No Child Should Be Mistreated Chp. 19

Printer-friendly version

Nora’s House:
Keith pulls up in front of an old house in downtown Memphis. The house looks like it dated back to the early 1900's. The address his cousin Sasha had given him matched the address on the mail post. He looks at the house and couldn’t believe it was one of the historic houses on the street.

According to the information he had looked up, there were three more historic homes on this street. He gets out of his rental and walks up the beautifully decorated walkway towards the front door. The house itself looked nice. It was single story style design and had a lot of large windows and a two-car garage.

He walks up to the front door and rings the doorbell. He notices Nora had one of those Ring camera units mounted on the outside. As he waits for her to answer the door, he hopes the information he got from Jordan Kling helps her.

Tiffany was walking by the front door with a basket full of dirty laundry when she hears the doorbell ring. She puts the basket down and checks the monitor near the door. There was a tall well-built man with short dirty blonde hair. She didn’t recognize the person.

She slowly opens the front door “can I help you?”

“Hi, I’m here to speak with Mrs. Nora Midnight. Is she around?” Keith looks at the dark hair teenage girl who had opened the front door.

“Yes, my I ask who you are?” Tiffany didn’t know who this guy was.

“I’m Keith Wolfhart and I’m Sasha Wolfhart’s cousin. She asked me to do a favor for your mother.”

“Hold on, let me get my mother.” Tiffany closes the front door and heads towards her mother’s bedroom.

The door to her mother’s bedroom was closed, so Tiffany knocks on it.

“Enter!” Nora was getting dressed with Kelly’s help when she heard the knocking on their bedroom door.

Tiffany walks into her mother’s bedroom and notices Kelly helping Nora putting her bra on. Nora already a pair of faded blue jeans on “sorry for bothering you mom, but there’s a Keith Wolfhart at the front door that wants to talk with you.”

Nora and Kelly look at Tiffany as she entered. Kelly was helping her get dress since her shoulder was still injured.

“Did he say what he wanted to talk to me about, Tiffany?” Nora looks at Tiffany as she stood nearby.

“No ma’am, but he did say he was related to a Sasha Wolfhart. Does that mean anything to you?”

“Isn’t she the one that helped you stop who was going after Carol?” Kelly looks at Nora for an answer.

“Yes, she was. I called her to see if she could find Jordan Kling and make him talk.” Nora would have done it.

“Well, maybe this person has some info for you, sweetie.” Kelly wonders who the guy was as well.

“Go ahead and invite him in, Tiffany. Take him to my office and I’ll join you in a few minutes.”

“Okay, mom.” Tiffany turns around and leaves her mother’s bedroom.

She walks back to the front door and opens it. She looks at Mr. Wolfhart “if you’ll follow me, Mr. Wolfhart.”

“Please, just call me Keith.” Keith walks into the house.

“Okay, Keith.” Tiffany closes the front door behind him.

She leads Keith towards her mother’s home office. It wasn’t often that Tiffany went into her mother’s office.

“If you’ll wait in here, Mr. Wolfhart.” Tiffany steps aside to let Keith into the office.

Keith walks into the office and notices that it was a home office. There were pictures mounted up on the wall of some Spanish looking woman, mingling with foreign people. There were pictures of kids as well, plus certificates and awards. He walks over and sits down in a nice leather chair.

Keith was impressed by the awards and other pictures he saw in the office. There were several bookcases in the room filled with all sorts of books. On one shelf was nothing but law books and such on it.

After a few minutes, a Hispanic-looking woman dressed in a pair of faded blue jeans, a light blue blouse, and wearing a pair of the new slip-on sneakers come walking into the office. Her dark black hair came down to her shoulder.

Nora spots a well-built gentleman with dirty blonde hair, dark tanned skin, and dressed semi-casual sitting in the chair in front of her desk. She walks up to him and holds her good hand out “hi, I’m Nora Midnight. My daughter told me you were related to Sasha Wolfhart?”

Keith shakes Nora’s hand “Keith Wolfhart and she’s my cousin on her father’s side.”

Keith notices Nora had a nice grip for a lady. She also had a nice figure as well. He could tell she was a little older than he was.

“So, Mr. Wolfhart. What brings you to my house this morning?” Nora walks around the desk and sits down in her chair across from him.

“Well, to tell you my cousin is sorry she couldn’t personally handle what you called her about. She was busy with a performance in Los Vegas
and couldn’t leave. So, she called me since I was working nearby.”

“Do you do the same type of work as Sasha?” Nora was curious.

“Let’s just say, it’s a family business type of thing. Normally, I’m out at sea on my scallop boat.”

“So, you’re the captain of a scallop boat?”

“Not only the captain but the owner as well. I did this job as a favor to her.”

“Thank you for doing this for me. What did you find out?” Nora was curious about the information he learned.

“Well, for one thing. Mr. Kling doesn’t like you at all. He also said that you were sticking your nose into a family matter.”

“So, he sent assassins to try to kill me?”

“Yes. He also worked for the cops that are trying to stop you on whatever case your wife is working on.”

“Does he know the people involved?”

“He gave me one name. Also, you might want to remove Chris from her stepmother’s care.”

“Why’s that?” Nora wonders what danger Chris was going to be in.

“Because her stepmother has offered her up to one of the members of the motorcycle gang to become his wife.”

“WHAT? She’s underage and it's illegal.”

“Not if they cross the state line. Mississippi will allow her to get married at a young age with parent’s consent.”

“Why would Chris’s stepmother do something like that?” Nora wanted to know why Chris’s stepmother would do that to Chris.

“Because one she doesn’t like her stepdaughter. Secondly, then she can claim Chris is dead and have access to the inheritance left for Chris.” Keith couldn’t believe the scheme Chris’s stepmother and boyfriend came up with.

“Let me guess, once she gets the money, they would kill Chris off?”

“Or pimp her out to make money for the motorcycle club. Either way, she’s in danger.”

“She’s safe right now. She’s with my friend Detective Hardcastle.” Nora was glad she asked Hardcastle to look after her.

Keith watches Nora and could see she was concerned about her student.

“And you have all this?” Nora looks at Keith with a questionable look on her face.

“Oh, I have all this.” Keith reaches into his pants pocket and pulls out a thumb drive. He slides it across the desk to Nora.

Nora catches the black and red thumb drive. She could tell it was one you could buy anywhere.

“What did you do with Mr. Kling?”

“He’s been turned over to a friend of mine in the US Marshal service. It seems he had a bunch of outstanding Federal warrants. So, he’s going to be serving time for a while.” Keith loved that Kling was going to go to jail for a while.

“I better call Hardcastle and tell him what is going on. Thank you for everything you did.”

“You’re welcome.” Keith stands up.

Nora stands up and esorts Keith to the front door.

up
149 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Stepmom and stepbrother

Well it looks like Chris's stepmom and stepbrother are not going to be long for this story. After what Nora learned I don't see Hardcastle and her letting things remain there for very long, and if they have promised Chris to a motorcycle gang as a bride, stepmom and stepbrother will wish for jail instead of having the gang after them.

Hardcastle is going to LOVE

Samantha Heart's picture

What Nora has to say & the info she got, but the lawyers & judge are going to want to know HOW she get the information & from whom & HOW & most likel produced as a witness.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.