Homecoming Princess (Revised) - Part 7

Printer-friendly version
Homecoming Princess (Revised) - Part 7
 By Arecee
Edited by Holly Hart & Sephrena Miller

 
“Mindy. Look. You’re not making any sense to me. I’m not damaged. And what would be so wrong if I really was a girl?” I asked.

“You were born a boy, that’s what’s wrong!”

I had to respond to that!


Pictures purchased and licensed royalty-free from www.istockphoto.com .
 
 
We gathered our belongings and followed each other out to the limousine. I was on a new high! I couldn’t stop from smiling - I was feeling so wonderful. This was going to be my night and I was going to live it to its fullest!

I quickly hugged Mindy.

“I’ll see you at the school Min! I feel so alive!”

Mindy, slowly widened her eyes, “Okay Lynn… Enjoy today. I-I’ll see you there.” She was looking at me strangely, almost as if I were a different person! Nonsense! I pushed that thought aside and absorbed the positive energy from the rest of girls of the Homecoming Court.

Melissa Townsend, the Queen of the Court, led the procession to enter that luxurious vehicle! She had been here before as a Princess, so as the winner of the senior class, she had experience and was twice a winner. The rest of us were new at this. The junior class girl, Tina Weeks, was a transfer from another school. She was also drop dead gorgeous! The sophomore, Carla Stanton, had just missed being princess the year before, but the girl that beat her had transferred to another school… and that left, just me. As my luck would have it (all of it bad) and my proclivity to prank had left me in this position: I was Princess of the freshman class.

I had managed to climb into the limousine and sit next to Tina in the rear. Feeling a little out of my environment, I decided to keep my mouth closed as much as possible, hold my knees together, and just be happy. Melissa, Carla, and Tina started chattering away.

The limo pulled away from the curb and our procession was rolling.

Mindy was being driven by Brenda to follow behind us from what I had seen because this car was for the homecoming court and no one else. A part of me felt guilty for her not being here, but I understood the rules and tradition.
 

*          *          *

 
“Did you see the bulge in Kevin Garble’s football uniform last week?” Melissa asked. Omigod! I’m looking away and trying not to hear this!

“Mmm, how could you miss it?” Tina cattily affirmed.

“What?” Carla Stanton questioned. Carla was the Princess from the sophomore class. Being new, she didn’t know what a hunk Kevin was. He plays on our school’s football team. Yeah, He is rugged, strong, and, well, I guess, almost a man. I didn’t have an opinion on him really as I just barely knew him. This is a conversation I thought it best to stay out of. I mean, Rex was my only sexual experience and all that happened was that we kissed. Ok. So we did a little bit more than kiss in that theater. But still, I’m not quite ready for that sort of talk yet, you know?

“What do you think Lynn?” Melissa asked me. Startled, I came back to reality as I looked over at her. “Wouldn’t you love to wrap your hand around that massive meat?”

My face exploded in redness as I lowered my eyes to the floor, totally embarrassed!!!! I mean, how could she ask such a question??? And more importantly, how could I answer it??

Tina, watching my reaction, warned, “Leave her alone Melissa. You know she’s just a kid.”

“But how could you miss it?” Melissa asked.

“God Melissa! Not every girl wants to jump a hot guy they see,” Tina retorted.

“Tina! You are making me sound like a slut! I’m just saying… I wouldn’t kick Kevin out of bed for not being a neat freak.”

“I see your point.”

The girls had a giggling fit after that. I sort of joined with them in the laughing, trying not to appear too out of place. But, that is just not an area of talk I wanted to go in.

“What about you Lynn, do you have a boyfriend?” Melissa asked.

Does this ever stop? This girl keeps targeting me to find out more about me. Ok, I’ll answer as truthful as possible. But I will not offer extra information.

“Kind of,” I replied.

“Really, what’s his name?”

“Rex.”

“Is he hung?” Melissa asked and started the other girls breaking out in a giggle fit again.

“Uh, I… don’t know?”

“Ooo, you’re a virgin, aren’t you?” Melissa teased me.

I felt my face go red again. What’s wrong with being a virgin? It’s not like I have had the time or opportunity to date boys. And besides, I still have the issue of being myself and I’m only fourteen too. I met up with Rex during a shopping trip with Mindy. Ok, I spent one evening with him in a theater kissing and holding - but that’s all I had done.

“Ok, leave her alone Melissa. I’m a virgin too. There’s nothing wrong with that. Maybe there is something wrong with not being one?” Tina spat.

Wow! Tina had just put Melissa in her place! Girls can be just as cruel and vindictive as boys can at teasing and fighting! Now, I just looked over to Melissa and wondered how she would handle Tina’s response.

“Tina, you know I’m just kidding! Everybody knows how I feel for Kevin. I want to impale myself on him soooooooooo baaaaad!” Melissa laughed.

Ummm Yeah! Let’s just not think of that gross stuff?

The conversation seemed to lighten up a bit after that. Melissa did not respond to it in the way that I had expected. Boys would normally stand their ground and challenge for something said like that. But this was different. Melissa deflected it with ease. It seems there is a lot to being a girl with the way in which they… no, we... talk. It’s a social skill I sadly lack in and one that I will need to pick up on soon!

We talked more about school and having boyfriends, but none of that smut Melissa had spawned.
 

*          *          *

 
By the time we arrived at school, I had sort of bonded with them and was seen just as I was portraying. And I’m not actually portraying anymore either. I am a girl. Lynn the prankster was gone! I could be me and be accepted without acting like a fool. For me, being a girl, not only felt right, but it had a different set of rules I had to be under for social acceptance which I found to be easier because I was accepted for being a girl without having to prove I was someone, like back when I was trying to be a boy.

Trying to be. I didn’t succeed.

Even if that was not the case, I am thoroughly happy with what I am now and living it.
 

*          *          *

 
We exited the car giggling from our — conversation. I think I was giggling more than the others!

Girl talk — whew! It’s really different! And I mean it’s different from how I talk with Mindy too! It’s like a give and take session and we take turns. It’s more emotional (which pulled me in like a bee to honey) and more enthralling to me than how boys talked. I felt useful as a person participating with them in this sort of talk and it made me feel special as we had bonded during the ride.

It’s a closeness that boys don’t understand. Yes, I can see and feel the difference too.

I remember cutting up with my friends, and pulling off some pretty cruel pranks. But, as boys, when the pranks were over, we pretty much went our own way. We would talk about how much fun they had been, but there just wasn’t this closeness that girls felt towards one another. I know that both girls and boys have a different way of talking and behaving and yet, both sexes do some things similarly. Both brag, both fight, both tease, and both act up. Yet the way girls go about things is really different from boys. It’s much less antagonistic and less bullying. It’s much softer, more caring and more emotional. It’s a way of being! And… It’s ME! This girl talk, which I had pretty much been excluded from my entire life, was something very fulfilling towards my needs! I enjoy this way of talking, very much!

Even though the talk initially about boys and sex was pretty crude, it quickly turned to the subject of each of our needs and what we wanted from someone as a partner. Sure, I want a lover… eventually, when I’m older. But I want a lover who is sensitive to my needs and wants my heart, not my… body. It’s a similar theme that each of them let out in the chat we had during the ride.

It’s been almost two weeks since I started on this road trip into femininity, something I once thought of as alien, yet now, I totally embrace. I can’t believe how much I’ve changed, but I love what I have become!

I still have a whole lot more to learn too.
 

*          *          *

 
Miss Benson was waiting when we arrived.

“Girls, you’ll have to hurry. The photo session starts in twenty-five minutes,” she barked.

The girls went down the hallway towards the teacher’s lounge to change.

Miss Benson looked at me. She had one of those ‘I can’t believe what I’m seeing’ type of looks. Her eyes were as wide as dinner plates! She fumbled open the door to the school office, motioning for both Mindy and myself to come in. I would have thought she would have said something to me, but didn’t. I guess some things are best left unsaid?

“Mindy!” I panicked. “Miss Benson didn’t say anything at all about my appearance!”

“I know. I think she was shocked at how beautiful you are Lynn. Wait until she sees you in that dress! I hope she doesn’t faint!’ Mindy laughed.

Mindy and I went behind the office counter and entered Miss Benson’s office. Mindy closed the door. It was then she had a look of being forlorn on her face.

“Lynn you need to remove everything you have on, except for your panties. Use these hangers to hang them up on. I’ll help you dress when you’re ready.”

I watched Mindy’s face. It was still there. What is wrong?

I removed my clothing and my bra. My forms were glued firmly to my chest, so I didn’t have to be afraid of them falling off. I did wish I could have kept the bra on though, as their weight was rather uncomfortable.

Mindy approached with the matching red strapless bra.

“Lynn, here, turn around. I’ll help you with this.”

She attached the hooks on the back and pulled it up enough to give me a small amount of support.

Next, I put on the sheer panty hose and a red half-slip. Mindy then opened the garment bag and slowly removed my dress. It looked so fragile. I wondered if I would be doing it justice by putting it on?

Mindy lowered it over my head and let it fall seductively down my body. I had never felt anything as erotic as that fabric caressing my skin as it fell into place! The dress was an off the shoulder satin fabric. It had long sleeves that that were covered with lace up to the neckline of the dress. The hem stopped two inches above my knees. As she pulled the zipper up, I had to suck in my stomach in for her to zip it closed! Beauty has a price! It was called being slightly uncomfortable.

Mindy placed my heels on my feet and buckled the ankle straps for me and then finished by lightly brushing my hair back into place. Mindy stood and looked at her creation.

“Lynn!! J-jjust look!” she said, and pointed me at the full length mirror hanging on the bathroom door.

That girl could not be ME! I was frozen looking at myself. Words fail to describe how I looked. I was so much more beautiful than when I had left the salon. I would never have dreamed that I could look — like this! I was afraid to move, for fear that the image would disappear.

“Well, girlfriend, did we do good?” Mindy asked. She still had a look of sadness about her.

“I can’t believe this is me!” I answered, enraptured and spellbound by my own reflection.

Then Mindy said, “Lynn. Do you really like it?”

“Mindy, how could I not? I love it! It’s ME!”

I could see a look of disappointment on Mindy’s face. “Do you really?” she asked again.

“Yes!” I brightened my smile. “I have finally become the girl which was voted Princess for our class. And I owe it all — to you!” I was radiating just how much of a girl I was when I had answered her. My happiness was showing through my smile, my movements, and the way that I was looking at myself in the mirror. I was turning this way and that to catch a different glimpse of myself, posing.

Tears started to trickle down from her eyes.

What the fudge did I say that was so wrong?

“Mindy, what’s wrong?” I asked as I stopped posing and looked at her.

“It’s nothing,” she answered.

I walked over to her and held her hands. “You know that not’s true Mindy. There is something wrong. Please tell me?”

“I know now that we shouldn’t have done this thing. We should have given in and admitted to this prank , stopping it before it had gotten this far. The way you just expressed yourself when you answered my question just told me. This was supposed to be a prank, and it’s turned into something altogether different. I ruined you!” Mindy sniffled, as her eyes filled with tears.

Huh?

“How did you ruin me?”

“You don’t understand, do you? You were a sweet little boy when all of this began. Now you look, feel, and I can see, are a girl now. I don’t know when it happened, but it did! You’ll never be the sweet boy I adored - ever again. And it’s my fault!” Mindy cried.

“Mindy, this is just a costume!” I replied in my most feminine voice. I was keen on not wanting to upset Mindy over this right now. Yes, I was a girl. Yes, she was right. But I wanted to a better place and time to break this to her. Not here. Not now.

Mindy took her finger and traced it along my cheek and chin. “Lynn, you have changed. Maybe you don’t see it, but I do and I feel responsible for it. You’re so natural at being a girl that you don’t even know the changes taking place about you. Everything you do screams girl now, even when you’re dressed as a boy. At school the kids thought you were weird for dressing like a boy. And everyone else seems to have always thought you were a girl. That shocked me too after your first day going to school as a girl. I had many kids approach me and ask me why you wear those clothes. She’s so pretty, what a waste, they said. Even then, it made you precious to me as a friend being a boy and being that way.”

“Lynn, you just aren’t the same person anymore. I’m so sorry… I damaged you,” Mindy sniffed.

“Mindy. Look. You’re not making any sense to me. I’m not damaged. And what would be so wrong if I really was a girl?” I pointed out.

“You were born a boy, that’s what’s wrong!”

I had to respond to that!

“Mindy, I wasn’t happy then either huh? But now I am. Mindy, I am a girl. I always have been. It’s just that I haven’t always been like this — out in the open. I was caged up inside. I was pretty much acting the entire time, trying to be a boy to please everyone else’s expectations of me. Everyone else chalked it up to my being weird or something. I had no idea that everyone, here at school, thought I had always been a girl! But guess what? I love being a girl and I would have never known it if you hadn’t helped me.”

“I know,” she sadly acknowledged and started to cry again.

I had to do something right now to stop this or Mindy would have me crying too! If I ruined my makeup, that would be disastrous!

“Mindy, please. Don’t cry. I could have ended this thing just as easily as you, but I was curious. I wanted to see what the other side saw, and I did. What happened has nothing to do with you. All I did was find myself. I would have eventually… and I’m sure it’s better now than later.”

Mindy squeezed my hand as I dabbed at her tears with some tissue.

I reassured Mindy, “I am always your friend Mindy. You did nothing wrong to me. Let’s go and join the others, okay?”

Mindy nodded. We gathered my things and carried them out of the office.
 

*          *          *

 
Mindy and I went to join the other girls for the photo shoot. Miss Benson couldn’t keep from staring at me. All during my photo session alone, She kept opening her mouth as if to say something , but didn’t. Carla and Tina Oooo’d! and AAhhh’d! me and even Melissa seemed impressed at the poses I was making and how I held myself to the camera. This stuff seemed really easy to do and the photographer didn’t have to instruct me much for the shots he wanted to take. I seemed a natural. And this was really great!

Carla’s turn for pose shots alone was next and I walked over to Miss Benson and Mindy feeling good about myself. Miss Benson was still giving me that odd look! What was wrong?

“Is there something wrong Miss Benson?” I asked, as I moved closer to her.

Miss Benson motioned for me to follow her around the corner. Mindy, curious as to what was happening, followed as well.

The sound of the camera’s clicking and the photographer’s instructions died down some as we got to a quiet spot.

“Child,” she whispered, “Is this some kind of prank you are both are pulling on me? Lynn, answer me truthfully. Are you really a boy?"

“I really don’t think I am anymore Ma’am. I mean physically, I am still a boy down below, but inside, I am a girl. This is who I’ve become and I am finally me! And I want to thank you for having given me the opportunity to be in this contest and Mindy for showing me who I really am,” I stated.

Miss Benson turned green when I said that. I knew why too. She had thought that she was teaching Mindy and I a lesson about jokes and their consequences. She was going to have a real laugh at my expense, but she didn’t know that I would become as beautiful as I had. I think the thing that scared her the most was that she could see that I wasn’t a boy masquerading as a girl anymore, but a girl who had finally become herself, and be a Princess. If any word of this were to get out, other adults might think she coerced or forced me into this and she might go to jail. I vowed that when the time came, if anyone accused her, I would stand up and admit that all of this was my own doing. After all, it was!

“Lynn,” Miss Benson timidly said, with a hint of sadness, “We’ll straighten everything out after all of this is over. You’re the prettiest Princess I have ever had grace my presence, so enjoy the rest of your day.”

“Thank you Miss Benson,” I smiled. “I will.”
 

*          *          *

 
I rejoined the girls for the group shots with just the queen and her court. Next, the guys had their pictures taken. That took a little longer than it should have because one of them was always putting two fingers up behind someone’s head. Miss Benson finally stepped in and told them that if they didn’t stop, there would be no boys in the pictures. I was relieved! I wanted this photo session to go well! I admit I was somewhat greedy in that aspect because I had a lot of myself invested in this moment and this day!

The entire Homecoming Court was next and then each class couple was photographed together. Lastly, some special non-published shots, specifically for the individual and their family and friends to have, were taken. The boys had a few taken, but the girls spent several minutes posing. I was the last and it took a long time for me to finish. Everyone else in the court was astonished at how long and how much attention the photographer paid towards me. I was becoming embarrassed! The other girls were waiting patiently for the man to finish, but I could feel a twinge of jealousy in their stares towards me. I caught it in their eyes as I changed poses.
 

*          *          *

 
“Just one more Lynn, you’re a natural!” he beamed. *click!* “There, all done!”

He walked over and helped me up off the floor from a reclining pose.

“Here’s my card. I really want you to call me, or have your parents do it for you. There’s a lot of money to be made for you dear girl, and I’d hate to see you miss out on it.”

What was he talking about? Money, me? Just for being a girl? Ummm, yeah. I’ll have to get back to you on that one later. There was going to be a line of people wanting me dead first starting tonight. Yeah, so ummm, I don’t think like that’s going to happen!

“Come on Lynn, the parade’s about to start,” Melissa agitatedly said. I could tell she was nervous because we were cutting it a little too close for time.
 

*          *          *

 
Miss Benson escorted us outside where we were greeted by four convertible cars. They were all old, and they were like from the sixties! They were beautiful!

I went into the first car with my escort, Bill Jones. Our car was an Olds 88 and was painted red and white.

Sophomore Princess Carla Stanton and her Prince Joey Feingold occupied the second car, a GTO that was all red.

The third car, a Dodge, held the juniors, Tina Weeks and Sean Murphy.

The last car, a Cadillac held Queen Melissa and her King Jason Carlson.

We all sat on top of the rear seat of the car we were assigned and waved to the audience as we traveled around the football field. Our side of the stadium cheered as we past, and of course the other side made jeers at the girls and commented on what they would like to do to us. Some of the remarks were downright filthy and anger seethed within me at them. Some made me blush. But I felt only felt better when Bill put his arm around my waist and held me against his side. Having a nice guy protecting me felt wonderful!

We arrived back at the gym and went inside to wait for the end of the game. We girls felt it best not to join the rest of the students in the bleachers because we might ruin our dresses. The guys gathered to one side and we girls sat in some chairs lining the wall. We talked about our escorts and who had the hottest one: Melissa did.

The game ended and we went to get ready for the dance. The dance was to be held in the gym so we waited in the girl’s locker room before we made our entrance. It took almost an hour before the gym filled with students and we were pretty much at the end of our rope, as far as patience was concerned.
 

*          *          *

 
Miss Benson finally came to line us up for the entrance to the dance. I was the first to enter because I’m the youngest and then the others would follow. My escort would join me from the door to the boy’s locker room. The music started and I walked out the door and saw Bill walking towards me. He’s very handsome and I couldn’t help smiling at him. A lot of the students cheered and yelled when they saw me come out. Boy was it loud! We met and joined arms. We walked towards the center of the room to be announced.

The cacophony of everyone cheering me and compliments being yelled out just kept on going! Stephanie Emming, the Student Body President, tapped the microphone a couple of times and then loudly stated, “Please everyone! Calm down. Calm down.” A couple of minutes later, it did. A few boys were still whistling at me!

“Ladies and gentlemen I’d like to introduce Princess Lynn Collins and Prince Bill Jones of this year’s freshman class,” she continued. The cheers roared again.

I have never felt more proud of myself at any point in my life than I did at that moment! I was a beautiful girl and I was presented for the entire world to see! My eyes begin to water. Oh please! Not now! I thought. Bill glanced over at me, and seeing that I was about to cry and getting incredibly shy pulled me tightly against his side where I rested my head against him. The cheering seemed to keep going. I managed to regain enough composure to walk with Bill over to our position.

The other three couples were introduced and then the dance started.
 

*          *          *

 
This whole affair had been magical to this point and the dance made it that much more special! The dance was almost like a fairy tale wedding! The King and Queen started dancing first and then the other couples followed suit. I was so overwhelmed, I practically melted into Bill’s arms as we danced the first dance. When the music ended I felt Bill pull away.

That woke me up.

“I have to find Ashley,” Bill said. “You were wonderful Lynn,” he continued as he backed away and began to look around for her.

I was crushed! Now I was all alone!

I was so infatuated with Bill that I forgot that he had a girlfriend already.

I didn’t remain that way for long. As soon as Bill left, some boy, I didn’t know, asked me to dance with him. And so it went for the remainder of the evening. Boys were lining up for the privilege to dance with me!
 

*          *          *

 
I remembered what it was like before I became a girl trying to impress girls that I liked to be my friend. And what a fool I made of myself! I had zero luck! Now… it was boys doing the same towards me! I felt empowered to have this kind of reaction from boys! I was flattered and felt wonderful both at the same time! I was desired! I was wanted! And a lot of them wanted me to be their girlfriend too! It overwhelmed my senses entirely! I went from grunge to a Princess in a little over two weeks and now boys begged to be with me! If they only knew the truth about me… they’d kill me!

I wasn’t going to let that thought ruin my night!

So I smiled and flirted with every guy that asked me to dance with them.
 

*          *          *

 
The dance was more than half over when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I had danced every dance so the tap wasn’t new. But this time, the boy was. I looked up into Jason Carlson’s eyes and felt a tenseness grip my body. Oh my God! He wants to dance with me! - a lowly freshman. I wanted to faint.

Jason’s strong grip around my waist and holding my dainty hand inside his rugged paw made me swoon. This just felt so right! This was absolutely what I was supposed to be! A girl! I felt privileged myself just being able to dance with him! I mean he barely even knew me, but I had seen him around school some. He was very handsome and his body was very fit!

Luckily that dance was fast so I was able to gather my wits about me before I made a fool of myself in front of him! We smiled and giggled at each other’s dance moves. It was all in good fun. Jason started to disrupt the line of boys still wanting to dance with me by telling them that I was his for the rest of the night. Oh Snap! That was a little up front in assuming that’s what I wanted! Oh shut up body! I know what you think! The next dance was slow and Jason pulled me up against him during it.

Jason is a very tall boy, and even with my heels on, I only managed to come to his shoulders. I lay my head upon his chest as I fell victim to the music, the moment, and him. I felt every romantic beat of the music as I imagined it to be his heart, beating for me, as we moved slowly around the floor. There was no way I would ever want be a boy again! Never! This magic of being a girl and being this way and feeling these feelings was everything I was about! I felt like I was his lover and, some part of me, never wanted this moment to end.

The music stopped and Jason and I hadn’t said a word. He lifted my face up gently from his chest and looked at my face. He saw slow trickles of tears coursing their way over my cheeks. Being the man he was, he took a handkerchief from his tuxedo jacket and dabbed at my eyes and wiped the bits of makeup that were ruined from them.

“What’s the matter Lynn?”

“Nothing… Jason. I’m just so happy right now.” I smiled a heartwarming smile back to him. We didn’t need to say anything more. The look in our eyes said everything that needed to be said to each other.

“Okay dear. Let’s rest,” he said taking my hand and leading me from the dance floor. We found some seats at the end of a table and Jason supported me as I lowered myself into the chair.

“I’ll get us some punch and a few snacks,” he beamed as he went off in search of them. My heart was still pounding in my chest.

Why was Jason having such an effect on me?

“Here you go, Lynn,” Jason said when he returned. He set down a small snack plate of veggies with dip some crackers and cheese spread. Then he set the two plastic cups of punch before us.

“Thank you,” I blushed. I didn’t know what else to say to this God of a man. I hope that I am satisfying him! I mean… impressed with me.

“Why haven’t I seen you around school here before?” he asked, all the while staring into my eyes, with those beautiful blue hunky orbs of his!

“I don’t know,” I nervously replied. ‘I was here all along Jason’ I thought to myself. ‘You would not have looked at me this way before either. You wouldn’t like the body beneath this dress.’ I quickly shoved that reality from my mind!

I guess Jason noticed how much a fool I was being in how I shied away at times from his stare to how I answered some of his questions.

“Geez Lynn! Relax. I’m just like any other guy you’ve been with. I know I’m a senior and you’re a freshman, but I can’t believe I could have missed seeing someone as beautiful as you here at school.”

“I’m ummmm, well, really kind of shy. I don’t have a lot of friends.” I answered, truthfully.

“I find that difficult to believe Lynn. Look, most of the boys here are still eying you, waiting for me to leave you all alone. How could you not have friends?”

I had some friends yeah. I made them all while attending school as a girl. But boys? Not really. I kept stoically fending them off of me. I’m just not ready for a boy friend to want more and my life is complicated enough as it is right now.

“Jason, before last week, I was really very shy. I sort of kept to myself and I did not have many friends. I was not ready for attention like this and it still scares me!”

Jason sort of chuckled. “There’s no reason for you to be shy. You’re the prettiest girl in the court if not the entire school!”

Omigod! Really? I blushed again.

“I’ve never thought of myself as being pretty. I want people to like me for who I am.”

“That’s just about the stupidest thing I have ever heard Lynn,” Jason snorted with a grin. “How could you think that you are not pretty looking the way that you do? You are beautiful in both personality and looks. You have an innocence and sweetness about you. You are special! I feel it emanating out from you. I can sense that you are a wonderful and exciting girl. You make me feel very proud just for allowing me to be here with you right now. Lynn, I knew from the first moment that I saw you that you were very special girl!”

I was blushing, big time! I just set down the carrot I had started to munch on with dip.

Jason had no idea how much he was affecting me, but his words put it over the top. I was starting to fall in love with this boy!

“I don’t know…,” I lightly whined in shyness. “The way that I was raised was to not draw attention to myself. I didn’t even enter this contest - my girl friend entered me into it on her own. I was like, so embarrassed, when I found out I had been entered and actually won.”

Jason smiled. “Well the school made the right decision in voting for you girl. You are doing something to me right now. Affecting me. God, you’re so gorgeous! Come on, let’s dance before I make a bigger fool of myself.” Jason embarrassingly said, blushing as badly as I was.
 

*          *          *

 
We left our food on the table as we danced the rest of the dances together. All of my admirers had stopped asking to dance with me because Jason had told a few of them off rather bluntly. This was the time of my life!

After another short break, the last dance was announced and all of the couples scrambled to take the person they wanted to be with. Jason held tightly onto my hand.

“Will you dance with me?” he asked.

What?

We have been doing that all night you crazy boy! What kind of stupid question was that? Of course I’d crawl through Hell itself to dance with you!

“I’d love to,” I responded. This almost felt like a something out of a wedding!
 

*          *          *

 
The music started and it was some love ballad from the seventies. It was so perfect! Jason and I danced closer and closer until I had both hands around his neck. I couldn’t hold him tight enough! I was so lost in the music that I swayed softly together in rhythm with him.

My eyes were closed and I was sort of daydreaming, imagining our children running to us, Jason and I, on the other side of the white picket fence. Mmmmmmm! I felt his arousal against my hip. He wanted me badly! Truth be told, I wanted him real bad too! My husband…

My eyes flew open! Fudge! What the heck am I thinking? I’m only fourteen! I’m still way too young to have a baby!

A baby…

That’s when I almost had a nervous breakdown. I shivered and was frightened. I’m not a real girl, and I doubted I ever would be. I wanted to have a baby! Jason’s baby, and soooo so bad! I kept wishing with all my might that God would have mercy on my poor soul and grant me my wish to be a real girl - where it counted! To feel it all and be one!

What was I supposed to do now?

Mindy had tricked me into this. And Miss Benson had sort of made made me follow through this with all of the options clearly laid out upon the table for me. I mean, How could I refuse her and let down the school? Even worse, I was falling in love with this older man, who didn’t even know that I was a boy! I wanted to cry.

Jason lowered his lips to mine and kissed me. It was soft and sensual and it did something to me that I never expected! It set off a warmth in my stomach that engulfed me and felt like a raging fire within! I wanted him!!!!! I wanted him now!! I looked up into his eyes through my tear filled vision. I saw the want as well within his eyes. He merely kissed me again and quelled further thinking as I lost myself between his lips.

When our lips parted, and I felt like a guppy out of water. My breath of life exhaled out. I was exhausted! But it felt soooo good! It was then that I noticed that the music was still playing. I closed my eyes again and drifted off into a love cocoon that Jason had so skillfully woven.

It was then I realized that the music had stopped. I slowly opened my eyes and felt the stares of the other students and faculty on me! We were the only couple left on the floor and we hadn’t stopped our dance!

“Jason,” I quickly whispered. “I think the music stopped.”

Jason, embarrassed glanced about, seeing that indeed, I was right. To make things worse he couldn’t pull himself from me. His thing between his legs had been bulging against me the entire dance, and even though I loved the feel of it, he couldn’t quite pull away from me without it showing! It made me feel wonderful that he wanted me so bad and embarrassed that others might see his lust for me too.

After a few more minutes of dancing, I could feel his bulge softening. “We should go,” he whispered into my ear has he gently chewed and bit on my right earlobe. OOooohhh God! That made me feel like I was his property! Wow!
 

*          *          *

 
I tried hard to regain my senses and realized what I needed to do.

“I have to find Mindy,” I sort of panicked. “She’s supposed to take me home.”

Oh gosh! Where has she been all night? I haven’t seen her!!!

“I wish it could be me instead of her, but I understand. Would it be okay if I could call you?” he asked.

I went flush. Why did he have this affect on me? He made me feel even more of a girl than Rex had back in the theater!

“Yes,” I answered quickly as I pulled out a pen from my purse and a slip of paper and jotted down my number.

“But my mom won’t let me date until I’m sixteen.”

I hoped that would settle everything that was going on between us. I mean, if it was up to me, I’d go out with Jason every minute of the day! But I knew I couldn’t, age not being the issue. I had responsibilities and things I needed to do. I was growing up myself and needed to be able to support myself one day.

“I’d like to call you anyways Lynn. I love you.”

Snap! I’d do anything for this guy… and then he had to spoil it with the L word. I love my mother, and no one else. I love Mindy too - but only as a friend. But now you just had to step over the line and say the word I was so afraid of. Love!

Why did you have to say that to me?

I wanted to die.

My heart went up to another level as he said that. How in the world am I supposed to respond to that? Gosh Jason, I’m really a guy, and look hot. Oh, and by the way, I love you too?

I never felt more shame in my entire life as I do now.

I didn’t even know Jason, but I knew that he was special too! I knew that I was really lucky to have a boy like Jason wanting me. I just can’t describe how I felt right now, at this moment - the silence was deafening me! I then felt streams of liquid running down my cheek.

Jason started dabbing at them with his handkerchief. I didn’t even see him get his handkerchief out, I was still so stunned and dazed!

And thank God Jason had enough of a brain to say something!

“I’m sorry Lynn. Perhaps I shouldn’t have said that. I know barely even know you, but my God, you’re someone very awesome to be with, you know?”

That I could respond to!

I leaned up and kissed him back on his lips. He paused dabbing my face and had his arms around my waist again as I sank back in the blessed waters of heaven within his embrace.

“You’re special to me too, Jason,” I swooned as we parted lips again.

I noticed that we hadn’t stopped holding hands either.
 

*          *          *

 
Miss Benson noticed us and came walking toward us. I thought she about to say something about our obvious show of affection.

“Lynn, do you have a ride home?” she asked.

“I’m riding with Mindy,” I responded.

“I was afraid of that,” she said, with concern in her voice. “Mindy was taken to the hospital.”

My stomach dropped! What the heck happened to her? Where was I going to change? The changing I could take care of, mom wasn’t going to be home for a couple of hours yet. But, Mindy! What happened?

“Oh no! Miss Benson, what happened to her?”

“I’m not at liberty to say, but she was taken by ambulance to the ER and her parents were notified and were going to be with her.”

I wanted to be with her right now in the hospital! I mean, She was my bestest friend in the entire world. I needed to be with her! But her parents… They might then find out about me and realize who I really was. I was not ready for that kind of quarrel, especially with Mindy in a hospital bed! Fudge! Fudge! Fudge!

“How am I going to get home?” I whimpered with my questioning eyes.

“Miss Benson, I’d be more than happy to take Lynn to her home,” Jason offered.

Miss Benson eyed Jason sharply and then back to me.

“If it wasn’t my responsibility to close the school, I’d be taking her home myself. Jason, I know you, and you’re a fine young man with outstanding grades. You haven’t been in any trouble the entire time you have been in this school. Lynn is it okay with you for Jason to take you home? Or would rather wait for me to lock up and have me take you?”

I hovered in thought for a moment. I love this man — a lot. I guess I could trust him.

“I’d like for him to take me home, that is, if it’s alright with you Miss Benson?”

She looked sternly at Jason.

“I’ll let you take Lynn home, but don’t you dare do anything to change my image of you. And Lynn, you behave yourself,” she admonished.

Did I mention that we had stopped holding hands during our conversation with Miss Benson? Our hands found each other again except that our fingers intertwined this time. We were all smiles.
 

*          *          *

 
Jason drove me home and I sat as close to him as possible. He sort of behaved except when his hand found its way to my knee. I thought I was going to die when he touched it! To make matters worse he started to caress it. I wanted to crawl all over him!

I had no idea what he was doing as I felt his hand move slowly higher on my thigh, his fingers gently caressing my inner thigh. My body was telling me that I was his! And I liked what he was doing! Luckily nothing else happened before we reached my house. He had only touched my thigh near my knees, but if he had gone any farther… I don’t know what would have happened!

Jason walked me to my door. He looked at me and pulled me to him again. Our lips touched and the magic flowed! I was in love with the King of the Homecoming! He should have been with Melissa, but instead, he had left her to drive me home! Our lips parted and I couldn’t help myself, I pushed away from him.

“I’m sorry, Lynn. I shouldn’t have rushed things,” he apologized.

Rushed things? God, I’m only fourteen and you want to get into my panties?

“I’m sorry too, Jason. I’m not ready yet for what it is we both want,” I said.

I felt kind of grown up in my response. I had told the boy I so wanted badly to be with that I was a girl with a mind of my own. He also knew I had morals and was sticking to them. I felt proud of myself, for being an adult.

“Well hey, I’ll catch you at school.” he grinned after one last peck on my cheek and then walked back to his car.

So much for being Miss older woman! *sigh* If only…

I entered my house and Jason watched until I had closed the door. He definitely had manners!
 

*          *          *

 
Now I had something else to take care of... ME! I wasn’t the person that had left the house this morning! And I didn’t have Mindy to help me to become Lynn the boy again. And gosh! I was so tired and sore from all of the dancing! As much as I hated too, I knew that my costume had to be removed. Costume? Those were the dying words of the boy within me. The girl that I was recanted that this was natural for who I was and what I am supposed to wear. That was so much stronger of a response than the initial boyish protest had been.

It was then, that I felt a cold chill and something left me.

I shivered.
 

*          *          *

 
I walked over to the sofa and lowered myself slowly into it properly like I had seen other girls do. I smoothed my dress out before I slowly sat and didn’t plop down into it like a boy. I was a regal girl. I sat for a moment and thought about my day. I did feel special. I cleared my head and tried to let Lynn the boy take back over. Try as I might, he wasn’t there!

Did something just happen to me?

Oh gosh! What do I do? Take off the heels first, and then the rest will be easy, I thought. I reached for the ankle buckle on my heels. Mindy had done this for me and now I had to do it for myself. I pulled at the strap and felt my fingers slip away from the buckle. Crap! These nails are in the way! And if I try too hard, I may break them! That would be disastrous!

Think Lynn! Think! There has to be a way to remove my heels without chipping my nails! Wait a minute, I thought, I’ll think of something! Girls do this all the time and don’t have a problem, so I’ll figure it out!

If I had thought properly about this at the time, ‘Who gives a fudge what happened to my nails? Just as long as they were gone by the time mom got home!’, I might still be a boy to this day. But that’s not where my head was. There was no way I was going to ruin my nails! I crossed my legs at my knees and tucked my foot behind my ankle.

I’ll think of something!

I thought about just going ahead and changing out of my clothes, but again, that wasn't where my head was. I was in Jason’s arms, kissing him and letting his hands start to crawl about me. I drifted off in Jason’s embrace. The more I thought about him, the softer my body felt. Sleep took over as he was holding me and covering me with kisses.
 

*          *          *

 
Susan Collins pushed her key into the dead lock on her door. The pins slid softly over the cuts on the key. The bolt snapped open with a click. Susan had had several drinks at the shower after the wedding reception she had attended and was slightly giddy as she entered her house. She closed the door softly, not wanting to wake her son whom she knew must be in bed by now.

She walked in towards the living room, trying to keep her heels from clicking on the hardwood floor.

It was then she saw a girl sleeping on her couch!

Her first thought when she saw the lovely young woman on the sofa, was that her baby had finally found a girl friend! She smiled. She looked at the girl as only a mother would. She wasn’t Mindy, thank God for that! Not that Susan didn’t like Mindy, but she was too much like her son. No, this girl was definitely different. She was beautiful and showed such class! She almost appeared to be like a model!

Her hair was perfect for her face, and she didn’t sit with her legs apart, even though she was asleep! She was definitely a special person!

Susan wondered where her son was?

She was going to call out, but thought better of it. Why not talk to Lynn’s girlfriend before he has a chance to skew her answers? she grinned in her thoughts. Susan walked over to the girl and touched her shoulder just enough to wake her.
 

*          *          *

 
Jason was gently kiss/nibbling my neck, as I was leaning all the way back, offering it to him, when I felt my shoulder being shaken. What? What’s going on?

I slowly opened my eyes and saw someone I didn’t want to see! Fear started to grab a hold of me!

“Mommy?” I hazily asked, as I awoke to the horror of the situation I was now in.

Then it hit me - the perversion of who and what I was and my feelings, the hiding and sneaking around, all the tension of the last two weeks, everything that was wrong with what I had done. My eyes filled with tears as I shook. There was nothing I could do to stop them! I felt fear as I knew she was absolutely going to hate me now. I couldn’t feel shame for loving being a girl, because that’s what I had become. I was ashamed I had let my mother down and now she was going to hate me forever! My life was over!

The tears flowed.

My mother just dropped her handbag. The thud of it hitting the floor echoed about the room.

“Mommy!!!"


 

To Be Continued in Book Two - Princess Found

up
136 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I think

I think the best compliment I can give is...

I cried happy tears with this episode.

Thank you.

Battery.jpg

Now i just can't wait

for the next chapter Arecee.... This chapter was sooo! good, At last Lynn has found her real self...But now comes the $64,000 question, Just what will Mom make to her beautiful daughter? Will she accept her for who she's become or will Mom force her back to being her son once again?

Lovely writing Arecee, I really love this story, Thanks for posting it.

Hugs Kirri

This is soooooo special

I mean it, the whole chapter was very well written, and I just love what I read.

What's more to say,
this is
perfect

I wish I was Lynn, she had such a wonderful experience there
Please continue to makes us dream with your story, and enlighten us on her coming out to her mother. Can't wait.

Mildred

Aww!

As I've said before, even though I've read the original many times, your revision is so well done it's almost like reading a completely new story. Lynn was a great CHARACTER in the first version, but this time around she is much more of a real person, and so are all the other people around her. Your craft has improved so much since the time you wrote the original, it isn't just a story any more, it's something else, far better.

Thank you, and I can't wait to read on into the revised version of "Princess Found."

Melanie E.

Ditto

I keep meaning to comment on this story, but Melanie keeps beating me to it, saying pretty much what I had intended to say, only more eloquently. I know a "me too" comment is kind of lame, but I at least wanted to add my voice and let you know I'm here and enjoying the ride immensely along with everyone else, even if everything I have to say has already been covered nicely.

Lynn Told The Truth

This was a sweet chapter, seeing Lynn accepting her role. But I wonder what an MRI wold show, or a blod sample?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

If only

You can be transgendered without having something abnormal in your body. I wish there was something with me, but it seems so far I was a normal transsexual. Not intersex.

Lynn is so femminine, and somehow, that doesn't surprise me. I think that maybe for MTF transsexuals, they are too far on the girl side to fit in a normale male role, and if they do transition, I'm not surprised to see them on the girlie side.

Well, I can tell, I'm much more feminine than my mother I think.

And still, my body seemed perfectly normal from doctors' point of view. Well, I have to admit that my puberty started late and I didn't experience many changes, so hormones did a great job quickly. But, I had blood samples taken, and no one noticed anything abnormal.

I really love this story.

And, for a last work, I'd like to know what happened to Mindy, I sincerely hope she's well. I suppose that's the next thing Lynn will do, beside talking to her mother :)

And, don't take too long for the next chapter, I can't wait.
:)
Mildred

I'm really loving this

I'm really loving this story.
Please don't make us wait too long for "Princess Found".

Kim

Girls can be more vindictive...

and gross when talking about boys. When girls get started boys don't stand a chance of winning the "gross out" contest over the girls. I really loved reading this chapter, and why wasn't there a warning here that said "3 box tissue romance"? I really loved how Jason and Lynn spent the night. It was sooooooo romantic. But now Lynn the girl has a lot of explaining to do to her mother, and hopefully her mother will be accepting of her daughter. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Define gross

What do you mean by ‘gross’?

By the way, Arecee, I'm very impatient to read the next part, but take your time if you need (I surely do). I haven't read the original version since it seems this one is better but I might if I have to wait too long :)

Mildred

lynn

So sweet and romantic, but now mom enters the picture. I think, there will be surprises for all, of course. But love is wonderful and healing. And a mothers love, is forgiving. Mary

Mommy

I'm sure those words were shocking, but I think that mom will embrace her new daughter. The moment of truth has arrived and its not going to be ugly. Mothers always know and I'm sure this is no different, mom knew when she noticed her sons mannerisms so now she has the full picture and its a beautiful daughter.

Lynns libido has cast the final bit of masculinity away.

This is the dream story every boy who wants to be a girl can enjoy and live over and over in their head. Great job Arecee

Jill Micayla
May you have a wonderful today and a better tomorrow

Jill Micayla
Be kinder than necessary,Because everyone you meet
Is fighting some kind of battle.

Excellent Job!

Excellent job on the new version of this story, Arecee! I'd enjoyed the original; but this version was so much better. You have definitely improved your writing! I found myself feeling for Lynn so much more this time around! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Jenny

Jenny

And now.....

Arecee,
First of all, thank you dearly. This is a great re-write of a story I enjoyed years ago. You fleshed out several areas that were run through too quickly in the original version, making it more readable, understandable and believable. Now, Please don't jump directly to the trial like the original version of Princess Found did. I hope that you will add the mother's reaction and the settlements with Miss Benson that were completely left out in the original, and that so many of us are asking for. Please be kind to us.
Avid Reader

liked the ending..

Our home coming princess is out! Very interested in how Mummy will react. Suspecting and knowing are 2 different experiences.

I liked how you used Lynn's thoughts to show us the mental awakening of Lynn the girl and the loss of Lynn the boy.

Thanks for pleasuring us with your talent.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

A cliffhanger

I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Mir

Interesting that the 'It's too sudden'

... mafia on Big Closet is not putting their two cents worth in the comments. After all Lynn did not ever mention any Gender Variant feelings before this whole boondoggle happened.

I and other like minded reader firmly believe that revelations about one's true gender can occur at ANY stage of one's life. *HALLELUIAH!* ;-).

Kim

Lynn Had Been Keeping Her Disatisfaction of Life Under a Lid

... as in a boiling pot! She did not know what it was exactly before, and her natural reaction to fear trying to be the other sex ( from when she had been a boy) kept her from exploring it until Mindy & Miss Benson happened in her life at that time. Lynn was actually a girl in personality and 'thought' she was a boy, calling herself and her actions male as well. Her mother, well, I can't say anything about her feelings (because of obvious plot continuation) other than she saw Lynn as her son, despite how he may have looked or acted.

Circumstances and a sense of loyalty bubbled up on top inside Lynn's head as the story moved along because she started to realize just how much of a rowdy loose cannon of a kid she had been and how much stress she had put her mother through. Her Mother had a rough life too. So Lynn was not only exploring what she was, she also changed to be a better person of what she wanted to become. She wanted to impress her mother and help her some to not only get to know her better, but to start to let out who she was inside. Lynn really adored her Mother, though earlier in life, she did not express it like how she started to when this story began.

When Mindy let Lynn's girl side loose, it wasn't going to go back in! After all, Lynn was a girl inside all along. She was living up to standards that were not hers. Misplaced notions about Lynn's father's personality were loosely applied to her mother as well. And Lynn was totally uncomfortable with what she assumed she was. It never felt right and she didn't know how to express herself or free herself from her own locked in view of what she was. Once she had been shown how to free herself from society's grind on sexuality, she became a whole person. Hence, everything was being seen by her from an entirely new perspective.

So yes, it can happen at any stage of a person's life. What this means it that some people have a higher endurance to stay bottled up longer than others. Some can't and break apart to be themselves sooner rather than later.

Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf
TGLibbrary.com            "Alone, and waiting throughout eternity to be rejoined to the soul that I cherish above all others"

My fervent hope

I have been coresponding with Basic Rights Oregon, and they are starting a reqruitment cycle. Their intent is to begin working for better rights and treatment of T folk. One of the Organizers is also works with the national Democratic Party.

We have talked and it is my fervent desire that people like me can be identified very early, and get sound compassionate treatment. I hope that eventually late life transitions will be greatly reduced or eliminated. I have been reading about various tests that may be developed that will anatomically identify T folk long before they even know themselves.

Most of us know about the Swedish tests, and there are others who are dedicated to solving the puzzle surrounding the whole GBLT thing. Hopefully, eventually no child will ever be subjected to the horrors that I and many others were subjected to.

I am very frightened about my venture into activisim because I do not suffer fools easily, so sitting in endless meetings listening to people ramble on about inane things that really have little real relevance just makes me feel irascable. Now, if you want someone killed, that would be me. It is a part of my nature that I constantly have to manage.

M'salama

Khadija

Well, If You Insist... <g>

No, I'm not going to object here. (Nor, of course, can I speak for Rami, Jezzi and whoever else you'd put into your category.)

The fundamental differences between Lynn's transition here (so far) and A.A.'s Erika come down to two related points, IMO:

- Erika spent most of the Camp Kumoni story questioning it herself, and almost had to talk herself into deciding she had feminine feelings over and above being part of a group that happened to be all-female. While it may have taken Lynn's interactions with the other princesses and with the new boyfriend in this chapter to crystalize her feelings, I didn't see anything comparable here.

- Erika needed an escape from being Eric the Plague, and in effect grabbed hold of the first good one she discovered. Lynn didn't need an escape: to all appearances, as a water polo player and a prankster, he got along fine despite his insecurities and didn't have deep personal issues. So the whole ulterior-motive question doesn't come up.

Certainly the question isn't totally cut and dried. An argument could be made that what Lynn is actually doing here is blending in like a chameleon and meeting the expectations of others -- from the matrons at the meeting to the beauticians at the salon to the crowd at the dance -- for a homecoming princess, and that her crush on Jason, in reaching the point of "I want to have his children", is Lynn's mental picture on the cusp of parody as to what his (male) mind thinks a GG would be feeling in that situation. (And that could still be true if the story were to develop in that direction this time around, though the subtitle Princess Found seems like a pretty good indication that it won't.)

But I didn't see a need to bring that up now until you in effect asked, Kim. I don't insist that gender-conflicted feelings can't surface after early childhood -- histories on this site and elsewhere, including at least one of Erika's second-guessers here, say otherwise. But indications in Erika's story opened up the question in that instance. Those here didn't warrant such a discussion at this point, IMO.

Eric

I don't think so Eric.

Lynn originally was doing this as a prank, yes, but it backfired. Since it backfired Lynn has had opportunity after opportunity to back out and accept the punishment Miss Benson was going to give. Then along came feelings, and feelings got in the way. This story shows Lynn the boy slowly transitioning into Lynn the girl. And it is a beautiful transition too. Your comments here are like not even germaine to the story. I like this story, because Lynn is how old? 14? And that is about when we start coming into our own sexuality, and Lynn has certainly done that, with a little help, yes, but help Lynn the girl now embraces. The homecoming dance was the turning point. When Lynn got home she had every intention on changing out of the clothes she had on, but then subconsciously reminisced about her date with Jason and everything that happened and fell asleep. If Lynn still had any boy left in her, you can bet your bottom dollar she would have changed. But her mind is now female, totally, and she now has to explain to her mother why she is dressed like a princess and not a prince.

And this isn't my philosophical, mind bending thoughts or even a twisting of the facts. I am going by the story. I have never read the original story that I recall, but this story has images and dialogue that you would find anywhere in real life. No Eric Lynn the girl is here to stay, and now mother has two options; either embrace her new daughter or sue Miss Benson in her part of feminizing her son.

It is going to be very interesting to see where this goes from here. I am waiting very impatiently for the next chapter.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

I Don't Think So Either...

...but the note to which I was responding said in effect that there wasn't any such possibility, and I begged, as it were, to differ.

I agree with you completely that Lynn's behaving as if she no longer "had any boy left in her". But it doesn't seem certain to me that what she's feeling genuinely reflects her inner being. It's possible that her mind, in preparing her for the role of homecoming princess, is reflecting what others expect to see, and -- even more -- her subconscious thoughts/feelings on how a girl would react and behave under these conditions.

A talented member of the acting profession, in fiction or reality, can lose himself or herself in preparing for or playing a feature role. It's not impossible that's what we're seeing here, at least on an intuitive basis.

If that were what was happening, I don't think the story would have to be written any differently so far, especially since we know this is all new to Lynn. And your point that Lynn is at the point in life where "we start coming into our own sexuality" and experience new things along those lines works equally well with either interpretation -- especially when it comes to the crush on Jason.

Do I think that's likely? No, especially not when we've been told that the next part is subtitled "Princess Found." But it does, IMO, represent a legitimate alternative way to read the information that we've been getting from Lynn so far. If you (and others) disagree, fair enough.

Eric

It depends on where you want it to go

This story has changed a lot from the original, although the story line hasn't. I tend to agree with Kimmie with regards to the discovery of Lynn being a T girl whereas my editor sees things differently. We've gone round and round as to where this story should go and I believe we've reached a pretty good compromise. With regards to the next chapter, it won't start with the trial as the first one did and I'll be spending much more time concentrating on the mother's feelings about this whole thing. Please bare with me though with regards to time, I have a real job and I have to take care of that first. The last thing I have to say is THANK YOU to my editors for all their hard work in pulling this story together. Thanks Holly and Sephrena, Arecee

Well, Mommy knows!! Now, I

Well, Mommy knows!! Now, I want to know what happened to Mindy. I think Lynn and her Mother are going to be taking a quick trip to the hospital to see Mindy. J-Lynn

love your story

I just had to tell you how much I love your story. Lynn's courage is great wonder and fun. She has taken the opportunity to the hilt. I think her Mom will see the beauty in her and appreciate the gift of her new daughter. This writing style keeps me smiling and so totally into the story.

Lana Lund

Lana Lund

Lady in Red

That's the song that floated into my head during the dance scene. It's an 80s song, by Chris de Burgh, but it's all I could think of, and it's highly appropriate to the scene. I'm sorry that I never noticed this until the latest revisions were posted.

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard