Hunger Pangs Part 4 of 9

Printer-friendly version
hunger-pangs_xs.png
Hunger Pangs - Part 4 of 9

By Daniela A. Wolfe



Archie was an orphan who never suspected that there was anything out of the ordinary about himself. After bedding a beautiful stranger, he soon finds a strange hunger has awaken within him and learns he is anything but ordinary.


The following rant is brought to you by the demented mind of D.A.W.

Well this is my foray into the DarkRealms Universe, hopefully I can do it justice. Shout outs to Enemyoffun for creating this wonderful universe and for allowing me to write in it, Loki for allowing me to use several Cordays in his story and for his help and suggestions, and djkauf for the superb editing.

I conceived the basic idea for this story long-ago as a stand alone, but one day after reading one of EOF's DRU stories I was struck with the idea that it with a little bit of adjusting it would fit well into the Dark Realms Universe. I apologize in advance for the protagonist, he's a bit of an ass and he has a rather foul tongue.

As with all my stories this is a work of fiction and as such any resemblance to real life individuals events or locations is purely unintentional. Only Bigcloset Topshelf has permission to post this story.

WARNING: This story is much darker than what you will typically see from me. It has explicit content including, sex, scenes of rape, suicidal themes, and language. If any of these things offend you please read no further.

"They've found us," Daniel panted.

"How?" I demanded.

Daniel's eyes widened at the sight of me, "Archie?"

"How?" Selina repeated, giving me no opportunity to answer.

"I don't know, I barely managed to avoid being seen," he said with a shake of his head.

"Darrell!" Selina called back behind her then her eyes met mine and she said, "We're leaving."

Darrell came lumbering into view with that damned stupid ass grin on his scarred face and Selina smiled then patted him on the face, "Such a good boy."

Without another word we all piled out the front door and I got a look at the house for the first time. It looked almost as bad on the outside as it did on the in. It had faded green paint that was pealing all over the freaking place and the roof looked as if it were ready to cave in. The windows were all boarded up and judging from the loose boards around the door it had been at one point, too. I remembered seeing the place a while back when Daniel had dragged me along on a camping trip.

We followed Daniel around to the other side of the house and that's when our friends from the Tenebris Petentibus showed up. This time they weren't dressed in civilian garb, they wore full military fatigues, and bullet proof vests. I didn't know much about guns, but the weapons they carried looked like they might have been military grade.

"Come on," Daniel yelled motioning us forward.

We broke into a mad dash toward a copse of trees where I could just barely make out the outline of Stu's truck. "Darrell, cover us!" I heard Selina call out.

At the edge of my vision I saw Darrell swirling around with gun blazing. "Shit, we're not going to make it," I screamed.

"Here," Daniel said tossing me the keys to the truck.

"Where are you going?!" I called back at him.

"I'm going to buy you some time. Get out of here!" he yelled.

Then he turned around to join Darrell, suddenly fur sprouted out on his skin, his mouth elongated into a snout then the rest his body filled out and in his place was a very large and very angry looking bear. I kept on running for the truck until I heard Daniel growl and looked back. Shit, I'd have never thought a bear could move so fast. There was a grace to his movements that seemed at odds with his bulky bear form. He was a great brown blur as he tore into our attackers. Daniel ran straight into one of the guys and was on him in an instant, the man let out a blood curdling scream then Daniel tore open his throat with a massive clawed paw. Another was thrown the ground as Daniel tossed him aside like a rag doll.

"Come on," Selina said pulling on my arm.

"Shit," I muttered realizing that standing around in the middle of a gunfight probably wasn't a good idea even if the bad guys appeared to be using tranquilizer darts instead of real ammo.

I looked back one last time, and noticed a familiar looking gray-haired man standing a few yards away from all the fighting. He lifted a cigarette to his mouth and then his eyes locked on mine and he smiled. The smile held no warmth; it was cold and seemed to promise death. I shivered and turned away. Then with a start I realized why the man looked familiar, he was the fucking asshole who blew smoke in my face at Kona's the day before. Shit he probably had been speaking in code after all. I looked around hoping to spot his supposed son, but I didn't see him anywhere.

Selina motioned me onward with an expression of near panic on her face. I sprang into motion and let her lead me to where the truck was hidden.

We had almost reached the copse of trees when Selina suddenly dropped out of sight, I heard her scream, but before I found out what had happened ,a heavy weight slammed into my legs and I tumbled to the ground. Something had hold of me by the legs, I kicked at it desperately and my pants started to slip away from my waist. I crawled forward and felt them slide the rest of the way from my waist and legs. I was free! I tried to stand up on my feet, but a weight shot into me again and I collapsed back to the ground. "Fucking bitch," I heard a male voice growl.

I felt a pair of hands latch onto my right arm and I was flung onto my back. It was one of the attackers, he had a bloody gash across his forehead and in his hand and he held a wicked-looking switchblade poised over my heart. I recognized him as the man that Daniel had thrown aside. "Freak, I'm going to enjoy slitting your throat," he said and lunged at me.

I tried to hold him at bay, but my arms didn't have the strength they had before my change. Instead, I tried a different tactic; I kicked him in the fucking balls. His eyes grew to roughly the size of saucers and he dropped the blade with a loud groan. Vaguely I remember feeling the blade slide past my arm before the hunger kicked in.

"Not now," I screamed before I lost all sense of anything but my need for sustenance.

"You'll do nicely," I purred hungrily and started to unbuckle his belt.

He tried to resist, but I kissed him on the lips and his hands fell limply to his side and just like that he was under my spell. I pulled my shirt off and flung it aside and felt him reach for my tiny breasts. Faintly, I remembered hearing Daniel roaring and the sound of gunfire, but it didn't matter, I was about to feed. It was pretty damn cold, but I didn't notice or care as I pulled his pants away and within moments he had penetrated me.

There was a flash of pain in my crotch, and I thought that my insides would explode, but then the pain faded a bit and I started to feed. Pure white energy poured into me and I thought I might pass out from sheer pleasure. The first few times I had fed, it had drained out of the victim in a faint stream, now it poured into me like a rapid torrent and I howled with pure delight. He penetrated me again and again and each time I drew more energy until there was none left.

Then the hunger was gone and I was myself again. "Oh god," I muttered and stared down in horror. Quickly, I scrambled off the man and felt my stomach groan in protest. I turned my head and I vomited. The man's dead eyes stared back at me as if in accusation and I wanted to claw my eyes out. I had raped and killed him, and I hated myself for it. It didn't matter that he had been trying to kill me; I would have done it to anyone given the chance.

"Archie," Selina's soft voice said and I felt her hands on my shoulders.

I didn't look up at her; instead I reached for the knife and stared at it fixedly. It was a switchblade, the sort that a military man might carry. I thought of slitting my wrists right there and then, but I worried Selina might try to stop me. "He's fucking dead," I said clenching my fist around the handle of the knife.

"I know," her voice said.

"God, why can't I control it?!" I screamed.

"Once you get on a regular feeding schedule, it will get easier," she said sympathetically.

"Uh," Daniel's voice interrupted and I looked over to where he was standing. The ground around him was littered with corpses and I shuddered at the sight of all the bodies. The battle was over, and it appeared Darrell and Daniel had won. At least Daniel was alive, I don't think I could forgive myself if he died trying to save me.

I met Daniel's eyes which had grown wide and I realized he was staring at my chest. When he noticed me looking, his face turned beet red and his eyes quickly darted away. I looked down at my chest and gasped. My breasts were growing right before my eyes. They swelled up until I thought they might burst then they suddenly stopped, but that wasn't the end of it. I looked down and watched as changes rippled across my whole body. My waist narrowed, my hips widened, and my arms, legs and shoulders all changed. When it was all finished, I had the perfect hourglass figure. My body had curves in all the right places without being overweight or skinny. God, I had a figure to match Selina's except now I was just a tad shorter than her.

"Shit," I muttered.

"The changes have finished, the energy you just gained appears to have been enough to complete your transformation," Selina said with a sympathetic smile.

"Holy fucking shit! Damn, I need some clothes," I muttered feeling extremely self-conscious as I looked down at my very naked body. Not only that, my body was cold and wet, and I knew that if I didn't get warm soon I'd probably freeze to death.

"I'll help look," Daniel volunteered his eyes wandering over to my breasts. Again, he turned bright red and quickly turned away.

Selina found my pants almost immediately and I tore them out of her hands and quickly pulled them up my legs. They were a pretty wet and they didn't fit well at all since my waist was now too small to fit the pants properly so instead they hung uncomfortably around my hips. I had to roll them up as they were about four or five inches too long. Daniel found my shirt a few yards away, but it had a huge tear across the front which made it unfit to wear with any semblance of decency.

Daniel stared at my chest and this time it was me that blushed. I thought I would die from embarrassment just from the way he was looking at me. It was obvious he found me attractive, but there was also guilt on his face. I couldn't understand why at first, but it came to me after a moment. He felt guilty because he couldn't keep himself from looking. That sort of reaction was typical of Daniel.

"Let's just go. We can find something for me to wear later," I muttered folding my arms across my chest in a half-hearted attempt at modesty.

"No, I have an idea," Daniel said and suddenly pulled his shirt off and tossed it over to me.

"Daniel, I can't wear this," I said holding the shirt in front of me. "Fuck, it'll look like I'm wearing a dress."

"It will cover you," Selina chimed in.

She was right; I couldn't exactly go around without something to cover my chest. I may have been able to get away with that as guy, but with my new body that sort of thing was bound to cause trouble. In the cold, it wasn't exactly a good idea either. I quickly pulled the shirt over my head, and grimaced at the sight of the thing. It looked like I was wearing a damn tent.

"Hey what are you doing?!" I protested as Selina grabbed hold of the bottom of the shirt and started to twist it every which way then watched as she tied two ends of the shirt together. I'd seen women wearing shirts that way before, but I never expected to be doing it myself. The way in which Selina had tied it left a lot of skin exposed, but at least it covered those damn huge ass lumps sticking out from my chest.

"Let's get out of here," Daniel muttered and we were all quick to agree. As everyone turned to leave, I bent over to pick up the switchblade, retracted the blade and slipped it into my pocket.

Selina and I sat in the back this time, leaving Darrell and Daniel for the front. I guess she wasn't too worried about me trying to feed this time around. In truth I didn't feel the need to feed quite so strongly as I had so far. Although each time I looked at Daniel's shirtless chest I felt a faint stirring inside of me and the part of me that was concerned over such matters wondered absently how well feeding on him would satiate my hunger. I could feel the sexual energy pouring out of him and part of me wanted to fuck him there and then. I shuddered and pushed all thoughts of feeding on Daniel aside.

Daniel started the truck up, and he blasted the heater as he backed the truck out. The heat felt pretty damn good to my freezing body and I folded my cold hands under my armpits to help warm them. I looked one last time at all the corpses surroundings the house and realized something, Mr. Gray hair wasn't among the dead. I shivered, but kept my discovery to myself. I wasn't even sure anyone else had noticed him. There really was no call to worry anyone. I doubt he would cause us any trouble for the time being. He would be looking for us again, I was sure of that, but not alone. For now he wasn't a danger to us, and I didn't want Daniel wasting his time trying to find him. It was more important that we get away.

"There are some things I need to tell you," Selina said part way into the ride.

"I guess you do," I muttered. I didn't feel like talking, I hated what had happened to me, and I couldn't stand the thought of living as a succubus.

Selina seemed to hesitate, and she seemed on the verge of telling me something, but her mouth clamped shut and she looked as if she were about to cry. For the second time that day, I felt a strong urge to wrap my arms around her and tell her everything would be alright, but I batted the thoughts away and watched as she struggled to say whatever was on her mind. "There was a succubus I met once," she finally managed, "I was maybe twenty-one years ago or more. She confided in me in a moment of weakness. She told me she had just abandoned her infant son on the doorsteps of an orphanage."

I felt cold chills trickle down the back of my spine and I stared at Selina with my mouth hanging open. No, it couldn't be, could it? Then again how often did you hear of a child actually being dropped off at an orphanage like that? It wasn't something that happened very often in this day and age.

"Did she say where she left the child?" I asked feeling my stomach clench into knots.

"Somewhere in Virginia, I think," she said glancing at me as if to gauge my reaction.

"Oh god," I muttered. A part of me wanted to grill Selina for information, but the angry, resentful part of me won out.

"Shit, I don't give a flying fuck about her even if she was my mother. If she cared about me she should have at least given me a damn name," I said bitterly. "Can we talk about something else?

Selina's eyes widened a bit, but she nodded, "There are some things you'll need to know. Not just about being a succubus, but about being a woman."

"Can we talk about this later?" I asked. I didn't intend to talk about it ever, but Selina didn't need to know that.

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet; unsurprisingly I wasn't the only one in a dark mood. It took well over an hour to get back to town. It wasn't exactly the longest car ride I'd ever been on, but it felt like it would last an eternity. I was extremely self-conscious of my new body and Daniel kept glancing back at me through the rear view mirror. I'm sure he thought I wouldn't notice, but each time I was all too aware of his eyes on me. Darrell of course had his eyes on Selina the entire time, but that went without being said.

Near the end of the ride, I let myself become lost in my thoughts. No matter what anyone said, I didn't think I could bare living with the hunger. Selina claimed that if I were to keep on a regular feeding schedule I could control my urges, but the idea of having to live off people that way was abhorrent to me. My thoughts turned to the switchblade tucked in my pocket and I had to restrain myself from pulling it out. Soon I would get my chance.

"We're here," Daniel said suddenly snapping me out of my reverie.

'Here' turned out to be the home of Daniel's parents. I'd never actually been inside, but Daniel had pointed it to me a few times while driving through town. The home was large, not a mansion by any means, but it was about the size you'd expect from the upper-middle class.

"Daniel, why have you brought us here? I don't want to endanger your parents," I said with sigh.

"Don't worry, Mom and Dad can take care of themselves. Besides we'll be safer here with me and some of my cousins guarding the place," he grinned proudly back at me.

I groaned audibly, just what I needed, more people to die for me. I know these creeps had come into town searching for Selina, but they seemed just as willing to shoot at any one of us. Daniel had only gotten tangled up in this mess because of me and now he wanted to involve other people too. Hopefully, it wouldn't be a problem much longer.

We all piled out of the car and followed Daniel up to the doorsteps. I twitched nervously as he rang the doorbell. I'd met his parents a few times before and they were nice people, but I wasn't sure how they would react to seeing me in my new form. Hell if they recognized the shirt I was wearing as Daniel's they'd probably jump to the wrong conclusion.

A tall man muscular man with platinum-gray hair appeared at the door, and as always I was struck by just how much Daniel resembled his father. Aside from the obvious age difference, Donald (call me Don) Corday could have been Daniel's twin brother. Not only did they look alike, but they shared all the same mannerisms and even had similar personalities, except there was a certain tired wariness about Mr. Corday that Daniel didn't have or at least hadn't developed yet.

"Danny, thank god," Don said wrapping his arms around his son. "Your mother and I have been worried sick. The police say there was some sort of shooting at your apartment."

"Perhaps this discussion would be better held inside," Selina said casting furtive glances to the street and back to the house.

"Daniel what's going on? Are you in some sort of trouble?"

"She's right, it's probably better if we talk inside, Don," I added.

Don's eyes went wide when he met my gaze, but he nodded and cracked the door all the way open. Daniel's mother, Linda rushed up to Daniel and threw her arms around his midsection. She held on so tightly that I thought she might never let go, but after a few minutes Daniel was able to coax his mother's arms away.

Linda seemed to notice Selina, Darrell and me for the first time, and I couldn't help but feel self-conscious from the way her eyes seemed to linger on me. "Who are your friends?" Linda asked. It was a simple question, but there was just a touch of accusation veiled in her voice that made me want to scurry away and hide behind a rock.

"Mom, Dad, this is Selina and Darrel," he said motioning at each of them in turn. "And you remember Archie, my roommate, right?"

His parents exchanged odd looks, but nodded. "Well..." Daniel said trailing off looking as if he were trying to find the right words.

"I'm Archie," I cut in.

"I think we better sit down," Linda said with wide eyes.

Once we were seated on the loveseat and sofa, Darrell of course remained standing since Selina hadn't told him to sit. This warranted a few strange looks his way, but neither Don nor Linda commented on it. It was Daniel that started the ball rolling and began to tell what had happened. Selina joined in and together they were able to more or less piece together the whole story. I let them keep at it, and tried my best to look as innocuous as possible. I didn't much like the way Linda's eyes kept straying over to me, and I would just as soon draw as little attention to myself as possible.

When they told Don and Linda the reason behind my transformation, I wanted to run screaming from the room. It took all my willpower just to remain sitting and I thought Linda's gaze might bore a hole into me. The story took a while to tell, and they left a lot of the more graphic details out which I was glad for. I thought I might die of embarrassment if Don and Linda knew that I had tried to feed on their son. The silence that permeated the room when they were finished telling the story, was so thick I could have cut into it with the switchblade in my pocket.

Linda's gaze was now focused entirely on me, and I wanted to sink into the couch and become a part of it just to escape the look of appraisal she was giving me. "Poor dear," she said suddenly and I felt my eyes widen in surprise.

I had felt sure Linda was ready to strangle me, but her face only showed sympathy. Of course, that only seemed to make me feel even more self-conscious. I willed her to look away, but her eyes were like a pair of damn heat-seeking missiles they were relentless.

"What did you call these people that have been chasing after you?" Don asked absently stroking his chin.

I let out a sigh of relief when Linda's gaze left me to focus on her husband.

"The Tenebris Petentibus," Selina said as her eyes darted from me then to Linda.

"Latin isn't my strong suit, but it I think it means, Seekers of the Darkness," Daniel added.

Don and Linda exchanged sharp glances and they both mouthed the word "Hunters" and what sounded an awfully lot like "Order of the Sacred Heart" whatever the hell that meant.

"The Order of the Sacred Heart," Daniel repeated. "You don't think they're related do you? I mean Hunters can't be the only ones out there that hunt the unseen."

Don stood and began to pace back and forth, "This is troubling news, Danny. Related or not these Tenebris Petentibus pose a threat to Ravencrest and all the unseen living here, were, witch, and vampire alike. It doesn't bode well, not at all. Action must be taken, they risk destroying everything."

Weres, witches and vampires? Daniel seemed to have held back on some key information. Clearly Ravencrest was much more than the sleepy little college town it appeared to be on the surface.

"What are we going to do, Don?" Linda asked.

"I think I need to have a chat with Burt," he said walking over toward the front. "I'm sure he'll want to call together the Alphas, but this is too big for just the weres, we can't keep something like this from the Coven or even the girls of Delta Beta Zeta."

That seemed like an odd remark. What the hell did a college sorority have to do with weres, witches and vampires? I'm sure the Alphas had something to do with the weres, and it didn't take a genius to connect the Coven to witches, so maybe Delta Beta Zeta had something to do with vampires. Daniel had always seemed pretty insistent I stay away from them, but that didn't necessarily mean they were blood sucking monsters. A couple of them did have a sort of spooky air about them, but it seemed a bit of stretch to call them vampires. Beside I'd seen them walking around in broad daylight.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone. Whatever you do don't answer the door; I'll see to it that a few of Daniel's cousins are sent over. Whatever trouble has been brought on us, it's not over yet, not by a long shot," he said and just like that he was out the door.

"So, let's see about getting you four cleaned, fed and dressed," Linda said suddenly. Although she had spoken to all four of us, I had the feeling that her attentions were focused on me more than any of the others. I suppressed a groan, all I wanted was some time alone, but everyone seemed to be conspiring to keep me from doing just that. Of course, they didn't know what I intended, how could they?


To be continued...

Comments, however short, are very much appreciated. If you liked this story please take a minute to leave a review. Criticism is welcome, but only when presented in a constructive and positive manner.

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Changes

Archie still hasn't his changes, and I have a feeling that his new body may be either significantly tougher than his old one, heals much quicker, or both - rendering the switchblade of limited use. Hopefully sooner or later, he'll get over his depression and learn there are some perks to being a succubus in addition to the downsides of unexpected and unwanted gender flip and unusual feeding methods (you never know, he may end up receiving some useful advice from one of the DBZ girls, all of whom [bar one] have experienced a gender flip)...

Meanwhile, Grey Hair's still alive and his son is AWOL, so it looks as though there'll be more encounters with Tenebris Petentibus in the future...


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Archie will

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Archie has a very difficult path in front of him, but I'm sure he'll come out of it for the better. ;]

Oh, we will definitely see more of Gray-Hair, and 'Son' will make an appearance as well.


Have delightfully devious day,

Archie

Good chapter. The story was due for some activity that didn't involve "feeding", and you've opened the door by turning loose the Freak Police (post-apartment}. Book me a room at the Hotel Ravencrest, this looks to be an extended stay story. BTW, Archie might need a new name.

GinNC

Thanks

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Thanks. :D

Trust me, Archie will get a new name. *cough* part six *cough*


Have delightfully devious day,

Still as excellent as I remember...

Even if a few of the names have been changed. Looking forward to seeing the next chapter posted. *grin*

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Ladies and gentlemen

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Ladies and gentlemen: the story you just read is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Well not really, but I just had to make that reference after reading your comment...

Looking forward to posting the next chapter... :P


Have delightfully devious day,

Hunger Pangs Part 4 of 9

Seems as if Ravencrest needs an army of Unseen who protects the town.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine