thinking of how to avoid getting my heart broken again and then as if someone had anticipated my mood a song of Alex’s came on. I missed the intro and I couldn’t help but listen to the words.
Maybe I'm a loner,
Maybe I'm a man,
Maybe I'm a fool,
But I’ve tried to understand.
I've been a dreamer,
And I've been around,
And I've spent my time
In many lonesome towns.
I used to have a childhood friend,
I first knew as a child,
Sometimes she was so gentle,
Sometimes she'd be so wild.
I gave her all my lovin,
And I gave her all my youth,
So certain of the future,
So sure we found the truth….

Suddenly I sensed movement and when I opened my eyes there was Alex, bare chested and clean shaven. He was applying some of the complementary cologne and he smiled and then joined in whispering the words.

San Antonio Bay,
All the feelings we both hid away,
Always blue skies and never grey,
We were so young in San Antonio Bay.
So you see my dearest,
Just why I've been so strange,
I've had so many heartaches,
It's hard for me to change.
So when I want some lovin,
Will you come fly away with me,
I still can't help remembering
The way things used to be...
San Antonio Bay,
We dreamed we’d both return one day,
We said we be back, this time to stay.
We were looking forward to that day,
But we couldn't find the words to say...
San Antonio Bay,
All the memories won’t go away,
Didn't want our sky to turn from blue to grey,
We were so young in San Antonio Bay.
San Antonio Bay,
Where my love and I might one day stay,
We were looking forward to that day,
But we couldn't find the words to say...
San Antonio Bay,
All the memories won’t go away,
Didn't want our sky to ever be grey,
Such happy days we had in San Antonio Bay.

‘You inspired that song Jules. Even though we were young boys together I decided to write the song with you as my girlfriend. I realised we had strong feelings for each other when I reflected on our years growing up together. It seems like I always knew you were a girl inside and Rachel and the gang have always assumed Jules was my first love. True I guess.’

‘So I guess my appearance wasn’t that much of a shock when I opened my front door to you.’

‘Strange but true.’

‘So this was the hit song that Sally mentioned to me.’

‘I don’t know but it did sell and I needed a hit to pacify Rachel and keep us in the spotlight. Anyway what do you think of my new look?’

‘It’s how I remember you and much better than the wild look you’ve had.’

‘Care to try it and tell me which you prefer close up.’

‘I said I would.’

This time the kiss was much softer and I pressed my lips hard towards his and he pulled me close against his body. I don’t know how long it was before we finally parted and when we did I took a deep breath as he lifted me onto the bed.

‘Which side did you say you liked to sleep on?’

‘Your side will be good for me but I’m not tired yet.’

Alex reached for the remote to switch off the music and the lights and the room was filled with moonlight as the shades weren’t drawn. This wonderful experience just couldn’t be true. I had to pinch myself.

‘Alex this isn’t right. If our relationship continues like this who knows where it will end. It will kill your career.’

‘So what? But on the other hand I’ll be a lot happier. What price fame and fortune. It’s a lonely life like I said in the song. I can’t imagine becoming a middle aged rock star let alone an old. There are too many already. I think it’s time to take a serious at myself and decide what’s best for both of us.’

‘But I’m not your responsibility and you owe me nothing. I’m so happy to see you again but this is dangerous. I’m still in the body of a man and I can’t give you what you deserve. Even after my operation there is no penetration. How to keep you satisfied?’

‘I don’t consider life owes me anything than what I’ve had so far. You have been a large part of my life and I’ve missed you. I want to be with you and take care of you.’

‘I’ve missed you too. More than you could ever know. I still think we should stop this now before things get out of hand. You and Gemma would make a wonderful couple.’

‘Gemma is a young woman who is worldly wise for her age. She deserves to live a bit and not get tied down in a relationship with a fading star. I’ve offered to set her up with an agent I know who looks after solo artists. She has a great voice and as you’ve seen she is really beautiful.’

‘ What about you then?. You are not fading just in need of a change. Will you carry on for me please.?’

‘I’m not totally giving up. I’m intending going solo too and breaking with Rachel as well as the backing group. I have a recording studio set up where I can relax and write songs. I’m finished on the road. I want to spend time with you.’

‘But can that ever be the total answer since you are a workaholic?’

‘I might do guest appearances on TV shows but I really want to spend time traveling and I need somebody to join me to enjoy it with me. Who better than you, my oldest friend? The only true friend I have in this world.’

‘It sounds nice but I don’t even have a passport and if I had one how to get through security or customs whilst I’m like this? It’s not easy or comfortable for trans people. Male or female.’

‘We’ll solve that together. I can help sort your identity card, passport and even your driving license. I have expert travel agents on the payroll. They deal with everything like this most days of the week.’

‘So what do you want to do? I’m here with you and I’ve no clue where we are or how to get home if you leave me.’

‘Just trust me like you always used to do. By the way you do talk a lot these days so why not just wrap yourself in my arms and you can make sure you prefer me without a beard and if I pluck up enough courage I might let you check out what sort of job I did with the bikini razor.’

‘Don’t tell me you’ve cut yourself? You haven’t have you?’

‘I nicked myself a few times but I’m intact. Do you want to check?’

‘No not now. I’m not ready for that. I have a lot to think about already and I know what one looks like thankyou.’

‘OK I’m in no hurry. I’m sure that you had a good look already in the bath earlier.’

‘Yes I saw everything and I think you were testing me.’

Alex cuddled me again and in no time at all we were between the sheets and I snuggled up close and he wrapped his arms around me. I was soon asleep since it had been an eventful day. My sleep was disturbed a couple of times when Alex moved around to make himself more comfortable. I snuggled back into position both times and felt him kiss my forehead.

It was light early and the sun was coming up as I opened my eyes to look around. Alex wasn’t in bed and I couldn’t hear any noises from the bathroom. I wondered if he’d decided to leave and so I looked around for any messages and my phone. Nothing to be seen. I got out of bed to look out of the window. Nobody to be seen close by but some indication of life in the restaurant and somebody down on the beach heading towards the wooden staircase. I wish I’d had my eyes tested and accepted that I needed glasses for distance at least.

I rang Alex’s number but his phone rang out in the room. I seemed to be in the bedside drawer. I went into the bathroom and relieved myself then looked at my face in the mirror. I’d forgotten to use my face cream before bed but other things were on our minds and we were both obviously more tired than we thought.

I climbed back into bed and turned on TV to get the early news and local weather forecasts. Then the door opened gently and Alex appeared dressed only in his shorts with a small towel around his neck.

‘Hi there Jules I hope I didn’t disturb you. I couldn’t resist an early morning dip. The sea is clear and there was no one around. It was so peaceful. No noise at all other than seagulls and a couple of pelicans having breakfast. I’m famished too even though I had a large steak last night. How about a quick shower and then down for some bacon and pancakes.’

‘If you don’t mind I like to start the day with a fresh coffee to bring me round.’

‘Coming up. Everything is here so it will soon be brewing. In bed or out of bed.’

‘In bed please. It’s nice in here and my side is hardly disturbed. Room for two.’ Did I really say that?

It was nice to be served a fresh coffee and I sat up and tried to cover my breasts as best I could. I had discarded my t-shirt after using the toilet so I only had my panties on.

Alex changed from his wet shorts into a dry pair and brought his coffee to sit on the bed close to me.
‘You look terrific this morning Jules. Did you sleep well? It wasn’t easy to behave myself but I admit that was the best nights sleep I’ve had in ages. Almost 8 hrs.’

‘It must be the fresh air and all the travelling followed by the wine.’

‘And because I had you as my comforter. Who needs a teddy bear?’

‘Thanks for being so nice to me and I felt safer than ever before with you to protect me.’

‘My pleasure. What would you like to do today?’

‘I’ve no idea. Maybe a walk on the beach and a dip in the sea but I don’t have a costume.’

‘I think Gemma will sort something for you or maybe we could find the local store that is supposedly close by. It looks like being a scorcher today so you might need a sun hat and some sun cream.’

‘That sounds like a plan.’

‘I think Gemma may loan me her car to avoid us using the bike. I think you had enough time in the saddle yesterday.’

‘I think so too. I think I need a shower then so do you mind passing my robe.’

‘OK would you mind if I join you to save water.’

‘I thought you’d had a dip in the sea.’

‘Yes I did but I need to remove the salt water especially from my hair.’

‘Ok but only if you promise to behave and not to laugh at me.’

up
82 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This is fun

Robertlouis's picture

…but you’re teasing us. Pretty sure how this will end. ;)

☠️

Only One Chapter to Go

and just 2 days left to meet the deadline for the contest.

Jules

Why so hesitant?

Jamie Lee's picture

Alex stopped communicating with Jules and then suddenly shows up at her home two years later.

All Jules has wanted is to tell Alex she loves him, and now that she has, and he her, she's hesitant to be in a relationship with him. Why? She makes the claim it will ruin his career, but there had to be more to it than worry about Alex's career. She said she isn't able to satisfy him sexually, but even that sounds hollow. So what's her real reason?

Others have feelings too.