A Glass Half-Full (Chapter 5)

Printer-friendly version

(Removed to make Glass available via Kindle Unlimited)

up
86 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Greedy for More

terrynaut's picture

Ah yes. I remember it all well. It's been years since I've read this but I have a pretty good memory. :)

Once again, I loved the healing. The subsequent fight scene was good too.

Now if only I can just wait for Dawn and Diane to get together properly. I'm tempted to go elsewhere to read more, but I'll wait. :)

Thanks so much for posting this here. That way, I can vote for it and leave comments. :)

- Terry

Cheater!

Yes I'm a Cheater! I just had to go and read more! It wasn't my fault someone said some other chapters were at Sapphires! This story was just too good and I'm so weak!!!! sob... :)

Glass Half-Full has so many elements running though it at the same time. Parts remind of a old war story of a burned-out combat vet pulled off the front lines to train the new recruits while others are giving me Kung-Fu Panda flashbacks with the way the students are healing their teacher.

As Karen has pointed out some of intimate scenes are quite hot and steamy, but I am glad to see Kristen has Diane at 18 to ease my fuddy duddy concerns about Dawn's real age being much greater than her apparent one. Strange that in a way that Diane is more mature with certain issues than Dawn, but maybe not given how David/Dawn was nearly raised from kindergarten as a warrior.

Great story Kristen and I'm so glad you're re-posting it because this is one I've missed in my wanderings! May your muse speak of more wondrous adventures of our heroes because I for one am anxious to read more beyond Chapter 9 !!!!

Hugs!

grover

PS: Since I mentioned Kung-Fu Panda here is my review. I was all prepared not to like this. Oh great another silly kid's movie. Nope sorry, not so. It did give a lite version of Eastern philosophy for western eyes, but I found I really enjoyed it. Besides it featured a lovable character who was judged by how they appeared, but who dared dreamed of becoming something more. Who here could get into a story like that? :)
grover scale of 8.5 out of 10.

Looks As If

The battle lines are being drawn.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I was going to ignore this

I was going to ignore this story because I'm not really into "good vs evil" types of stories, but I needed a distraction from working on a hobby. And then I just couldn't stop reading... So anyway, this is a good story, well worth reading. Much better than Kung Fu Panda! *grin*

Saphires, eh...

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue

Interesting that Jason is

Interesting that Jason is narrated in third person.

Um... do something about that mega speach block. I think that might be acceptable for paperback, but it's horrible for online stuff.

Stuff with the two sword fighting movers and what happened afterwards was a bit slow for my liking.

Why did you call the dark-boy oathbreaker?

Interesting stuff to learn about the dark side, but I'd love to know why they actually do that stuff. Summoning Demons... that's as short term benefit as it could possibly be. Why are the demons evil anyway?

Thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

they will have

a hard time finding David. great chapter, thanks

Ooof!!

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

Jason sighed, knowing where this was going.
 
"Jason?"
 
"I'm not going to have a clue what you're talking about unless I let you tell me about the shopping?"
 
"I told you that!"
 
"Ok..."
 
"What?"
 
"Ok... tell me about the shopping."

WALL OF TEXT!!!!!!

“<gro-o-oan…> Oh Gho-o-o-o-o-o-d-d-d…”


There was a Radio Shack next door to the Goodwill, so I decided to stop there before heading back out towards the Mall and the Olive Garden.
[…]
It was hard to believe that it was afternoon already. The day was flying by, especially compared to yesterday when I had managed to get so much done in a very small amount of time. It made me wonder about just how structured time really was...

Corporate America already has something in R&D. Real Soon Now™, there will be a time compression utility that will allow you to shop all day, and then discover when you leave that only a half hour has passed in “real” time. Students in the Magic Department and Divisor Labs at Whateley are working on it, even as we speak…