Life Goes On Chp. 9

Printer-friendly version

Artemis walks between her mother and her aunt Stacy as they walk into a store that specialized in dresses for special occasions. They had prom dresses, wedding dresses of all sorts, and bride maids’ dresses. Her aunt Stacy knew some of the women working there.

“Stacy, Roxana what brings you ladies in today?” Brenda noticed they had a young teenage girl with them.

“We are hoping to find a nice dress for my niece to wear to the upcoming dance.” Stacy decided to dot eh talking for the three of them.

Brenda looks at the young teenage girl. She had nice cheekbones, a cute face, shoulder-length golden auburn hair, and a youthful-looking build.

“Do you have a favorite color you would like, dear?” Brenda had several dresses in stock that would look nice on Stacy’s niece.

“Baby or powder blue.” Artemis loved the color blue.

“Hhhmm, I think we might have several dresses that would look nice on her.” Brenda had a few in mind.

“Well, let's see what they look like.” Stacy loved fashion and wanted her niece to be a big hit at the dance.

“If you’ll follow me, please.” Brenda escorts Artemis towards the back of the store where the fitting rooms were and the showcase was.

Brenda stops and grabs a few dresses on the way towards the back. She could guess the young girl's dress size easily. She knew Stacy was the same way.

“Let’s try these dresses on first and see how you look.” Brenda hangs them on the dressing room door for Artemis to try on.

Artemis looks towards her mother. She was hoping she would come in and help her.

“I think she wants your help, cousin.” Stacy looks at Roxana with a smirk on her face.

“I think your right.” Roxana takes Artemis's hand and escorts her into the dressing room.

“Thanks, mom.” Artemis looks at her mother with a smile on her face.

“You’re welcome, sweetie.” Roxana helps Artemis change out of the dress she wore to the store.

Before they left the house this morning, Stacy had suggested that Artemis wear a dress along with all the proper undergarments as well. That way, she could tell how the dress she selected fitted her with the undergarments on.

For the next three hours, Artemis tries on a lot of different dresses, until she finds the right one, she liked, and her mother and aunt liked. She had several maybes hanging in the dressing room, but not all of them were agreed on by her, her mother, and her aunt.

The one she was wearing and modeling now was perfect and accepted by all of them. Artemis loved the color and style of it. Roxana loved the style and how modest, but sexy it looked on her daughter. Stacy liked the color and style of the dress and how it moved when Artemis twirled around in it.

Brenda loved how all three ladies loved the last dress she showed them. She forgot she had it in stock until she went looking for dresses that would fit the Artemis. She found out the young teenager’s name, after listening to her friend Stacy and Roxana comment on the other dresses.

Artemis looks in the mirrors surrounding her as she wore the dress. She loved the dress she had on. She never thought she would ever find anything so beautiful.

Roxana saw how Artemis was looking at herself in the mirror. She watched as the expressions on Artemis's face changed and a big ole smile appeared. She leans next to her cousin “your niece is extremely happy with that dress.”

Stacy saw the same thing that Roxana saw on Artemis’s face. She noticed how Artemis’s face lit up when she looked at her reflection in the mirror.

“I know. I think we created a monster.” Stacy remembered when she first saw Artemis and how she was dressed as a boy but looked like a girl.

Stacy looks at Brenda “so, what do we owe you?”

“Well, since that dress has been in my inventory for so long. How do a hundred dollars sound to you?” Brenda figures since it has been in her inventory for so long, she would give her friend a discount.

“Sounds reasonable to me. What do you thank, Roxana?” Stacy looks towards her cousin to see what she thought.

“That sounds good to me.” Roxana was going to spend up to three hundred for a dress for Artemis. Since this was the first event Artemis has ever experienced as a girl, she wanted it to be special for her daughter.

“Thank you, mom and Aunt Stacy.” Artemis gives each of them a hug.

“You’re welcome, sweet pea. Now, let’s go and get you some shoes to go with your dress and a clutch as well.” Roxana takes Artemis to the
nearest shoe store and buys a pair of really expensive heels to go with the dress for Artemis.

“I know the perfect place to get a clutch for Artemis.” Stacy takes Artemis and Roxana to a store where she buys her purses.

When they walk into the place, Artemis couldn’t believe how many purses there were and how expensive some of them were. She follows her aunt as she leads them towards the back of the store. She figures her aunt must have scouted out the place before bringing her and her mom to it.

Stacy knew what she was looking for. She had planned on buying it for Artemis as a Christmas present, but it would look better with the dress they just purchased.

Stacy spots the clutch she was looking for “good, they haven’t sold it yet.”

Roxana saw it and had to admit, it would look great with the dress or any outfit Artemis wore. She liked how it looked and if she was right, it was a designer clutch as well.

“You’re right, it would go perfectly with the dress.” Roxana looks at it.

“I was going to get you this clutch for a Christmas present, Artemis. However, since your mom bought you that dress. This is the perfect accessory for your dress.” Stacy was happy they hadn’t sold it yet.

“Thank you, Aunt Stacy.” Artemis hugs her aunt. She has never had anyone do something like this for her. She was finding out that it was
expensive to be a girl and also so much better as well.

Roxana and Stacy were going to wait before taking Artemis to the salon to have her hair done for the dance. They did make an appointment in advance for her. Also, Roxana buys Artemis her very first makeup kit. She looks at Artemis “I and your aunt are going to teach you how to apply to make up to your face, sweetie. Until then, I don’t want you to open this, just yet.”

“Yes ma’am.” Artemis wore some makeup at the slumber party she went to.

The girls there showed her how to paint her nails and toenails. They also showed her how to apply some makeup as well, but she didn’t mind her mother and aunt showing her how. They always looked nice when they wore theirs.

Artemis, Stacy, and Roxana stop to have a late lunch at an Outback Steakhouse. She loved the blooming onion they order as an appetizer. She gets a hamburger, instead of a steak. Her aunt Stacy orders a surf and turf plate and her mother orders a medium-cooked steak and baked potato for lunch.

After lunch, they explore the different shops buying earrings and necklaces to go with the dress. Stacy takes them by the store she works for and lets Artemis choose a perfume for herself. Her mother helps her find the right one for Artemis.

Afterward, they head home and put everything away, and change into their nightclothes. Artemis snuggles up to her mother as they watch a movie.

up
149 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Artemis get to enjoy her self

Samantha Heart's picture

Im gad Artemis' mother & Aunt took her shopping for just the right dress & id say they spent alot of money that day, between the dress, shoes, accessories, makeup & perfume..... but this young lady is worth it.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.