Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2337

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2337
by Angharad

Copyright© 2014 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

Me—the second coming? Ha, that is so funny. Me the risen whatever, and arch sceptic. If there was a god, his main attribute would be irony. Clearly, I am not now, in the future or past, any sort of messiah is reflected in me in any way. That any could consider it thus, only demonstrates how terminally stupid they are. I make no claim of any supernatural involvement unless I consider it would help a patient I was trying to heal; then I might claim to be an angel. Were there such things, I would ask for them to be manifest, at least to my patient’s eyes.

I looked at the time, it was ten o’clock and I checked the washing machine, the cycle had finished and I transferred the various blouses and undies into the drier. It was a school day tomorrow and I had to help Danni deal with it. Some days I wondered about overload, or was that my normal state?

Simon was away and because I didn’t know if things were safe, I couldn’t call Simon or Henry to discuss the topics which were of concern to me. It may well be that Mitchell is acting alone but he could have friends. I left the drier to do the clothes and went up to lay out the things the girls would need for the morning, blouses, camisoles and a bra for Danielle. It wouldn’t be much longer before Trish and Livvie needed training bras, if only to protect their nipples from rubbing or protruding. The tyranny of the bra—once they’d started wearing one, it was likely to be for life.

As I laid out their clothes for the morning, I considered how I’d have loved to have been able to express my girlishness at their ages. I left out Danni’s bra, how I longed to be able to wear one and to have something to fill its cups. Now my cup runneth over, especially if I don’t feed or express often enough. The discomfort in my breasts felt like I needed to reduce the pressure and volume. Part of me would have loved to take off my bra as I did my shoes when I came home, most of me knew I needed the support of one these days, not to mention marking my clothes with my secretions.

Be careful for what you ask, you might just get it. I did in D cups, the D possibly standing for dairy. Lizzie became restless as I checked on her and I took her down to the kitchen and fed her. Then I cleaned her up and changed her and let her watch me ironing for an hour before I took us both to bed. Tom arrived home from his meeting and I quickly brought him up to date as I understood things, he nodded and retired fa’ his wee dram and I called goodnight and went to bed taking the dozing Lizzie with me.

Pud and Fi were fast asleep, as was little Cate. I did my ablutions and was in bed some ten minutes later. Try as I may, sleep wouldn’t come as I found myself listening out for Stella’s return. She woke me at two, giggling to herself as she staggered up the stairs. At least she was home and safe for the moment.

The next morning the girls all seemed to be a bit dopy and I virtually dragged them from their beds and into the shower. Then it was dry hairs and put into ponytails, I didn’t have the energy to plait them. Danni was practically quaking in her shoes when I said I’d come into the school with her.

Cindy and her other friends came to see her and within a few minutes she seemed at ease and went off with them. Sister Maria called me to her office and handed me a note. I opened the envelope and inside was note from the girl who bullied Danielle apologising and saying it was obvious she was a proper girl. There was also a note from the girl’s mother apologising to me suggesting her daughter wasn’t usually like this and she hoped I would forgive her.

“Well?” I asked showing the letter to Maria.

“Given a certain amount of poetic licence I suppose she isn’t really. I’ll suspend her for a week longer, so she’ll have to work hard to catch up, assuming you feel the punishment fits the crime?”

“Sounds okay to me. If she goes within ten feet of Danni, I’ll sue.”

“Um, who?” Maria swallowed.

“Any one and every one.”

“Even the school?”

“Possibly, if I can prove neglect.”

“I hope you can’t then.”

“Actually, so do I.”

She smiled nervously at me but I gave permission for the note to be given to Danni and for her to be informed of her attacker’s revised punishment. I didn’t think she’d feel overly happy, but that’s life.

That evening, as I returned with the girls the BMW shot out of the gate, Stella was sitting with a silly expression on her face. It looked as if Mitchell had given her something to feel rosy about. As long as she used contraception of some sort, I didn’t mind until I realised he might have checked out a number of things, including why I was so much in demand.

I was most worried he’d have had a chance to check out the layout of the house and in the case of an attack, he’d know where everyone and everything was. That annoyed me and I started talking about spring cleaning and that included moving furniture about. The kids helped but Stella remained aloof much to my irritation. She seemed to be in thrall to the man and just walked about with a silly expression on her face. I felt really bad for my part in the plot to catch this rogue copper and his accomplices.

Perhaps like Danni’s experience it suggested it would be worse than it was and she declared she wouldn’t be scared of the girl again. Cindy told me that no one doubted Danni was all girl. I hoped the euphoria and support lasted once the bully came back to school. Time would tell.

The rearranged furniture made everyone’s life miserable, so I put it all back to normal. We’d have to take our chances if we had any intruders. I did check my bow and order some extra arrows. Like the Girl Guides, I was trying to be prepared.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
210 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Maybe Cathy can get all the

Maybe Cathy can get all the girls to take up archery, that way she would have a real band of "merry girls/women" to help protect the "old homestead".

It's the uncertainty ...

It's the uncertainty or not knowing what and if and where and when something might happen. That's what causes the tiredness, always trying to be alert.
Something's got to give or break - or Cathy will.

Still lovin' it Ang.

x

bev_1.jpg

Ah yes.

Like the Girl Guides, I was trying to be prepared.

And just like Tom Lehrer, too. Why is no-one else writing songs like Tom now? We need the satire just as much now as in the 60s.

So Cathy, the silent killer,and expert toxophilist is girding her delightful loins and her trusty bow

Thanks Ang. Best bedtime reading ever.

Robi

Oh Cathy

Well, at least she checked her weapons.

G

Different meaning for "My Cup Runneth Over"

But I guess it worked.

Yes, check bow, check arrows, check night-vision equipment, get someone to discretely bump up the alarms and other anti-intrusion technology, a few cameras wouldn't hurt at all either.

Spying

littlerocksilver's picture

If he was in the house he could have easily planted listening devices and worse. Cathy had better be on her toes.

Portia

I had forgotten

D. Eden's picture

About the bow!

One can't help but wonder where this will end up.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Put Trish To Work

Get Trish to install the latest and greatest alarm system, with cameras and remote-detonable flash-bangs. And, whatever you do, do not let her buy that industrial metal-cutting laser.

I wonder...

I wonder if Stella's been given something that makes her "rosy"... I understand there're drugs that can do that. :-(

(I also wonder how long this can drag along... At least another week... LOL)

Thanks,
Annette