Jason's Story - Part 15

Printer-friendly version

Jason's Story

by Kristine Roland

Chapters 45 - 46. The continuing story of Jason, a young boy that is coming to terms with his transgendered nature, and his mostly supportive family.

"I want to be Kelly. I am so much happier when I'm Kelly. I've talked to Mom and Dad and I want to start living full time as Kelly." Jason said.

Authors Note: Thanks to Joni W for editing this section for me!

Chapter 45

"Jessica, you have really gone too far this time!" Richard hissed into the phone. "Having Tom send that picture out and outing Jason is the most despicable thing I have ever seen you do. No matter what your beliefs, that was downright wrong. Why don't you just call for a lynching, you know what that is going to do to him at school! I swear Jessica, if anything happens to him, I will make sure that you pay for it. As it is, my lawyers are looking into whether or not we can sue you for anything. I have put up with your nonsense for years because you are my sister, but no more. Goodbye." Richard slammed the phone down.

Jessica hung up the phone, and went into Tom's room.

"Tom, what did you do?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" he replied with a puzzled look on his face.

"Where did you get a picture of Jason in that girls bathing suit, and why would you send it out into the world?"

"I took it with my camera phone while Uncle Richard and Aunt Kristine where arguing with you. I sent it out to shine the light of God on Jason."

"I thought you were going to confront Jason about it, not expose his sin to the world."

"I followed the teachings of Reverend Tripard. Reverend Tripard preaches about what we should do when confronted with perversion. He always tells us that abomination hides in even the most God fearing families. In our shame we let it fester and grow like a cancerous growth, because we are ashamed that we have found it in our own families. We must expose sodomites to the light of God, and never let our shame in their acts give them aide and shelter. Jason will feel the light of God now! You know this, Mom; surely you are not going to tell me that Reverend Tripard is wrong?"

"No, of course not Tom, I would never say such a thing."

"I am praying that Jason will learn from this trial and put this behind him."

"I know Tom, me too. Sometimes we must do things that are hard. Unfortunately, the rest of the family does not understand. We are going to have to shoulder this burden ourselves; none of them are going to support us."

"I'm not surprised. It is a shame that Jason will take them all down with him, I will add them to my prayers."

Chapter 46

"Well Jason, a lot has happened since we last met." Dr. Daniels said.

"Yes, it sure has."

"How are you handling it?"

"It's hard, but I have a lot of support. Mom and Dad have been great. Julie, I can't say enough about Julie. She stood up to her mother and told her about her own issues. I think they are going to be calling you. We all got together later on that night. It was a little tense at first, as her parents were really upset at Mom and Dad for keeping all of this a secret. Especially Julie's sexuality, but they eventually acknowledged that Mom and Dad had been in a no win situation on it and had done what they could to make sure that Julie was being supported. After that we talked about how to face the community. When we got home the answering machine was full."

"Tell me about the calls?"

"Some of them were supportive. Some were quite nasty. I think the worst were the ones that were false supportive."

"How do you mean?"

"One lady called, and said 'Oh, Kristine, it must be so difficult. I don't know what I would do if my son were gay. If there is anything I can do for you, please call.' It was just so… I think I preferred the ones that were just outright nasty. It seemed more honest. That is aside from the fact that she does not know the difference between gay and transgendered."

"Yes, I can see what you mean. How about your friends, have you spoken with any of them?"

"Well, Kathy and Sue both dropped by and gave me support. Kathy's parents were taken aback, but told her they were proud of her for taking a stand. Sue's mother was fine. The hard one was John. He was kind of pissed at me. I think it will be ok eventually, but he is upset because he feels like I have been lying to him our whole lives. At the same time he acknowledges that he would not have gotten together with Sue if it were not for Julie and I getting together. Sue made sure he knew that Julie and I would not have gotten together if she had not caught me. So we shook hands and said we would see how things go. I have not seen Steve yet; he just got back from Disney today. Kathy spoke to him though and she thinks he will come around."

"Then you have done remarkably well. The people closest to you are being supportive. So where do you want to go from here?"

"I want to be Kelly. I am so much happier when I'm Kelly. I've talked to Mom and Dad and I want to start living full time as Kelly."

"What about school?"

"Everyone already knows, so how much worse can it be. I'm not going to deny it. I will face it, whatever is involved. Mom and Dad are willing to fight for it with the school board if necessary. My bigger concern is the changes that have already started to happen in my body. Mom said that she had read that there were some medicines that could stop or slow down the start of puberty."

"Yes there are. If we decide that that is the right option for you, I can recommend a doctor that can prescribe that for you."

"You can't do that?"

"No, you need an endocrinologist to make sure that your body can handle it properly."

"Oh. Will you recommend it?"

"I have to speak to your parents. I might, because it would buy you some time."

"You will talk to my parents about it then?"

"Yes."

Jason and Dr. Daniels continued to discuss things, until shortly before the end of his hour. Dr. Daniels asked him to send in his parents.

"Well things have certainly gotten a little out of hand." Dr. Daniels said to them.

"Yes, my sister really put Jason in a tough place."

"Yes she did. Jason said he wants to go full time. How do you feel about that?"

"I think it is something he needs to do. Everyone knows already, so there is no risk of discovery." Kristine said.

"That is true. There are those that will be even more confrontational if they come on him as Kelly. You will also have to fight with the school, they are not likely to want to have to deal with this. Although the fact that he is switching schools may make that easier and schools around the country are starting to deal with transgendered students. There is precedence."

"What about the blockers?"

"They are very expensive, and they are not covered by insurance."

"I know, I've been doing the research. We need time, doctor. I'm not ready to do anything that is irreversible, or even partially reversible. We will find a way to pay for it."

"Ok, I agree. I'll give you a referral to an endocrinologist."

"Thank you, Doctor."

up
109 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Jasons Story Part 15

Kristine Thanks for another 2 great chapters-I hope Jessica & Tom get what they deserve, they`re really evil.

hugs susan_h

Thanks Susan_h

KristineRead's picture

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

You know the sad thing about people like Jessica and Tom, is that they don't think that they are being evil. They don't hate Jason or his family, they actually care about them, and truly believe what they are doing is right.

Which of course makes them all the more dangerous.

They know that Jason is going to have a rough time because of their actions, but they believe it is the only way to save his soul, which from their perspective is far more important then his comfort now.

As the expression says, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Hugs,

Kristy

Jason's Story

How sad that there are people that will out their own kin for stupid dogma. I prefer a church that accepts you as you are, NOT fitted into their mold.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Stanman63 - Thanks

KristineRead's picture

Thanks for all of the comments. I'm enjoying watching your thoughts as you progress through the story...

Hugs,

Kristy