Hunger Pangs Part 2 of 9

Printer-friendly version
hunger-pangs_xs.png
Hunger Pangs - Part 2 of 9

By Daniela A. Wolfe



Archie was an orphan who never suspected that there was anything out of the ordinary about himself. After bedding a beautiful stranger, he soon finds a strange hunger has awaken within him and learns he is anything but ordinary.


The following rant is brought to you by the demented mind of D.A.W.

Well, I originally didn't intend to post this just yet, but I decided to push this one out a bit early. The original plan was to post one part a week, but I'm now leaning towards two posts a week.

Once again, shout outs got to Enemyoffun for creating this wonderful universe and for allowing me to write in it, Loki for allowing me to use several Cordays in his story along with his help and suggestions, and djkauf for the superb editing.

I apologize in advance for the protagonist, he's a bit of an ass and he has a rather foul tongue.

As with all my stories this is a work of fiction and as such any resemblance to real life individuals events or locations is purely unintentional. Only Bigcloset Topshelf has permission to post this story.

WARNING: This story is much darker than what you will typically see from me. It has explicit content including, sex, scenes of rape, suicidal themes, and language. If any of these things offend you please read no further.

I groaned as the light to my bedroom flicked on. "Holy Fuck, it wasn't a dream," was the first thing out of my mouth.

"No," Selina said with sad smile. "It wasn't. I need to tell you something. It won't be easy for you to hear, but it cannot be helped."

I shook my head in a vain attempt to clear my thoughts. Why was I so tired? Why the Hell did I feel like I'd had the shit beat out of me? I felt weak, like I was sick or something. I had some strange recollections from last night, but they were jumbled and didn't make much sense. I vaguely remembered having sex with Selina and growing weak, but there didn't seem to be any reason for it.

"Uh, yeah okay," I muttered

"There is no easy way to say this so I'll just say it. I am a succubus; I feed on the sexual energies of men, and the occasional woman but they are never as filling as a male lover."

"A succubus? Uh, okay whatever," I said sitting up.

"I am telling the truth."

"Shit, this is a joke right? Who put you up to this?" I asked in disbelief.

"It is not a joke," she folded her arms across her naked breasts.

"Please just listen," she said before I could say anything. "I am a succubus and so are you."

"Okay," I said standing up and looked down at my naked body. I teetered on my feet. Shit, why was I so weak? It took a lot of effort, but I was able to stumble across the room where my pants and boxers lay in a heap. "I think it's time for you to leave."

"Listen to me!" She said throwing up her hands in frustration. "I knew there was something different about you when I found you last night. I thought it was because you were a virgin, but that wasn't it at all. You had so much pent up sexual energy I didn't realize it was because you were a succubus."

"Right, I'm a female sex demon. Did I sprout breasts last night when I wasn't looking?" I said looking down at my flat chest.

"Shit this is getting weird," I muttered as I pulled on my boxers and pants and reached over for my shirt which lay a few feet away. "I knew there was something odd about this whole thing. You're a fucking loon."

"Men!" she said angrily. "You are an orphan, right?"

"How the hell did you know that?!" I demanded angrily.

"Because almost all of us are! When a succubus gives birth to a child she abandons it. It is in our nature to wander and a child will only hinder our ability to feed," she said. "You are the offspring of a succubus and an incubus and by feeding on you I awoke the succubus within you."

"Okay, I really think it's time you leave. I don't know what sort of shit you're hopped up on but--"

There was a loud thud from somewhere in the apartment. What the hell was that? I, stopped to listen then moved across my room and poked my head out the door. Daniel was just passing my bedroom when several more thuds sounded from the front door of the apartment and it collapsed out of its frame.

I watched in disbelief as men wearing plain clothes and toting guns rushed into the apartment. I probably would have stayed there gaping if it hadn't been for Daniel. "Get out of here!" he growled then forced my head back through the door and slammed it shut behind me.

"They've come for me," Selina said, but my eyes remained on the door. I tried to force it back open, but Daniel must have put his weight against it because I couldn't get it to budge.

There was a scream from the other side and a something that almost sounded like a wild animal roaring. What the hell was that? I shook my head then turned around to find that Selina had somehow dressed herself in some of my clothes in the short time that I had been at the door.

"Shit," I muttered even wearing my clothes she looked smoking hot.

"We must leave," she said.

"I am not leaving Daniel to those people whoever the hell they are! He's the only friend I have!" I said shouting angrily.

Another roar and another scream came from the other side of the door. A rapid succession of dull thuds pounded into the door. I looked at it, and felt my heart sink. There was no way Daniel could survive not with those assholes shooting at him. I moved toward the window and a cold blast of wind blasted me in the face as I shoved it open. God, I wanted to make those assholes pay, but if I stayed I probably would die too.

"Shit, I don't know what you've gotten me involved in."

I kicked the screen out then helped Selina climb through. There was a bit of a drop to the snowy ground below, but Selina jumped through and landed effortlessly on her feet. Shit she made it look easy. I looked back at the door on more time, and watched wide-eyed as the door collapsed in the frame. Something big occupied the doorway; it stood on two massive paws, had a short nub of a tail, a thick coat of brown fur and looked for all the world like the rear end of a bear on its hind legs.

"What the hell?" I said and scurried out the window. It couldn't be what it looked like, could it? I tumbled to the ground and landed gracelessly in the cold wet snow below.

"Come," Selina said gripping my shoulder. "We must hurry."

'What the hell did I just see?' I thought to myself as I let her lead me away from the apartment window.

I stumbled and almost fell to my knees as we walked. Wondering, not for the first time, what the hell was wrong with me, I crawled back onto my feet and followed after Selina. Jumping out the window had taken a lot more out of me than I cared to admit. It took a lot of effort, but I managed to put one foot in front of another. Each step was harder, but I kept standing out of sheer stubbornness.

We hadn't walked very far when two thugs with tranquilizers guns appeared in front of us. "Don't move," said the one on the left, a brown-haired man.

Selina smiled seductively and took a few steps forward. "Why don't you boys put those weapons down and I can show you a good time."

The man on the right, a blond man with a scar running from left to cheek to just below his jaw line, let his gun fall to his side, but it lasted only a second and his weapon was once again pointed at Selina.

"Get down on the ground, freak," the one with the scar spat.

For a moment Selina's smile faltered, but when she fell to her knees it returned with a wicked cast to it. Her skin seemed to ripple taking on an almost purple color, a set of curled ram-like horns appeared on the side of her head a few inches above her ears and a pair of leathery bat wings shot out from her back tearing a big hole in the back of the shirt.

"Damn, that was my favorite shirt," I muttered. I know it was a weird thing to say under the circumstances, but it was the first thing that popped into my head.

Scarface's hands were shaking, "Don't move!" he yelled as Selina stood back on her feet.

If Selina had been attractive before, she seemed even more so after her transformation. Before she merely oozed sex from every pour, with her transformation she was sex defined. The bat-wings and the ram horns didn't detract from her appearance somehow they made her seem more alluring. She walked over to the two thugs and traced her hand across Scarface's cheek.

"Put the guns down," Selina said softly.

Scarface complied, but the brown-haired thug seemed more in control of himself. "I'm warning you!" he screamed.

"Kill him," Selina said with a pout of her lips. Scarface responded immediately, dropping the tranquilizer gun, he pulled a handgun from a holster under his jacket and shot his companion between the eyes.

"Very good," she purred with another seductive smile.

Scarface didn't say a word he merely stared at her chest with obvious lust on his face.

"Holy Hell," I said nearly hysterical.. "You really are a succubus!"

"Yes, I am," she said her smile faltering. For a brief moment a deep sadness seemed to pass across her face. For some reason I got this weird urge to go over and hug her and tell her everything would be alright. Then that look of sadness was gone from her face and sanity returned to me.

"You are a very good boy," she said glancing down at Scarface's crotch where he had a massive erection and lopsided grin on his face. "Maybe later you and I can have some fun. Take me to your car, and deal with your friends should any try to resist us."

"Come, Archibold," Selina commanded turning to follow Scarface.

Yeah right, like I was going anywhere with her. Not after what I had seen. Shit, she was just as dangerous if not more so than the thugs that had attacked us. "No," I say planting my feet firmly on the ground.

She stopped and motioned for the thug to stop as well. "Why?"

"Why?! After that shit you just pulled you need to ask why!?"

"You're far better off with me," she said. "If they get hold of you they will do worse than kill you. Even if you don't believe me about you being a succubus they'll kill you just to make sure you don't tell anyone what has happened here."

"No," I repeated, "I'll take my chances with them. How can I trust you?"

"If I wanted you any harm to come to you, you would be lying there on the ground in a puddle of your own blood," she said calmly. "Please Archie, you cannot survive without my help. I did what had to be done. I would gladly undo it if I could. If there had been any other way... Please, there is no time. If they don't know we've escaped yet they soon will." she said a pleading tone in her voice.

"Watch out," she screamed suddenly and I dove to the ground. Pain exploded on the top of my head and I reached up to feel blood trickling down my scalp.

"Take care of them, my lovely." I heard Selina say sweetly. For a few moments bullets whizzed overhead then everything fell dead silent.

"Get up," Selina said. "It's safe now."

"God damn you!" I screamed in fury. "Can't you see I've been shot?"

"Where?"

"My head, shit it hurts!" I yelled back at her.

Selina hands grasped my head and I heard her snort. "You were just barely grazed. You'll be fine. Please, we need to leave. There will be more of them soon."

I got back on my feet and grimaced, "Shit I need some damn Tylenol."

"Are you coming or not?" she asked already moving away from me.

"Damn, I'm probably going to regret this," I said, but moved to follow. I didn't trust Selina, but she hadn't tried to kill me, so I was probably better off with her than them.

"Take us to the car, dear," Selina said turning back to Scarface.

Scarface nodded and led us to a dark-blue SUV parked on the other side of the building. "Darrell, what the he--" A short man with close-cropped brown hair started to say, but was stopped short as 'Darrell' pumped bullets into his chest. Without even so much as blinking he pulled the dead man out of the car and killed the man in the driver's seat before he could pull his weapon from its holster.

"Collect their weapons and sit down in the passenger seat, my lovely," Selina said patting Darrell's cheek and smiling happily.

"Archie, can you drive, please?" Selina asked as Scarface bent over to collect the discarded weapons.

"Me?" I muttered in protest. "Why the fuck do you want me to drive?"

"Because our dear friend is too enthralled to focus on the road, and I need to maintain this form in order to keep hold of him," she said her wings twitching. "I think it best if I sit in the back where I cannot be seen."

"This is too freaking weird. God, I hope this is all a dream," I said with a shake of my head and walked around to the other side of the car.

I pulled the door open and the corpse in the driver's seat tumbled out of the car. I started dry heaving at the sight of the dead body. I turned my head away, but it was already too late. I vomited on the ground next to the corpse. There hadn't been much in my stomach so it was mostly bile. Shivering I stepped over the body and climbed into the car.

Selina hopped into the back and Darrell’s eyes followed her every move. The big thug had a huge grin on his face, and he turned back in his seat so he could keep his eyes on Selina. It creeped the hell out of me. "So where to?"

"After we find another car I think we need a place to hide. You're too exhausted to go very far or I'd recommend leaving town." Selina said leaning awkwardly forward from the back seat.

"Fuck! Why the hell do we need another car?" I muttered.

"Do you want to drive around in a stolen car owned by the people chasing us? If they have some means of tracking this car we'd be in a world of a trouble. Worse yet they could report it missing and we'll have the police after us too."

"Okay, okay I get your point. So what, we go steal another car?"

"Drive and I will tell you," she said.

"Right," I muttered as I turned the key in the ignition.

"Find an office parking lot," she said. "It's almost ten, most offices will be open for business," she said blandly.

"And?" I spat at her.

She shrugged, "And we steal a car. It will be several hours before anyone notices it’s missing. Long enough for us to find a place to hide and ditch the car."

We met no resistance as the SUV pulled out of the parking lot. "Okay, who the hell were those guys?" I asked after several moments of silence.

Selina sighed and shook her head, "I don't really know much about them to be honest. I know only that they call themselves the Tenebris Petentibus. A few months ago, they captured me, and did all sorts of things to me."

"Things? What sort of things?"

"Some sort of surgical experiments. There didn't seem to be any reason behind it all. They never explained themselves," she said with a shudder. "I managed to escape, and they've been chasing after me ever since. I thought I had lost them when I came to Ravencrest."

"Yeah well, you thought wrong and now I'm caught up in this mess," I growled staring back at her through the rear view mirror. "Shit, what did you say they called themselves?"

"The Tenebris Petentibus," Selina replied with downcast eyes.

"Sound like Latin, Daniel would have known what it meant," I muttered angrily. Daniel didn't look the type but he was minoring in linguistics and was a wiz when it came to languages.

"He's probably dead now thanks to you," I added with a growl.

"The muscular fellow you came into the club with? I wouldn't be so quick to count him out," she replied with a knowing smile.

"Yeah sure, those guys just let him walk out of the apartment," I replied my voice dripping with sarcasm. I slammed on the brakes as the light turned red. "Just give me one reason why I shouldn't get out of this car right now. I'm beginning to wonder if coming with you was such a good idea. You're a freaking sex demon for Christ sakes! How can I trust you?"

Selina shook her head, "I do not serve the devil, if he even exists, if that's what you're worried about. I do feed on sex, but believe me when I say I wish I didn't have too."

"And what about our friend?" I said jerking my head toward Darrell as the light turned green again.

"What exactly did you do to him anyway?" I asked slamming my foot down on the accelerator.

"He is a slave to my will," she said with a shrug.

"Well gee, that sure cleared things up didn't it?"

Selina sighed, "It is not an ability I am particularly fond of using. When I am in this form I can sometimes form a link between myself and a man. When I do so they become mindless thralls who will do anything to please me."

"Can you at least try and get some information out of him? I mean if he's a slave to your will like you say, can't you just ask him about his buddies?"

"He can no longer speak and the longer I keep my hold on him the more of his mind is lost," she said sadly.

I shuddered, "Shit, I'm glad you didn't use that on me."

"As I said it is not an ability I like to use. I only use it in dire circumstances and it only works on people with weak minds. Besides it wouldn't have worked on you."

"Oh, right. Because I'm supposed to be a Succubus too."

"Yes."

"Shit, and I'm supposed to just take your word for it? No offense, but that's a load of bullshit," I growled suddenly swerving into a parking lot.

"Will this place work or do you want to steal your car somewhere else?" I spat glaring at her through the rear view mirror.

"It will suffice," she said calmly as the SUV came to a stop.

"You know I've never stolen a car," I muttered.

"I have," she muttered with a shudder as her skin started to ripple and her horns and wings shrunk back into her skin and disappeared.

"What the hell are you doing? I thought you needed to stay like that to keep control of him!" I said yelling at her hysterically.

Darrell frowned then glanced at me for a moment, then that stupid grin returned to his face and he looked back at Selina.

"There is no cause for concern," she said as her changes completed. "He won't be a problem. He is mine now, no matter what form I am in."

"Well, that's reassuring," I muttered swinging the door open and hopped out of the car.

Besides still being really weak, I was starting to feel really odd. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but there was this strange need building inside of me. I didn't know what would satisfy it, but it was getting stronger by the minute. It was freezing cold out, but despite that I was sweating my ass off. My hands were shaking and I felt as if I might collapse from sheer exhaustion at any moment. My teeth started to chatter and I could feel a headache coming on.

"Archie, oh god, not now," Selina said somewhere nearby.

I blinked and shook my head trying to clear it, "What?"

"It's starting," she said, but it seemed as if she were speaking from really far off.

A small part of me wanted to ask what she meant, but that part of me was rapidly diminishing. What really mattered was my need and how I might fulfill it. I looked around and spotted Darrell and a slow smile crept across my face. Darrell had what I needed; maybe he would give it to me. I walked over to him and reached for his crotch. 'No!' something inside of me screamed. I quickly snatched my hand back and looked down at it disbelievingly and fell to my knees. What the hell was I doing? What had I almost done? The need was strong, but I couldn't let myself give in. The need continued to grow in me and I wasn't sure how much longer I could resist. I looked up at Darrell, at his erect crotch, and licked my lips. He had what I needed, why shouldn't I partake?

"Archie, no!" Selina said. "Not here!"

"Step off bitch. He's mine! I need what he has!" I growled jumping to my feet and rounding on her.

"No!" I screamed suddenly and fell back to my knees. No, no, no... My head was spinning, everything was wrong and I starting yelling at the top of my lungs. Distantly I remember hearing the sound of footsteps nearby, but it wasn't until the man grew close that it really registered.

"Miss, are you okay? Are these guys bothering you?" he said. He looked down at me with a disapproving thrown then over to Darrell with the same look.

I looked up at the newcomer. He had what I needed, he had lots of it. He was a big fellow, but if I acted quickly I might be able to pin him to the ground and get what I needed. I leapt at him and laughed with glee as we both fell to the ground in a heap. We struggled for a few moments, but in the end I managed to reach for his pants and unzip them. For some reason his dick was limp, a part of me, a very small part now, was happy about this. The rest of me howled with rage then I reached inside of myself and it was like I flicked on a switch.

A stupid grin formed on the man's face and I laughed triumphantly as I wrapped my hand around his now erect appendage and began to suck what I needed from him. God, it felt so good! I could never have imagined anything feeling so invigorating. Why hadn't I done it sooner? His energy filled me up and I laughed from the sheer ecstasy, but something was missing. It wasn't enough. There had to be a better way to get what I needed. He stopped struggling and I think he must have passed out, but I continued to drain him.

Suddenly, I was being pulled away and I screaming in rage. "Let go!"

"Archie," Selina said. "Please you have to snap out of it. I promise I will let you feed when we are somewhere safe."

"You don't understand," I said with a sob. "He has what I need! Why won't you let me have it!"

Something slammed into my face and I thought I might black out, then suddenly everything snapped back into focus and I gasped. "Shit," I muttered feeling bile rise in my throat. "What the hell did you do to me?"

"I slapped you," she said staring at me blandly. "Darrell, my sweet let him down."

Darrell let go of me and I fell to the ground. "God that hurt," I groaned.

"What is happening to me?" I said curling up into a fetal position.

"I'm sorry Archie, I really am, I tried to tell you that you were a succubus," she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Fuck, I practically raped that I guy," I said with a shudder.

"You nearly drained him dry, he will wake feeling extremely weak and in all likelihood have no memory of what happened. No lasting harm has been done to him," she said with a sympathetic look on her face.

"Is that what you tell yourself to make you feel better about preying on people?" I said between gritted teeth

"Please we need to go, they could--"

"No! I don't want to be like you! Just leave me to die!" I screamed in rage and misery.

"Please, Archie," she said practically begging me.

"No!"

"Darrell, pick him back up. If he won't come willingly then we'll have to do it the hard way," she said sadly.

Darrell bent over and locked a huge arm around my waist then he lifted me up and draped me over a shoulder like a sack of flour. I tried to resist, but it was to no avail, Darrell was just too damn strong. I tried to kick and punch him, but the blows didn't seem to have any effect at all.

"Put him down," a voice said suddenly and stared in shock at the person holding a gun just a few feet away.


To be continued...

Comments, however short, are very much appreciated. If you liked this story please take a minute to leave a review. Criticism is welcome, but only when presented in a constructive and positive manner.

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Still following.

Well, I'm still reading this story. Seems our little Archiebald is heading for no end of adventure.

Thanks.

Bev.

bev_1.jpg

You could certainly...

Daniela Wolfe's picture

You could certainly say that... ;]


Have delightfully devious day,

Good story

Despite all your warnings, I still find this a good read. Selena's dry wit and handling of the situations leaves me chuckliing at times.

Looking for more.

Hugs,
Erica

Thank you

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Glad to see that my attempt at injecting a modicum of humor into the story hasn't gone unnoticed.


Have delightfully devious day,

Archie

Well, at least someone seems to have an idea the unseen exits. I'm sure someone will translate that Latin. :) This isn't going to be easy!
hugs
Grover

that Latin

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Indeed, that Latin will be translated. :P


Have delightfully devious day,

Translations...

It took me awhile and I will let others more versed in Latin figure out the actual meanings.

Tenebris is Dative or Ablative plural for tenebra.
1. (Plural) Darkness, Shadow, Gloom or Obscurity.

2. Ignorance

3. Concealment

Petentibus is Dative or Ablative plural for Petens.
1. Desiring

2. Attacking

From my days of playing Asheron's Call, I had a feeling on tenebris having to do with darkness and shadow.

Very close

Daniela Wolfe's picture

You are spot on with your hunch on Tenebris. I used google translate and a little input from a real-life friend to come up with the name. Hopefully I didn't slaughter the Latin too badly. You're close with Petentibus, but there's another meaning that I was going for.


Have delightfully devious day,

Petentibus

Yeah, I had a hard time with that one. I was not really happy with the translation that I found.

edit: After a little more research I find: to seek. This gives a possible of Seekers of Shadows or Seekers of Darkness. At a guess, I would say that this organization is diametrically opposite of any of the Hunter organizations in that they are not looking to destroy but to learn the secrets of the Unseen and apply it to themselves for their own selfish reasons.

We shall see

Daniela Wolfe's picture

*grins innocently*

You'll just have to wait to find out ;]


Have delightfully devious day,

Archie

Archie seems stupid. Where is his self preservation instinct. OK, he has seen some weird stuff, he is feeling and acting kind of weird and the whole situation has him off balance but if someone was shooting at me, I would get the hell out of there and ask questions later. The pity party and freak out in the middle of running away from the guys with guns just doesn't seem natural. Even scared out of your mind your instinct should be flight.

He also refuses to suspend belief and accept reality even when presented with evidence practically thrown in his face. Sure, Selina at first take seems like a flake but she actually changed form in front of him and was offering to help him understand what was happening. Even the apparent bear standing where Daniel had been seems to just have been ignored.

Maybe, I'm wrong, Darwinism may be alive and well and Archie is one of the prize winners.

Ill admit that I've seen some horrific accidents, guns shots, carnage, a few autopsies and several surgeries and that the first few are rough. I found something else to do when I got to the trauma junkie point of looking forward to the next vehicle accident, the next bit of gore. It's getting bad when you start sizing up people walking by and betting you can get a stick, IV needle, in X number of tries.

I'm not a Rambo and was never in the military. I know some on here served and have seen some things they want to forget and can't. I don't know how I would react to being in combat and being spattered with the blood and guts of someone. Before my medical experience it might have been horrifying. I would like to think I wouldn't pick something up and analyze what it was.

I don't play video games but I do read a lot of survival material and I would think the best course is run to defensible ground, gather intelligence, arm up and be prepared to meet the enemy. Be prepared to react and adapt to an obviously fluid situation.

George S. Patton said it best, "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his".

Overall, I enjoy these DarkRealms Universe stories, this one included so far. I almost feel that I'm watching The Last Starfighter with Selina as Grig and Archie as Alex Rogan. It's Archie saying, "Teriffic. I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax".

I think that once Selina gets Archie away and he has time to think, reflect and accept his situation that he, like our hero in The Last Starfighter, will finally find himself, gather allies much like Cindy did in Maggie Finson's Singing to the Moon story and kick ass.

I have my reasons...

Daniela Wolfe's picture

I have my reasons for depicted Archie the way I did. I'm sure you'll be pleased with how he turns out. It might just take him a while to get there. :)


Have delightfully devious day,

Archie's reactions

Bear in mind he'd been drained of energy at the time, and given the hunger pangs he started experiencing later on, his brain was probably already starting to reconfigure itself. With the author's hint that Archie will presumably eventually become more likeable... it's not often you get a story where Bad Boy to Good Girl and Good Boy to Bad Girl can both apply to the same character at the same time :D


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

You might

Daniela Wolfe's picture

You could say that xD


Have delightfully devious day,

Gahhhh!!! :O

How in the world did I miss the posting of part 1?!? My bad on that, DAW. Both are great chapters and I'm looking forward to the other seven. ^_^

Poor Daniel getting left behind like that. What-ever shall happen to him?

Peace be with you and Blessed be

That's what you get

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Tsk tsk tsk... How did you miss it? ;P

As for Daniel we'll just have to wait and see.


Have delightfully devious day,

Hunger Pangs Part 2 of 9

Will she look like her mother?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine