My Super-powered Diary: Chapter 28

Printer-friendly version
Merida.png
My Super-powered Diary
Chapter 28
The Party

By
Amethyst


When Maddock Ainsley gets involved in a rescue operation with his unit things go horribly wrong and his life is forever changed. Can the newly minted Merida cope with being a girl and a teenage super hero?
I was about to offer a conditional and very uncertain response when Vanessa suddenly jumped in. “It’s a date, she’d love to!”

 


 
Author's Note: Happy Saturday everyone, here's chapter 29 of MSPD. I hope you all enjoy, and thank you for supporting my stories. ~Amethyst.
 


 
Chapter 28: The Party

By the time that we had met up with Garret and Michelle and arrived at the campus medical center Lindsey and Jordyn were both ready to go. Lindsey’s Mom had come by to visit earlier and had brought her a change of clothes, since those she had arrived in had been soaked with blood, so she was now wearing a light pink t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts. Jordyn didn’t have many clothes at all yet, only what she had in her duffel bag, since having four arms was a bit of an issue. She was wearing a somewhat frilly white and lavender sleeveless sundress that she looked more than a little uncomfortable in.

As soon as she saw Lindsey, Michelle ran to her, lifting her up in her arms to kiss her passionately. “I’m so glad that you’re okay Linds. Don’t you ever scare me like that again, I was worried sick when Hiro told me what happened.” Once she had finally let Lindsey out of her arms she turned to the rest of us. It was hard to tell with her scaly skin, but I thought that she might have been blushing. “Umm thanks, Hiro said that you all protected her and that Mei healed her somehow… I can’t… I… If you ever need anything, you just let me know.” It looked like Lindsey hadn’t been kidding about their relationship, which meant that she hadn’t been kidding about anything else in that conversation as well. I could feel my cheeks flushing as my eyes darted toward Hiro standing beside me.

I nearly jumped out of my dress as Linsdey shrieked, “You all dressed like your Fairies!!! Oh Em Gee!! Is that a feydragon?!”

“Aye, this is Peaches, she’s kind o’ ma birthday presen’ from Mei, she jus’ ‘atched this mornin’,” I managed to say once my heart was out of my throat and beating in my chest once again. Fawn settled back onto my shoulder as the sleeping dragon in my arms stirred some, both of them having been disrupted by my sudden motion. Michelle had asked about Peaches on our way to the clinic and just like Hiro she had warned me that Lindsey was going to freak out when she saw her. “Would ya like tae ‘old ‘er fer a wee bi’? M’ arms are getting’ a l’il tired,” I admitted.

“Can I?! I’ve been wanting one of those ever since I found out that I was going to be learning magic!” The grin on the poor girl’s face made me think that her head might explode.

“Aye, I dinnae think it’ll dae any ‘arm. She’s jus’ settlin’ in fer a wee nap anyway I think. Mebbe we kin fin’ ya one o’ yuir own some day. Mei kin tell ya more aboot ‘er later. We ‘ave a few things we wan’ tae talk tae ya aboot durin’ the party.” I gingerly handed over Peaches while telling the small pink dragon, “Lindsey ‘ere is jus’ goin’ tae ‘old ya fer a wee bi’.”

The half-sleeping infant dragon didn’t seem to mind changing hands for a while and Lindsey was beaming as she held Peaches in her arms. “Do you really think that we can find me one too? I guess it wouldn’t be too much trouble if Shu can open dimensional portals like you said, we’d just need to know which dimension the feydragons live in.”

“Mebbe we kin manage sumthin’,” I said with a shrug as I looked toward Mei who was grinning. “Oi Trance,” I said, turning my attention to Lindsey’s cousin Jordyn and the duffel bag she was holding, Is tha’ all ya ‘ave fer clothes?”

Jordyn blushed a bit and nodded. I could see that she felt a little out of place being surrounded by Lindsey’s friends. “Yeah, we didn’t really have much time to get me much before my mom put me on the train and it’s a bit hard finding tops for four arms. I don’t really have much money for shopping though. With the tuition, I’ll barely have enough for the school uniform. I… uhh… wasn’t always a girl either.”

“Welcome to the club cuz,” Linsey said with a nervous laugh as she cooed over the pink dragon in her arms.

“Aye, welcome tae the pink side,” I agreed. “I was a guy ‘til a few week ago tae, an’ Hiro wen’ the other way I guess.”

Hiro nodded and offered, “I know it sounds a bit hard to believe, but you’ll get used to things in time. Soon it’ll all start to feel normal, and having powers doesn’t make it too bad.”

Jordyn was staring at Hiro and me. “You… both? Really? You don’t seem like…”

“Oh trus’ me, I ken wot yuir goin’ through, it’s no’ easy an’ I ‘ave other issues as well, bu’ let’s try tae pu’ all o tha’ out o’ our minds an’ take ya tae see the Taylors. We ‘ave time fer tha’ an’ a bite tae eat afore the party. We’ll find out wot they think yuir goin’ tae need fer clothes, at the minimum, an’ I’ll co’er the cost,” I told her as I checked my purse to make sure that my new check book was in there.

“What?! No I couldn’t possibly…” Jordyn began to sputter as her cheeks turned a bright red.

“Think o’ it as a birthday present fer yuir new self. Yuir Lindsey’s cousin, an’ ya seem tae be a good egg,” I told her seriously. “Wot’s the use o’ havin’ money if’n I cannae ‘elp out a friend in need, aye? Jus’ please dinnae le’ it ge’ aroun’ tha’ I did this. I’d rather no’ ge’ any more attention ‘round here than necessary once school starts.”

Lindsey reached out and placed a gentle hand on her cousin’s shoulder as she cradled Peaches in her other arm. “It’s okay Gor… Jordyn. Merida and her sisters are good people and if she wants to help, then I say let her. You’ll need to make friends here anyway, so why not start with the people in this room? Trust me, you’ll need friends and most of us are in Starfish Dorm like you so we know what you’ll be going through, or will once school starts since the only ones not new here are the members of my team.”

~”~”~

We managed to convince Jordyn and took her to the Taylors. She was a bit self-conscious about taking the money for the clothes, but nobody but us needed to know how she had gotten it. The Taylors made it clear that nobody would find out from them, and that Jordyn should just relax about it and appreciate that she had a friend willing to do something like that for her. It took over two hours, but they were able to get her outfitted with enough clothes to last a while with standard durability enchantments, trying to make it look like a normal girl’s wardrobe so she wouldn’t stand out any more than she already did. The clothes consisted of jeans and various tops, shorts, some skirts, a few dresses like the one she had been wearing earlier, leggings, socks, shoes, undergarments, a one piece bathing suit, a school uniform, and a few sets of exercise clothes. Then once the Taylors had worked their magic we all helped Jordyn to get it all to her dorm room.

After that we all ate lunch at the Grotto and tried to help Jordyn get used to the idea of how things worked at the school. That was when Lindsey blindsided me. I had just finished cutting up Peaches’ lunch for her and we had started eating while Fawn and I discussed toilet training the small dragon at some point once she was able to fly on her own. We had her in a special diaper at the moment, something that Meghan Taylor had whipped up for me and that her older sister had enchanted to be self-cleaning. She had made them in various sizes too, so I’d have properly fitting ones as Peaches grew.

So my attention wasn’t really all there when Lindsey smiled up at Michelle and kissed her with a thoughtful expression. “You know babe,” she said conversationally as their lips parted, “almost dying really makes you appreciate what, and who, you have in your life. What did we have planned for Friday again?”

“You should know, you’ve been planning it for weeks,” Michelle replied in a confused tone before seeming to catch something in her girlfriend’s expression. “We were going to borrow my Dad’s ATVs and make a day of it. Make a nice picnic lunch and go to that private little cove we found up past Coral Bay, maybe do some surfing, explore the cave there a bit, snuggle on the beach together with some nice music and warm blankets, and maybe take some camping gear to spend the night there under the stars. Did your parents give you permission for that yet? Mine kind of want us to have a chaperone there since we’re only fourteen. They’re not worried about our safety so much as…”

“Well maybe we should bring Hiro along, they know that nothing will happen with him there, he’s uber responsible,” she suggested, but then pursed her lips as if thinking of something else. “It wouldn’t really feel much like a date though with three of us… maybe if Hiro had a date too. I got it!” Her enthusiasm may not have been as fake as her ‘sudden realization’, but it didn’t matter much as she turned a predatory smile to me and Hiro. “You should bring Merida as a date, you two would make such a cute couple! And she even has a chaperone, Fawn was a college student before becoming a fairy right? So she could come along to make sure nothing too serious happens, what do you think babe?”

“My parents would go for that, as long as we had a responsible college student with us, and Fawn seems pretty responsible. It could be really fun with Hiro and Merida along too, since she’s going to be in the same grade as us it’d be nice to get to know her better,” Then Michelle seemed to have a real realization and her face fell. “She’s only turning thirteen tomorrow though so she won’t be able to legally operate an ATV on her own for at least a year.”

“Why do you need these ATV things?” Fawn suddenly asked. “If Merida and I are going then we could all just fly, she and Hiro can fly on their own and I have plenty of pixie dust for the two of you.” Et tu Fawn?

“I dinnae ken,” I began to say a bit awkwardly, “ Let’s no’ ge’ ahead o’ ourselves ‘ere Fawn. ‘iro prob’ly doesnae wan’ tae be pushed intae goin’ on some sort o double date wi’ me. ‘Sides, If we flew we’d ‘ave tae carry the surfboards an’ any other gear.”

Mei and Shu were grinning at me in stereo as the latter of the twins said, “I don’t think carrying stuff is going to be a problem once I give you your birthday present.” Really? Does everyone want to try to push Hiro and me together?

Hiro was smiling at me, and my heart suddenly felt like it was about to jump out of my chest and run as far away as possible. “I think it could be fun Merida, Linds and ‘Michelle are two of my best friends, and I like you and I’d really like to get to know you better. This could be a nice way to do that. It could be cool, so long as our parents both think its okay. So what do you say, is it a date?”

Get to know me better? Well, they’d learn a whole lot more about me once we revealed our true past to them during the party. Would they still be so eager to have this double date happen after that? I was about to offer a conditional and very uncertain response when Vanessa suddenly jumped in. “It’s a date, she’d love to!”

“Yep, I just know that you’re all going to have a great time,” Tasha put in.

I sighed and somehow managed to keep my facepalm internal. Why the hell was everyone trying to get the two of us together? Still, I sighed and added, “I… ummm... guess tha’ it’s a… uhhh… date then. So long as Mom is… ahh… okay wit’ it an’ all.” Then I thought to myself. “I should be okay, Blair would never go for something like that, would she? Wait, she’s as much as told me before that I’m an adult and can make my own decisions, and as Moms go she’s pretty cool about things in general. She also knows that Fawn may be a bit mischievous, but she’s also super responsible and won’t let things go too far. In fact she’ll probably be telling her exactly how far is too far. Knowing Blair, that’s likely somewhere around second base, or the second that I look like I’m uncomfortable. Oh my God I am so screwed!”

I was quiet and more than a little awkward as we ate the rest of our lunches. Once we were finished we all split up. My sisters, the Fairies and I all headed home while Jordyn went with Lindsey and the other members of 4-Ward to get a few things from their houses. Since it was a gorgeous day we planned to relax on the beach and maybe have the others give me, the twins, and Tasha our first surfing lesson if we had the time. Lindsey was hoping to find her old board and give Jordyn lessons as well.

~”~”~

By one thirty we were all ready to party. My sisters and I had all set up some umbrellas, beach chairs and a fold up table outside on our stretch of beach with our surfboards near at hand. I’d managed to find a nice wicker basket in the garage and had placed a pillow inside so that Peaches could nap and still be in my sight while we worked. While we were still wearing our Fairy clothes, we were wearing our swimsuits on underneath, as were the Fairies themselves, in case we did decide to swim or learn to surf. While we were doing that Andy was setting up the new grill that he and Paul had picked out and Mom was setting up some birthday decorations, pink and red balloons and streamers placed wherever she could get them to stay. She also already had her camera hanging around her neck, ready to begin documenting this family occasion.

Our guests started showing up a little before two o’clock. The first guest to arrive was a bit of a surprise, Agent Smith from the HAA, apparently Mom and Andy had told him about the party and about the possible need to bring others in on our secret after Mei’s Healing of Lindsey. Hiro and his mom Kasumi arrived shortly after, and to my surprise Hiro’s dad Paul was with them as well. Apparently he had decided to leave the restaurant in the hands of his assistant manager for the afternoon. They were followed quickly by Garret, and then Michelle, Lindsey, and Jordyn all arrived together. Once everyone had arrived we led them out the backdoor to the beach where Vanessa could relax in the water and give her shifting abilities a break for most of the party. We all gathered by the water most of us sitting in beach chairs or sharing blankets and then, after he had done some quick checking to make sure there were no listening devices or people other than those who had been invited, Smith introduced himself.

“I’m Agent Smith with the HAA, I’ve been involved with the Ainsley family for a while now, and they’re good people. The story that you’ve all been given about how these girls all got their powers is a cover story, one that must be maintained for the safety of everyone involved. We are prepared to tell you all the real story, but before we do you’ll need to sign these non-disclosure agreements. Nobody but those present can know about this, it is top-secret and I had to get approval from the Pentagon and a rush on a background check for each of you,” he said with a serious expression.

“Whoa! Top secret? Background checks?” Garret sputtered as he looked around nervously.

“Don’t worry Mr. Jackson, you all passed those checks, or we wouldn’t be having this conversation here with all of you present. Luckily for all of us my friend Andy, and the Ainsley girls, are good judges of character, but I must impress upon all of you the need to keep this secret. Lives could be in danger if the wrong people discover the truth and these girls, especially Mei could become targets.”

Once they had all agreed and the NDAs had all been signed Mom and I laid out the whole story for them, from when we had gotten involved until the group escape and the creation of my new identity and our cover story. We had even told them the truth about Mei’s powers, though for that part we had sent the Fairies off to check on Peaches who was still snoozing under an umbrella nearby. It was better for them to keep their belief that they had been brought here from Neverland. I suspected that they all knew the truth already, but having that little lie seemed to comfort them.

“Geeze Mei, I’ve never heard of anyone with power like that. I could have sworn you were a mage the way you draw on magic energy,” Lindsey said after a short silence. “That story about having a summon leave behind an egg with Merida’s dragon was pretty good though, I’m a magic user and I believed it easy enough. The healing thing is going to be hard to explain if you do that again in public though.”

“It’s been taken care of,” Agent Smith said with a shrug. “Mystech has changed her school file and classified her as a Mystic with primarily summoning magic and a knack for healing magic as well. Since she actually draws on magic energy she may have enough of a gift with magic to learn a few healing spells to augment her abilities and convince people that she’s just a mage with very focused talents, it does happen sometimes. Mei, you should find that your Summoning Magic class has been changed on your schedule. When I spoke with her earlier she told me that you don’t need that class, and that she would be giving you private lessons on healing magic herself during that time in her office.”

“I’m gonna learn real magic?! Cool!” Mei was beaming at that.

“This coming from the girl who can create life with a thought,” Michelle said with a laugh.

I was mostly quiet during this exchange as I watched our new friends and wondered what they thought of me now that they knew the truth. I was pretending to be a thirteen year girl when neither was really the truth. How could any of them want anything to do with me now? With a sigh I went to sit with Peaches and Fawn and started to gently pet my new dragon as I stared off into space.

“…you okay?” Hiro’s voice broke me out of my daze.

“Huh?” I oh-so-cleverly responded as I blinked up at him standing over me.

He was looking down at me in concern. “I was asking if you’re okay Merida, this is your birthday party, you should be having fun. Before that I asked if you had asked your Mom about the double date thing on Friday. My parents said they’re okay with it, since we’re all pretty responsible and Fawn would be there to keep an eye on us. Linds and Michelle got permission too, we’re all looking forward to it.”

“Ya dinnae feel diff’renly now tha’ ya ken the truth aboot me?”

Hiro blinked at me in confusion for a moment before sitting across from me and taking my hand in his own. “Why would we? It wasn’t your cover story that we liked, it was you and your sisters, and that hasn’t changed. You’re still the same girl, trying to get used to a new life after being born a guy, we knew that much already. A few years in age doesn’t make much difference, but you stopped being Maddock when you started living as Merida. So you’re still the same girl that we’ve been getting to know. You’re kind, caring, funny, vulnerable, powerful, and honestly its kinda badass that you used to be Special Forces.”

With that he stood up and pulled me to my feet as my heart beat wildly in my chest. “Now let’s go ask your mom about that date and have a little fun.” He half-dragged me along to where Blair was talking with his own mother and before I could say anything he asked, “Dr. Ainsley would it be okay if Merida came with me, Michelle, and Lindsey for a camping trip on Friday? They were kinda planning for it to be a double date thing, but we figured that we’d bring Fawn along too as a sort of chaperone.”

Mom seemed to think about it for a moment. “She would need ta bring the portable shield setup fer while she’s asleep, but Merida is old enough ta make her own decisions. I don’t min' her going, if all o' yuir parents are okay with it,” she paused to look a Kasumi who nodded and then added, “but Fawn will be keeping a very close eye on all of you.”

“Aye… umm… thanks Mom,” I barely managed to get out, my face nearly as red as my hair.

After that we spent until dinner with Vanessa and the members of 4-Ward teaching the rest of us how to surf and enjoying the sun, surf, and sand. I was a little awkward at first wearing my tiny aquamarine bikini, and surfing was a bit more challenging than I thought it was going to be, though by the time we quit for dinner my balance was getting better. I could have cheated by using my force field to maintain my balance, but I wanted to learn how to do it properly and I was really enjoying myself, even when I wiped out.

Andy and Paul had cooked up a bunch of chicken and burgers on the grill and we had a ton of snack foods and birthday cake, so I was able to eat my fill before Mom announced that it was time to open the gifts. Since they were the younger of us I insisted that the twins got to open theirs first. They really liked the lockets that I had gotten them, while Tasha, Vanessa, and Andy had gone all Disney on them by getting them movies that they didn’t have, stuffed animals, and Disney Fairies books. They were really happy with those gifts too and were especially thrilled when Mom had gotten them both a cellphone. They hadn’t gotten one when Mom had bought Tasha, Vanessa, and I one on or first shopping trip, because they were still a bit young, but apparently Mom thought that twelve was a good age for them to have one.

Mom had gotten me a stuffed pink dragon before Mei had revealed her gift, since I was a girl now and she knew that Princess Peony and the Amazing Egg was my favorite story. Andy had gotten me a laptop for school, but he assured me that it could handle gaming as well if I ever wanted to. I got a really nice black leather choker with a silver dragon hanging from it from Vanessa, and Tasha had gotten me stainless steel bracelet with her name, and those of my other sisters, engraved on the inside.

I was a bit choked up after the other gifts from my family and while Mei had given me Peaches already, hers and Shu’s gifts seemed the most personal. All the gifts were well thought out of course, and I loved them all, but with the twins it was like they wanted to give me a little bit of themselves. Mei had created me my own dragon based on my favorite story and Shu had taken one of the spare king-sized Mithrilex blankets that Mom had made for me and somehow imbued one of her dimensional portals permanently into the fabric, giving me access to my own pocket dimension. It had been so tiny when I had first seen it, just a two inch wide bit of cloth that could easily go in my purse or pocket, but she had merely pinched the back and folded the ends inside the portal. When she demonstrated pulling out the ends, and then shook it out to its full size, I think she broke more than a few brains

Inside the pocket dimension was a large bunker-type room made from concrete and steel that was half the size of our entire house. There were also doorways that led off to a smaller bathroom-sized room and a larger room that wasn’t near as big as the main room but sort of made me think of a military barracks from its size. The rooms were all dark and empty though and I had to use the flashlight function on my phone to see much. “Tha’s amazin’ Shu,” I said after taking a look inside, “bu’ ‘ow did ya ge’ it tae look like tha’? Usually it’s all jus’ empty space.”

Shu shrugged, though she was grinning like a cat who ate a canary as she replied, “I found out that while I’m creating a new pocket dimension I can control what it looks like a little. I couldn’t create anything like lights and furniture, but walls and floors and simple stuff are easy enough if I’ve seen the materials before. I thought that you might want a private bunker in case of emergencies, or a place where you can store your car and supplies and stuff. We may need to do some work to make it more comfortable but I think it’s a good start.”

“It’s an awesome start Shu, I ‘ave the bes’ sisters tha’ anyone could ask fer,” I said, pulling both twins into a hug.

We were interrupted by Lindsey calling out, “Okay you three, time for your present from us.”

“Wot? Ya didnae ‘ave tae ge’ us anythin’,” I argued as I let go of the twins.

“Well it’s sort of a gift for all the members of G-Force,” Garret explained, “but we all chipped in to get MetalMax to make them and then Lindsey put in some work once they were made. Michelle chipped in the diamonds from when she shed her diamond form after we fought that huge monster.”

The twins and I unwrapped the box and then opened it to reveal six simple size-adjustable silver rings with diamonds set in them that resembled those that all four members of 4-ward were currently wearing. “I kinda figured that we could be sister teams,” Lindsey said after a moment, “y’know help each other out when we need it. I learned a spell from one of my classmates to link all of our rings and allow us to find one another if we need to. It’s like the only spell I actually know so far, but I thought it would be nice in case any of us ever get into deep trouble on our own. If you ever need help just touch the ring and say ‘9-1-1’ and any of us who are wearing our rings will be able to find you.”

I wasn’t quite sure what to say at first, but I smiled and made sure that Mom and each of my sisters had gotten a ring before putting the last on myself. “Thanks, all o’ ya, we appreciate it. An’ if’n ya e’er need ‘elp, we’ll come runnin’.”

To my surprise the gifts didn’t end there either. Smith had apparently been worried about our safety and had heard that we had gotten our carry licences for Costa Verde so he had gotten each of the twins a small Taser that they could carry in their purses in case they got attacked while out of costume. For me he had a dvd-rom. He didn’t tell me what was on it, but said that it was insurance in case the HAA tried to throw me under the bus again. He also made me promise not to view the contents, or let anyone else, until I really needed a get out of jail free card.

I was still reeling from that when Hiro and his parents approached us and handed both of the twins and me wrapped boxes. “Umm… thanks, ya didnae ‘ave tae ge’ us anythin’,” I said again, feeling a bit awkweird about people who really hadn’t known us all that long giving us gifts. For each of the twins they had gotten a pair of matching pink Disney schoolbags with the character Merida on them. They might seem a bit juvenile for twelve year olds, but the twins loved them.

I, on the other hand, found myself staring at a black and gold metallic tube of some sort that seemed to hum in my hand, and I was wondering just what it was. It was very lightweight and roughly a foot long with a golden sun on it that almost seemed to glow. Curious, I ran my finger over the sun shape and with a soft hissing sound it suddenly telescoped into what looked like a bow, nearly three feet long, with glowing gold lines running along its surface and a glowing golden string running from one end to the other. Now I recognized it. “This is…” I began to sputter as I looked from Hiro’s parents, to the object in my hands, and back again.

“The Bow of Amaterasu,” Hiro’s mother finished for me, “Or as many came to call, it Bright’s Bow. When my government first recruited me to become a hero they wanted me to use traditional weapons, should I use any at all. I could make constructs of swords, other melee weapons, and various throwing weapons just fine, but could never seem to make a bow construct work like a real bow. So they had a Tinker make this for me, it’s practically indestructible, portable, and the draw weight will respond to however much strength you’re using at the time. It was also designed with energy constructs in mind. I had planned on giving it to Hiro one day, but he thought that you could make better use of it. She’s yours now Merida, use her well, and be sure to bring her with you to our classes.”

Hiro was blushing and looking at the floor as he mumbled, “Well, I can’t make constructs and you’re going to be teaching her archery so it made sense.”

“I… ummm… thanks…” I could only stare as I managed to get those words out, my lips dry and my heart fluttering. He had had his mother, one of the most famous superheroes ever, give me something extremely valuable, something that by all rights should have been his. A simple thank you could never be enough for this. Blushing brightly I leaned forward to kiss him. I had fully intended just to give him an innocent peck on the cheek, but I found my lips meeting his own instead, seemingly of their own volition. The thrill that went through me was electric, a heat flowing through me like my blood was on fire. My heart was beating rapidly in my ears and everything and everyone else seemed to fade away as he kissed me back. For a second, and an eternity, it was just the two of us there, each of us fueling that kiss as we reciprocated what we received from the other. Finally though we had to come up for air and broke apart, and I stood there a hurricane of emotions surging through me as I tried to catch my breath. Finally, my cheeks burning as I realized what had just happened, I turned and ran for the house as fast as I could, tears streaming down my face.

 

Merida's Corner.jpg

 

'ello agin e’eryone an’ welcome agin tae Merida’s Corner. Today I will be teachin’ all o’ ya aboot Teleporters. Teleporters are those who possess the ability tae move from one place tae another instantaneously. This kin be done in various ways; passin’ through other dimensions, matter displacement, or e’en by destroyin’ matter in one place tae reconstitute it somewhere else. While Teleporters are gen’rally considered their own class, usually their powers are tied tae another broader classification, like Generators, Pyschics, Mystics, or Energy Manipulators. Teleporters come in four diff’ren’ categories: Self Teleporters, Touch Teleporters, Portal Teleporters an’ Dimension Teleporters.

Self Teleporters kin only teleport their own bodies, some e’en ‘ave trouble keepin’ their clothes wi’ them. They kin teleport long or short range, bu’ gen’rally tha’ depends on their power levels. Cat Ones cannae really ‘port very far, while Cat Fives kin ‘port ‘cross the planet if’n tha’s wot they’re wantin’.

Touch Teleporters, like Tasha, kin ‘port themselves or anythin’ or anyone tha’ they ‘appen tae be touchin’ a’ the time. Like wi’ Self Teleporters, ‘ow far they kin ‘port depends on ‘ow powerful they are.

Portal Teleporters, like Rave from RevolveR, teleport by connectin’ two differen’ locations via a portal sort o’ like foldin’ space. Generally they’re only limited to places they’ve been, seen, or to people they’re familiar wit’. Portal Teleporters are gen’rally Cat Three or above as it takes a lot o’ power tae connect two places an’ hold open a portal for any given amount o’ time.

Dimension Teleporters like Shu share a lot o’ sim’larities wi’ Portal Teleporters. They move ‘tween places by passin’ through another dimension either consciously like Shu does, or subconsciously and wit’out e’en realizin’ tha’ they’re doin’ it. Agin, this takes a lot o’ power, e’en more than most Portal Teleporters, since they’re no’ bridgin’ two spots in the same world, bu’ completely differen’ dimensions. Ya will no’ often see a Dimension Teleporter below a Category Four. Mages gen’rally learn tae teleport by this method as well so ya dinnae often see low-level mages who kin manage it.

Well, tha’s all tha’ I ‘ave tae say aboot Teleporters today, so tha’s all fer now an’ I’ll see all o’ ya nex’ week tae talk aboot Tinkers. ‘til then, this is Merida signin’ off.

Copyright © 2019-2020 Amethyst Gibbs
up
167 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

first kiss!

giggles. I hope she comes to realize there's nothing wrong with kissing a boy, especially a boy who's as good as Hiro is.

DogSig.png

flustered

Amethyst's picture

Nothing wrong with kissing a cute boy, especially when he's that sweet. When Conduit kissed her she could be frustrated with him because he did it and surprised her. This time it was her who did the kissing and worse yet she REALLY liked it so she's kinda freaking out. Poor Mer.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Poor Merida. She's trying so

Poor Merida. She's trying so hard to be her new self. I hope she isn't pushed to hard into a relationship with Hiro (by her sisters (Blair included), Lindsey and Michelle, or the fairies. I'm not worried about Hiro pushing her for anything. He seems like too much the gentleman.)

Being herself

Amethyst's picture

Yeah Merida is really trying to adjust and get used to who she is now. It's not easy for her though. So far liking boys has been an abstract thing for her since her shock and Frustration with Conduit kissing her countered any physical reactions to it. This time though she kissed Hiro, she really enjoyed it and even she realizes that she's attracted to him. It's kind of cemented that fact that she really is a teenage girl in her mind and her emotions are all over the place about that.

Nobody is going to push her into a relationship with Hiro if she says she's not interested, but everyone can see how into each other they are and want them to be happy. Hiro would certainly be the last to push her into something, he's interested, but he knows what it's like adjusting to a new gender and wants her to know he likes her without pressuring her for more than she's ready for.

Hopefully she'll be able to sort out her feelings and relax about it a bit.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

As everyone applauded and cheered

TheCropredyKid's picture

I turned and ran for the house as fast as I could, tears streaming down my face.

 
 
 
x

Don't know if i've mentioned this

TheCropredyKid's picture

...but switching between sites that use BBCode and sites that use HTML can be ... Interesting.

===================

Heh. Spellcheck wanted to make that a poem on British TV: "a BBC ode"

 
 
 
x

Yup

Amethyst's picture

Her reaction wasn't exactly meshing with everyone else's.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

So happy you, Mer, and the girls are back this week

Nyssa's picture

Loved this one, especially Merida's corner - great explanation of teleporters. Will Merida be covering how telepaths keep from going crazy with all the voices in their heads?

But I'm mostly happy you felt up to posting. In your honor, I still spoke with an unnecessary Scottish accent even when there wasn't a posting and tried to work "barry" into conversations. When I did it while watching a movie with my sister, she said, "You know they're Austrailian, right?" Which I found hilarious. So I'm still having fun with this story even when you can't post.

P.S. Sorry I'm so late commenting. Thanks!

Thanks Nyssa

Amethyst's picture

I already sorta covered psychics as an overview, but you may want to keep that question in mind for once I run out of clases to go over and start taking 'Dear Merida' letters.

Awww thanks, I'm glad that you enjoy it so much even when I can't post for a while. It means I'm doing my job right if my readers' families start to think they're going crazy ;)

P.S. I railly need tae star' lookin' fer more ways fer Merida tae use the word "barry" in conversations though. "Swither' too, I've always liked 'ow tha' rolls off the tongue.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Tooling up for upcoming unknown confrontation

Jamie Lee's picture

The girls want Merida to be happy, and make decisions for her when they should sit back and let her decide for herself. They have the best intentions in mind but they need to be careful not to push her into something she's not ready for.

Merida has also got to stop thinking she has to accept everything the others agree too for her, just so they won't be disappointed in her.

Pink is on the move to offer an invitation to the girls to join Shade. Or kill them all. Isn't it funny that the presents given to the girls have the ability to help the girls in a pinch? Rings that can track the girls. A staff that Merida can amplify with her powers. And the deminsional room hidden in a blanket. Something says all of these items will be used sooner rather than later.

Others have feelings too.