Why Me? Part 3

Printer-friendly version
Why Me?

by Tanya Allan

 
Chris Drewett, a teenage transsexual, is caught dressing in his sister’s clothes by his mother. Faced with a problem she can’t deal with, she turns to her sister-in law, a doctor who practices nearby, and she starts Chris on an amazing and very surprising journey.

A gentle tale of teenage angst and discovery, and of relationships and conflicts. Where sexual awakenings cause confusion and tears as well as joy and lasting friendships.


Tanya has a new website where she will display her latest works first and then to BigCloset TopShelf a few weeks later is here at Tanya Allan's Tales .
Tanya's Book Shop where she is selling her works in book form is at http://tanyaallan.authorshaunt.com/shop.php . Please Visit!


 
The Legal Stuff: Why Me?  © 2009,2010 Tanya Allan
 
This work is the property of the author, and the author retains full copyright, in relation to printed material, whether on paper or electronically. Any adaptation of the whole or part of the material for broadcast by radio, TV, or for stage plays or film, is the right of the author unless negotiated through legal contract. Permission is granted for it to be copied and read by individuals, and for no other purpose. Any commercial use by anyone other than the author is strictly prohibited, and may only be posted to free sites with the express permission of the author.
 
This work is fictitious, and any similarities to any persons, alive or dead, are purely coincidental. Mention is made of persons in public life only for the purposes of realism, and for that reason alone. Certain licence is taken in respect of medical procedures, terms and conditions, and the author does not claim to be the fount of all knowledge.
 
The author accepts the right of the individual to hold his/her (or whatever) own political, religious and social views, and there is no intention to deliberately offend anyone. If you wish to take offence, that is your problem.

 
This is only a story, and it contains adult material, which includes sex and intimate descriptive details pertaining to genitalia. If this is likely to offend, then don’t read it.
 
Please enjoy.
Tanya

 
 

Part 3

 
 
 
Chapter 5
 
 
The following week I was allowed to start swimming again, and Louise joined me. The school had a nice indoor pool, which had been donated to the school by a generous old boy.

It was twenty-five yards long and had five lanes. I wore my new black one-piece Speedo swimsuit, and was delighted to get back into some exercise. I practised my racing turns, and tried to improve my timings.

I was quite unfit, so just worked hard to build up my fitness levels. I was standing at the side of the pool, teaching Louise how to do the racing turn when Miss Bawdrey, the PT teacher came over.

“Well, well. Look at you. It is a wonder anyone could have mistaken you for a boy.”

I looked down at myself, and saw what she meant. I had a very feminine figure, with a narrow waist, and wider across the bum, which was still slim, just female. My breasts were still growing and I was now a B cup.

“I was fine until puberty hit,” I said.

“Let’s see you swim. I remember you won the cup last year.”

I went and put my swimming cap back on, dived in and swam four lengths fast front crawl, with three racing turns perfectly executed.

I stopped at the end of the fourth, and got my breath back.

She had been timing me.

“I’m impressed, you swim beautifully. Wouldn’t it be lovely to beat all the school records next summer, and do it as a girl?”

I grinned, as she had given me a tremendous goal.

She gave me some pointers as regards my swimming techniques, and left me to practice. She then took Louise in hand, and found someone who needed a lot of help.

Later, we were in the girls’ changing room. It was much smaller than the boys’ room, as it was rare for girls to use the pool in any numbers.

I stripped off and had a shower, while Louise was in the other shower stall. She was a little plumper than I, and yet I was slightly larger in the boob department. I caught her looking at my naked body.

“Did they really think you were a boy?” she asked.

“Yup. Everyone did, even me.”

“I can’t see how. You are so pretty, and your figure is perfect. I don’t see how anyone could make that sort of mistake.”

“I suppose that before my hormones started, my shape was the same as everyone else’s, but I knew in my heart that I wasn’t really a boy, despite what my body said.”

“What was it like, I mean, being a girl in a boy’s body?”

“Horrible, but I’m really happy now.”

“God, you must be such a strong person to have managed here like that. So what happened with Douglas Evans the other day?”

“Well, I think Douglas actually got a little confused. I was sufficiently girly for him to notice me, and I think he fancied me, so he got worried that he might be a bit gay. It made him angry, so he took it out on me. We’ve sorted that out now, and he isn’t gay.”

“Is he your boyfriend?”

I stepped out of the shower, and wrapped myself in my towel.

“What makes you say that?”

“It is just the way he looks at you. He waits for you to look at him, and when you smile at him he goes all gooey.” I smiled. “He is a friend now, as are most of them, and as they are all boys, it is kinda nice, isn’t it?”

She laughed.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” I asked.

“Not yet. Dad only started here this term, and I was due to start at the local high school. But they gave us the free offer of a year here, so I took it. I quite like Andy,” she said, shyly.

“Bruce is my best friend from way back, and I know he fancies me. But Douglas is rather hunky, and little Will makes me laugh,” I said, and Louise laughed.

“It is like having a harem of boys.”

“What’s wrong with that? I can live with it,” I said, and got dressed.
 
 
We had English after games, and Mr Harris was going to nominate the cast. I was the only one to have a part, and Louise was immediately given the other main female role.

“Now, we have all been reading this for four weeks, and we have eight weeks to go before the three performances. I think I have made my mind up, so, Bruce, I want you to play the Gang leader who gets shot. Will, you’re the killer, and Andy, you are the gang leader who takes over.”

He then gave out all the parts, except the lead role as the policeman. I caught Douglas’s eye. He had not been given a part.

“Douglas, I want you to play the cop, now you have to pretend to love Christina, do you think you can manage that?” he asked, as our rift was well known to staff and pupils alike. Our new friendship was only known to a few.

“OOOOOH!” came from the other class mates, with lots of kissing noises. I was watching Douglas, as he went red and grinned.
Bruce looked jealous, so I knew that I was already causing friction.

“I think I could manage to PRETEND to like Miss Drewett,” Douglas said, trying to hold back his grin.

“No Evans, you have to act that you are in love with Miss Drewett’s character. It is very different.”

“I’ll do it sir,” said Bruce.

“No, me, me!” said Will, and then everyone started.

I stared at Douglas. He returned the stare, smiling, and my heart had a little flutter. He didn’t have to act, the poor fool.

“I can do that, sir,” Douglas said, very confidently.

“Good, then let’s all take our own roles, and we will start with a read through. If you can do the accent, then try, Christina, yours is Deep South, so do your best.”

“Why sah, it’ll sure be a pleasure. How are y’all?” I said. I had been practicing by watching Gone with the Wind over and over again.

“Very good, now read with the accent,” Mr Harris said with a smile.

The first reading was pretty dreadful, as the accents were terrible. But it was enormous fun, and we all laughed a lot. When Douglas and I got to the slightly romantic scenes, the kissing noises were tremendous, and we both went very red as we struggle through the catcalls.

The bell went, and Mr Harris asked us to practice our lines whenever we could. He also gave us some reading for our common entrance comprehension exercises.

We went back to the main school for tea. Douglas was waiting for me when I came out of the dining hall. Prefects had to supervise prep period after tea, and I was the junior form prefect. Douglas was deputy head boy, so he got a senior form.

“Christina, if we get some others to sit in for us, do you fancy going over our lines?”

“Are you going to be nice to me?” I teased.

He went red. “Of course.”

I immediately felt guilty, and touched his arm. He looked at my hand.

“I’m sorry, that was bitchy and uncalled for. Yeah, that sounds fun.”

We arranged substitutes and went to the deserted library, and sat close to each other down on the big leather sofa at the end.

We only read our parts, helping by reading other parts that led into ours. We found it hard sitting down, so we stood up, if that was in the script.

He actually had a very keen ear for accents, and his accent was very good. He was able to give me hints to help me with mine, and I found he was right.

Our first meeting was in the nightclub, just after Luigi Casanoli had been shot.
 
 
Lt. Hudson: Did you see what happened?
Lulubelle : Ah (I) might have!
Lt.: It’s important!
L’belle: So is staying alive, honey.
Lt.: I can protect you.
L’belle: Sugar, you ain’t the US Army, and they can’t protect me from the Casanoli’s!
Lt.: No ma’am, I am better that the US Army! I ain’t lost a witness yet.
L’belle: I heard a shot, and when I turned round, there he was, lying bleedin’ all over my clean floor!
Lt.: I get a feeling there is more that you ain’t telling’ me?
L’belle: Why, sugar, you callin’ me a liar?
Lt.: No ma’am. Just a frightened girl, who wants to stay alive.
L’belle: So, what’s in it for me?
Lt.: You get to live and I get to lock away some killers.
L’belle: I tell you what, let me think about it, and if my memory returns, I’ll call you.
Lt.: I’d be obliged, ma’am. Don’t leave it too long, that’s all I ask.
L’belle: Why Lootenant Hudson, are you worried about l’il ol’ me?
Lt.: I worry about any beautiful dame in trouble. Here’s my card, call me.

Lt. exits.
 
 
I stared at Douglas, as we had read it perfectly, accents and everything. He grinned at me.

“That was better than this afternoon,” he said and I nodded in agreement.

We moved onto the next bit. We were fine, until the second last scene together. This was the one when Lulubelle goes to the police station, and tells Hudson the truth. It was then that they realised that they loved each other, and it is just before she is kidnapped by the killer, who then takes her to the warehouse.
 
 
Lt.: Miss Lafayette. What can I do for you?
L’belle: Lootenant, why don’t y’all call me Belle, all my friends do?
Lt.: Okay, why are you here, Belle?
L’belle: I bin thinkin’, now y’all will say that’s a mighty dangerous thing for a gal to go an’ do, but I see you were right. I need to tell you a few things.
 
 
The scene progressed, to when she breaks down in tears because she has been threatened and is very frightened, so he comforts her by holding her close. They end up kissing.
 
 
We found we got caught up in the scene, and before either of us knew what was happening, he was holding me in his arms. We both were holding our scripts, and we looked at each other when the directions simply said, the couple kiss.

“Well, come on then, kiss me,” I said.

“How?”

“Have you never kissed a girl?”

He went red.

I smiled, taking hold of the sides of his head with my hands. His left arm was still round my waist.

I pulled his head down towards mine, tilting my head so our lips met. I let my tongue just touch his lips and he parted them for me. I gently probed with my tongue, and heard a crash as our scripts hit the floor!

The kiss went on and on. His tongue suddenly got the idea, and he learned very fast! Kissing Bruce had been fun, but kissing Douglas was something else. I went weak at the knees and got that tingly feeling again, but this time, my nipples started to harden, and I felt strange between my legs. So much so, that I was the one to break off.

He looked at me, with a very tender expression on his face.

“There, that’s how to kiss,” I said, as calmly as I could, but my heart was racing.

“Can I try that again, I don’t think I quite got it,” he said, with a smile.

Before I could react, he had pulled me towards him, and we were kissing again. But this time, he was really in charge, as
I found myself no longer in control. We were pressed together as tightly as we could get, and I felt his hardness pressing against me, through our clothes.

He broke off and stood looking at me, panting slightly and looking embarrassed.

“Where did you learn to kiss like that?” he asked.

“Ohh, that is my secret. Mind you, you aren’t exactly a slow learner.”

“Was that an act, or what?” he asked.

“Or what, I think. I’m not that good an actress.”

He nodded.

“Shit, Christina, I’ve never felt this way before.”

“Your first kiss, hey?”

“Yes, my first kiss. That was amazing!”

“It was just a kiss,” I said, and he looked immediately depressed. So I smiled and took his hand.

“But, you made my knickers damp,” I said, and he looked shocked.

“Don’t look like that. I felt you, I know exactly how you reacted, and I did the same, but as a girl does.”

“Oh!” he said, and went red.

The last scene had another kiss after the fight, and the curtain fell on our embrace. So we practiced that one as well! By the end of prep we had kissing down to a ‘T’.”

We sat down on the sofa, very conscious of the fact we were touching. Something had happened to us and I was confused. We chatted for a while, mostly I chatted and he listened. I told him all about what had happened to me, and he just asked an occasional question. His mind was not really with it, so I asked him what was wrong.

“Nothing’s wrong. I just am having feelings that I don’t understand.”

“Like what?” I asked.

“Like I want to be with you all the time, I like hearing your voice, and smelling your hair. I feel so guilty for all the nasty things I said and did to you. Because now I love it when you touch me, and I want to hold you in my arms and kiss you again. I feel that I don’t deserve you.”

I looked at him, and was even more confused. Because I felt similar feelings!

“Shit, Doug, what do we do?”

He shrugged.

“You are the expert in pretending, can we pretend we don’t care?”

I shook my head.

“I fooled no one. You even fancied me when you thought I was a boy.”

“I more than fancy you now,” he said, and looked down, embarrassed.

“Yeah, ditto,” I said, and he looked up and grinned.

“What, you fancy me?”

“No, I get damp knickers with every boy. Of course I do, you daft git. I just don’t know what we can do about it.”

“Nothing. We just go on as usual. We’d get into real trouble if anyone found out.”

“Okay, but maybe we could take a little time by ourselves, and work out what we do feel,” I said.

We heard the thunder of feet, and knew that our moment was over. I quickly kissed his cheek, and left him staring after me.
 
 
I wanted to tell someone, but couldn’t, as the risks were great in my mind, and yet really we had done nothing wrong. We were two young pubescent people, learning what it is to feel emotive and sexual feelings towards each other. I lay awake for ages that night, just remembering how I felt when he kissed me. My boobs ached, and in my naivety I believed it was because of him.
 
 
The next morning I realised that I was now a grown-up woman, as far as my body was concerned at any rate. I had some spots of blood on my sheet, and had to go to Matron and ask from some help.

She hooted with laughter, as she had been a prep-school matron for twenty years and I was her first period.

My tummy ached a little, and I felt bloated and fat. I was miserable during the day, and I wished my Mum was here. But I was still much happier than I had been as a boy.

I was obviously not my usual self, because everyone kept asking what was the matter with me. I kept saying nothing was, until Bruce drove me over the edge with his worried face and silly bloody questions.

“Look Bruce, I am having a period, so I feel like shit. But it is normal, and happens to all women, so please fuck off and leave me to be a miserable cow by myself.”

I stormed off, leaving him with a hurt expression.

Shit, another one to make up to later.
 
 
It lasted five days, and by the end of it I noticed everyone avoided me. This made me giggle, and so in the form room, I stood on my desk and made an announcement.

“Louise and boys. I can formally announce that my period is over, and I would like to rejoin the human race. If I have been a bitch over the last five days, tough. Get used to it, but I am not like that all the time. If I have hurt anyone’s feelings, particularly Bruce’s, then I am sorry, and hopefully, in twenty-eight days time you will learn to avoid me for about five days. It was nothing personal, but I reserve the right to be a cow when I’m on.”

I then got down, and there was much laughter. Even Bruce came over and I kissed his cheek to say sorry.

Doug looked daggers at Bruce, and I knew that both boys were getting rather too possessive of me.
 
 
The days became shorter and the weather became colder and wetter. November came and went, and Louise and I were often at the touchline shouting for our boys. Louise and Andy sort of drifted together, as much as twelve year olds can. I was still torn. I liked Bruce because of his loyalty, and Doug because he was hunky. However, I did not want to have to choose one over the other, as I wanted to keep both as friends.

Sex is such a sod. I thought. If it weren’t for my gender, there would be no problem, but then again, if it weren’t for my gender, I wouldn’t have the attention in the first place.

In all my lessons I was working really hard, and was more that satisfied with my work.

Mr Harris started getting us into the hall, which doubled as the theatre, and we began to rehearse the moving about as well as the lines. Mary Rogers was in charge of the costumes, and Louise and I were kitted out with some lovely 1920’s style flapper dresses. Louise played a funny waitress in the nightclub that I sang in, and I was given a long white silk dress, which was absolutely the business.

In these rehearsals, Doug and I avoided the kissing bits, by just having a quick peck on the lips.

“No, no, no! That is not how to kiss the woman you love. For goodness sakes boy, kiss her as if you mean it,” said Mr Harris.

We looked at each other and smiled. Then we kissed.

After ten seconds I forgot that we were being watched, and after twenty seconds, I was ready to lie down for him. At thirty seconds, Mr Harris almost had to prise us apart.

“Enough! Bloody hell boy, if it is not one thing, it’s another. Christina, don’t look as if you enjoyed that so much,” Mr Harris said, with a rueful smile.

“Sorry sir,” I said, grinning.

“Right, ten seconds is too long, so that one at twenty five was wholly inappropriate. Five seconds will be fine. Try again.”

It took us several practises to get it right. And it was fun trying.

“I swear you two are mucking this up on purpose,” Mr Harris said, and there was much general laughter.

We reached the stage whereby dress rehearsals were planned, and posters for the play started going up around the school. There were only three weeks left of term, and the play was to be performed over three days leading up to the last weekend. The Thursday was for the school, while the Friday and Saturday were for guests and parents. There was the Carol service on the Sunday, and then it was the end of term.

For the first time in my life, I was actually very happy at school, but wasn’t really looking forward to the holidays, as Rob was going to be at home, so I was dreading meeting him again.

Finally, the Thursday performance was upon us, and the curtain rose. I was very nervous, as I was in the first scene, singing in the busy nightclub. I had the long white dress on, which I adored, wearing shoes with three-inch high heels, and was rather overly made up. I wore long white gloves that came up almost to my armpits, so I felt one hundred percent vamp.

The play went down well, and because it was in front of the school, a certain amount of ad-libbing took place. Most lines were delivered on cue, and we even managed to kiss properly when required. Needless to say, there were hoots and whistles from the boys when Doug and I kissed, but I found myself excited by the whole event.

When I came out at the end to take my curtain call with Doug, the applause was deafening, and I loved it.

As we changed afterwards, Louise and I were in out tiny little room. I was standing in my bra and knickers, and the door burst open.

It was Bruce and Doug, things had obviously come to a head.

They saw me almost naked, so both looked confused and embarrassed.

“Well?” I said, hands on hips.

“Sorry, but we need you to choose!” said Bruce.

“Both of you, get out and let me change in peace,” I said crossly, so they left looking sheepish.

“Shit!” I said, and got dressed.

“Which one will you choose?” Louise asked.

“Neither, or both. Shit! I like them both. Why can’t we just all be friends?”

“Because they’re boys, so the feel they have to own you,” she said, rather wisely, I thought.

“Bugger! What a mess,” I said, and she giggled.

“It’s not funny,” I said.

“Yes it is. Besides those two, there are about six who think you walk on water. All you need to do is snap your fingers and they will all come running.”

“Rubbish!”

“True! I watch them as they watch you. Will has your photograph by his bed.”

“How would you know that?”

“Andy told me.”

“Little sod, how dare he?” I said.

“Don’t be silly, I think it's sweet.”

“Hmm,” I said, unconvinced.

“Do you want me to come with you?” she asked.

“Please. I feel I need some moral support.”
 
 
We finished changing and went out to face the two antagonists.

They were sitting a little way apart, looking mean and moody at each other. I almost started to laugh.

“Right you two, what’s this all about?”

“We need to know, who’s your boyfriend?” Bruce said, with Doug nodded in agreement.

“Really, why is that?”

“Because, we don’t really know.” Said Doug.

“Oh, have I been unclear?”

They looked at each other, frowning.

“Well, have I at any time demanded that either one be my single and exclusive property?”

They frowned even more, looking more confused.

“Have I?”

The both shook their heads.

“Have either of you demanded that I be your exclusive property?”

They shook their heads again.

“Then, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that slavery was abolished over one hundred years ago, and if none of us are capable of owning the other, then what's the problem?”

“This isn't about slavery, this is about being your boyfriend,” said Doug, quite reasonably.

“Oh, you mean like a husband and wife?”

They frowned again, shaking their heads.

“Look Bruce, and Doug. You're both boys, and after a lot of trouble, I believe I am a girl, so that needs one more additive, that we're all friends. So, just as Louise is my girl friend, you are my boy friends, I am your girl friend. I don’t own you, and I like you both for different reasons. Look guys, I'm not after a husband yet, and I don't even want to get serious yet.

“If you want me to choose one over the other, then you're asking too much, because I love you both to bits! If you can’t handle the competition then I will understand, but let’s not get silly here, there's room in my heart for you both, can’t you just accept that?”

They looked at each other, and sort of smiled. I kissed them both to show I really didn’t have a preference, and made them shake hands. I had only postponed trouble, as I knew that this issue would rear its ugly head again.
I took both their arms, and allowed them take me over to the main school.
 
 
The Friday performance was to be in front of guests and parents, so I was very nervous. Mr Harris had the whole cast over for the afternoon, and we went through the whole play, ironing out the glitches from the previous performance.
None of us had been perfect, as all had made some mistakes. I had been too over the top, so was asked to tone down the sexuality.

“You are a singer, not a prostitute. You seemed to want to show everyone what you have, and it was too much.”
Louise was too timid, while Bruce had taken too long to die.

“No one who has been shot four times thrashes about for forty seconds. A little thrash is fine, and then just die.”
We went and changed, as the hall gradually filled up.

I was outside, just having a calm moment, when Douglas came and found me.

“Hi,” he said.

“Hi, okay?”

“Yup. I just wanted to see you.”

“Here I am, what’s up?”

“I just wanted you to know. I think I love you,” he said.

The bastard!

Why the hell did he want to say something like that just before I had to go on stage?

 
 
“Doug, good timing,” I said, and walked off.

He followed, calling after me.

I stopped.

“Look, I just had to tell you, I haven’t slept in days. I just can’t stop thinking about you.”

“Oh Doug, why now? Couldn’t it wait a couple of days?”

“No. It couldn’t. I love you Christina!”

He took me in his arms, and nuzzled his face in the nape of my neck. With my heels on, I was almost as tall as he. He was wearing his dark double-breasted suit.

“Okay. You’ve told me. Now let’s go do the play,” I said.

He looked at me, but I knew what he was after.

“I'm fond of you too, maybe it's love, I don’t know, so let’s talk about this later, okay?”

He grinned and nodded, his face lighting up. God, why were boys so easy to please?

We took our places, and the curtain rose.
 
 
This performance went brilliantly - ten times better than the last one. But the kisses were rather too hot, and there could have been very little doubt that the passion behind them was not an act. Louise enjoyed the laughs her lines produced, so really lost her timidity. By the end her face was flushed and she was grinning from ear to ear.

I had enjoyed the applause on the first night, but it was nothing compared to the second night. I glowed with pleasure as I curtseyed holding Douglas’s hand.

He then surprised me, let go, and stepped back, leaving me alone at the front, as the applause increased.
I turned and asked the rest to join me and they did. It was great!

Mr Harris was ecstatic, and was full of praise for everyone, even Bruce who had overdone the death scene again. But he had got some laughs, and his parents were in the audience so it was for their benefit.

Louise and I changed, but knew there was no rush. Louise’s parents were staff, so they had watched the first night, while my parents were coming to the Saturday performance.

We chatted about the play, going over the best bits.

Then we left the hall and Louise went to pop in at her parents’ house to drop something off. I walked back to the main school.

“Hey, wait up!”

It was Douglas.

“Hi Doug,” I said, and he grinned.

He took my hand, so I let him hold it as we walked slowly back to the main building.

“Are you doing anything in the holidays?” he asked.

“I don’t know. There will be the usual Christmas fuss, but apart from that, I haven’t a clue,” I said.

“Where do you live?” he asked.

“Near Guildford. About twenty miles south of here. How about you?”

“North. The other side of Slough. Beaconsfield.”

“Not that far then?”

“Nope.”

“So, you going away?” I asked.

“I don’t think so. Would you mind if we got together sometime over the hols?”

“I’d like that.”

He grinned. “I meant what I said!”

“I know,” I replied.

He stopped.

“Look, I know we’re young, but I still can’t stop thinking about you. I thought about you even when I thought you were a boy, but now, it's so different.”

“So I should hope,” I teased.

“You’re so beautiful, I just want to be with you all the time.”

“You’re very sweet, but I don’t know if I’m ready for a heavy relationship. I’ve not really got used to being a girl yet.”

“You're such a beautiful one.”

“Oh, Douglas, back down a little. You make me feel good, but I’m afraid of anything happening too fast. Please?”

“Okay, as long as you know how I feel.”

“I do, and I guess I feel almost the same about you too, but then I feel like that about several people.”

“Yeah, but it’s my hand you are holding, right?”

I looked at our linked hands and had to nod. They felt right, as we fitted together so well.

“Right!”

He kissed me then. It wasn’t a rehearsal, or a play, it was because he wanted to, and I found I wanted him to as well.
It was a gentle kiss, it told me he loved me and he was willing to wait. My heart fluttered again. I was even more confused.

“I’ll see you,” he said, and was gone.

“Shit!” I said out loud, going inside.
 
 
The curtain fell on the last production, as Doug and I were still locked in a passionate embrace.

“Okay you two, you can stop now,” said Mr Harris.

The applause was very loud on the other side of the curtain, so we parted, grinning sheepishly.

The whole cast got together for the final curtain, and I once more bathed in the sound of being clapped. I saw my parents were halfway back in the hall. Then my heart sank, as my brother Rob was with them.

There was a party afterwards for the cast and support team, where we were allowed to wear own clothes. So I changed into my denim mini skirt and a nice pink fluffy sweater. I cleaned off the stage makeup, applying a little of my own, leaving my earrings in. I put on my nice knee length boots with the high heels, and knew I looked a lot older than twelve.

I went and met my parents, who were in the hall enjoying mulled wine with the staff.
Mum gave me a huge hug, gushing over how brilliant I had been. Then Daddy hugged me, and I stood there as Rob looked at me.

“Hi Christina,” he said, he looked very unsure, but had obviously been told to come and speak to me by Mummy.

“Hi Rob,” I said, my voice flat and neutral.

“You were brilliant,” he said, full of smiles.

“Thanks,” I was being very guarded, as I really hated my brother.

“Can we go somewhere and have a chat?” he said

“If you want,” I said, cautiously.

I took him to the classroom next door. He perched on a desk.

“Look, I don’t really know how to put this, but I realise I was a bit tough on you.”

“A bit tough? Rob, you were an utter bastard, and I’ve hated you for a very long time!” I said, the anger was rising in me now.

He was unable to look me in the eye.

“Okay, I was an utter bastard. I realise that now. Mum has explained everything to me, so I feel really bad about it.”

“Good,” I said.

He smiled uncertainly. “Look, I know I can’t undo the things I did to you, but at least help me be the brother to you that I should be?”

“Why should I?”

“Because you are the most beautiful little sister that I could wish for, and I am so sorry about how I treated you. I have no excuse, I just didn’t understand, and I deserve your hatred.”

I looked at him. He looked so miserable that my anger seemed to dissolve.

“You were so utterly beastly, I cried my self to sleep often,” I said, trying to impress on him the depths of despair I had suffered at his hands.

“I know, I’m so sorry.”

“I don’t know if I can forgive you.”

“I understand. As I said, I am so sorry.”

“Sorry doesn’t make it all better.”

“I know.”

“Shit Rob, I was so bloody unhappy because of you.”

He stood up, and held out his arms.

“I know. It will never happen again, ever.”

“Promise?”

“Cross my heart, hope to die.”

“You bloody will if you do. I’ll kill you myself!” I said, and he smiled.

I let him hug me.

“When I saw you on stage, I couldn’t believe it was you. Even now, you are so beautiful, I almost wish you weren’t my sister.” he said,

“Rob, behave! I am your sister, and believe me, even if you weren’t and if you were the last bloke on the planet, I still wouldn’t touch you!”

He laughed. “That’s my girl.”

“You’re a bastard, Rob.”

“I know.”

“I mean it!”

“I know.”

“Sod!”

“I know.”

“Oh, shut up!”
 
 
We went back into the hall, and my mother looked anxiously at us. Then her expression changed to one of relief when she saw we had made up.

Mr Rogers was talking to Dad, and as soon as he saw me, he smiled.

“Here she is, the star herself,” he said, and I blushed.

“Well done, Christina, a super performance, your best yet.”

“Thanks sir,” I said.

“Hello young Rob, how are you getting on?”

“Fine thanks sir. Lower sixth now, got into the first XV this term.”

“Good, still got your eyes on a commission in the army?”

“Yes sir. I am a sergeant in the CCF now, I am hoping for university sponsorship.”

“Good, yes I have always thought you do that. What do you make of your sister?”

“She is utterly amazing. I just feel so bad for being such an arse towards her for so long.”

“Quite! Is that right, Christina?”

“Absolutely,” I said, and Rob grinned. I found I didn’t hate him anymore.

“You must be very proud of her, Carol?”

“I am, considering all she has been through, she is wonderful.”

“For my next trick, I shall walk on water,” I said, getting fed up with the Christina Drewett appreciation society.

“Are you all coming up for the carol service tomorrow?”

“No, just me,” said Mum. “The men are chickening out.”

“Pity, you have a solo, don’t you Christina?”

“Yes, so I was told this morning.”

“Really?” asked Mr Rogers, shocked.

“No, I have actually been practicing for a couple of weeks. But the play has sort of taken precedence.”

“Fine, well you will miss her singing. She has a lovely voice.”

Daddy and Rob looked guilty, and I grinned at them, Carol services just weren’t their thing.

Mr Rogers moved off, and I spent some time chatting with Rob. I found we knew very little about each other, and I actually found I wanted to get to know him again.

“Chris?”

I turned and found Douglas, and two people who could only be his parents.

“Hi Doug,” I said.

“Chris, my parents want to meet you,” he said, and introduced me to them.

Mrs Evans was a very pretty lady, and she was very complimentary about the play and my performance in particular. She was also from America, and had a southern accent.

“Your accent was so perfect, I had to ask Douglas whether you were from the states,” she said.

“Thanks. I wondered how Doug knew so much about the southern accent. Now I know.”

“He is kinda shy about me being from the states, and I don’t understand why?”

“Neither do I, I love your accent,” I said.

“Why thank you, Honey. Have you ever been there?”

“America? No, but I’d love to one day.”

“I come from Louisiana, but we have a family holiday home in St Petersburg, in Florida, and we are going there for New Years. Why don’t you come with us, it’s only for two weeks?”

“Me? Come with you? I don’t think I could afford the airfare. But it is a lovely thought,” I said.

“Oh Honey, we’ll pay your fare, Douglas has never had a girl friend before, so it’ll be fun.”

I was staggered. I looked for Mum so I could ask her, and she was deep in conversation with Miss Bawdrey.

“I shall have to ask my mother, but I’d really love to come. Thanks.”

“Is your Mom here?”

“Yes, she is over there, and Daddy and Rob are over there, getting even more wine.”

“So you have a brother, he is what, seventeen?”

“He will be seventeen in March, I also have a sister who is a year and a bit older than me.”

“We only have Douglas. I wanted more, but it wasn’t possible,” she said, and Douglas was looking embarrassed.
 
 
We threaded our way through to Mum, and I introduced her to Mrs Evans. I explained about the invitation and left them to it.

I moved to one side with Douglas.

“What’s this about never having a girlfriend before?” I asked, and he grinned.

“Mum asked me about you, and she kept on asking whether there was anything between us, so I said, sort of. I told her that you were the nearest I had ever had to being a girlfriend I had ever had. I even said that you had given me my first kiss!”

“You told her that?” I said, going red.

“Mum has a way of getting information from me.”

I was embarrassed.

“She adores you. She asked me all about you, and thought you were from the Deep South. I had to explain you were English and just a bloody good actress. She was dying to meet you. I didn’t know about the invitation and was as surprised as you when it came out.”

“Are you really an only child?”

“Yes, I had a younger sister, but she died of leukaemia when she was four, and they couldn’t have any more.”

He paused and looked pained.

“What?” I asked.

“She was called Christina,” he said.

“Really? No wonder she looked at me all gooey. What a bummer. So you're all alone?”

“Not really, I have you.”

“Doug, stop it!”

“Sorry,” he said, and grinned.

“No you aren’t,” I replied, and smiled anyway.

“They want us,” he said, and saw my mother waving.

We went to them.

“Linda has told us about their very kind invitation to join them in Florida, do you want to go?”

“I’d love to, if that’s all right?”

“Of course, now, are you sure we can’t pay for her flights or anything?” she asked Linda Evans.

“No, that’s fine. It will be so nice to have her along, I am always out numbered by the men folk, so it will be just fabulous to have another girl.”

Mum looked at me with such an expression, that I could only just stop myself from laughing.
 
 
So, it was all arranged. I would meet them at Heathrow Airport for the Pan-American Airlines flight to Tampa, on the Boxing day! We would be out in Florida until the 7th, and arrive back on the early morning of the 8th January 1971. I had two days before going back to school.

The Carol service went smoothly, and I sang my solo. I was interested to note that my voice had changed. I had been a classic treble, but according to Mr Beecham, the music teacher, I was developing into a soprano.

Dad and Rob still chickened out, but Mum was there for me. We had got really close over the last few weeks. We had a bond between us, and I knew that nothing would ever break it. Her smile said it all, as I walked towards where she waited for me. I knew that she was proud of me, and that no matter what had happened, she loved me as me, as a boy or a girl, I was her child. The fact I was now her daughter was almost irrelevant, and I loved her for it.

Douglas appeared and helped me carry my stuff. Then Bruce appeared and carried the rest. Mum watched with quiet amusement as did Linda Evans, and Bruce’s mother, who was slightly confused.

She came up to Mum, and took her to one side.

“Carol, I know this might seem a daft question, but just how did any of us actually believe that child was a boy?”

Mum laughed and had to explain my ‘problem’ to Linda. She was rather surprised, and I could tell she was going to ask Douglas all about it.
 
 
All three of them found it amusing that here were two twelve year old boys competing so ferociously for my attentions. I gave each of them a kiss on the cheek, and thanked them for being sweet.
 
 
Chapter 6
 
 
It was weird coming home, as both Shelly and Rob were already there as they had broken up a few days before me. I had never come home as a girl before, and everything was strange.

But it was as if everything was as it should be, except Rob was so nice to me, and I half expected him to become all nasty again, but he never was. Shelly and I soon formed a strong friendship, and it was lovely to have some one to talk to about girly things. Louise was fine, and a good mate, but she was even more naíve than me, and I often yearned to talk about my feelings and the newness of it all. Believing you are a transsexual trapped in the wrong body doesn’t half make you grow up quick.

Christmas was the best ever. I was so pleased that all the family was together, and everyone bought me clothes and makeup. I had always been quite difficult to buy things for, but now I suddenly was so easy.

Shelly and I went Christmas shopping a few days after I broke up from school. We had a real hoot. Shopping was so much fun, and we spent all day and a lot of money. We sat in a Wimpy bar for lunch, and Shelly leaned across and kept her voice low.

“Chris, why is it you look older than you are?”

I shrugged. “Do I?”

She nodded.

“You have almost bigger breasts than me, and we are the same height. A couple of people have asked me whether you were older than I am,” she said. She was going to be fourteen in August, and was a little miffed that her little sister was as developed as she was.

“Have you had the curse yet?” she asked.

“Twice.”

“I started when I was eleven,” she said, and for some silly reason she seemed pleased about that.

“You can have it, it stinks,” I said, so we laughed together.

“So, what was it like?”

“What being a boy, or knowing I was a girl and not being able to be one?”

“Both I suppose.”

“It was like living through a bad dream. The joy was finding out I had been a girl all along, and now being what I always knew I was. I wasn’t very happy, Shell.”

“I know. I wasn’t too nasty to you, was I?”

“No, you were fine. Rob was the utter bastard. I really hated him!”

“What happened, he seems to have changed?”

“We had words at school when he came and watched the play. I think he now realises how horrible he was.”

“You didn’t forgive him?”

“Shelly, he’s my brother. Let’s put it this way, I don’t trust him, but while he is nice to me, I am happy leaving the past in the past.”

“I’d make him pay.”

“Some day I just might. Like on his wedding day, I might just have some embarrassing evidence to produce. But at the moment he’s fine.”

We finished our lunch and finished shopping. We were quite tired when we finally caught the bus home, laden with carrier bags.

We found that Dad had bought a Christmas tree, so we spent the evening decorating it. I found myself completely comfortable with who I was, as it seemed the most natural thing in the world. It was as if I was suddenly allowed to be me for the first time ever, as I had only ever been pretending to be someone else before.
 
 
Christmas day was quiet. We had both sets of grandparents over, and I could tell that Mum had explained everything to them.

The atmosphere was a little awkward, as I answered the door to Mum’s parents, and they mistook me for Shelly. We called them Papa and Gran, whereas Dad’s parents were knows as Grandpa and Nan.

“Hello Shelly.” said Gran, “You’re looking well.”

“Hi Gran, thanks, but I’m Christina.” I said, taking her coat.

She stared at me for a moment, and then gave me an enormous hug.

“Oh, how silly of me! My, you definitely are a girl, aren’t you?”

“Yup!” I said, grinning. Papa came in and looked at me.

“Chris?”

“Hi Papa,” I said, and he just smiled and opened his arms up, so I went over for a cuddle.

Grandpa and Nan were more with-it, and they behaved as if nothing had changed. It was a lovely day and I was spoiled rotten. Everyone gave me clothes, books and record tokens, so I did very well.

Nan took me to one side when we had just finished washing up.

“What’s this about you going to America with a boyfriend for two weeks?” she said, and I giggled.

I told her about Douglas, which then led onto Bruce, so I ended up telling her about all the boys and that I loved being a girl.

She in turn started telling me all about her young days, when all the boys that had been after her. She had been my age during the First World War, so it had affected her deeply. She had met Grandpa when he went to a convalescent home near her home in Gloucestershire.

He had been a young pilot officer in the Royal Flying Corps, and he had been shot down and broken both legs. He had walked with a limp ever since, but he was still very fit as he took their two Labradors for a walk every day.

I found that by just being a girl, I was immediately closer to my Nan, as she talked to me as an equal for the first time in my life.
 
 
Boxing Day arrived with a slight flurry of snow. I spent ages trying to decide what to wear. Mum and I had packed the night before, so I ended up dressing like an onion.

I wore several layers, so that I could deal with the cold. Then, as I arrived in the warmth of Florida, I could strip down accordingly. I chose my denim skirt and a pair of tights, which could be easily removed. I wore a tee shirt under a pullover, with a leather jacket I had been given for Christmas.

Dad drove me to Heathrow, where I met the Evans family in the check-in area by the Pan-Am check-in desks.

Dad gave me a hug and told me to behave myself, and handed me a wad of US dollars.

“Pay your own way, and take the Evans out for a meal at the end of the holiday, if you have any money left,” he said.

We checked in our bags and walked through to the departure lounge. I waved at Dad, as he watched me until I was out of sight.

Douglas was really excited having me along, and kept grinning at me. I had been on three planes before. We had gone to Spain in 1966, when I had been eight. It had been an Iberia Lockheed Super Constellation with four sets of propellers.

Then in 1969 we went back, this time on a BEA Trident, and I had once flown to Edinburgh on a Vanguard. I couldn’t remember exactly when.

This time it was one of the brand new Boeing 747 ‘Jumbo’ jets, and it was enormous. Douglas and I watched out of the huge window, and it seemed so big that it could never possibly get off the ground.

“I overheard Mum talking to Dad, just now,” Douglas said.

“Oh yes?”

“She was saying that you look so grown up, it is hard to imagine that I am at an age to have such a pretty girlfriend.”

I smiled. “Look, Doug. I’m a bit worried we are running to fast. It is all very new for me, so just remember that, please?”

“Sure. It's new for me too. I’m just so happy you have come with us! You don’t know what it would be like on my own.”

“Haven’t you family or friends in Florida?”

“I have my cousins. They've a home not far away, but they're a bit younger. Uncle Matthew and Aunty Marie are a bit younger than my parents.”

“So, which one has your mum as a sister?”

“Uncle Matt. He's a property developer.”

“Rich?”

“Not especially, but he's on the way.”

“So, what cousins have you got?”

“Three, George is eleven, Cassie is nine, and then Howie is nearly eight.”

“I can see that you would get bored. They're quite a bit younger. Apart from George.”

“George is alright, I suppose. But to be honest, I find most of the American kids really weird.”

We watched the planes for a bit, and then he took out his little portable chess/draughts set and we played some chess until the flight was called.

I found it all quite exciting, and the plane seemed brand new. The American Stewardesses seemed very different and the interior of the plane was simply enormous. The staircase up to the upper level seemed really odd, and it was more like a ship than a plane.

I was given the window seat, so Douglas was next to me. His parents were directly behind us, as Linda liked a window as well. It seemed to take ages to get everyone on the plane, but eventually we pushed back, and taxied to the runway for take off.

I tried to imagine the sight of this huge beast rumbling along the runway, the four large jet engines screaming as it reached the speed to get the lift under the wings. With a slight lurch the nose rose and we were in the air.

London drifted away from us as we gained height, and I saw Windsor Castle and the river Thames.
 
 
The upper deck was a bar, and once we reached cruising height, people started moving about. Douglas and I went for a look, and while we were there, the second officer came out from the flight deck.

“Hi kids. Enjoying the flight?” he said, he was American, and it was almost as if we were already there.

“Brilliant,” said Douglas, and I just nodded and smiled.

“Would you like to see the flight deck?”

Stupid question.

We were taken in and stood behind the pilot’s chair. There were four positions, and it was so quiet. The rows of dials and switches seemed very complex, and I wondered how they managed to remember everything.

The Captain explained what everything was for, and allowed us to sit in the co-pilot’s seat.

Douglas went first, and his eyes lit up. He asked some really intelligent questions, and even the captain was surprised.

“You seem to know a bit about planes, do you want to be a pilot when you leave school?”

Doug nodded.

“I’d love to. I’ve always wanted to, but I can’t make my mind up between the RAF and civil airlines.”

The captain chuckled.

“I’ll give you some advice, there is less chance of getting shot down in an airliner.”

“I accept that, but then you don’t have an ejector seat in one of these.”

“If we needed them, we’d have them,” the older man said and smiled.

Douglas reluctantly left the seat and I slid into his place. There wasn’t a lot to see, just the top of the clouds and blue sky!

“Have you ever seen a UFO?” I asked, scanning the open sky, hopefully.

“Not yet, but I live in hope.”

“Don’t you get bored?” I asked, seeing that the auto-pilot was on.

“Sometimes, but then I’m paid for those moments where the computer can’t fly the plane.”

I looked at all the dials and levers, and smiled.

“So, little lady, what do you want to do with your life?”

I thought for a moment, and looked him in the eye.

“I honestly don’t know. But whatever it is, I’d like to make a difference.”

He stared at me, and then a smile came to his face.

“That is a wonderful answer. What do you like doing?” he asked.

“Lots of things, but then there are lots of things I think I will enjoy that I haven’t tried yet, like sex. But I hardly think I will be able to earn a living at it.”

This caused the entire flight crew to laugh, and Douglas went red.

“Oh, I don’t know. How old are you?” the first officer asked.

“Twelve.”

“Come see me when you are eighteen, and we could do a deal,” he said, with a naughty grin. "Seriously, you are a pretty girl now, why don’t you try for the movies?” asked the second officer.

I blushed, but felt really pleased.
 
 
We returned to our seats and watched a movie. They supplied us with food and drinks, and it was all fun. I put my watch back five hours, as it was now only five in the morning in Florida.

After four hours, I had had enough. But it was nice being with Douglas. We played games and chatted. When we ran out of things to say, we read or watched the movies and cartoons.

I watched the stewardesses at work, and decided that there was one job you could have. Travel and exotic places were fine, but they worked bloody hard. It wasn’t as depicted in the posters. They dealt with vomit, filthy toilets, and awkward and drunk passengers. They seemed to smile a lot, but the smiles were forced for much of the time.

I dozed for a while, and woke up to see Linda watching me, for my head had fallen onto Douglas’s shoulder, and his head was touching mine as we both slept.

She smiled at me, and went off to the loo.

When the Captain announced that we were finally landing at Miami, I was grateful. However, I knew we had a transfer to get to Tampa.

Florida was hot!
 
 
I went to the loo just as we descended, brushed my hair and washed my face. I put on a little make up, and made sure that the tights came off before we left the plane. They joined my pullover in my bag.

We got in line for Immigration, and as Linda was a US Citizen, it was easier. The bags were on direct transfer, so we had an hour to get to the next flight.

I was really warm, so took off my leather jacket. I smiled as I saw my first palm trees, and the hot sun. This is what holidays should feel like. The Christmas decorations seemed out of place, particularly as it had been snowing as we left England.

We stretched our legs, and Douglas and his Dad went to the loo. I stayed with Linda at the gate.

“Did you enjoy the flight?”

“It was okay. It was a bit long.”

“Well, this one is only forty five minutes. We have driven it in the past, and it takes hours.”

“I wouldn’t mind, I’d like to see the sights,” I said.

Linda smiled at me.

“Did Douglas tell you about our Christina?” she asked.

“Yes. It must have been awful for you.”

“It was. But life goes on. Douglas is such a good boy, and having you along is so nice,” she said.

I smiled. There wasn’t much I could say.

“How did you learn to speak with an American Accent so well for the play?”

“Doug helped, and I watched some old movies.”

“Do you like acting?”

“Yes, it was fun.”

“You were very good. By far the best.”

“Really? I don’t know. Doug was good.”

“He was only good because you were opposite him. It was obvious you had a thing going.”

I went a little red. “A thing?” I asked.

She laughed. “Honey, those kisses were not acting. I should know, I’m a woman too.”

I grinned sheepishly. “I suppose so, but I don’t want to get silly. We're only twelve.”

“Good girl, but you act and look older.”

“I may do, but I feel very young sometimes. I never got to be the little girl that other girls go through.”

“I keep forgetting, that must have been a nightmare. Though to look at you, one would never know.”

“It was pretty awful, but I’m happy now,” I said.

She smiled at me.

“So how about trying out some of that Southern Belle on me?” she asked.

So we chatted away, with me trying to speak with an accent that mirrored hers.

She suddenly burst out in peals of laughter.

“Oh, how wonderful! You are a natural, Honey. If I didn’t know better, I’d say you were a pure bred Louisiana Gal.”

I grinned with pleasure.

We saw the guys coming back, so she leaned across.

“Just keep it up, and let’s see how long it takes for them to notice.”

Not long was the answer.
 
 
Douglas looked at me in a funny way immediately, and his Dad wasn’t long to follow suit. Both were kind enough to say that I sounded very believable.

We boarded the smaller plane, a Boeing 727, and within an hour we touched town at Tampa Airport.

Linda’s brother, Matthew, was waiting for us. He was a big man, slightly overweight, and he seemed pleased to see his sister and her family.

Linda put a hand on my shoulder.

“Matt, this is Christina Drewett, Douglas’ friend.”

He shook my hand, and looked at Douglas.

“Well, Doug, it is good to see you have fine taste in women already.”

We both blushed, and he took the four of us to a large 4x4 in the parking lot.
 
 
I found the scenery fascinating. I don’t know what I expected, a little more order and neatness, I suppose. Everything was in square blocks, but the buildings and cables seemed very haphazard. The huge billboards and adverts everywhere were weird, and the gigantic cars seemed very odd.

The drive took about forty minutes and I was feeling tired, even though it was only five in the evening. Their house, when we arrived, was a nice modern one, with a driveway and a pool in the back yard (garden). Matthew dropped us off and helped with the luggage. He waved and muttered about seeing us later.

There were five bedrooms, and a basement. All the rooms were doubles, and the one I had even had an en suite bathroom.

I heard an almighty splash, and saw Douglas already in the pool. He hadn’t even unpacked, just slung on his trunks and jumped in.

I hung my dresses up, so they didn’t get any more creased. And only then did I put on my swimsuit. I dived in, and it was so warm and lovely. It was so weird swimming outside in December.

I swam a few lengths rapidly, and when I stopped I saw Linda and Scott were sitting on the recliners watching us.

“My, you swim beautifully,” said Linda.

“She won all the competitions last year,” said Douglas.

“I can believe it, but is that your only swimsuit?” she asked.

I looked down at my Speedo. It was fine, I really liked it.

“Yes, why?”

“Tomorrow, you and me are gonna go do some real shopping. You need to get yourself a cool little bikini,” she said.

Douglas went and got some bottles of Coke from the fridge.

“Why, thank you, sir,” I said, in a Southern drawl, as he handed me one.

He grinned and slipped back into the pool beside me. His parents joined us, and I swam another few lengths. Doug tried to keep up with me, but failed.

After another half an hour, Linda told us to get out.

“We are going over to Uncle Matt’s for diner, so dress nice,” she said.

I showered and washed my hair. I then chose a pretty yellow mini dress, as it was cool, and I had a cardigan that I could slip on if I got cold. I applied my makeup carefully, and thought I made myself look at least sixteen. I made a kiss at my reflection, and my mind immediately cast back to that day when my mother had caught me dressing in Shelly’s clothes.

I had come a long way since then.
 
 
It was only a short drive to their cousin’s home. And I could smell the barbeque as soon as we got out of the car.

“Cristina, do me a favour, Honey, try your accent, and see what happens,” Linda said, with a conspiratorial smile.

So as we went in, and I was introduced, I spoke with the southern accent all the time. It caused a few little frowns amongst the grown ups, but no comments were passed. The kids didn’t notice. George was much smaller than Douglas, even though he was only a little more than a year younger.

Cassie was pleased to see me, as family gatherings were very boy heavy. I learned that Cassie was short for Cassandra, and that she thought David Cassidy was the business.

I said that I was into the Beatles, the Kinks and Rolling Stones, and she took me off to her room to hear some of her records. Doug came too, as he always liked being near me.

“So where are you from?” Cassie asked.

“Near Guildford,” I said, as she put on a Beach Boys album.

She frowned.

“Where’s that?”

“Not far from London,” I said, as I was still using the accent.

“Oh, in England. I mean where do you really come from?”

“You mean, like Louisiana?” I asked.

“Yeah!”

“Near Guildford,” I said, and Doug laughed.

“Oh, stop joshing me. I can tell you ain’t English, so really, where are you from?” she asked, getting faintly cross.

I dropped the accent.

“Really, Cassie, I am from Guildford in Surrey. I am English,” I said, and her jaw dropped.

“I don’t believe you. You just can do good accents.”

I smiled, and Doug tried to convince her I was in fact English.

In the end she believed him, almost.

We had a very pleasant meal, and by the end I was feeling quite tired. I had been up for almost 24 hours.

By the time I climbed into by bed, I was ready to sleep, and I don’t even remember turning the light out.
 
 
The holiday was so different to anything I had experienced. I was taken shopping, as Douglas and his father went to have a game of golf. Linda treated me to a ridiculously expensive amount of super clothes, and I sensed she was making up for missing having a daughter of her own.

My breasts were really quite respectable now, and I know I looked older than twelve. Several times in the mall, young men would just come over and say ‘Hi!” I loved it. Linda was obviously quite concerned, and it made me smile.

She made me try on a tiny bikini, which hardly hid anything, and before I knew it she had bought me two, one white and one black.

“The white one you wear when you are still pale, as it will make you seem more tanned, and the black one will accentuate the tan when you are really bronzed.”

She bought me hats, shorts, halter-tops and sandals. She paid for me to have a make over, manicure and to have my hair done. She spoiled me rotten, and I loved every minute.
 
 
After lunch, she took me to the beach, and we just lay in the sun and read. It was so nice not doing anything, and I was quite glad that Douglas was having time with his father. Linda was actually quite a lonely person. I felt she missed having her family close by living in England. That she loved her husband was never in doubt, but she felt very cut off from her roots which were in America.

We chatted quite a bit, and she was fascinated by my story. I could tell she found it hard to believe that I hadn’t always been a girl, and she kept telling me how pretty I was.

For me, it was a wonderful tonic. For so long I had been the ugly duckling, full of confusion and mixed up. Now I was finally the person I had always wanted to be, and it was so lovely.

The Gulf of Mexico was still cool, and a few people were swimming. I had a couple of dips, and Linda declined. I found it a real blast being on a beach in December.

We met up with the boys back at the house, and Doug came swimming with me. He liked my Bikini, and tried to remove my top.
 
 
The next day, I slept late, and was woken up by Douglas as he tickled my ear with a palm frond. His parents had gone to the market to get provisions in before New Year, so we were alone in the house.

For the first time I felt sexually vulnerable and afraid, mainly of my own desires and feelings than of Douglas. Douglas was very affectionate, as we had a breakfast on the poolside. I was wearing my bikini, so he was obviously aroused.

Having never really been a proper boy, I was fascinated by his erection. He was quite embarrassed, so jumped into the pool.

I followed and chased him, and tried to pull his shorts down. He managed to turn the tables and took my top off. I felt a really odd feeling, as my breasts were bared to him. My nipples became rock hard, and my crotch seemed to swell.

He taunted me and I made no effort to cover up.

He stopped and looked at me. His erection threatened to split his shorts, so I advanced slowly towards him.

He looked at me, licking his lips. I could tell that he was more uncertain than I.

I slowly reached out my hand and stroked the outside of his shorts. As I felt his hardness, he seemed to squirm. I slipped my hand into his shorts, wrapping my fingers round it.

It was so warm and I loved the way it felt.

He touched my breasts, so I moved in closer to him.

“Kiss me!” I ordered and he complied.

All my innards turned to jelly, so I stroked his throbbing erection. I felt his fingers pull my bikini panties down, and I opened my legs slightly! His fingers toughed my slit, then my clitoris, and I gasped with pleasure as he touched me.

We got out of the pool and lay on the grass.

“You are all wet,” he said, between kisses.

“All the better for you to slide into me,” I said, and he looked very worried.

I smiled.

“In a few years,” I added.

I kept stroking him, but he suddenly made some grunting noises and ejaculated into my hand. I was fascinated, I hadn’t realised quite how much power I could have over a boy.

He was rubbing me very fast. I shuddered as I came, warm liquid gushing all over his hand.

Now I understood how young girls became mothers.

I slipped my bikini top back on again, and jumped into the pool.

He sat on the side and watched me. I swam over and leaned on my elbows on the pool edge.

“Shit, Chris, that was amazing.”

“Mmm, wasn’t it?”

“Does this change anything?” he asked.

“I don’t see how. We are just learning about each other. As long as you keep that out of me, then I don’t see we have a problem.”

“Its funny, but I really wanted to put it inside you.”

“It’s not funny, because I really wanted you to,” I admitted.

“Shit!”

He sat on the edge of the pool, dangling his legs in the water. I moved so I was leaning on his knees, with my head between his legs.

I started to wonder what it would be like to take him into my mouth, but decided that that would have to wait.

It was none to soon, for at that moment his parents arrived home.
 
 
The two weeks went very quickly. We went to various theme parks and attractions, but most of the time we mucked about in the pool or at the beach. Douglas and his father even took me to play golf, which I actually quite enjoyed, but I realised that if I went, Doug missed out on a special time with his father.

So, I often declined, and would go shopping with Linda. Sometimes we went visiting some of her friends and relatives, of which she seemed to have quite a few in the area. I think I earned some brownie points for that, as although Linda didn’t say anything, I was left with the impression that Doug’s time with his father was important.

I ate far too much, but swam a lot, so felt myself getting very fit. I would get up at about eight and swim fifty lengths before breakfast every morning. With all the sunbathing I was doing I got a superb tan. I was a real deep honey brown, and my already blonde hair was bleached almost white.

Our sexual frolicking never advanced any. We enjoyed a little titillation of the kind we tried that first day, not because we didn’t want to go further, but because both of us feared the implications of that further experimentation and where it would take us.
 
 
New Year was fun!

We got together with the cousins and loads of their friends, and had a huge party. We had a barbeque on the beach, so I went skinny dipping at midnight. It was an amazingly erotic experience, with the cool water on my naked skin. The simple knowledge that I was naked, and so was Douglas, was enough to get me going. But there were too many people about to see how far!

I found myself feeling rather too fond of Douglas, which was odd considering that I had loathed him with a passion a few months earlier. Doug was obviously more than fond of me as well, so I was careful to try and make it clear that we shouldn’t get too heavy at our age.

The situation wasn’t helped by Linda, who had decided to semi-adopt me. She treated me like the daughter she had lost, and although she was never unkind or even suffocating, it started to feel a little oppressive.

I mentioned it to Doug and he shrugged.

“Yeah, I know what you mean, but for the first time in my life she treats me as my real age, instead of a little boy. So as it is only for a couple more days, just grin and bear it.”

I was very sad to leave, and everyone made me promise to come back. I had to smile and mutter, “I hope so!”

We had an overnight flight home, and I actually went to sleep. By the time we landed at Heathrow, I was ready for the day that was just breaking.

Daddy met me at the airport, looking a little shocked as I walked out through the arrivals door. I was in a black leather mini skirt, with a black sweater and my leather jacket. Linda had insisted in buying me some black high heeled boots to finish the outfit, and with my long hair, I knew I looked pretty good.

“My goodness, you look very well,” he said, as I gave him a hug.

He gave the others a lift to their car in the long-term car park, and we said goodbye to them there. Douglas and I would see each other again in a couple of days, but I thanked his parents so much for the most wonderful holiday.

I was quiet on the way home, partially because I was tired after the long flight, and partially because I had a lot on my mind.

Dad asked loads of questions, which I answered as best as I could. He smiled, shaking his head.

“What?” I asked.

“My little girl has gone and grown up,” he said.

“Not really, I think everything is happening very fast. People’s expectations seem to determine what happens, so sometimes I want to stop the world and get off,” I admitted.

“Welcome to the real world, Chris.”

I smiled. “I am glad to be home, even if it is so bloody cold,” I said, and shivered.

“I don’t wonder, in that skirt,” he said with a chuckle.

I tried to pull it down a little, and failed.

He frowned. “You really are growing up, you know?”

“I know. It’s getting a bit worrying,” I said, grinning at him.
 
 
We arrived home, and Mum came out to meet us. I gave her the orange tree in a pot I had bought specially. I had a Miami Dolphins shirt for Rob, and a new bikini like mine for Shelly.

I went and put on the thickest pair of jeans I had, plus two sweaters. I was still cold.
 
 

*          *          *

 
End of Part 3
 
 
To Be Continued...

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Why Me? Part 3

Tanya, I am enjoying your story of teen love.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Young Love

ALISON

Christina's Mum is going to have to have a long talk to her new daughter about the 'birds and the bees' or there will be trouble with young Douglas or Bruce.A great story
and well told.

ALISON

Bailey Summers Wow, I'm

Bailey Summers

Wow, I'm really, really enjoying this read. I like the way you've had Christina react with the boys and sex and all. Plus there are parts that are just funny. Well written, well done. I can't wait to see more of the story and yourself.

Bailey Summers

Wonderful Story!

I just love it! I wish I could have had experiences like Chris at that age! I missed the growing up as a girl.
Thank you for such a fine story! I'm really enjoying it!

Hugs,
Diane

hee hee.

Someone got a little too used to the Florida Sun! Heaviest jeans and two sweaters... pah! Wimp! ;P *giggles*

Abigail Drew.

Christina Christina Mum needs to talk to you

Tanya thanks for sharing this story it's Fantastic! I have a daughter who is 13 going on 18 and it scares me! Yes she already knows how to get her way with boys. Nothing sexual just she says jump they say how high! We talk to her about the birds and the bees. All we get is please don't embarrass me. Sorry got carried away a bit, Your story is good very good! Love you all! Bye.