The Hero, The Mouse & The Cheshire Pt. 18

Printer-friendly version

“So, what brings you ladies to my home?” Cheshire looks at Leslie, Casey, and her niece Charlotte.

She takes a sip of her tea, that Krisha had made for her. The other girls were changing and would join them, afterward. Lien was still the only one in her leotard.

Tizzy was sitting nearby out in the sunroom with them, with her daughter Lien sitting on her lap. She had her arms wrapped around Lien’s body as she leaned against her chest. She loved being a mother so far and wonder what Lien was going to go up and be liked. She does know, that she doesn’t want Lien to become an operative or a cop either.

Lien was enjoying being held by Tizzy and sitting on her lap. She wonders who the other women were. She learned that the Polynesian looking woman was her grandmother’s niece.

“Besides seeing you, Aunt Cheshire?” Charlotte had a smile on her face.

“I’m hoping you can help me and tell me what this writing is on the side of my neck.” Leslie moves her hair aside to let Cheshire see it.

Cheshire leans forward to look at the writing. In was in ancient Chinese “that is a protection charm. The writing is old. Where and why did you get that done to your neck?” Cheshire leans back in her chair.

“She didn’t auntie. It has something to do with that necklace around her neck.” Charlotte was sitting on the right-hand side of Cheshire.

“Oh?” Cheshire looks closer at Leslie and notices the dragon necklace with the jade centerpiece.

“Yeah, Oh!” Leslie noticed Cheshire’s reaction.

Tizzy and Lien were curious about the necklace. Lien leans forward to look at the necklace as well. She was curious about the thing.

Cheshire looks up at Leslie “where did you get that?” There was a serious tone to her question.

“I found it at the house me, my wife and your niece went too.” Leslie figures that she shouldn’t lie to this woman. Something about her scared
her.

Cheshire looks at her niece “he had that necklace?”

“Yes, ma’am.” Charlotte knew better than to lie to her aunt.

“Mom, what is so special about that necklace?” Tizzy was curious and she knew her daughter was too.

“It’s a historical artifact that dates back to when China was just a bunch of hereditary monarchies and dynasties. It used to belong to the most
celebrated magician of that time. Toy Xiao-xing was one of the most prominent magicians of that age.” Cheshire stands up and walks over to one of her bookcases.

Lien slides off her mother’s lap and walks over to her grandmother “what are you looking for, grandma?”

“An ancient light brown bound book, sweetie.” Cheshire didn’t see it in the sunroom bookcase.

She walks back over to her seat and sits down. She figures it must be in the bookcase in her bedroom or her office. She knew she had the book because it was still written in Chinese.

“So, is this why I can’t take it off and why this protection tattoo showed up on my, Mrs. Patel?” Leslie just wanted to know why it was doing things she has never seen done before.

“That I can’t answer. However, I do know someone who might be able to help you. You’ll find him in China town on the mainland. If you want, I can give you his address.” Cheshire figures Sunzi Zedong might be able to help Leslie. He knows more about ancient Chinese cultures than
anyone she knew.

Leslie looks at her wife. Technically they were still on their honeymoon and they had a new yacht they could take to go there. She would love to know more about the necklace and Toy Xiao-xing.

“Yes, we can go.” Casey knew what Leslie’s unspoken question was.

Lien had crawled back onto Tizzy’s lap. She wonders what was so special about the woman’s necklace and who they were.

“Is the other matter I sent you to handle done, Charlotte.”

“If you mean that Hunter, Mrs. Patel, and his residents. It’s been taken care of. I do have one question. Why are they after my family?” Casey
was curious.

“Well, to be honest with you. It’s not your Uncle that started it. It was your cousin, Gina. She was investigating why one of her employees of a security firm was an attack.” Cheshire got the information from Jack and an agent of hers in New York.

Krisha, Omphile, and Catlin come walking into the sunroom. Krisha didn’t know any of the women sitting with her mother.

“Girls, I would like for you to meet your cousin Charlotte and Jack’s niece, Casey, and her wife Leslie. Charlotte, Leslie, and Casey, I would like
to introduce my other daughter Krisha, my apprentice Catlin and my newest adopted daughter Omphile. You have already met my granddaughter Lien and my oldest daughter Tizzy.”

“It’s nice to meet you, ladies.” Casey had a smile on her face. She noticed that Catlin stood close to Krisha.

Omphile had a curious look on her face. Krisha and Catlin stood close to each other. They also were curious about Leslie and Casey. They had never met a married lesbian couple before.

“Mom why don’t our guests stay for dinner. It would be nice to know more about our cousin and Jack’s niece.” Tizzy spotted Simba outside the sunroom glass wall.

“I think that is a good suggestion.” Cheshire figures it would be nice for Leslie, Casey, and Charlotte to learn more about their cousins.

One of the snow leopards comes running into the sunroom. Krisha noticed it was Kit. She snaps her fingers. Kit runs over to her.

“Mom said you had cats, but she said you dealt mostly with large cats.” Casey had heard stories about Cheshire from her mom.

“Oh, we do. Let me introduce Simba to you ladies.” Tizzy gets up after lifting Lien off her lap and walk over to the sliding glass door to let Simba in.

Leslie’s eyes get big when a big tiger-cat comes walking in. She couldn’t believe Cheshire had big cats roaming around on her property. She squeezes Casey’s hand.

Casey just smears, because she had a special breed of dogs she raised along with her uncle.

“That’s a big cat.” Casey couldn’t believe how big Simba was.

“But he’s a good kitty.” Lien walks over and gives Simba a big hug.

“This is my mommies kitty cat, Simba. Grandma’s cat Shur-Khan is out in the jungle.” Lien has grown fawn of Simba.

Casey and Leslie watch as Tizzy’s daughter hugs the big cat. Now Casey understood why people feared Cheshire. Who would be nuts to attack a woman who has two grown cats?

“Come on Krisha and Catlin, let’s get dinner going.” Tizzy had a smirk on her face as she heads towards the kitchen.

Krisha and Catlin follow behind Tizzy towards the kitchen. Omphile watches as the three women head towards the kitchen.

“Omphile, why don’t you come over and sit down. I think you and Charlotte should get to know one another.”

up
154 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I hope

Samantha Heart's picture

The girls learn aboutveach other & the neckless as well.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Warning!

Wendy Jean's picture

Trespassers will be killed and eaten.