Trenner’s Garage Chap. 13

Printer-friendly version

Rebecca’s Place:
Kat, Paul, Lev, August, and Rebecca were in her kitchen having coffee and enjoying some donuts and muffins August had made. Kat and Pual were wondering why Rebecca wanted to talk with them.

“Okay, give Becca. What’s on your mind?” Kat looks at her half-sister.

“I think you and Paul should open a second office here in Walker. Brittney, Crystal, and Valentina have already made an impression with Sheriff Gibson with the work they have done so far.” Rebecca received a phone call from her father’s old friend Sheriff Gibson, just two days ago.

He wanted to know if the three women were working for her. She had confirmed that Brittney was her niece and that the three women were licensed Bounty Hunters from Knoxville, Tennessee.

“Oh? What has my daughter and her team been up to?” Kat wanted to hear what her employees have been doing under her license.

“Well, they went after one guy who was skipping out on his bail. Then they stopped a group of guys posting posting pictures of naked girls on the web. One of those girls happened to be the sister of one of Sheriff Gibson’s deputies. Plus, whenever your family is in trouble, you coming running to me for help. So, it only makes sense to open an office here.” Rebecca walks over and sits down next to Lev.

“It makes sense Aunt Kat. Having K&P services here would increase your business and allow you to expand. I bet most of the criminals in Tennessee already know that you and Paul are the top Bounty Hunter for most of the bail companies up there. Look at Dog The Bounty Hunter, he has offices in three different states.” August has seen some of Dog The Bounty Hunter shows.

Paul just smirks, the type of cases Kat and him take would scare Dog The Bounty Hunter. He looks at Kat to see what she thought. They had been grooming Brittney to take over the business when they decided to retire. Crystal was good as well and Valentina was still learning the trade, but she did have investigation skills under her belt, including operating as an undercover agent.

Kat looks at Paul to see what he thought. She could see that he was watching her eyes “we have been grooming her to take over for us.”

“True, but I think she needs a little more experience before, we let her operate on her own.” Paul felt it might be best for someone they knew to teach Brittney and help her develop more experience.

“Who do you have in mind?” Paul only knew a handful of people they would trust to work under their name.

“Barbara Halliwell. You remember her, don’t you?” Kat watches her husband’s face.

“Who’s Barbara Halliwell?” August was curious.

“She teaches Bounty Hunting, Private Investigation, and a few other courses in Knoxville. She also took me under her wing when I first started doing Bounty Hunting. She would be the perfect teacher for Brittney and the other girls.” Kat would have to keep a close eye on her daughter and soon-to-be daughter-in-law.

“So, does that mean you’re going to open a second office?” August was keeping fingers cross.

“We’ll talk about it and let you know, August.” Kat wanted to know what she needed to do to establish the company here.

She needed to know if her license would carry over here or will she need to apply for a license. Also, will all her people have to be relicensed as well?

“It seems you have a lot to do.” Rebecca could see that Kat was thinking about something.

“Yes, I do and thanks for the heads up on my girl's activities.” Kat has been wondering what Brittney, Crystal, and Valentina have been up to.

After the morning pow-wow with Rebecca. Kat goes to find her oldest daughter. She locates her at the airfield gym working out with Crystal and some drill sergeant that was putting the two through their paces. Kat just watches as Brittney and Crystal workout.

“Alright ladies, that’s it for today. Remember, tomorrow rain or shine we’ll be going on a ten-mile run with a full backpack and gear.”

“You got to be kidding me, Sergeant Adams.” Brittney looked like she ate something nasty.

“Keep complaining and I’ll increase it to fifteen miles.” An evil smile appears on his face.

“No, ten is fine.” Crystal felt the same as Brittney.

“Alright class, class is dismissed.”

Brittney and Crystal walk over and pick their towels up and wipe down. Brittney spots her mother watching her and Crystal “mom, what brings you to the gym?” Brittney walks over to Kat.

“Looking for you and Crystal. I’ve heard what you, her, and Valentina have been up to lately. I thought I told you to remain here at the airfield and stay out of trouble?” Kat gives her oldest the look she uses to use when Brittney was younger.

“Mom, we figure it was alright and we did a favor for one of the bail companies in town. The person was so smug that no one would come after him, that he was at his favorite bar drinking.”

“Kat it was Valentina who took him down. We were there for back-up and I have to say she didn’t need any. She pretended to be the guy's wife, while he was hitting on another woman and she suckered him.” Crystal had to admit that Valentina did a good job.

“What is this I heard about you arresting a teenage boy?” Kat wanted to know more about that one.

“The guy was blackmailing young girls he took nude pictures of to be his sex slaves. He even blackmailed his sister to make her have sex with his friends. We just happened to be there at the time and took matters into our own hands. Where he messed up, he releases nude pictures of a deputy sheriff’s cousin and sister. We put him in touch with Morgana and her crew to wipe those pictures from the internet.”

Kat just listened to Crystal and watched her oldest as well. She knew the girls did the right thing and now they have the respect of the local sheriff's department.

“Rebecca thinks we should open a second office out here. What do you girls think?” Kat wanted their opinion on this.

“I think it would be a smart thing we could do mom. There aren’t many bounty hunters out here and we have already established a reputation in Tennessee. So, jobs might start becoming a little less, now.”

“Or more.” Crystal thinks the business will increase some.

“Or more.” Brittney stood next to Crystal.

Kat looks at the two of them thinking about what they said. She noticed that both of them were wearing engagement rings.

“What about you two? Are you two still set on getting married, now that Paul and I are back?”

“We would like to, mom.” Brittney holds Crystal's hand.

“I’ll tell you what. If your father and I decide to establish a second office. I want you two to wait a year until it has established itself here. I’ll also let you, Crystal, and Valentina work out of this office as well.”

“I know Valentina will like that. She has found someone and we think it's serious between them.” Crystal has seen how Valentina looks at Piper.

“Oh?” Kat looked surprised.

“Yes. She and Piper have it bad for each other.” Brittney could tell, just from looking at her.

“Well, this gives me more to think about. Go and clean up you two.”

“Yes ma’am.” Brittney walks by her mother and places a kiss on her cheek.

Kat watches as Brittney and Crystal leave. She starts heading back towards the building she and her family were staying in. As she is walking, her cellphone rings. Kat looks at the number and notices it was August’s number. She presses accept “what’s wrong August?”

“We have a situation and I think you better head towards building seven.” August looks at all the members of the Golden Eagle squad and couldn’t believe what she was seeing. She has already contacted Gina and she was flying in tomorrow.

“Alright, on my way.” Kat ends the call.

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This super natural stuff

Samantha Heart's picture

Will get out of hand in a hurry. Now is the time to figure things out AND Fast!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Why

Do the Trenner's have anything to do with K&P? They are two distinctly separate businesses. Sure, they have supplied services to each other, although Trenner's has spent more billable hours than K&P. And it was all about helping K&P in the first place. You may remember how much it cost the ghost hunters for a round trip to the UK in the C-130; how much do you think it would cost for a C-17 roundtrip to India?

So why is August involved in cleaning up Eagle Squadron's messes? That's K&P's and Gina Bounty's responsibility. August and Rebecca are responsible for Trenner's and Lex's trucking company. Gina's mercs are messed up with a group of weres? Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Frankly, the more weres I see in these stories, the more I come to understand the HSL. The weres are a couple thousand loose cannons rolling around.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin