A Glass Half-Full (Epilogue)

Printer-friendly version

(Removed to make Glass available via Kindle Unlimited)

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

WooHoo! Thank you for the

WooHoo!

Thank you for the excellent story. I hope to see the next story soon (evil cliffhanger!)

BW


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Loved the Story

I've loved the story, and I'll be looking forward to Book 2.

Hope it's not gonna be too long before it arrives.

Signed, Someone who loves your stories.

Let the flames of inspiration blaze within, and the sky be less of a limit, and more of a challenge

Something important is missing

Um... I can't help but to feel like a chapter is missing between the end of the last chapter and the beginning of this epilogue. Did I somehow miss a chapter 12 that's not in the list?

Last it seemed like the Demon was winning, and now he's apparently wiped out by Deus Ex Machina. And we have no idea what happened, how it happened. This end feels deeply lacking to me. The end of a book should be an end and not a gigantic WTF after a cliffhanger in the previous chapter.

This was a great story, but please do something about this ending. It really doesn't work the way it is now.

Anyway, thank you for writing,
Beyogi

The very end of the last

The very end of the last chapter showed that she basically exploded. Immolating spiritual fire.

In this chapter, we find that the spiritual fire started a real fire. Then that the demon was exterminated, not just driven back.

--
I'll admit that I think there could be a bit more to the explanations myself.

BW


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Hmm

You might keep in mind that this is written to be a novel not an episodic release. And for the reader with the full novel in hand, chapter 11 is the 'end'... it's the last chapter. There's no 'end of segment cliffhanger' because there's no delay between reading the final words of chapter 11 and getting 'some' resolution out of the Epilogue. But even there, the story isn't 'done' ... in the sense that its meant to be a three book trilogy. So there are things that are unresolved at the end of the book. And part of that is 'how' Dawn won the fight... because she doesn't know at this point, other than that there was fire. However... if you consider that one of her main weapons along the way has been 'evolving' along with her... and burns with a silver flame... you might start down the path to understanding the ending sooner rather than later.

But at this point in the story, Dawn doesn't understand (or even remember) what she did... and barely believes it herself.

well thanks for

not leaving us hanging long... and then hanging us off a different cliff. hope to see book 2 soon. questions questions questions.
thanks

book 2

I'm afraid book two will be a bit. I have a bit of writing to do for the Whateley Universe and I'm in the midst of a more mainstream piece (mainstream in the sense that there is no TG in it... but it is still very similar to Glass) for publication. Finishing Glass and getting it published on Kindle was sort of a 'trial process' for that. I'll post a link once its finalized, but Glass should be available for purchase on Kindle through Amazon by the end of the week in most markets (and possibly as early as the end of the day tomorrow here in the US).

If anyone would like to be on a 'beta reader' team for that book, PM me. Expertise on WWI era business and history would be helpful as will be a non-Hollywood background in mythology and deity pantheons.

Glass on Amazon

My novel "A Glass Half-Full" is now published on Amazon.com for Kindle. I've kept the price tag fairly low and may drop it a bit lower at some point. For those of you outside the US, I'm not sure if its up on your local marketplace versions of Amazon yet, but I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know when it is.

For those of you who have said you loved the story, a couple great reviews would be really welcome and help get the book a bigger audience (and help me sell the book).

Thanks!

This has been one of my favorite stories

All the way back to Sapphire's Place. While on the one hand there was real concern when this chapter was marked as an epilogue, to find out you're continuing the story in a new book is very exciting!

There's a lot to love: the characterizations, the message of redemptions, and the hero's journey all play a part. Thank you for sharing — we're all looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks :)

I'm glad you've enjoyed it. It's always been a bit of a 'risky' story for me because, as might be obvious from some of the earlier chapter comments; I've put a lot of my own spiritual journey and understanding of the mystical experience into it. And that's not always welcome, or understood, and its definitely not 'safe' ... and that doesn't even get in to the TG side of things which is easily as bad as the pagan message these days.

It is selling on Amazon. Not quickly by any means, but as long as it does; I have motivation to work on the next one. Although, given the way stories make me write them... I'll eventually write them whether they sell or not. I won't have a choice. :)

Loved it...

I must admit somehow this story had slipped under my radar at some point, as while I suspect I had read some of the earlier chapters I certainly hadn't read this far. Then I saw the link in you sig on the crystal hall forums and bought it. Now all I need is book two/three and I'll be happy.

LN

The Legendary Lost Ninja

Fantastic Story

Apostasy's picture

This story was a fantastic read, and all I can say is that I'm disappointed to have come to the end. I'm hoping it won't be too much longer before we start seeing book two, but considering how heavily involved with Whateley you are, along with whatever else you have going on in life, I fear that won't be the case.