Hunger Pangs Part 7 of 9

Printer-friendly version
hunger-pangs_xs.png
Hunger Pangs - Part 7 of 9

By Daniela A. Wolfe



Archie was an orphan who never suspected that there was anything out of the ordinary about himself. After bedding a beautiful stranger, he soon finds a strange hunger has awaken within him and learns he is anything but ordinary.


The following rant is brought to you by the demented mind of D.A.W.

Well this is my foray into the DarkRealms Universe, hopefully I can do it justice. Shout outs to Enemyoffun for creating this wonderful universe and for allowing me to write in it, Loki for allowing me to use several Cordays in his story and for his help and suggestions, and djkauf for the superb editing.

I conceived the basic idea for this story long-ago as a stand alone, but one day after reading one of EOF's DRU stories I was struck with the idea that it with a little bit of adjusting it would fit well into the Dark Realms Universe. I apologize in advance for the protagonist, he's a bit of an ass and he has a rather foul tongue.

As with all my stories this is a work of fiction and as such any resemblance to real life individuals events or locations is purely unintentional. Only Bigcloset Topshelf has permission to post this story.

WARNING: This story is much darker than what you will typically see from me. It has explicit content including, sex, scenes of rape, suicidal themes, and language. If any of these things offend you please read no further.

"Oh God," I groaned and the world came back to me in a rush.

"Arch--" Daniel's familiar voice said from somewhere nearby.

My eyes snapped open and I found only emptiness looking back. It took me a few seconds for that we were sitting in the dark and I wasn't blind. "--Rachel," Daniel continued. "Are you alright?"

"Shit, what the hell happened?"

"It was our friends, the Tenebris Petentibus," he muttered.

"Damn, how did they find us?"

"It was Barns."

"Barns? No it couldn't be he's completely enthralled. There's no way he could have betrayed us."

"I overheard them talking when they thought I was still unconscious. He has some sort of tracking device on him," he spat bitterly.

"Shit, Darrell probably had one too! That's how they keep finding us."

"It's a good bet."

"What about Selina? Have you heard anything about her?"

"No, but I can smell her, she's somewhere here in camp."

Abruptly light flooded the darkness and I was blinded. After my eyes adjusted to the new light I looked up to see Gray-hair standing above me. I looked about the space around me and I realized I was in a canvas tent, the sort that was typically used by the military. My ankles and wrists were chained to some sort of metal post that had been driven into the ground. I struggled against my bindings, but it was no use.

"I wouldn't bother. Those chains are made from a silver-titanium alloy. They are particularly effective at restraining weres and vamps but they're strong enough to hold almost anything else." he said coldly as he popped an unlit cigarette into his mouth.

"You!" I spat.

"Why are you holding us? Why haven't you killed us yet," Daniel spat bitterly. I looked back to the source of Daniel's voice, but I could only detect a vague outline, the chains prevented me from getting a full view. If they had me chained it was a pretty sure bet that Daniel was restrained in a similar manner.

"Kill you?" Gray-hair laughed. "Why would you think I wanted to kill you?"

"Because that's what Hunters do," Daniel growled angrily.

Gray-hair threw his head back and laughed, "Oh, I see you think we're Hunters. No, the Tenebris Petentibus has very different goals from the Order of the Sacred Heart."

"What is it you plan on doing with us then?" I growled staring up at him.

"You will learn soon enough," he said as he pulled a lighter out from his pocket and lit the cigarette in his mouth.

"What have you done with Selina?" I demanded.

"Who?" He asked staring at me blankly, "Oh, you mean the other succubus? She's alive for now, but that all depends on whether you cooperate. You see she's outlived her usefulness, it would be a pity if I had to kill her."

"If she dies I swear to fucking God that I will kill you if it's the last thing I do," I growled angrily and meant it.

"I can see you're going to make this difficult," he said coldly. "I just might decide you aren't worth the trouble and kill you. You two have been responsible for the deaths of some of my best men. Don't test my patience, what you did to Barns is reason enough to kill you. Because of you I was forced to kill him. It really was a pity he showed a lot of promise as an officer."

"Colonel Steagan," a new voice said from the entryway.

"Yes, Lieutenant Freeman," Gray-hair said with a touch of irritation in his voice.

"You said to notify you when the other prisoner woke," Freeman replied.

"Very good Lieutenant," Steagan said his lips curling into a malicious grin and he turned to leave. He stepped back through the entry way then he swirled around and locked eyes with me, "Think about what I said, if you cooperate I promise you and your friends will live. I have no desire to end anyone's life unnecessarily."

The tent flap fell back over the entryway and the darkness enveloped us again.

"That bastard! What the hell do we do?" I growled a few moments later.

"I don't know, there's no way I can get through these bonds, not if they have silver in them," Daniel muttered with a touch of resignation in his voice.

"So weres really are weak against silver?"

"Not just weres most unseen have an aversion to the stuff. The bonds must have a pretty low amount of silver or they'd probably make me sick if they didn't kill me. They'd probably have a similar effect on you too."

"You sound like you've given up."

"Not yet, we still have reason for hope."

"What would that be?"

"Stu and the others."


Daniel was almost completely silent as we sat there in the darkness. Shit, I was going fucking nuts sitting there doing nothing ! I was terrified that Steagan would kill Selina and I wasn't exactly very certain about my own life or Daniel's for that matter. There was no way Steagan could be trusted it was obvious he had no compunction when it came to killing people and I highly doubted he'd let us live once our usefulness had been used up. That begged the question what the fuck did he want us for? He obviously had some nefarious purpose in mind, but what the hell could it be?

If only I could see Selina. God I needed to know if she was alright. It was torture not knowing whether or not she was really my mother, but if she died before I learned for certain I don't think I could stand it. All my life I wanted a family, and now when I might finally have found a small piece of what I sought I could feel that piece slipping through my fingers. That's when I started to pray, I'd never done it before, but I thought that if there really was a God out there maybe He might hear my pleas. I know it seemed strange for sex demon to be praying to God, but I was desperate and I needed something to cling to. Praying gave me hope, so I prayed away.

I don't know if God even exists or even if He heard me, but at the time it seemed as if He had. I could hear shouting and then gunshots permeated the air and I knew that we were about to be rescued. Sure enough, there was a scream outside our tent and I heard a loud growl and few moments later the tent flap flew open to reveal Daniel's cousin Arnie, looking for all the world like some vengeful god out of legend.

"You two alright?"

"We'll live," Daniel replied dryly.

Arnie stepped into the tent and let the flap fall behind him. I got a sense of movement, and I felt Arnie's breath on my neck as he bent down to touch the cuffs around my wrists. He must have gotten hold of the keys because I felt something click, the cuffs popped loose and he moved onto my ankles. Finally I was free! Without waiting for Daniel or Arnie I burst out of the tent and felt my jaw drop as I saw the scene that was enfolding in front of me.

A couple dozen or so were-bears weaving through the camp attacking the Tenebris Petentibus, and the Daniel's cousins were wreaking havoc. These were trained soldiers; they weren't accustomed to fighting wild animals particularly ones with the intellect and cunning of a human being. The bears were just too damned fast for the soldiers, whenever one of Steagan's men caught a bear in his sights the bear was on him before he could even pull the trigger. The bears were cutting Steagan's men to pieces and the soldiers were helpless to stem the onslaught.

None of the crazy shit was important though, I had to find Selina before it was too late. My eyes scanned the camp and it wasn't long before I caught sight of Steagan, he had an arm wrapped around her throat and a gun poised over her chest. "Bastard!" I howled. Steagan glared at me and I dived to the ground as he fired a round of bullets in my direction.

I leapt back to my feet once I was sure I was safe, but found no trace of the asshole or Selina. "Shit!" I growled and made for the last spot I'd seen Steagan. I caught a faint trace of movement and I lumbered after it. There was a brief glimpse of him as I rounded a corner, but I was forced to duck behind a tree as he let lose another round of shots in my direction.

"Steagan! You fucking asshole!" I screamed and jumped out from being the tree to continue my pursuit. I changed as I moved, I don't remember calling up what I had come to think of as my demon form, but suddenly my skin felt as if it were on fire and I knew I was transforming. It hurt like hell, but I didn't let it stop me. I just kept running I had to get to Steagan before he did something to Selina.

Abruptly all the air was knocked out of me and I tumbled to the ground. A pair of hands reached for my throat and I struggled to fend my attacker off, but I just couldn't match his strength. Slowly, those hands squeezed the life out of me and I couldn't do damn thing about it. I clawed at my attacker's face in desperation, but he didn't relent. I could feel the world fading away, darkness crept into the edges of my vision and I knew I had almost reached the end. Then suddenly I could breathe again. I looked up and realized my attacker had been flung away.

"Shit, that was close," I coughed rubbing at my throat and looked up to meet the gaze of my rescuer.

"You okay?" Daniel asked sweat pouring down his body as he held his hand out to me.

"Yeah," I answered accepting his hand. God, I wanted to feed. The lust was pouring from Daniel like a torrent, and it was all I could to keep myself from throwing myself at him.

"Why'd you run off like that?"

I let out a long sigh and gritted my teeth. I almost told him to fuck me there and then, but I was able to use my concern for Selina to anchor myself against my intense need to feed. I close my eyes and let rational thought slowly return to me. "Selina," I answered. "Steagan ran off with her as a hostage."

"We need to go after him. We need to--" he growled and stopped suddenly in mid sentence.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Someone's coming," he said suddenly.

"Come on, let's go."

"No, you go. I'll stay and hold them off," he said ripping his shirt off and unbuckling his belt.

"Daniel, I--"

"Go!" He yelled flinging his jean aside as fur started to sprout all over his naked body.

I gritted my teeth, bit back a tear, turned away and started to run. God, Steagan was going to pay.


"Don't move any closer," he growled swinging his gun so that it was aimed right at my chest.

It hadn't taken long for me to catch up with Steagan I had him cornered at a dead end. Behind him was a blunt cliff face that dropped off into a hundred foot or more plunge. His only means of escape was through me and he knew it. Selina let out a soft moan, but she didn't struggle. There was a sort of vacant look to her eyes and it wasn't hard to see that something was wrong.

"What the hell did you do to her?"

"I gave her something to ensure she'd be more cooperative," he muttered with a twisted grin as he slowly backed up to the edge of the cliff.

What the hell was he up to?

"Let her go!"

"If you say so," he said and loosed his hold around Selina's neck, and sent her tumbling over the edge of the cliff.

I screamed Selina's name as I flew past Steagan only to fall to my knees at the cliff's edge, but it was already too late. I watched in horror as Selina fell through the air and as her form became lost among the trees and foliage below. Hot tears rolled down my face and I shook with unconstrained rage and fury. Selina was dead, there was no way she could have survived a fall at that height. Steagan was going to pay, I would see to that.

I wiped the tears away from my face and got back on my feet. Steagan was nowhere in sight, obviously he had used Selina's death as a distraction in order to get away, but why? Why not just shoot me? Fuck it made no damn sense. Well, I wasn't going to catch him by just standing there. I broke out into a run and really started to put on the speed. I hadn't noticed it before because I had been so intent on saving Selina, but shit I could run fast in my succubus form. I think it had to do with my wings; they flapped with each step and helped propel me forward. They weren't large enough for flight, but apparently they weren't entirely useless.

I came to an abrupt stop where a circle of trees had created a small clearing. There I found a bear battling it out with a six of Steagan's soldiers. The bear looked haggard and seemed to be bleeding from several wounds, but that didn't seem to stop it as it plowed into the nearest soldier in a berserk rage. I tried to move around the battle, but one of the soldiers caught sight of me and called out to his friends. One leapt at me with combat knife in-hand, but the bear was on him in a flash.

After the soldier had been dealt with I met the bear's gaze and recognized Daniel's familiar brown eyes staring back at me. Gunfire rippled into Daniel's side and he fell to the ground with a loud groan. "Daniel," I gasped and ran to side. The four remaining soldiers grouped up and moved to form around a circle around the two of us.

"Fucking bitch," a tall scrawny fellow with black hair said putting his gun to my chest. I could taste the sexual energy pouring out from him and I nearly reached out to begin feeding, but I managed to stop myself. There really was no use, if I moved I was dead and I couldn't use my abilities on all of them at once. I closed my eyes and waiting for him to end it, but then nothing happened. There was a sudden growl and my eyes snapped open as all hell broke loose.

Somehow Daniel had gotten back to his feet and was once again on the offensive. I had to act quickly; in the shape he was in I doubted Daniel could keep up his attack for long. There was a blood curdling scream just before he tore into the throat of the nearest attacker. The remaining three opened fire and Daniel let out a loud roar as he fell back down to the ground. I didn't really think about what I did next, I just reacted. I jumped at the nearest soldier, which happened to be the tall skinny one from before, touched him on the cheek and felt his will drain away. In seconds he was mine and I didn't waste any time.

"Kill them" I commanded.

My new slave complied and started shooting at his companions. He took out the other two before either of them knew what was happening and just like that it was over

"Oh God," I muttered and fell to my knees in the snow beside an unconscious Daniel who had reverted back to his human form. He was completely naked and I could see that his side was covered in blood where the bullets had hit him. He was in bad shape and I was worried he would die. Abruptly, Daniel groaned and his eyes snapped open.

"The soldiers. What happened?" Daniel breathed weakly.

"They've been taken care of. Don't talk you need to preserve your strength," I muttered.

"Get your ass over here, numbnuts!" I growled at my bony ass thrall.

"Please talk, I think it'll help me keep my mind off the pain.. Tell me what happened," Daniel replied with a loud gasp.

"Take off your damn shirt," I said glaring back at the soldier when I noticed he had gotten close.

"Steagan ran off with Selina as a hostage," I said turning back to Daniel.

"Crap, I'm guessing you didn't catch up to him."

"No I did. I had him cornered, but he dropped Selina off a cliff ledge to distract me so he could get away," I muttered bitterly as I forced back tears.

"He got away?" he asked with more than a little touch of bitterness.

I nodded and Daniel growled. "Shit, what are you doing here? You need to find that bastard and bring him to justice."

"I'm not leaving you, Daniel. If you..." I trailed off tears cascading down my face. "If you died, I would never forgive myself."

"Trust me I'm not planning on dying anytime soon. Being unseen does have its advantages. I'm sure it looks pretty bad, but weres are much harder to kill than regular people. Beside if I die I don't want to go knowing that Steagan got away."

"Daniel--"

"Rachel, promise me."

"Alright, but if you die on me, I swear to god, I'll fucking kill you."

Daniel started to laugh, "I'll be especially careful not to die then."

I almost turned to leave, but on impulse I bent over and kissed Daniel on the lips. "I thought you didn't..." he muttered breathlessly.

I shook my head, "I'm still not sure it would be such a good idea. I just... I just thought one last kiss wouldn't hurt. Just in case..."

Daniel nodded in understanding, "In case I die."

"In case I do," I whispered softly.

"Hey you fucking pile of shit. Take that damn shirt and put pressure on the wound. Keep your eyes open if anyone shows up and they're a threat shoot their asses," I said turning to face the soldier.

"Rachel!" Daniel called as I turned to leave. "Be safe."

"I-I'll try. Goodbye Daniel," I muttered feeling for all the world as if I was giving him my final farewell.


I had only a vague idea of which direction Steagan may have gone, so I broke out into a run and really began to put on the speed. Time slipped by in a blur and I couldn't really tell how long I ran, but a part of me really wished it would never end. I could have kept running for hours without the need to halt, but I forced myself to come to a brief stop as I caught a blur of motion nearby, but it wasn't Steagan, it was Daniel's mother.

"Linda," I called.

"Rachel, thank God. " Linda breathed running over to me and throwing her arms around me.

"What are you doing here?"

"You don't think I'd just stand idly by when my son had been captured do you? What happened?" she asked

"God Linda, Daniel he's in rough shape."

"Rachel, where is he?"

"He's back that way," I muttered pointed back toward the clearing.

"I need you to take me to him, Rachel," Linda said quietly.

I shook my head, "Linda, I can't. I promised him I'd go after Steagan."

"Who?"

"He's the one behind this whole fucking mess. He killed Selina," I breathed.

"Selina's dead? Oh, Rachel I'm sorry."

"Look, I gotta go. I need to find Steagan before he gets away."

"And I'm coming with you," Linda said folding her arms across her chest.

"What about Daniel?"

I could see the conflict on Linda's face. "I can't let you go off alone, Rachel."

"But Daniel!" I protested.

"And if you die? I've seen the way my son looks at you."

"Fine, do you think you can track Steagan for me?"

"Sure if I knew his scent."

"Shit, well I can't..." I said and started to trail off. "Wait? What about cigarettes?"

"What about them?"

"He smokes; can you track him by the scent of the cigarettes?"

"Yeah, maybe," Linda said closing her eyes and then they suddenly snapped back open.

"Come on. This way," she said and broke into a run.

I hesitated only a few seconds then I burst into motion after her. She ran fast, but I had no trouble keeping up, in fact, I might even have been able to outpace her if I wanted too. She led me through the forest for several minutes and then we came to a brief stop as we caught sight of Steagan. I paused and watched him stumble through the trees, then without stopping to see if Linda were following I leapt back into motion and was on his heels in moments.

Without warning Steagan spun around and a hot stab of pain sliced across my left breast. I fell to the ground clasping at my chest in agony. I gritted my teeth against the pain and with a loud groan I moved my hand away from my breast and found blood on it. I looked down at my chest and found a huge gash across it.

"Bastard!" I spat glaring up at Steagan who held a combat knife in hand. Steagan drew his gun and trained it on me then carefully tucked the combat knife into his belt.

"No, tricks freak. You try anything and the succubus dies," Steagan said his eyes locked on Linda.

And with a flash of inspiration it came to me. I was sure I knew why Steagan had dropped Selina from the cliff rather than fire on me, he was out of bullets. There was no way to be sure, but I didn't really have much going for me. I wasn't going to let Selina's death be for nothing, Steagan would pay for what he had done. I was bleeding pretty badly and I knew that if I didn't act soon, I might not have the strength. So, I leapt to my feet and sprung my body at his legs. We went down in a tangle of limbs and I knew that he would soon over power me. So I latched my hand onto his crotch and I began to suck him dry.

A familiar, and oh so glorious stream of sexual energy poured out from Steagan and into me. I didn't need to unclothe him in my demon form; I fed right through the fabric of his pants. While it wasn't as filling as it might be had I let him fuck me, it still felt quite wondrous. Steagan fell unconscious and with a great deal of effort I stopped myself from taking anymore. I didn't want to kill him, oh no, I had a much more fitting punishment in mind for him.

"Rachel?" Linda said suddenly and I turned to face her.

Our eyes locked, Linda gasped and took a step back. I wondered what she saw in me that would cause her to react in that manner, but I decided it really didn't matter. I could see the sexual energy emanating from her, it wasn't very strong not like it would be coming from a man, but it was there. Briefly I contemplated feeding on her, but I shook my head and shoved those animalistic thoughts out of my head.

I ignored her and turned back to Steagan. This time I unzipped his pants and forced down the urge to feed. Just as I was about to pull open his boxer shorts, something gripped hold of my arm and moved it away. Linda had come over to me and wrapped her hand around my wrist. "Linda," I growled. "Let go."

"Are you sure this is what you want? Killing him won't bring Selina back," Linda said her eyes seeming to bore a hole into me.

"You don't understand. I don't plan on killing him. No, death is just an easy escape." I laughed bitterly.

"Rachel, you don't--"

"Let go, Linda!" I commanded glaring back at her.

For a wonder, Linda's hand loosened around my wrist and I didn't hesitate to act. I don't know if she would have tried to stop me had she known what I was about to do, but I didn't intend to give her time to puzzle it out. I latched my hand around Steagan's crotch and instead of feeding I began to send sexual energy pouring back into him. Every nerve in my body screamed at me to stop, but at the same time every instinct told me to keep at it. It was almost painful, in a way, giving up all that energy, but in many ways it felt almost as good as feeding. I gave him nearly everything I had, and then wrenched my hand away with a grunt of effort.

"Rachel, what did you do?" Linda muttered as I met her gaze. Her face had drained of all color and I was certain she already knew.

"I turned him. He's a succubus now he'll start changing soon," I sighed weakly. God, I felt so dizzy, how much blood had I lost? I tried to stand, but fell back to the ground in a crumpled heap. "Tell Daniel, I'm sorry," I muttered just before everything went black.


To be continued...

Comments, however short, are very much appreciated. If you liked this story please take a minute to leave a review. Criticism is welcome, but only when presented in a constructive and positive manner.

up
168 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

And thus...

We have the endgame of this story. It's a shame that it's coming to a close. I do hope you'll write another one when you're done with your other project. ^_^

Peace be with you and Blessed be

It's only 7 of 9,

there's bound to be at least one more twist in this excellent story! :-)

Well...

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Well if you're expecting a little more action you won't be disappointed. ;]


Have delightfully devious day,

7 of 9

Speaking of which, wouldn't it be appropriate if he ended up looking like Jeri Ryan as she appeared in ST: Voyager?

*taps Loki on the shoulder*

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Easy there, mister eager beaver! There's still two parts left!


Have delightfully devious day,

Chapter 6 (of 9)

Good chapter; it read quickly, got Archie renamed to Rachel, and determined that the Tenebris P's aren't Hunters per se. It also raised a number of questions.

What IS the Tenebris P's focus/goal in this?
What really happened to Selina?
Why didn't Selina just use the Succubus Mind Freeze on Stegan?
Aside from the liklihood that it is already written, how can this be finished in 3 chapters?
What's Linda's story, there seems to be more to her than being Daniel's mother.
Why, why, why did Rachel turn Stegan into a succubus? Another Wisteria, but different nutrient?

OK, I like it. Yet there are enough (I think) ongoing story lines to continue beyond this story's 9 chapters.

GinNC

Guessing answers to your questions. :-)

Q: Why didn't Selina just use the Succubus Mind Freeze on Stegan?
A: Well, she was drugged. Maybe she couldn't?

Q: Why, why, why did Rachel turn Stegan into a succubus?
A: She thought he hated unseen and killed Selina. What greater punishment than turning him into what he hates most? Also it likely makes him hunted by his old team, which has all kinds of possibilities.

Then we get to the real big one:
Q: What IS the Tenebris P's focus/goal in this?
A: Well, if it's not killing Unseen, they're almost certainly after power of some kind.
Guess1: As best we know, most Unseen can't be reliably made except for vampires and succubi. It wouldn't surprise me to learn they captured her with the specific aim of getting her to convert some of their (female?) members into succubi, with Daniel there for insurance.
Guess2: It could also be they need her alive for use as a sacrifice in some dark ritual.

Very interesting....

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Some nice theories. We'll just have to wait and see if you're right!


Have delightfully devious day,

q & a

Daniela Wolfe's picture

There's only 2 more parts this is part 7.

What IS the Tenebris P's focus/goal in this?
They do have their reason and those will be revealed very soon, I promise.

What really happened to Selina?
What you're not inferring she didn't die, are you?! *gasps*

Why didn't Selina just use the Succubus Mind Freeze on Stegan?
She was drugged and was incapable of coherent thought and thus incapable of using her powers.


Aside from the likelihood that it is already written, how can this be finished in 3 chapters?

It's two but who's counting? :P
Yes it's already written. I do however intend to write a sequel somewhere down the road.

What's Linda's story, there seems to be more to her than being Daniel's mother.
Hmmm... *shifty eyes*

Why, why, why did Rachel turn Stegan into a succubus? Another Wisteria, but different nutrient?
Revenge, pure and simple.


Have delightfully devious day,

Thanks

Thanks for all the answers/responses that you posted to the various comments.

Great series. Thanks for sharing with us.

Good!

Let him be hunted now!
hugs
Grover

Yes, I think....

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Yes, that would be appropriate! Wouldn't it?


Have delightfully devious day,

oohhh

exciting!!!

Revenge is fun!

Especially turning the boys into sex demonesses. :)

Hunger Pangs Part 7 of 9

She is not one to mess with!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I doubt it was a wise

I doubt it was a wise decision to turn a person like him. She just gave him the ability to spread that curse.

Thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

Thanks

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Thanks for reading and most especially commenting.

No, it probably wasn't a very good idea, but Rachel isn't exactly in a rational state of mind.


Have delightfully devious day,

Selina

I hope you didn’t kill Rachel’s mom

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna