I Am Not a Girl

Printer-friendly version

I am Not a Girl

The Story of Alex

I don’t look like a girl! Do I? Alex asked his mirror.

This adventure is told in four chapters.

Rights reserved by author, permission granted to Big Closet

~o~O~o~

Synopsis

Alex Winslow our protagonist is your typical teenaged target victimized by the jungle otherwise known as the local school district. As in most stories of this type the author decided to focus on the inner conflict. Rather than the frequent story where parents fight the school district to allow their child to attend as a girl a different direction is attempted. There will be no homophobic attacks by redneck types. No angry jocks committing physical violence against our heroine.

Instead we ask the question what if. What if Alex does not want to be a girl? What if his family relocates for reasons that have nothing to do with this issue. What if because of his affliction everyone assumes he is a girl? What if he discovers this mistake means the bullies leave him alone and he goes along with it? What if his parents are in denial and refuse treatment due to religious beliefs? What if his bonding with best friends forever begin to change his outlook?

This is an examination of possible internal conflict rather than external. Because every story needs conflict. This is presented in four chapters approximately the same length as My Magic PDA The first three chapters are complete and the fourth is in proofing. Hope to get the first chapter up by tomorrow August 27. With the rest to follow in short order.

Will try not to bore you with more hints. The goal is to not produce something that has been done to death. Too many fine writers here to simply redo what has already been done. Who knows when the next story will occur.

Outline

Chapter 1 Digging Deeper

It bothered him every time other students teased him. It bothered him when he found puffy growth on his chest. It bothered him when he seemed to not grow. It bothered him a lot to the extent he could not wait to escape to a new town.

Chapter 2 Charting The Course

Alex had dug himself a deep hole. He could no longer navigate without a plan. A plan would be beyond his ability to craft. He had to enlist help.

Chapter 3 Struggle

Mother has discovered Alex’s secret how will she react?

Chapter 4 Acceptance

Alex comes to terms with the changes.

up
94 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you,

ALISON

'sounds as if this could be interesting,looking forward to reading it.

ALISON

This sounds very

This sounds very interesting...

Can't wait to read the finished story.

Thank you for writing,

Beyogi

Sounds interesting

Especially this part:

What if his parents are in denial and refuse treatment due to religious beliefs?

it will be interesting to see how the religious angle is played, since, on the one hand, you have the misquoted (and misapplied) passages from Leviticus and on the other, you have the "faith in god" for healing and prayer side. Sounds like a very dichotomic situation. Good luck and I look forward to an interesting read!

Hugs
Diana

I Am Not a Girl

Sounds like a winner.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine