No Child Should Be Mistreated Chp. 6

Printer-friendly version

“You thieving, stealing little slut. How dare you steal money from my son.” Clare grabs Chris by her hair and pulls her down to the floor hard.

Chris tries to pry her stepmother’s hand off her hair, as she is slammed down to the floor. She was hoping to enter the house, without being noticed. She braces herself as she hits the floor.

Clare kicks Chris a few times in her stomach while she is down on the floor. She looks down at her “go and get everything in your closet. You’re going to be sleeping in your father’s old workshop from now on. As for the money you took from your brother. I know how you are going to make it up to him. Now get up you little tramp.”

Chris gets up off the floor hurting from being kicked and slammed down on the floor. She moves slowly to her closet and gathers everything up. She makes sure she hides the food she has been buying.

Once she has everything, she goes out the back door and towards her father’s old workshop. No one has been in her father’s workshop, since he died. She heads back towards a back room, where her father used to store lumber and other items he bought.

Clare follows Chris into her husbands’ old workshop. She hated the place and use to hate to come out to it.

“You’ll be living in here from now on.”

“But it doesn’t have any heat or A/C.” Chris looks over at Clare.

“Well, you should have thought about that, before you stole from your brother.” She was lucky her father put a toilet in his workshop.

“Oh, by the way. You will be working off what you took from your brother.” An evil smirk appears on Clare’s face as she leaves the workshop.

Chris wonders how her stepbrother knew she was stealing from him. She goes about rearranging the storage area her father used. She could build a bed frame inside of it and maybe get a mattress as well.

It takes her half the night to get the place into livable conditions. She spots the space heater her father use to use. It would come in handy during the winter months. She could buy a fan or something to cool the place. She gets undress, after locking the door to her father’s
workshop. That was going to be the first thing she changes tomorrow when she comes home from school.

Chris lays down on her makeshift bed and slowly fall asleep. At least she had a decent dinner at her friend’s place. She hopes the manager up at the Circle K calls her.

Nora’s House:
Nora pulls into the driveway of her home. She made sure she wasn’t followed. It still puzzled her on who it was that tried to run her down. She picks up her school totes and head inside the house.

She saw that instead of cooking, Kelly had ordered pizza and subs. She knew the girls could eat two whole pizzas themselves. She spots the girls in the living room watching a movie and enjoying the pizza.

“You three look like you’re enjoying yourself.”

“We are mom. Are you going to join us?” Carol watches Nora.

“Where’s Kelly at, Carol?”

“She’s in your guy's bedroom. She looked like she was upset when she came home.” Carol noticed Kelly looked a little upset when she came in.

“I’ll go and see what’s bothering her.” Nora heads towards her and Kelly’s bedroom.

As she walks in, she notices Kelly was sitting on their bed. She walks over and sits down next to her.

“Do you want to tell me what is bothering you?”

Kelly looks at Nora when she spoke to her “someone tried to cause me to have an accident today on the way home.”

“Did they happen to be driving a dark muscle car with blacked-out windows?” Nora wonders if it was the same person that tried the same thing with her.

Kelly looks at Nora “yes. How did you know?”

“Because a car similar to the one that came after you, also came after me as well.”

“Could you tell me what the car was?” Kelly was curious as, why anyone would go after Nora.

“I think it was a Chevy Nova or Impala. It had the body style of them. Is there anything that the law firm you work for, is involved in?”

“We just took on a client that the police railroaded and broke all sorts of laws to apprehend.” Kelly knew Nora sometimes worked outside of the law and took matters into her own hands. But what these cops did, weren’t justified.

“Hhhmm, I wonder if someone is trying to stop your law firm and is coming after everyone involved.” Nora knew sometimes strong arms tactics would be used to make people back off.

“But I’m just a paralegal. I’m not the lawyer handling the case.” Kelly wonders why someone would come after her.

“And I’m married to you.”

“So, coming after you was a warning.”

“Maybe. Who is the lawyer handling the case?”

“Ellen Helmer. She’s been given the case. She has a daughter named Amy that goes to a private girl school.” Kelly has met Amy and thought very nicely of her.

“Are you helping her with the case?”

“Actually, yes. I have been doing some research into the statements and notes the detectives used to get search warrants and such.”

“Are they on the up and up?”

“Not really. There are statements wrong with what was given and what was said at the trail.” Kelly had found a lot of things wrong.

“That might explain why someone came after us today. You might want to call your boss and see if she had any problems.”

“I’ll do that.”

“Good, I’m going to change out of my work clothes and hope our girls left us something to eat.” Nora stands up and starts undressing.

Kelly stands up as well and start changing out of her work clothes as well. She hands Nora her favorite slumming clothes to wear. She also grabs her favorite clothes as well.

Once they are changed, they head into the dining room to see what was left of the pizzas.

up
161 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I quite like this story.

WillowD's picture

I look forward to when Nora figures out that Chris needs help.

hopefully she figures it out

hopefully she figures it out soon because it sounds like her step monster is planning on pimping her out.

1 child abuse case & 1 other case

Samantha Heart's picture

But the abuse is not being handled yet as for the other.... maybe the step brother is involved somehow.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

A mystery and an abuse

Jamie Lee's picture

If Clare continues physically abusing Chris, as she did in this chapter, the results will get harder and harder to conceal. Slamming Chris to the floor is going to cause skin reactions which may show later. And people will start asking questions.

The person in that car who tried for Kelly then Nora best hope Nora doesn't learn of their identity. They may not like how Nora asks questions.

Others have feelings too.