No Child Should Be Mistreated Chp. 17

Printer-friendly version

Nora and Detective Hopkins were walking out of Tik Tok’s place when her cellphone starts playing the ring tone assigned to Kelly. Nora pulls the cellphone out of her pouch and answers it.

“What’s wrong, Kelly?”

“Melody and Carol were almost kidnapped this morning.” Kelly was down at the police station with the girls.

“Are the girls alright?” Nora was worried about her girls.

“They are fine. They did you proud and you should see what they did to the kidnappers.” Kelly saw the two men that tried to kidnap her girls.

They were all beaten up and red face from Carol using the pepper spray. She used the whole bottle on the kidnappers.

“What did the kidnappers look like?” Nora wonders if it were the same ones that shoot her.

“Asian and dressed in black leather and were traveling in a van. Officer Hayden down here at the Fifteenth Precinct is handling the case.” Kelly was watching Officer Hayden as he talked with the girls.

“Alright, tell the girls I’ll be home soon and that I love them and you.” Nora was pissed that the assassins went after her girls.

“I will. You be careful and I love you too.” Kelly ends the call.

Detective Hopkins saw how pissed Nora got from talking with her wife. He waits until she is done talking before asking what was wrong.

“What’s wrong, Nora?”

“The assassins that went after me, tried to kidnapped my girls.” Nora was ready to kill someone.

“Are your girls okay?” Detective Hopkins could see that Nora was upset.

“Yes, they beat the assassins up. Still, you don’t go after another person’s family.”

“Not everyone follows your code, Nora.”

“I know, but a message needs to be sent to Jordan Kling. I want the fear of god to be put into him.” Nora knew she could call Cheshire or Jack, but she had someone else in mind.

“Well, you aren’t in any shape to deliver that type of message, Nora.” Detective Hopkins knew Nora wasn’t in any shape to be her normal vicious self.

“No, but I know who can.” Nora pulls her cellphone out again and sends a text message to Sasha.

“Nora, you know you can’t take the law into your hands.” Detective Hopkins spots Alex parked down the street from Tik Tok’s place.

Nora just looks at her friend “I won’t allow him to threaten my family. Me, yes. I accept that fact. However, you go after my family, that is declaring war with me. I won’t allow anyone to do that.”

“I understand that. Who did you just text?”

“It’s better that you don’t know.” Nora didn’t think Sasha wanted it to be known about what she does.

“I hope this person isn’t this Cheshire person that you mention.” Detective Hopkins had a feeling he didn’t want to meet this person.

“Detective, if I called Cheshire or even her partner, you wouldn’t know it. They are people that don’t leave evidence that they were ever in town.” Nora knew Jack and Cheshire would come in and do what is necessary and leave.

“How do you know people like that?” Detective Hopkins knew Nora was a former DSS agent, how does she know the underworld so well.

“Because one of them trained me. I was more than your standard DSS agent.” Nora has never told her friend about what she did.

“Oh! That answers a lot of my unspoken, questions.”

“Wait here, I see someone I know.” Detective Hopkins walks down the street towards Alex’s vehicle.

Alex has been quietly watching the vehicle that Detective Hopkins and his friend came in. She didn’t know who the other person was, but she looked dangerous. She glances at her dash clock to see what time it was and timed them.

Several people came and went while Detective Hopkins and his friend were inside. No one approached Detective Hopkins's car while they were gone. No one noticed her either. That was her major concern while waiting for Detective Hopkins to come out.

When Detective Hopkins came out of the building, they went in. Something didn’t seem right. The woman had her cellphone out and was talking to someone. She noticed her facial expression changed several times.

She noticed that Detective Hopkins had spotted her. She continued to watch him and his friend. After a few minutes, he started walking towards her location. When he got close to her vehicle, she rolls the window down.

“What can I do for you, Detective?”

“How did things go while we were inside?”

“No one approached your vehicle, Detective. I do have a question for you. Who’s the Spanish-looking lady dressed in the skintight jumpsuit?”
Alex was still watching the woman.

“A very dangerous friend of mine. She knows Tik Tok very well.”

“Well, if she is so dangerous. Why did you need me here?” Alex wanted an answer to that question.

“Because she’s been injured.”

Alex noticed she was watching them. She also was texting someone from the look of it.

“So, does this mean we are even?” Alex wanted to make sure.

“Let’s just say, you are close. Any job after this, I’ll pay you half your rate.”

“You don’t play fair, Detective.” Alex hated being in debt to Detective Hopkins.

“I know.” Detective Hopkins turns around and walks back to his vehicle.

up
154 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well good news is

Samantha Heart's picture

Nora will have a message sent the PROPER way. Also good to know the Detective has a former care theaf to watch his car.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Going after the girls was the wrong move

Jamie Lee's picture

Some people don't understand how important family is to some. So important that going after one family member the other members seek retribution.

The girls should have been left alone. They shouldn't have been on anyone's radar. Trying to get them in order to get Nora was a huge mistake. A mistake the is going to cost someone something.

Others have feelings too.