We Are Made of Stardust Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Dave Penkula was feeling as good as a person with their first hangover. Jordan's ex was also like a person who had way too many the night before because he was the only one to blame for how he felt. Even with protesting about how Jordan should be wearing a tux to the prom, Dave knew it was his fault they were not going together. Worse, they broke up because he was too bullheaded to give in.

Dave never even imagined that Jordan would find a date with another man at this close to the prom. Without a date, he thought that by prom night Jordan would give in and wear a tux. Dave would have said the reality of Ziggy and Jordan going to the prom was impossible. There were not that many high school students who were confident enough in their sexuality to come out as gay. Then the few men who were would want their men to be in a tux when dressed for a night out. A sharp-dressed man holding in while they dance was his dream prom date. That sharp-dressed man should be Jordan.

What made the situation worse for the lovelorn man was that he liked when Jordan would wear dresses and skirts. Jordan had long slender legs and a short skirt really showed them off and Dave was a legs man. To him, nothing beats a sexy pair of legs. He also liked how confident Jordan was about wearing what he wanted to wear. Seeing someone being who they were, not only gave Dave the confidence to be who he was, to let others know he was gay, and also to ask Jordan out. Dave doing both at the same time was one of his favorite memories. Those events also changed his life.

It was four years ago, their freshman year on the Friday of the first home football game for Mt Lebanon. That meant it was School Spirit day. The school was a sea of blue and gold. All the football players were wearing their jerseys, the cheerleaders and band were in their uniforms and the majorettes were in their sweatsuits. Most of the student body was also in blue and gold. To Dave, the best outfit was Jordan's. He was wearing a gold blouse with a blue skirt. All Dave could think of was those legs.

Even with Dave being as generic as a hamburger from a fast-food restaurant, he knew he had to ask Jordan to the game. The only reason Dave was bland was because he felt like he had to hide himself so others would not figure out he was gay. Just saying he was gay would not add any flavor to Dave. That statement without action would have felt like a feeble attempt for attention, plus just declaring something was not his real style. The real style Dave envisioned himself having was going for the brass ring and right then Jordan, his dream boy, was that brass ring.

Dave walked up to Jordan full of confidence. Even with being sure he was going to be rejected, as his classmates were that they were going to win tonight, the boy who wanted to be the best version of himself had no fear. He knew each step was bringing him closer to being who he actually was. Plus, Jordan was a friend so he would let Dave down as gently as possible.

How could Jordan say yes, the only thing Dave had going for him right then was he had the potential to be a great man. Reaching for that potential, made Dave start to glow to Jordan. Reaching for their true potential was the one quality which Jordan was looking for in a boyfriend, so little did Dave know the answer was going to be yes.

The boy in a cute outfit knew what he saw as Dave was approaching him, a person who knew they were reaching for their true potential and letting the stardust inside shine. Seeing someone start their journey to be the best they could be put a smile on Jordan's face. That someone being a smart and charming friend made the smile even bigger than normal.

Dave said, "Jordan, I would love to go to the game tonight with you."

Jordan's intuition told him that Dave was the boy for him. That they would help each other grow into the best men they could be. He quickly said yes and twisted his wrist to offer Dave his hand to hold. Dave took Jordan's hand and felt at home.

The man who evicted himself from his own home saw Steff in the halls. Dave might not have the official title of Jordan's boyfriend, but that technicality was not going to stop him from acting like he still was. Dave was going to make sure Steff learned better manners.

"Hey, watch what you are saying about Jordan."

"I only gave a compliment. I said he was pretty."

"Oh shut up and listen to me. I know you look down at him for being who he is. Your cute comments to your friends have a way to get around the school. Other people, like me, overheard them. You were too far away from me to say anything right then, but I will now. I might not be with him right now, but I do not like anyone talking down about him or anyone else just for being themselves."

Steff did not like anyone telling him what to do and knew the perfect way to get back at the man who was telling him to mind his manners. "Ahh, it is cute that you still love your ex. Too bad you will have to wait for the perfect gentleman, Ziggy to mess up. Jordan is going golfing with him on Saturday."

************

Jordan was wearing skin-tight black capri pants with a bright pink t-shirt, flats, and a smile when he walked into physics. The smile came from feeling good about embracing his feminine side and Ross's quip that he could rock that outfit better than Jordan. His best friend's statement was the same pithy remark as always when Jordan wore something feminine and in Ross's colors. The good feeling came from Jordan knowing that the joke had some truth in it. Ross would own wearing that outfit because of his colors and not care what anyone said.

Jordan was feeling good when he walked into physics. His mood got better seeing the guy who was his prom date. He took his seat next to Ziggy and a hint of vanilla and cinnamon came along with him. As his prom date took his seat, Ziggy started to think of Joy. Unconsciously noticing that scent was what brought thoughts of his best friend to Zigs. Thinking of his best friend always made Ziggy's mood better and he wanted to share the happiness with others. The man, who wanted to have others feel like him, could tell that Jordan was pleased with how he looked and said, "You look great today."

Jordan turned redder than the stripes on the American flag from the compliment. He was not used to men, other than his ex, ever saying anything positive about his looks when dressed femininely. Those kind words made Jordan know that his date was going to be a gentleman at the prom and treat him like a lady. Ziggy was going to make sure that Jordan felt as beautiful as he looked.

Jordan said, "Thank you. It is easy to look good when one feels good. It adds to my confidence when wearing Heartbeat. I just love how that smells on me."

Excitingly Ziggy said, "That is by XOXO, I love that smell! I bought that perfume for Joy two Christmases ago."

As he extended his slender arm Jordan jokingly asked Ziggy if he wanted to get a better smell as he offered Ziggy a sniff. Ziggy was feeling playful and went along and sniffed. He then said, "That scent does work on you well."

Jordan continued the banter by saying, "I would say, if I didn't know better I would say you were flirting with me Mr Van Diemen."

Ziggy kept it up by saying, "Who’s to say that I am not, Mr Kerr?"

Even with the class being physics, those two had chemistry. Their friendship was growing and both of them were going to be so much more comfortable at the prom with each other. The two men who were going to the prom together knew it was harmless flirting. Jordan might not be with Dave but his heart still belonged to his ex and Ziggy did not feel anything sexual towards Jordan.

Even with the little exchange between those two being playful, the eavesdroppers did not take it that way. Seeing the joking around as what it really was, would not be as juicy as it would be for those two starting the courtship ritual. The interaction the eavesdroppers just witnessed being the prologue of a romance, would be something to talk about. Them wanting to hear their own voice made it clear that those two were flirting. Soon the rest of the school would know.

************

Rumors were like sleds, they made tracks. These tracks made the circulation of other related rumors faster. The good news of a new couple in love was all around the school by the end of the next period.

So The Jordan and Ziggy Were a Couple Express rolled down the tracks and made three stops at Beth Station by the start of the next period. That revelation made Joy taking offense and getting defensive about Beth joking around yesterday to now make sense. Ziggy's sexual preference must be a secret they shared and Joy did not want it to get out before her friend was ready for people to know. Protecting each other was what friends did.

Ziggy liking men also made Beth understand why he and Joy never were a couple. Those two were so close and meshed together well. The reason was there was no chance of sexual tension between them. Unreciprocated sexual tension was the biggest cause for the platonic relationship between the sexes to end during high school. It was hard to maintain a level of closeness when one person wanted the relationship to be more than the other. It becomes easier when people become more mature.

Beth was happy for Ziggy was now showing his true self and not hiding it anymore. A person was not able to reach their full potential if they were holding back part of who they were to others. For the world to be the best everyone in it has to be at their best also.

The lady who now felt closer to Ziggy knew she had to apologize to Joy as soon as possible. Not listening to her friend when she told her to stop was wrong. That communication breakdown caused a rift between them and it needed to be repaired.

************

Jordan saw Dave sitting alone in the corner of the cafeteria facing the wall. The senior entering the lunchroom did not like seeing this sight one bit. Professional wrestling was as real as Jordan's ex sitting alone was normal. Jordan went to join him to see what was wrong. They might not be a couple anymore, but Jordan was hoping that one day soon they would get back together. Jordan knew it was bad when the sad man's answer to do you mind if I join you was "Nope, go ahead."

That answer was dull. Jordan could not see any of the stardust inside Dave shining, so he went straight to the point of asking what was wrong. Dave said, "Nothing."

Dave's answer was a lie. Dave did not want to bother anyone with his issue, let alone the man who he thought moved on from him so soon. To Dave, there should have been more time before he heard about Jordan being with another man. To top it off, it was Ziggy. Those two being a couple made no sense. Ziggy never showed any interest in men before. Preferences do not change overnight. Jordan might have been in a very feminine phase of his gender fluidity, but that did not change the fact that Jordan was all man.

Jordan did not like how that man sitting across from him reverted back to how he was before they got together. "Sweetie, we were together for almost 4 years, so don't say, nothing. We might not be a couple right now, but I know you. I love and care for you and I want to know what is bothering you."

"Love and care for me enough to be going to the prom with another man."

"You are the one who called off going to the prom. I always dreamt of wearing a nice gown to the prom. You know I have always been the woman of our relationship."

"That doesn't mean you need to dress like one on our big night out."

"I can dress how I want."

Hearing those words reminded Dave about the conversation he had with Ziggy. Ziggy was able to handle Jordan being in a dress at the prom, so Ziggy was the better man for the man who owned Dave's heart. "Sorry, I know. I am just hurt that you and Ziggy are already together."

Jordan held in his laughter. That statement was daft, but treated it seriously. Jordan knew that Dave believed what he said. "I am not with Ziggy, we are just going as friends. What makes you think we are?"

"J, please don't try to protect me. I heard about you two in physics class."

"Sweetie, Ziggy and I, were just joking around. I am not ready to be with anyone else other than you. Also even if I was, Ziggy wants a girl who has more up here and less down there."

The man who was trying to comfort Dave pointed first at his chest and then at his groin when saying the last part. Dave smiled at the joke and said. "Sorry, it should be me taking you to the prom. Let's get back together. I messed up. Let me take you to the prom."

"Let's get back together, but I cannot let you take me to the prom. There is only three days until the prom and it would not be fair to Ziggy for me to back out."

"He would understand, he did the same for Joy."

"The only reason he did it for Joy was because he knew Steff could not handle his woman being with another man at the prom. Even with it being just two friends together, that little boy of hers would be too jealous."

"I will be jealous if another man took you to the prom."

"If you will be too jealous of me being with a friend then we should not get back together. Unlike Joy, I do not deal well with little boys."

***********

As Steff was walking towards Joy to join his girl on their way out for lunch, the boy thought about how he always joked to himself that Ziggy was gay. He now knew why he laughed when doing so. The best jokes were always based at least a little in the truth, and Ziggy was into men. The boy was amazed that he had not figured out that fact earlier. First, what real man would be like Ziggy? Also, he turned down Beth’s advances. What red-blooded man could? Her looks were like a hard fall, breathtaking. Plus, Beth had a great personality and was talented with her camera. Lastly, Ziggy being gay explained why he was such close friends with Joy. In Steff's world boys and girls could not be friends with each other.

Steff and Joy started to talk about the day as they were leaving lunch. That daily walk to their next classes was a couple of shared moments the couple had. The stroll was used to keep updated about the happenings in each others' life and around the school. Those two did not spend lunch together while eating because Steff felt that Joy hampered him and his boys from being boys. Steff and his friends could not have locker room talk with her around.

Steff broached the subject of Ziggy and Jordan. He knew that was on her mind. The man, who wanted to be on Joy's good side, made sure to be serious about what he found funny - Ziggy being a pecker puffer. There were only three days to the prom and Steff did not want to lessen his chances to get some.

The real reason Steff found Ziggy being gay as funny was he was scared of how close that boy was with Joy. Steff was now relieved from the fear of losing Joy to Ziggy. If pressed he would realize that fact.

The boy, who was insecure about his relationship, knew that Joy would never cheat on him, or that Ziggy was not the type of man who would be with another man's girl; still, he did not like it. If Ziggy ever declared his love for Joy, Steff's subconscious knew that she would drop him in a heartbeat. Steff was Joy's fallback boy. The worst part was he had to be friendly with the guy who could take his place at any moment. This tension led to him never getting as attached to Joy as he should have or wanted to.

His harmless comment elicited exactly what he did not want, Joy's wrath. Hearing that rumor being spoken so matter of factly by her boy evoked fear in Joy's soul. For some reason, Ziggy being gay made Joy scared that she would not be as close to him as she wanted to. For some reason, Ziggy being gay made it so they did not work out as well together as before. Now, they were more of a substitute for each other instead of a complement.

Ziggy wanting men also ruined how Joy pictured the future; her and her husband and Ziggy and his wife being close friends. She pictured going out for Sunday brunch, her and Ziggy sitting next to each other and the faceless man and woman across the table from them. Then after brunch, her and her Zigs would spend some alone time together to keep their friendship close, while the other two would do whatever.

Joy told her man to never repeat that lie again. Steff used the logic that everyone was saying it, so it must be true. That flawed argument did wear down some of Joy's resolved to not believe the hype. Coming closer to terms with the future of not having as much of Ziggy in it as she wanted, made Joy lash out even more. She did not want to face that truth. She left their time together abruptly and told Steff she was taking the bus home.

The boy who was blindsided was truly apologetic. The majority of the feeling of repentance came from him wanting for Joy to be in the best mood possible for the prom. A minority of it was from him not liking to see his fallback girl upset. She might only fit in his short-term plan, but Steff cared about her as a person. He saw her as a great person, just not the one.

A couple of periods later Steff was blindsided once again by Joy. This time the unsuspected action came via an apologetic text from Joy. It also asked him to get a hall pass.

Joy came to the acceptance of her Zigs being gay when she talked to Beth. Beth was serious about knowing she crossed the line with the joking earlier this week. Then Joy's friend stayed calm while facing the storm of Joy's anger about the subject. Instead of trying to defend her statement about Ziggy being gay, Beth was there for a friend who felt hurt by the truth. Beth knew that the anger was from how Joy found out about her best friend's secret. It had to hurt that Ziggy did not open up to Joy. Joy found it impossible to refute Beth's logic about Ziggy being gay. No single man could resist the temptation to at least flirt back with Beth, yet so many times, Ziggy did.

The feeling of loss of her future with Ziggy made Joy looked past how untrue Beth's statement was. It was true no single boy could resist taking the chance to get with that stunning beauty named Beth. Hell, the only reason most boys in a relationship could, was that they were scared of losing what they already had. A bird in hand was better than a better bird in the bush.

The flaw in Beth's logic was Ziggy was not a boy, but a man. He never played back with the flirting for he saw that story play out multiple times with Beth. Beth's interest in the supporting character in this tale was feigned. The protagonist would always lead a boy on to get him interested enough to chase her. Then the climax where the poor boy who finally want to go from flirting and dating to going steady always had the same outcome, Beth saying no. The girl, who enjoyed being chased but not getting caught, always used the same reason why she did not want to get more serious; the so-called object of her desires was only after her because of her looks.

Ziggy felt bad for Beth telling and retelling this tragedy over and over again. It was like her dating life was on an endless repeat cycle. He knew the drama was from Beth not feeling good about herself. That she used others wanting her to temporarily boost her self-worth. Ziggy would have been open to her flirting if Beth saw herself how any true man did. She was a total package, her outer beauty was insignificant to the inner beauty trapped inside her. Once she let that stardust she was made out of shine, it would be hard for anyone not to be blinded by what was genuinely the most beautiful part of Beth, her true potential as a person.

************

Ross had second lunch so he did not get to sit with Jordan. Instead, he sat with Ben Scorvanko and his crew. The only reason he sat with them, was that they knew each other since before kindergarten from being from the same neighborhood in Mount Lebo. To Ross it was no big deal that he was not with his crew, they spent time together before and after school. Plus one does not grow as a person when surrounded by the same people all the time.

Ross and his friends never had lunch together when in high school. Everyone who hung out in Ross's basement after school joked that they got broken up into the three different lunches because Principal Patterson would not take the chance of having too much awesomeness in a confined space.

Ben was a typical high school senior, he did not think before he opened his big mouth. He made a comment about Jordan being a little slutty by getting with Ziggy so quickly after breaking up with Dave. Ben meant no harm with what he said, but it caused harm to his weak bond of friendship with Ross.

Ross had two big issues with that off the cuff comment. One, he knew that Ziggy and Jordan were not a couple, Jordan was still in love with Dave. The other big issue was that Ben was holding Jordan up to a higher standard than he held himself or other males. Just this past fall Ben was with his new girl, Helen Rogan, right after dumping Becki Klink. It irked Ross that Ben was holding females up to a different standard than males. Ross' best friend was male, but he knew that the troglodyte sitting across from him was treating Jordan like a female.

Ross being mostly a typical high school senior, had to defend his friend. "Ben, that is such a profound and true assessment of Jordan. How did you become so wise and able to read people so well?"

Ben looked as confused as an American trying to use the metric system. Then Ross converted his statement to imperial so that his dumbfounded lunch companion could understand. "Oh, I thought we were making statements which were demonstrably false.

"You have no right to say that about Jordan. Jordan and Ziggy are only going to the prom as friends. Even if they weren't, you got with Helen the night you broke up with Becki. Was that slutty of you?"

"Calm down, I meant nothing by that."

"If you meant nothing then say nothing."

*************

Joy was not the only one who was having a bad day from that rumor about Ziggy and Jordan. The man, who was going to be pretty at the prom, along with his date were also. People thinking that they were a couple did not bother Jordan. People passing bad judgment on him and Dave not knowing the truth until Jordan told him, did.

The whispers that Jordan was a slut and that he never loved Dave did start to get to him even more. He loved embracing his feminine side, but thought it was so unfair that if he did not wear a dress no one would say anything about him having a new prom date. If Jordan acted more like a man, he knew that the people would be saying that he was just getting back on the horse. Some of the same people who Jordan defended about their sexual activity were joining in calling him a slut behind his back.

The hurtful words were not the reason for Jordan's pain. Also, how those words affected Dave was a reason for the pain. The pain came from the hallways of the school not shining as much as it used to. The stardust, which was in his fellow classmates, was dulled by them not reaching for their true potential. The world would not keep on becoming a better place if these people were not reaching to be their best. Even with Dave knowing the truth, Jordan was concerned that those negative words about their time at each others' side would hamper his ex's journey to letting himself fully shine.

Jordan was also concerned that those words would destroy any chance they had of getting back together after the prom. Jordan loved Dave and so wanted to get back with him and could have at lunch, but did not. If Jordan and Dave were meant to be together then Dave would understand that Jordan needed to keep his word to Ziggy. He was not going to back out of going to the prom with Ziggy. Dave should know that Ziggy took a huge chance by saying yes and Jordan's date for the night reward should not be getting dropped when a better option came along.

************

The smell of the renewal of nature was in the air as Joy and Ziggy walked home together after being dropped off by the bus. It was fitting to Joy that the season of rebirth was when also her friendship with her Zigs changed for the better. She was a little hurt that he did not tell her about who he really was, but understood. Past experiences told her that sometimes the best words to use to state something important were actions. Words took people believing what was said, where actions made what needed to be believed seen. It was hard for people to not believe what they have seen. This news was something that needed to be seen. Joy knew that if her Zigs said he was gay, she would have laughed it off as a joke.

Even with wanting to start exploring the changes in their friendship, Joy was going to wait until they got to her house to do so. Ziggy's closest friend was going to do what she always did when she wanted to talk, invite him in for a drink. The lady who was ready to be there for her friend who was always there for her knew it was still a touchy subject for Ziggy so they should wait until they were in her room to talk. Also, she wanted to get to the juicy parts of liking men with her Zigs. She wanted to hear about anything he did with another man. They could exchange pointers about how to please men and also share how they liked to be pleased by men. This talk was going to make them even closer. Sharing something as personal as what you like while being intimate strengthened the bonds of friendship.

Ziggy also wanted to talk but for another reason. Unlike Joy's reason not being true, Joy's closest friend was. Ziggy was concerned about her taking the bus home today. He saw how upset Joy was after talking with Steff and wanted to make sure she was alright.

Joy's best friend felt guilty that he already got another date for the prom. Joy having to go stag and him having a date was not right. First, it was easier for a man to go to a prom solo. Ziggy was kicking himself for saying yes to Jordan. Also, Ziggy knew that having a great man at her side was a huge part of Joy's dream night at the prom. Wanting an escort was not because Joy needed a man to enjoy life, the reason was for she wanted the prom to be her first real night out with a man. The night would be a truly memorable evening if it was filled with romance, dancing, and great company. Ziggy knew he could provide two of them, and everyone knows that two out of three ain't bad.

Ziggy asked Joy if he could have something to drink right before she was going to offer him one. That question meant that he wanted to talk to her about something, and Joy believed she knew what that something was. Her Zigs was finally going to open up to her about his sexual orientation. This was more than just being there for a friend, it was an honor. Joy swelled with pride when she said yes.

As they went into the Eno's residents, Ziggy quickly said hi to Mrs Eno. She returned the greeting and went back to reading her book. Ziggy was the only boy who was allowed in Joy's room. This was due to the trust Mr and Mrs Eno had in Joy's best friend. The trust came from him being there for Joy and also for them. That young man was always helpful and offered to lend a hand to Mr Eno when he needed help in moving some furniture from his parents' home.

Mr Eno brought it up in conversation at a 4th of July picnic while talking with Steff and Zigs. The topic was just part of the small talk, Joy's dad could never find a topic to talk with Steff. That boy had some annoyingly ill-informed opinions about the world. Both Steff and Ziggy thought it was Mr Eno indirectly asking for help. Their responses to someone needing help showed their true characters. Steff came up with a vague excuse of already having plans for that day and Ziggy jumped at the chance. Mr Eno knew that Steff's plans were the same as Ziggy's, nothing. Right then the man asked himself why doesn't his daughter like Ziggy instead of Steff.

Joy joined her Zigs with two bottles of Snapple and gave him one. They both placed the bottles down for the drink was only a pretense to talk. As always the person who asked about having a drink started the conversation. "So is everything alright with you and Steff?"

The protocol of them talking was always the person who needed to, would bring up the topic right away. Them being able to be so forthright was from their close friendship. Joy did not like that Ziggy was not comfortable in following the status quo. "Yes, everything is fine. Why do you ask?"

"I saw you storm off after talking with him and then you taking the bus home. I am just concerned that you two did not have another big fight so close to the prom."

Ziggy caring about her relationship status warmed Joy's heart. Even with her friend about to share a huge part of himself with her, her Zigs was looking out for her well-being first. Being there for the other was what their friendship was about. Neither were looking for what they could get out of the friendship, but how to be there to help the other be the best they could be.

Joy hugged her Zigs. Joy thought that there were many great things about her boy, but Steff could not make her feel so safe and warm with his hugs as her Zigs did. No one else could make her feel that way, only her Zigs. The hugs feeling so good and different from anyone one else's now made sense. It was from her Zigs being gay. The feelings in the hugs were solely from friendship. The hug was pure caring incarnate.

Joy said, "Thanks for caring. Steff and I cleared that up. I took the bus home because I also wanted to talk with you.

"Tell the truth I thought you were going to bring up what I wanted to talk to you about. I am so happy for you and Jordan."

Hearing that Joy believed the hype behind that rumor, really hurt Ziggy. Other people coming to the same false conclusion did not bother him. In fact, Ziggy was making sure he did not correct anyone. Correcting someone made him feel like he was saying there was something wrong with being gay. If anyone would have asked, he would have told them the truth. Sadly, no one did. The juiciness of what they heard overrode them needing confirmation about if what was said was true. His fellow students took the non-denial as Ziggy giving confirmation to the rumor.

Joy thinking Ziggy was gay felt as wrong to him as having his shoes on his wrong feet. This rumor needed to be known as false right away to Joy. It would lead to them not being as close for one of the friends would see the other as who they were not. Knowing the other was what made their friendship so strong. Honest representation of oneself to the other was what kept it so those two knew each other so well.

"We are not a couple."

"OK, not yet; but having your first date at the prom is such a good start. Jordan is going to be so lucky that you like him. You will help him forget about Dave."

"Joy, I am not gay."

"Zigs, gay or bi it is fine. You know that I love you no matter what."

"I do know it is fine and you would love me if I was; but I am not gay."

"Come on the entire school knows that you are. If you were not ready to be out in the open you should not have asked Jordan to the prom. Also flirting with him in class today does not help in keeping it private.

“I understand you coming out to Jordan first, but I thought after people were talking about it you would open up to me."

"If I was gay, I would have told you already. I do not keep anything from you. I can't. You know that J.”

"I do not understand why you are taking their words over mine about who I am. Jordan and I were just joking around in class, it was not serious. I thought that you would always believe me when I told you something."

"Oh, I do. It is just, admitting being gay is hard and you are just not ready to say those words."

Ziggy got up and started to leave. Joy was hurt that she felt that her Zigs was cutting her off from part of his life. This would start them to drift apart. In truth, she was cutting Ziggy out of her life and making them drift apart by listening to everyone else other than him. True closeness between people depended on trust between them. Joy not believing her best friend was what started to form a divide between them.

Joy's pain came out in her words. "So you are just going to leave instead of talking about it."

Ziggy's voice also shared his pain when he said, "If you would listen to me you would know that there is nothing to talk about."

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos