Feral Saga Chapter 9 - Revelation

Printer-friendly version

SabretoothVsJeanGreyFeralSaga.jpg

Feral Saga Chapter 9 - Revelation

by Nyssa

A Marvel X-Men Fanfiction starring Wolverine and Jean Grey

In the nail-biting ninth issue, Logan will finally face-off against Sabretooth with Storm’s life in the balance. Will it be a fight to the death? Has she actually stopped the ambush on the prisoner transport convoy? If not, can the Uncanny X-Men make it in time to prevent Magneto from recovering his precious helmet and Mystique? What havoc would they wreak together? Logan’s date night certainly hasn’t gone according to plan!

Author’s Note:

Logan has risked a lot by altering course and attacking the ships she discovered. In doing so, she has stumbled upon Sabretooth and found Storm. But will she be able to defeat Sabretooth and rescue Storm? In her weaker state, is this a foolish hope, doomed to result in her death just as she was starting to really live her life? Will Don act like everyone who was ever told to “stay here while I go save the day”? This is another chapter with significant violence. It’s again pretty intense. There’s some of the usual explicit sex. Although none of it is really non-consensual, there is some telepathic influence. Mutants’ lives are complicated (sigh). We’re definitely very close to the scene I warned everyone about in my introduction. Once again, I’d like to thank my proofreaders. Gabi (Xtrim), in particular, has been a huge help.

August 20, 2020 - I made some minor edits to the story and am posting them all at once.

Here’s a wiki you can use if you’re really lost: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men

© Nyssa 2019


Three things cannot long stay hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth.

          • Buddha

     

    “Tracer fire!”

    “I see it sir, hold on,” Lieutenant Sam McArthur banked the chopper hard to the left and bled off some altitude. The tracer fire hadn’t been close, but it made it very clear that the men in the convoy were very serious.

    “Was that a warning shot?” asked his passenger, Captain Robert Edison.

    “Sir, that was more of a promise than a warning.”

    “We still need to find a way to get them to stop,” said the Captain.

    “Sir, I am open to suggestions.”

    The helicopter was lit up by a searchlight, coming from one of the trucks in the convoy. It wasn’t steady, but it was a clear message, “We know where you are and we will fire on you.”

    “Time for Plan B,” said Lieutenant McArthur as he banked hard and headed forward along the same route as the convoy. One of the lead vehicles broke formation to chase after them.

    “There’s a Plan B? What is it?”

    “Sir, working on it, sir. Right now, hold on!” Lieutenant McArthur banked away from the road and dropped even lower to the tree level. The challenge with this tactic was that it was pitch black outside, so he had to estimate based on instruments. “Switching off all running lights.”

    “Lieutenant, care to fill me in?” asked an obviously shaken Captain Edison.

    “Sir, if we were in a fighter jet, I expect we’d have heard a radar tone. We were about to be fired on by a SAM.”

    “Shit. What now?”

    The lieutenant sighed. “Still thinking sir.”

    “Too bad we can’t round up a posse and head ‘em off at the pass…”

    “Sir, we are the posse… Wait a minute! Sir, that’s brilliant!”

    “Oookay?”

    “I know this road very well, fly over it all the time. There’s a narrow turn up ahead - forest comes right up to the road and a cliffside beyond that - it’s about 12 miles, so we will have some time if we can get far enough ahead.”

    “Time for what?”

    Lieutenant McArthur swallowed hard. “Sir, if it’s alright I think I’d like to wait until we get there.”

    A few minutes later, the chopper set down on the roadway just ahead of the curve in the road that the lieutenant had described. The thick, dark forest came to within a few feet of the roadway, forming an impenetrable wall on either side. Just beyond, the road seemed carved out of a rocky cliffside and fell away several dozen feet to a continuation of the cliff just a few feet beyond the road on the other side. As soon as they landed, the lieutenant pulled out a greaseboard and quickly wrote on it. He then handed it to the Captain.

    “What’s this?” asked Captain Edison.

    “Sir, that is their mission codename, their emergency frequency, their authorization code, and the name of the commanding officer on the convoy.”

    “And what am I supposed to do?”

    “Sir, I want you to walk 150 feet down the roadway and wait. I would suggest you find a position on those flat rocks I see at the edge of our lights. You might want to kneel and put your hands behind your head.”

    “They’re not going to stop. They won’t see the sign.”

    “Sir, leave that up to me. Time for you to get out now, sir. We have to hurry.”

    “What are you going to do? They will just plow through the chopper if you try to block the roadway. That’s if they don’t just shoot you and push it aside.”

    “Yes sir, I know. It’s going to take more than that. I’m going to need you to get out now, sir.”

    Realization dawned on the Captain. Goosebumps raised all along his dark skin. “There has to be another way.” Captain Edison’s mouth had gone dry.

    “Sir, my orders are clear. By any means necessary. If I fail, many people die. Sir, if you please…”

    Captain Edison took off his headset and grabbed the greaseboard as he ran to a position safely away from the blades and turned to salute as briskly as he could. As the chopper lifted off, he only hoped he could be as brave after he took up his position and heard the fiery explosion that would close the roadway behind him. He would try not to flinch, it seemed the least he could do to honor Lieutenant McArthur.

    >>X<<

    This all depends on whether he thinks I’m Jean or saw the claws.

    Logan heard the faint scrape of Sabretooth’s feet on the decking and knew she would only have a few microseconds to react. Sabretooth’s right hand slammed into the small of her back, almost dead center of her bodyweight.

    Miscalculated, bub,” she thought as she drove her knees up and flipped her hips so that her center of gravity rose above Sabretooth’s hand. As she threw her shoulders back while tucking into a ball, she somersaulted off his hand. Unfortunately, even though she would no longer be slammed into the wall as Sabretooth had planned, she was still generally traveling in the same direction. And spinning rapidly.

    Sabretooth snarled and turned his head but could not stop his flight towards the wall.

    Logan extended her legs at just the right moment to propel herself off the ceiling towards the empty suspension pod. She was just able to get her hands in place to spring her back toward the ramp. As soon as her feet hit, she leapt for the opening, knowing that Sabretooth would be right behind her.

    In fact, she was counting on it. As she passed through the opening, she could hear Sabretooth’s claws contact the wall and knew he would be on her in less than a second. She sprang upwards, her hips protesting the force, and used her hands to take her in an arc up onto the fuselage as Sabretooth burst through the opening.

    Logan leapt from her position, driving her claws into Sabretooth’s shoulder, attempting to cut a tendon or nerve. Her weight drove Sabretooth’s face into the surface of the ramp.

    Sabretooth roared at the pain but reacted immediately. His hand and arms formed a base on the ramp and he brought his feet up over his back, driving them into Logan from behind and launching her several feet away.

    She sprang immediately to her feet and assumed a ready position. “He’s even faster than I thought. Too much distance now to surprise him.

    “What the fuck?” Sabretooth was looking at her claws. Then he began to laugh. “It is you! I can smell it! Oh, this is too good. Now I can not only fuck you up, but I can fuck you too!” Sabretooth then laughed at what he believed to be clever wordplay.

    “Gee Victor, won’t your right hand be jealous?”

    “Huh? Hey, fuck you. You even talk like a bitch. I’ll show you what it’s like to really be a bitch. My bitch.” Sabretooth believed he was winning this war of words and began to move towards Logan.

    Just a little further…

    Sabretooth’s head moved to the side. “Aww, you brought company.”

    Logan could hear it now, someone in the clearing on the far side of the first airship.

    “Don, no!”

    But Don had stepped into the clearing and fired the automatic rifle he had found with the dead bodies that Logan had left behind. He hit Sabretooth square in the chest with a tight pattern of shots, knocking him from the ramp.

    But Sabretooth simply rolled to his feet and scrambled in a dizzying zigzag of bounds, working his way to Don before he could get off more than a couple of bursts. All of which missed.

    Sabretooth slashed at the gun, disabling it with his claws.

    “NO!” Logan was moving before she even knew it. She could feel the berserker rage take over. She fought for control. She could not go toe-to-toe with Sabretooth. He’d kill her and then Don. She needed to float just above the rage, even if it meant she would be slower or less powerful.

    She slid between Sabretooth’s legs, cutting his hamstrings to the bone. As he fell to his knees and grabbed for them with the hand not holding Don, she rose up in front of him. As hard as she could, she swung her right claw towards his neck. This was the strike she had tried to land in the Danger Room. this was the strike that would decapitate him.

    She landed it. She could feel the blossoming of pain in her elbow and shoulder as her blade cut into Sabretooth’s neck.

    Her strike ended as adamantium claws met adamantium-infused bone.

    Sabretooth slammed Don to the ground and cuffed Logan hard. She flew several feet, hitting her head on the ramp of the airship. She was dazed. Her hand felt like it had been ripped apart.

    Don lay motionless at Sabretooth’s feet.

    Sabretooth was breathing hard and holding a hand to his neck. Several seconds passed with both of them breathing hard and glaring at each other. Slowly Sabretooth got to his feet, his hamstrings knitting back together as she watched.

    He stalked over to her, snarling in an incoherent rage. She tried to rise, but she was still dazed and he reached her first. Holding her by the neck, he grabbed both her hands with his hand before she could move them out of the way. With a powerful pull, he yanked both arms from their socket, leaving them dislocated and hanging by their adamantium lacings. The searing pain and the memory of the Danger Room nearly threw her into a rage. A rage that would not only be pointless, but that would likely result in her death. Or worse.

    “I always had a thing for that psychic bitch.” Sabretooth sniffed her. “I can smell that one on you. So you’re already fucking guys. I’ll show you what it’s like to fuck a real man.”

    “And you’ll find out how much smaller your dick grows back after I cut it off.”

    I need to stall, need to get him to make a mistake,” she thought.

    Sabretooth raised a claw in his fury but stopped. He slowly got himself under control. “Oh no, you’re not screwing this up for me.”

    What the…

    “I might not be allowed to hurt you now,” said Sabretooth. “But once he finds out about you and I get Mystique back, he’ll give you to me.”

    Not allowed? Holy shit…

    Logan began laughing. “You mean the ambush that you’re supposed to be at right now? The one on the convoy that we already diverted?” 

    If only that were true,” she thought.

    “What the fuck are you talking about?”

    “And how happy is he gonna be that you brought his most valuable bargaining chip right to where we would be?”

    Sabretooth began to look around.

    “Face it bub. You’re in deep shit. Your best bet is to run. Run and hope he doesn’t care to find you.”

    Just need a few more seconds. Then a claw under the chin…

    Sabretooth looked uncertain.

    “Go on Victor. I’ll let you go.”

    Sabretooth sneered at that taunt.

    Uh oh. Big mouth…

    Sabretooth cuffed her hard; the world spun. Then he grabbed both her arms and pulled them apart again. The pain crashed through her already confused brain. She nearly vomited as he dropped her to the ground. She couldn’t move, couldn’t touch her berserker rage, couldn’t really put two coherent thoughts together.

    He was back a moment later and carrying her. She felt him arrange her hands and arms. Then there was compression. She was tightly bound somehow. “I can smell Don. Am I lashed to him?

    She realized Sabretooth was talking and had been for several moments. “Damn, I missed some of his stupid monologuing.

    “...he comes out of that stupid mountain on the other side of the world, I’ll get taken care of. I can still save this. I’ll bring him back the weather bitch. When I tell him about you, I bet he’ll give you to me. Then you’ll learn who your betters are.”

    Logan must have moved because Sabretooth noticed she was more aware than she had been.

    “Ok smart bitch. If you extend your claws, you kill him. I tied you up so he dies if you try to get free. And based on where I smell him on you… or should I say in you, you don’t want that. Bye for now, bitch. I’ll be back.”

    Sabretooth then stalked back onto the airship.

    Damn, I didn’t disable that one.

    She looked at Don. He was also awake, but clearly in a lot of pain.

    “Sorry Lolo.”

    “It’s ok, baby. But you know I have to stop him.”

    “Yeah, I understand. Go ahead. You saved my ass enough times. Go get him. Just make sure to make him pay. It’s... ok.”

    Logan kissed him. “No silly, I didn’t want you to be upset when I did this…”

    She twisted her right fist until her claws were aligned with the spaces between her ribs and extended them. She knew Sabretooth would never consider injuring himself to save another. Her breath whooshed out as her lung filled with blood. She continued cutting until she had cut through the webbing of the gun strap that Sabretooth had used to lash them together. It gave way and she stood, fully embracing the rage she felt. The wound healed quickly in her rage and she spat out the blood in her mouth.

    She ran to the airship, but the ramp was already closed and the engines were starting up. She jumped up and drove her claw directly into the control panel for the ramp. She used her other claw to dig into the ramp door and pulled. She felt her claw compressing the bones in her hand as she tried to pull open the door, hoping that she had disabled the lock. And then…

    Nothing. Her claw ripped free of the metal.

    Logan screamed her frustration and punched her claws repeatedly into the ramp door, slashing huge rips in it. But it was clearly not going to get her inside any time soon.

    Logan fought, once again, for control. She needed reason to work this out.

    Sorry Ororo, this may be a bumpy ride.

    Logan used her claws to pull herself along the fuselage as the airship lifted off the ground. As the wings rotated back to horizontal, she made her way onto the wing. The ship was at least 100 feet up as the engines locked in place and began to drive the craft forward. The rush of the wind pulled her hair back painfully, and she was nearly pulled from her position, but she managed to cling there. Her knuckles felt white-hot and her shoulders danced with twitches and spasms as the nerves were overloaded with the dueling signals of her pain and her determination. It felt like hours, but it was only seconds before she reached her destination.

    She drove a claw directly into the housing of the jet engine. The engine erupted in flames, which burned her face and shoulder down to the adamantium and flung her from the ship. Blind in one eye and slowly twirling through the air as she fell, she watched as Sabretooth fought for control of the craft and descended towards a clear area around an old logging road.

    As she fell into the trees, she briefly saw a tree trunk fill her vision.

    That’s gonna…” She was not conscious for her spinning descent into the underbrush, nor Sabretooth’s rough landing. All she knew was blackness.

    >>X<<

    From blackness she emerged into passion. Her senses were dulled, and she was hungrily kissing the man who held her and stroked her breast. But her passion filled her mind. She pressed her naked body more urgently into his hard, naked body and wrapped her leg behind him to bring as much skin as possible in contact with him. His hard cock pressed against her.

    “Oh yes,” she said. She looked adoringly up into… her own eyes. Or, at least the eyes she had when she was male. And yet, she could still recognize behind those eyes, was Jean. As strange as it was to be making love to her old body, the passion she felt and her love for Jean, both before and after the transformation, overrode any concern. Logan wrapped her hand around Jean’s cock and kissed him.

    Jean-as-male-Logan hungrily kissed her back as she stroked the cock pressed between them. Jean cupped Logan’s breast and rubbed a rough palm over her nipple. This was the strongest sensation Logan had felt so far since her hearing, vision, taste, and smell were so diminished. She moaned in response.

    When Jean began to lightly twist her nipples and hold them in those big, rough hands she broke the kiss in order to breathe. The feelings in her heart made it feel like she was soaring. Then Jean took a nipple into her mouth and sucked at it. Logan moaned deeply and threw her head back. The fingers of her hand had begun to become slippery from the precum oozing from Jean’s cock. She could sense her own wetness as Jean slipped a finger into the folds of her outer labia and stroked upwards, pressing in slightly to just graze her clit at the end of each stroke.

    You want to please my cock, don’t you?” 

    It was all at once a request, a command, and an observation. Most of all, Logan knew it as a truth. A bed had materialized and she set to work stroking Jean’s cock. Every twitch of response, every shudder of ecstasy that she elicited from the man lying there spiked her own arousal. She sat astride a powerful leg and slid her wet, slick pussy along it seeking any friction to relieve the growing itch and demand she felt.

    I so want you to suck my cock.

    It was something that Logan already wanted to do. Knowing now how much Jean wanted it, there was no question she would do everything she could think of to make this just as thrilling for Jean as it was for her. Images, suggestions, actions filled her mind as she tried all of them out. Some she knew were from Jean, some she thought of herself. But she never once hesitated, never once believed it was anything other than the secret to unlocking her lover’s most intimate fantasy and desire. And she would do anything for this person writhing beneath her, thrusting into her mouth, her throat, or the valley of her cleavage and eventually cumming.

    Please fuck me.

    Logan rushed to please her lover as quickly as she could. She slipped Jean’s cock into her and slid herself down onto it, feeling it push its way into her. She cried out at the sense of relief when he was fully inside her. She hadn’t realized the need she felt. But she rolled herself to the side with him still inside and looked pleadingly at him, anticipating that he would want to be on top of her, thrusting into her.

    When he was between her legs and hovering over her, she wrapped her legs around his back and pulled herself against him. He smiled down at her. She ran her hands over his wide, hairy chest and around his back, urging him closer so that she could kiss him. He began to stroke in and out of her pussy. She thrust her hips upward, trying to match the intensity of his thrusts. It was hard, almost animalistic, full of need. At first she cried out a little, as the strokes ended with too much pressure on her clit and her inner lips were pinched and pulled slightly. But eventually, his mouth enveloped hers in another passionate kiss, swallowing her cries just as they turned from surprise to pleasure. He began to find a rhythm that was just as passionate, but with nothing but pleasure for her.

    He drove his cock deep into her and rubbed the base against her clit. Each time he withdrew, she thrust her hips up and got a last little swipe against him as her clit pulsed from the sudden changes in pressure. She reveled in his desperate need for her, so different from Scott. 

    Scott made love to her as if she would break. But he would open his mind to her so she could share his pleasure and feel his love. “Wait, there’s something about that memory…

    But Jean, in her old body, reclaimed her attention as his rough hands again kneaded her breasts. He pressed her breasts up and caught her nipples between his thumbs and palms and pulled as the flesh slipped between them. She couldn't tell if she was breathing, but someone was making little mewling cries and whimpers. It all seemed so familiar, but something seemed off. She felt like she should be rising towards orgasm about now, but as wonderful as it all felt, it was slightly dulled, not quite real...

    This is a memory,” she vaguely realized. “The dreamscape…

    “Lolo?”

    “Yes, baby?”

    “Lolo?”

    Wait, how is she talking while kissing me? And she didn’t call me Lolo then...

    Lolo!

    Wait, I remember! The ship, the explosion, falling…

    “Logan, please…”

    Logan opened her eyes to a halo of magnificent red hair and green eyes full of tears.

    “Hey beautiful,” said Logan weakly. She was cradled in Jean’s lap. It was dawn now. Everything hurt.

    “Oh, Lolo, when we got here your face… It was still healing. It looked bad.”

    “Yeah, probably burned down to the adamantium.”

    “Burned?”

    “Yeah. How’s my make-up?”

    Jean gave a half-choke, half-sob. “That’s your first concern?” She wiped away her tears. “You made me a promise.”

    Logan got up. “I’m still here, babe. Where’s Sabretooth?”

    Jean looked like she wanted to argue more about Logan’s recklessness, but answered, “When we got here, he was already gone.”

    “And Storm?”

    “Storm was here?”

    “Shoot. Yeah, the idiot brought her. How did you get here? Where’s Don?”

    “He’s with the Professor and Hank. He's pretty beat up, maybe a concussion and bruised ribs. Hank is keeping him comfortable and resting in case he cracked a rib. Don’t want a punctured lung. But he'll be fine. Scott, Bobby, and I took the mini X-jet to come get you. I sent them back to the ship when I saw the state you were in. Don gave us a run-down, but he didn’t mention Ororo.”

    Jean handed Logan her favorite jacket. The catsuit was a mess. Her right breast was pretty much fully exposed.

    “Can I also borrow your headset, since I seemed to have misplaced mine?”

    Jean smirked as she handed hers to Logan. She and Logan then walked hand-in-hand to where the mini X-jet and Sabretooth’s craft were.

    “Professor?”

    “Yes Jean?”

    “Actually it’s Lolo… It’s Logan. Can you fill me in?”

    “Yes, Logan. The convoy was… delayed before the ambush. We were able to scatter the attackers pretty easily and dispatched Rogue to escort the convoy the rest of the way. When we traced the mini X-jet and found Don, he filled us in on why you had stopped. But I have no idea how Sabretooth got here or did he somehow fool Cerebro?”

    “He didn’t, he used a suspension pod and was flown here immediately after you detected him. With Storm.”

    “He brought her here? Why?”

    “Glory and stupidity. He wanted to impress Magneto.”

    “So where is he now?”

    Logan looked out over the forest where Sabretooth must have entered. She and Jean were now just outside the mini- X-jet. She needed to go inside but hesitated to have Scott see her like this. “Man up... or woman up, girl. No time for this.

    “On foot, in the forest… carrying Ororo’s suspension pod,” Logan said.

    “We have to go and find them,” said the Professor.

    Logan looked out over the treetops. She could see dozens of helicopters flying over the forest.

    “Isn’t that why all the helicopters are out there?”

    “What helicopters?”

    “Chuck, have Don contact his command now! We have at least 30 helicopters in the area, We need verification that they are friendlies.”

    “On it Lolo,” came Don’s weak voice.

    Logan rushed onto the mini X-jet and ran to one of the lockers. She pulled out one of Jean’s old blue and yellow uniforms, a holster and gun and a few other items and swapped outfits in the locker area. She strapped the gun belt around her hips.

    “Logan,” said Scott. “What are you doing?”

    “Preparing.” Unconsciously she turned her face so that the side with no make-up wasn’t facing him. “God, I hate myself for that,” she thought.

    “Not ours,” said Don over the headset. “Not responding to any calls.”

    Logan looked up at the helicopters through the front viewport. Several had just dropped lines and had a figure sliding down each one. The rest broke off and headed north at a high velocity.

    “Scott,” said Logan earnestly. “Tell me something that is in that direction.”

    “Uhh, there’s a small city about 30 miles in that direction.”

    “Shit. Charles, can you try using the portable Cerebro to locate Sabretooth?”

    “I should have thought of that. Just a moment.” there was a pause. “Logan, there are too many mutants in that area. All are about the same level. With the portable Cerebro I can’t tell which one might be Sabretooth.”

    “Who would know about that limitation?” asked Scott.

    “I don’t know…”

    “I'm betting Magneto does,” said Logan. Then, after a moment, “How about the helicopters that just broke off and headed north?”

    “Each one has a high-level mutant aboard,” the Professor said somberly.

    Logan quickly gave orders. “Scott, Bobby, and Jean take the mini X-jet and chase them down. You have to stop them before they reach that city. They will tear into it to pull us away from here. Charles and Hank, look after Don and coordinate from here. We don’t want to overcommit our resources again.”

    “Was this always the plan? I don’t see…” Charles was definitely struggling to see a bigger picture. Logan suspected he still hadn’t gotten much sleep.

    “No, it’s brilliant and ruthless, using our tendencies and loyalties against us, but it also smells of desperation. Sabretooth’s stupidity forced this.”

    “What are you going to do?” asked Jean.

    “I’m going to track down Sabretooth. He’s on foot and carrying a huge suspension pod,” she said as she ran off towards the forest.

    “Logan, you can’t! He almost killed you!” Jean cried after her.

    As Logan crashed into the forest where Sabretooth had entered, she yelled back, “But he didn’t and that was a big mistake.”

    Jean stood at the base of the ramp. “Don’t forget your promise,” she projected. There was no reply.

    “Jean, we have to go,” urged Scott.

    >>X<<

    Logan ran through the brush, jumped over fallen trees and, when necessary, leapt from tree to tree chasing down Sabretooth. The trail wasn’t hard to follow. Sabretooth obviously knew where he was headed and was making a direct line towards it.

    The run allowed her to get more acquainted with her new body. It was a familiar activity, although she’d never done it with boobs, nor with her knees, hips, and back singing with icy hot pain. But every leap, every time she had to compensate her weight distribution as she ran helped her become more fluid. She started her run moving like an elite dancer or pro athlete, but after only a couple of minutes, she looked more like a jungle cat.

    Eventually she reached the point where the trail was fresh and she knew she was catching up. She only prayed she was in time. She moved cautiously, but not quietly. She actually wanted Sabretooth to notice her.

    When she came upon him, it was all she could do not to fly into a berserker rage and attack. But that would be madness. She had to keep her cool.

    Sabretooth put down Storm’s pod. “Runt, I don’t have time for your shit.” He turned to look at her.

    Logan assumed her ready stance, extending her claws.

    Sabretooth began laughing, “You went and changed your outfit? Did you bring your purse too?” Sabretooth struggled but got his laughter under control. “Look, girlie, I know you want my cock, but I ain’t got time for you.”

    “That’s ok,” said Logan. “I wouldn’t want to deprive some poodle of her mate… Or is a Yorkie more your speed in order to get any friction?”

    “You talk pretty big now, but just wait…”

    “Oooo, what’s wrong, can’t get it up right now?”

    That triggered Sabretooth to tap into his own rage. He came at Logan wildly.

    Finally,” she thought. “But let’s see if I regret it.

    Sabretooth swung hard at her face, looking to slap her, probably hoping to daze her. But Logan had anticipated and moved her head down and towards his body. She then drove her right claw up under his arm into his ribs, aiming to slice between them and puncture a lung.

    But even though Sabretooth’s arm whizzed by her head, he was able to flinch away and her blade skittered across his ribs. Prepared for this, she continued her momentum so that she moved behind him and slashed his right Achilles tendon with her left claw, slicing it. Sabretooth howled with rage, but couldn’t move backward, instead stumbling forward. Logan surged after him, hoping to get the far leg, but Sabretooth swung wildly in a backswing towards her. She barely saw it in time and drove her claw into his forearm.

    But the force of the blow knocked her away from him. Too far to attack safely, she assumed a ready stance again. The backs of her hands were on fire with pain, but everything else was still responding well.

    Sabretooth roared his fury and turned, limping heavily.

    I can’t wait for him to heal, I have to press.” She moved to his right, where he knew he was weaker while his tendon healed. “I only have a few more seconds.

    “What’s wrong Victor? Did a little girl hurt you?”

    Sabretooth’s response was to roar again and push off with his left foot, closing the gap between them with such speed that it took Logan’s breath away. But she had been ready for it, expected it. She moved as far to her right as she could in the little time she had and raked her left claw across his abdomen as he passed by her and slashed at his left hamstring with her right. But although her claw bit deeply into his hamstring, it did not sever it. Sabretooth landed on his hands and sprung up, landing gingerly on both feet, clearly in pain.

    “You’re dead!”

    “Not yet, and I thought you weren’t allowed to kill me?”

    That caused Sabretooth to hesitate.

    Dammit,” she thought. “No, don’t calm him down…

    But too much time had passed. Sabretooth picked up his right foot and tested it. He smiled when it responded. “Time to end this.”

    Ok, really not good.” Logan ran right at Sabretooth. This froze him in place as he wasn’t sure what she was up to. At the last moment, she looked up at the tree hanging over him. Sabretooth prepared to jump to catch her in mid-leap.

    But it was a feint. She slid hard into the ground below him and popped back up. He reacted quickly though and she barely saw the strike coming. Bracing herself, she moved her momentum away to absorb the blow and grabbed onto the arm as it struck her in the chest. The air whooshed out of her lungs, but she ignored it as Sabretooth followed through on his swing. When he reached the end of the swing, she released her grip and flew up into the tree above him. Her feet struck the trunk hard and her knees felt like daggers had been jammed into them as she absorbed the force.

    Sabretooth was momentarily confused and she used her advantage to reach into her belt. She leaped onto Sabretooth’s back before he could locate her and wrapped her legs around his chest as she raised the gun to his temple.

    But Sabretooth snatched her hand away and pulled her off his back. She momentarily held on with her left hand to the scruff of his mane and tried once more to turn the gun. Sabretooth slapped the gun from her hand with his free hand and ripped the belt from her hips. He jerked her away from him so that her left hand let go. He then grabbed her right arm at the bicep and bent her arm back, breaking the elbow joint so that it was held only by the interlaced adamantium threads and tearing her bicep in the process.

    Logan screamed at the pain. A high pitched scream unlike any she could ever remember. Sabretooth grinned evilly and dislocated both shoulders. He brought her face up to his.

    “Music to my ears. I may not be able to take care of you right now, but you have earned yourself a world of pain. For how you screwed things up for me and for what a stuck up bitch you have become. When Magneto gives you to me I will fill every second of your days with pain. And then I will fuck you. And you will beg for more because it’ll be the only time you’re not in pain.”

    “Nah, 30 seconds here and there isn’t gonna make much difference.”

    What is with him and my shoulders? At least this time the left shoulder didn’t fully dislocate. If I can get him mad enough to slap, me I might get…

    Sabretooth head-butted her. She saw stars and the world lurched violently. After a moment, she realized that she was on the ground and Sabretooth was picking up Storm’s capsule.

    Sabretooth began yelling at her. It made her head ache. “The boss is gonna make me move around for a few days to fool you guys, but then I’ll be coming for you. Then you’ll pay…”

    Logan became aware of a growing sound that made her stomach lurch from the throbbing it caused in her head at the chattering thuds of the chopper blades. The brush and leaves of the trees came alive with the downdraft. As she tried to focus on the blurry image that she assumed was Sabretooth, he grabbed onto a tether. Before she could really think straight, he and Storm were gone.

    “Moron.”

    Logan activated her homing signal and collapsed. It had been a long night.

    >>X<<

    “Thanks for the lift, Anna.”

    Rogue set them down on the front steps of the mansion. “Ah was happy to oblige. You reckon they’re in the Professor’s office?”

    “Or the briefing room,” said Logan, striding into the front door. On the flight back, Rogue had told her that the attack on the city had broken off as soon as Scott, Jean, and Bobby had caught up to them. Logan suspected it was as much because Sabretooth had been picked up as any fear of losses. She pulled one of her cigars from the belt she’d had Rogue help her find and lit it. She needed to calm her nerves.

    They found everyone in the briefing room. The mood was obviously somber.

    “What’s wrong, why is everyone so down?” asked Logan.

    A very haggard-looking Charles Xavier answered, “We just received the details of the pilot that delayed the convoy. He crashed his helicopter into the road at a narrow pass to block them. He sacrificed himself. Second Lieutenant Samuel James McArthur.”

    Logan felt as if a trapdoor had opened up below her. “No,” she said quietly. Then Jean was there, hugging her. “I shouldn’t have stopped. I should have been the one to stop the convoy.”

    “Honey, you can’t save everyone,” said Jean. “Do you have any idea how many lives you saved today? The attack on the convoy wouldn’t have been discovered without you. Magneto would have Mystique and his helmet back, and who knows what might have happened to the people in that city if you hadn’t been there? That was all you.”

    “But that man’s death was my fault,” tears were streaming down her face. “This is just too hard.”

    “We still need to find Storm,” said Scott after a moment.

    Logan disentangled herself from Jean and reached into a pouch on her belt. She pulled out a small device and tossed it to Charles. She took a drag on her cigar and tried to calm her jangled nerves.

    Charles looked at the device she had tossed him. “This is one of our tracking units.” He looked at Logan questioningly.

    “I took two in case I lost one. The other one is on big ugly. I realized I couldn’t kill him, but I was able to plant a tracker in the scruff of his mane when he thought I was going to use a gun on him. Fortunately, you can’t heal stupid.” She took another drag on her cigar.

    Everyone was staring at Logan. “I did say I was going to track him.”

    Scott looked from the Professor to Logan a couple of times. “So we can track Sabretooth to wherever his base is and go get Storm back?”

    Logan held up a finger. “Once he gets where he’s going and we have a chance to plan our rescue. He told me he’ll have to move around for a few days ‘to fool us’,” Logan said. “Now, this has been a really long day, equal parts awful and wonderful… Actually mostly awful. I’m going to go see my boyfriend.”

    Beast rushed into the room. “Logan, I thought it was you. I have found it! I know why you have been in such pain and why you haven’t reverted to your normal form! I can fix it, but there’s no time, we must hurry!”

    So this is it, decision time.” Logan looked around at all of the members in the room. The people who had come to mean so much to her in such a short time. But she knew her decision.

    “Hank, everyone,” she said, looking around the room. “I’m not going back. I’m going to stay like this. I may have to leave the X-Men, but I’m happy for the first time in my life. You all have come to mean so much to me. You saved me.” She choked up at this. “As surly and grumpy as I was, you all gave me your trust and friendship. And love. I didn’t realize how dark and lonely my life was until all of you showed me what I could have. And now… I just can’t go back.”

    She turned to Jean. “Jean we need to talk. You mean the world to me and always will. There are things I need to tell you. But I’m happy. It’ll be ok.” She kissed Jean softly.

    Kitty was standing next to Bobby and quietly crying. “C’mere kiddo,” said Logan. She hugged Kitty to her.

    “Lolo, you can’t leave me.”

    “Hey little sis,” said Logan. “I’m just leaving the team. I’ll still be your big sister. You do like having a big sister, right?”

    Kitty smiled through her tears and nodded.

    She walked over to Scott and took his hand. Scott, for his part, seemed a little unsure of how to react. “Scott, I’m sorry for how I’ve treated you and we really need to talk. Just you and me. You said you couldn’t imagine what it was like for me… And you have noooo idea. But there are things that you deserve to know before I leave.”

    “Charles, I promise we'll get Ororo home, but this is my last mission.”

    She saw that Hank was standing where he had made his urgent plea, but was shaking his head and looked to be beside himself.

    Logan was touched. She went over to him and said, “Hank, it’s for the best, really. I can take some aches and pains, especially if no one is trying to beat me to a pulp on a regular basis, but I can't take the pain of my old life, the old me. I can't go back; I have too much to live for now. It’s time I lived my life instead of just angrily existing.”

    “No, you don’t understand.” Hank placed one of his big, blue hands on Logan’s shoulder and looked intently into her eyes. She could see tears in his eyes.

    “Logan, you’re dying.”

     

     

    IS THIS THE END FOR LOGAN? CAN SHE SURVIVE THIS LATEST CHALLENGE OR WILL THE COST FOR SURVIVAL BE MORE THAN SHE CAN BEAR? WITH THIS LATESTEST CRISIS, WILL THE UNCANNY X-MEN BE READY FOR MAGNETO’S NEXT MOVE NOW THAT THEY HAVE THWARTED HIS RECOVERY OF HIS HELMET AND MYSTIQUE? WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW THAT SABRETOOTH HAS AGAIN RUN OFF WITH STORM? CAN THE X-MEN FIND HIM AND RESCUE HER AND WILL LOGAN SURVIVE TO HELP THEM? FIND OUT NEXT TIME IN THE FERAL SAGA -THE FATAL FLAW!


     

    There are over 2,000 varieties of cheese… and that’s not counting what I produce here!

    End Note:

    Kudos are always welcome, but I really do want to know what you think of the story, so please comment. It doesn't have to be positive but if you have a correction, a PM would be more appropriate than a comment, so we don't bore everyone else with trivialities. If you are upset that this story contained violence, graphic sex, non consensual actions, or mind control even after all my warnings and flags then I can't help you. If you want to demonstrate your superior knowledge of all things X-Men, please save it and just make lots of smug faces as you read my egregious errors. I'm here to have some fun and I hope I have provided you with some as well. &lsquo;Nuff said. Until next time - Excelsior!

up
52 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Forced to revert to manhood

Iolanthe Portmanteaux's picture

When Hank first spoke, I thought, "No way! Lolo's not changing back!" and thinking, What could possibly compel her to go back to being a guy?

Excellent, somewhat painful, twist!

- io

A little peek behind the scenes...

Nyssa's picture

The cliffhanger here was the first scene I thought of after the beginning and how Logan got transformed. In a way, everything up to this point was just to deliver that line.