Comes with Perks - 4

Printer-friendly version


Comes with Perks - 4


By Jessica C



Male college student coerced to be a female model...
Practice helps him to like it...


=^_^=

Kayla said, “We were hoping to take Nicole to brunch and then go back to my dorm room where you can change back to Nick. Nick can go up to his room and study a little before going to work.”

I stubbornly say, “I don’t do brunch, I do breakfast.”

Kayla says, “You’re free to do a big breakfast, but you should go back to Lexi’s dorm room and change back to Nick before doing so. You don’t want to mess up the outfit or your figure.”

Nikki says, “I can’t believe I’m doing all this.”

Kayla said, “I don’t think any of us could have imagined getting this far so soon. I already feel like I’ve known Nicole for a while.”

Having brunch was actually fun for Nicole as the three women shared bites of the others' food. That was something Nick would never do.

Lexi and Nikki were walking up to their dorm, Nikki said, “I can’t believe I’m walking up to Lancer Hall dressed as Nikki.” There’s a sigh and a breath taken as they go up to the elevator. Lexi reaches past Nikki to press the correct floor button. “Not your floor yet.”

Changed out of Nikki’s clothes and makeup, Nick dresses and brushes out his hair as he usually has it. Lexi and Nick sat down as he regained his voice and persona, before going upstairs. Lexi complimented Nick, “Hey, I enjoyed our time together. I appreciate all that you put up with. I like knowing both of you.”

=^_^=

Nick soon said good-bye and couldn’t help but notice the difference between walking back into his world and a male domain. Brock and Dolan who shared the suite of three rooms quizzed him about being away. He said he with some female students, and they teased him saying they must have forced him to have a shower and shampoo his hair.

He laughed saying, “You kinda guessed right, but it wasn’t what you’d imagine. I’m not saying more other than I hope to do it some more. In time, you’ll know more about it but not now.”

Brock observed enough, to say, “It looks like they groomed you, was that for their purpose or to hide what you did?” After Dolan had left, Brock came back, “Tell me what’s going on; I have both girlfriends and a sister. I don’t know what you did, was it with some in one of your study groups or coeds we don’t know?”

I had studied for over an hour not listening to him. When I got dressed and cleaned up for work, Brock was on my case again. “It must have something to do with people through work. Gee, Nick quit being so mysterious about this. You’re driving me crazy.”

I joked back, “You’ve been crazy before, you’ll get over it.”

I was able to use the university shuttle to the mall. While others were going I only recognized one as also working there. Melanie worked at one of the larger women’s apparel stores. While I thought she looked at me a little more than usual we only shared our usual greetings.

Steph was one of two customers who stopped in looking for shoes and asked if I was the guy who was nice to women without coming on to them.

“I have been working here for months; it would be a nice compliment if it’s about me.”

Carrie, my co-worker, overheard the comment and said, “We’ve heard the comment a few times lately. It seems that women customers have taken notice and passed the word along. It definitely doesn’t hurt business.”

It didn’t result in business right away with Steph. She tried on three pairs but said she’d need to wait for a sale. Carrie had offered a 5% discount, but Steph said she’d wait. Otherwise, work time went fast as we were busier than usual.

Sunday was a long day at the Mall as I was to work from 10 until six, but ended up helping Carrie up to closing at 8:00 p.m. Dorie the manager and I opened the store. She commented on hearing more compliments from shoppers regarding our service. Beth, Eryn, and Andrea, from the week before, came in the afternoon with two other friends, Raelyn and Kylie. Eryn was strangely quiet as Beth and Andrea were back to teasing me. Kylie spoke up, directing her words to me, “We have a sports banquet coming up and we would like to look more fashionable than athletic. What would you suggest?”

“Kylie, I would suggest you look at our selection of ankle boots that have straps. And I’d recommend anything up to a 2 1/2” heel for Raelyn. You know your fashion styles and colors, I just encourage you to be comfortable.” Raelyn shows me a picture of a long skirt and blouse she plans to wear. I am surprised that she thinks I would know enough to suggest something. I do take my time to look at her outfit and back to her twice. A black and maroon dress heels come to mind. I describe it and ask Dorie do we still have it in size nine. Dorie finds the dress shoe and I search out a maroon ankle boot. Both are very fashionable but need to be for the right customer and style.

It is easy to realize I made a new friend as I’m invited to call her Rae. She comments, “I usually find men disinterested in taller women.”

My comment, “It may have more to do with the guy, distracted not only by your size but how you’re attractive and probably in better shape than most of us guys. I even saw in one of your game programs that you’re a science major. Intelligence could also scare off some.”

While I am serving this group, I see Steph from yesterday come in with a person I’d take to be a mom or relation. If she wants me she’s going to need to wait. Going back for other shoes, I did comment to her, “Feel free to use Dorie or Carrie.”

She did use Carrie as Carrie already knew two of the shoes she was interested in. The fact was being a shoe store our specialty was our personal service and the quality of the customers’ experience.

Not only did I get sales from Rae and Kylie, but also a purchase from Andrea. I also got told I had another night to work on Wednesday.

Come 8:30 when we closed and I walked away from the store. I was surprised as Melanie called to me. “Do you have a ride back to campus?”

I say, “Not until the city bus comes at 9:00.”

“If you don’t mind riding with a bunch of us women, we can get you within a few blocks as we’re stopping to eat,” she replied? One was Melanie’s dorm-mate and a third another student friend. I thanked them for the ride and was stepping away from the pizza place they stopped at. Casey says, “If you can make some conversation and pay your portion you’re welcome to eat with us?”

Melanie was amused by my story of helping Raelyn. I had not mentioned her by name but Melanie knew the group and a skirt Rae had bought earlier and her complaint that their shoes were too narrow for her. “If we know you can serve her, you might be getting a few more sent your way.”

I said, “Tell them to give your name, we will do what we can to please them.”

Casey asked, “How come you’re not at one of the stores having more male customers?”

“You’re talking about the athletic shoe stores; there are two reasons. One, they didn’t hire me and two I don’t look like another jock.”

Casey says, “Your ability to converse with us says you’re at the right place.” They were interested in talking more than I was; so I put down a little more than the cost of my meal plus a tip. I excused myself.

I got a call from my sister on the way back to the dorm. Rachel hadn’t heard all that I had done since we last talked, but she was happy for me. “What happened, is this really my brother who shies away from women?”

“I’ve changed Sis and I have you in part to thank.”

Instead of calling over to Rob and Jake, I called down to Lexi about studying and ideas for a report due soon. It sounded like she had already done some of it, but she invited me down to the fifth floor. Lexi, Jan, and I studied some. Jan was interested in studying but was distracting me in her PJs. Lexi was answering most of our questions as she was ahead in her studies. Lexi was however interested in Eryn, Beth, Andrea, and the new friends I encountered. Lexi informed me, “Raelyn has befriended Kayla and talked her into a double business and science administration major. And she knows you’re a friend of Kayla’s.”

“Are you saying she knows about me,” I asked?

It was 11:30 by the time I was asked to leave. I was shaking my head as I walked away, I was big on female friendships and short on romance. Lexi had given me a hug and a kiss on the corner of my lips and cheek.

=^_^=


The next morning, Lexi spotted me as I got off at the first floor of the elevator and we went to our 11:00 o’clock class. “Nick, Kayla called and asked if we could meet and go out to lunch.”

I say, “I would love to, but I missed breakfast and need to use my meal program to save funds.” It hits me strange that Kayla called Lexi to communicate with me. “Hey, what gives that Kayla needs to reach me through you?”

Lexi says, “She saw an outfit that one of the stores want to be modeled at the fashion show. She’d show it to me but wanted you to be there. It would seem normal that we’d all get a good look at it.”

“That would be going a little fast for me,” I said.

Lexi stops in our tracks, “It would be fun; we’re happy to be there for you.” She begins walking again, “Just think about it.”

It's noon as the class is over and we’re walking out, “There’s Kayla and Raelyn; they must not have gotten my text,” Lexi said. “Let’s hurry and you can be back for business math at three.”

I’m in the car and Rae smiles and I can’t tell if she knows about me or not. Kayla said, “I hear you met my friend Raelyn. That you even sold her some shoes… She talked me into a double major, so I can use my talents to help humanity. I met her through our friend Eryn.”

I commented, “That’s a neat coincidence.”

Kayla looks offended, “Not really, I met her after a volleyball game. We’ve talked since and became friends.”

I’m wondering am I extra sensitive? Kayla checks a message, “Oh, so you weren’t planning on coming, sorry I cut into your plans. You buy your meal, and I’ll pay for your drink and tip.”

I say, “I can pay for any meal, it’s just my budgeting is close.”

Lexi misunderstands, ‘Close for clothes’, you’re budgeting clothes? No, we just looking at clothes, we’re not wanting you to buy anything right now.”

Raelyn giggles at the mistake between ‘close’ and ‘clothes’. “Why would you be worried about the clothes are they for you?”

The three of us go quiet as we go in to eat at Papaya Asian. Lexi was embarrassed and I was turning white as I held my breath. I paid Kayla ten dollars and she paid for our meals.

The conversation during the meal was okay, but Raelyn was suspicious. “Okay, what’s with whatever’s going on?”

Lexi and Kayla both stare at me; I say, “She might as well know; she’ll know soon enough.”

Kayla explains and Raelyn looks me up and down, “Funny, I have no problem seeing Eryn and Megan coaxing you into something like that. Does that mean I can go with you as we look at this new outfit?”

We’re walking to Forever 21 and Eryn’s at the entrance, and amused seeing Raelyn there as well. Ms. Jansen the manager greets us. “So I take it, that Lexi or Eryn is the lookalike and he’s the one who would be modeling for the fashion show… That will be cute. He’s not model thin, but you assure me he transforms well.”

Eryn had a picture from last Friday that she shares with Ms. Jansen. I blush as everyone gets to see the picture. Ms. Jansen walks us to the back room and uncovers a blouse and skirt combination. “This will not be out until the fashion show, there are three fashion shows that weekend in the Midwest. You will be our lifelike model.”

I begin to argue, “You don’t want to trust something like that to me?”

She giggles, “I have a similar outfit I want you to have to practice with. Don’t get nervous, but when you’re ready I hope Nicole will stop by.” She hands an outfit to Eryn on hangers. “The camisole is yours as is the outfit as long as you practice in it more than once or twice.” The silver-gray skirt and printed blouse are themselves nice, but the others recognize they’re from last year’s fashions.

We’re walking back to the car to go back to campus when Raelyn gives me advice. “You need to be dieting and doing aerobics to not embarrass yourself. You are trying to pass as a real woman, right?” Lexi assures her that is already planned.

Lexi and I are let out at our dorm with our books and Lexi caring the new outfit. Other students are surprised when I stop with Lexi as she shows off the outfit. In the elevator, Lexi reminds me to go to my room on the eighth floor. “You need to get to class.”

I guess Brock saw me come up to the dorm from our window, “So who’s your girlfriend?”

“She’s not my girlfriend, we’re in a few classes together. We ate lunch with some others that’s it.”

Brock says, “And went shopping too. I don’t go shopping with just classmates.” I exchanged books got my tablet. Brock steps toward me, “You even smell like you’ve been with several women.”

“Don’t get jealous; I’m going to another class. You’ll find out later but it isn’t the good time you’re imagining.”

“So you’re not having a fun time with them,” Brock asks?

“I’m not saying I’m not, just not what you think nor am I explaining,” says Nick as he leaves for class.

“Then at least tell me who she is?”

“You mean Lexi Newbury,” Nick says. “She is in three of my classes. She has a suite on the 5th floor.”

=^_^=


Wednesday, our study group meets 2-4 p.m., and I’m due at work come five until closing. Lexis (Alexis) Newbury, Ciera Eagle, Jan Brown, and Kayla Jones, we have a good study session, but Ciera is upset that she’s out of the loop on something. Her gossiping during study assures me that she’s not a good risk to share our news.

I am scheduled by Lexi, Kayla, and Eryn to practice wearing my new outfit come Friday afternoon.

Work goes well, but I’m being pressured by Dorie to work another evening. She backs off only upon knowing from Ms. Jansen that I need to practice for the fashion show. Business from the shoe store is busier when I’m there, but sales are up even when I’m not. We have two other women buying shoes for the upcoming sports banquet.

Carrie doesn’t work Wednesdays, Lora another co-worker is there and amused that I’m the male shoe salesman who is attracting women customers. “I was going to come shopping last weekend. I was sure that Dorie hired another man, who might garner women’s attention and be part of the fashion show. No offense, but I don’t see you attracting the attention unless you were servicing them after business hours.”

I say, “Sorry to disappoint you, but I need my study time to keep up a ‘B or 3.0’ average.” I am studying a lot, but I am short of hours that I can explain.

Lexi has me doing a skincare regimen every other day. Dolan is the one who knows I’m up early the next morning to wash and make sure I’m not leaving evidence of what I’m doing. Fortunately, Dolan couldn’t care about anything that doesn’t affect him.

Rob and Jake are upset that I turn them down on an offer to go to the Twin Cities. “You could call in sick for work on Saturday, you’d be back in time for work on Sunday… Your flatmate, Brock says it has to do will your girlfriend Lexi and others,” That I call them just friends gets laughs from the guys, but it’s enough for them to leave me alone.

Coming back from class on Friday, I went to Lexi’s room to begin my transition. Jan Brown was there, but Candace had already left for the weekend. I practiced walking and gestures in the common area of the suite; when two girls down the hall knock and came in. I scattered to Lexi’s room before they got a complete look.

Lexi wasn’t lying when she said I was shy and not fully ready to be seen. Seemingly, Joanne had seen rollers in my hair, though she didn’t see it as anything to be upset about among other women. Jan entertained Joanne and Sheila as Lexi assisted me to make my transition complete. I was soon into a different dress and put on stockings as Lexi did the detailed work of my makeup. She handed me the strapped ankle boots that Dorie had given me. I talked in a whisper with Lexi to get my voice back to Nicole’s voice.

The plan was to say a quick hello and for me to leave for Kayla’s with Lexi. Hopefully, Jan would soon follow. We stepped out to the living area and Joanne pulls out her tablet from her purse asking for Lexi’s help to troubleshoot a problem. Instead of Lexi being rude, she asked me to sit and visit as she took care of the problem. Joanne does have one class in common with me and I’m uncomfortable. Lexi asked for Jo’s attention as she showed her the solution. Sheila liked my outfit as well as my shoes and we were drawn into a conversation. I know the shoes are from my store Hers and His Shoes, and I believe I’m correct in saying the dress is from Forever 21.

Once Lexi is done I make the mistake of saying, “Please excuse us, but we need to leave so I can get in some practice.”

Joanne jumps on my statement, “You don’t appear to be dressed as anyone going to practice. If I may ask what are you practicing for?” Needless to say, I was at a loss for anything to say.

Simultaneously, Lexi says, “Modeling,” and Jan answers, “Fashion show.”

Joanne says, “You’re cute but not regular model material. It must be for the Mall’s upcoming fashion show. Lexi, why didn’t you bring us in on this?”

“Some upperclassmen coaxed her into it and since another girl and I are classmates we were drafted into helping her. It’s fun but takes our spare hours we steal here and there. Sorry, but we’re already late.”

I got up ready to leave, but Lexi needed to remind me to pick up my purse. Which caused another distraction as I needed to pause to choose the correct purse. Going out the door and walking to the elevator I turned around to see who was following us walking in heels. Lexi jokes, “You need to get more practice hearing yourself in heels.”

When we were alone in going down the elevator; Lexi commented, “Don’t do that in pulling down the hem of your skirt? If you feel compelled to check it, just brush your hand down like you’re smoothing it out.”

I wasn’t mindful of doing it until she said it. On the ride over to Kayla’s apartment, Lexi notices that I am getting more nervous. “Nicole, you are doing fantastic and I enjoy helping you. Please know you have my full support. But you also need to realize what we’re doing is going to be figured out by someone. Instead of being totally embarrassed, Kayla and I both agree that you should be seeing this as a college experience.” Lexi paused, “Have you ever in your wildest imagination ever wanted to be a girl or do something like this?”

I hesitated and thought of my older sister, Rachel, and my mom. I was ten when I first saw my oldest sister in a pretty dress, going with my mother to a mother-daughter social. Since then I have watched my sisters now and then. I thought Rachel and her clothes we amazing. There was once when I was fifteen and stepped into a pretty pair of her heels and held her dress in front of me as I twirled in front of a mirror. But no, I had never given serious thought to crossdressing or wanting to be a girl.

We stopped at a traffic light and Lexi paused, “You did once or twice but didn’t take it seriously. I didn’t think it was something you’ve done but having a mom and attractive sisters and girlfriends you’ve taken notice. That’s the sensitivity we’ve referred to. It makes you attractive to some of us women, which will only increase that sensitivity. Please, don’t get blown away when it comes to light.”

To be continued…

up
196 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A problem will arise, though

Jamie Lee's picture

Trying to hide Nikki at times and not during other times is a bit confusing. Nick walked into his place of employment as Nikki without so much as a by your leave.

But in Lexi's room and one of the other girls on the floor walks in, he panics and runs into the next room.

Now their on their way to Kayla's and it's Nikki who's going.

One thing no one has considered is what happens when the guys Nick knows learn about what he's doing? How's Brock going to react? Or the other two Nick knows? Or what happens when the school admin learn what he's doing? Or others in his classes?

There are going to be some who won't like what he's doing and may get violent in making their feelings known. Sure hope the girls are true to their word about standing behind him if things start circling the drain.

Others have feelings too.