The Hero, The Mouse & The Cheshire Pt. 26

Printer-friendly version

“It’s not your time, yet Cheshire. Go back to your family and look after them.” A glowing Cat woman stood before Cheshire.

Cheshire looks at the glowing cat woman standing before her in silk robes. She had been moving towards the light and then all of sudden she stopped before the golden cat woman. She had appeared out of nowhere.

Cheshire could feel the power coming off her and the warmth as well. She had heard stories about Cat deities when she traveled to Africa, Thailand, and Egypt.

“Who are you?”

“Let’s just say, someone who has taken an interest in you and your family. Now go back to your body and your children.” The Cat goddess waves her hand towards Cheshire.

Cheshire feels herself thrown backward, as she falls back to Earth towards her body. As her soul hits her body, she gasps for air and sits up. Her eyes spring open looking directly at Tizzy.

“MOM!” Tizzy throws her arms around Cheshire.

Lady April and Lady Joyce jumped back as Cheshire sits up off the operating table she was laying on. Both had felt the touch of a powerful entity as it touched Cheshire. Their healing ability had done all it could to keep Cheshire from dying, but they had lost her. They were about to call Leto’s name to bring Cheshire back when suddenly she sits up.

It takes Cheshire a few minutes to realize where she was. She feels Tizzy hugging her tightly. She puts her arms around her baby and holds her tightly. She knew how important Tizzy and the rest of her girls were to her. She also felt a little different, than before. It was like she had extra energy and all the pains she uses to feel and experience were gone. She felt like she did when she was in her twenties.

“I’m alright, baby.” She strokes Tizzy’s short hair as she held her oldest against her body.

Tizzy had her face buried against her mother’s chest. She leans back and looks at her mother. She notices, she looked different. She looked younger than she did before “mom, what happened to you?”

“What do you mean, sweetie?” Cheshire was curious.

“I mean, you look like you did when you first found me.” Tizzy couldn’t believe how young her mother looked.

Cheshire looks over towards Lady Joyce and Lady April “is this true?”

“Yes, Mrs. Patel, but it's nothing we did. All we did was close your wound and heal the damage done to you. Only someone with a power greater than ours could do what was done to you.” Lady April notices that Cheshire’s eyes were more cat-like than they were before.

Cheshire looks at Lady April and could tell she was telling the truth. She could still remember the woman that had stopped her from moving onwards.

“Then it wasn’t a dream.” Cheshire was puzzled.

“What did you see, Mrs. Patel?” Lady Joyce was curious.

“I saw a woman with the head of a Lioness standing in my way, saying it wasn’t my time yet and that my family needed me.” Cheshire could still feel the warmth and power she gave off.

“What was her style of dress?” Lady Joyce was curious now.

“Egyptian,” Cheshire recalled the image she saw.

“Okay, that would have been the goddess Sekhmet.” Lady Joyce was impressed that Sekhmet had intervened on Cheshire’s behalf.

“Why would an old Egyptian goddess take an interest in my mother and our family?” Tizzy was still getting used to the strangeness.

“I couldn’t tell you, Mrs. Patel, but it seems your mother and family are now under their watchful eyes.” Lady Joyce and Lady April try to understand why the Patel family is so special.

“Well, I would like to know.” Tizzy looks at her mother couldn’t believe how young she looked.

Her sisters, husband, and daughter are going to be amazed at how her mother changed. Explaining it to them will be another story. She wonders what her uncle Jack would think about his old partner and what is going on with the family now. Not to mention explaining everything to her mother’s extended family.

“How do you feel, Mrs. Patel?” Lady April was curious.

“Please, call me Cheshire. As for how I feel, I feel amazing. I haven’t felt like this in years.”

“Well, we do have some news for you. While you were having your meeting with the Hunter organization. Their sister organization went after a relative of yours.”

“Who did they go after? And what sister organization?” Tizzy and Cheshire were curious.

“A person by the name of Christine Midnight and her mate. As for the sister organization, it's known as the HSL or Human Supremacy League.
They work in conjunction with the Hunter organization.”

“There’s another organization that goes after the supernatural. Also, is Christine and her boyfriend safe?” Tizzy was concerned about Christine.

“She’s safe. One of our members lives in Hollywood and she and her mate are staying with her.” Cain had come walking into the medical center to check on Cheshire.

“Why go after Christine and her boyfriend? That doesn’t make any sense.” Tizzy was puzzled.

“Yes, it does, sweetie. They could use Christine as leverage against me.” Cheshire has done similar things in the past.

“Yeah, but that’s kind of stupid because Nora would get involved. You know what Nora would do.”

“The same thing I would do. Nora considers Christine to be her daughter.” Tizzy knew what Nora would do.

“Who is this Nora Midnight person?” Cain was curious.

“She’s another one of my agents and a former DSS officer. She’s retired from the DSS and teaches high school students now.”

“She’s a high school teacher and she’s one of your agents? That’s two different types of skill set.” Cain wonders how someone who is a former DSS agent becomes a high school teacher.

“Not really, if you think about it.” A smile appears on Tizzy’s face.

Cain looked confused at Tizzy’s comment. He looks towards Cheshire and couldn’t believe how young she looked now.

“This is going to take some getting use to.”

“I agree.” Tizzy couldn’t believe how her mother looked.

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cheshire it seams

Samantha Heart's picture

Is VERY special indeed. I wouldn't be suprised if the Old Wolf (Jack Bounty) has a same type of of Deity looking after him & his family. Going after a Midnight is like a formal declaration of war which has already been declared AGINST the hunters & now the HSL. Jack better get his WWIIII supplies out as he is going to need them I think.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

If Jack gets a recharge too

If Jack gets a recharge too the hunter organization is toast.

Giggle.

WillowD's picture

This is a really great chapter.