Bridesmaid Rehearsals: Part 8 - The Wedding

Printer-friendly version

T he next few days were quiet compared to the last few weeks. Katie and I had split up, she said she didn’t want a boyfriend who would dress up like i had been and although she had great fun the evening they had me dress up as a maid and other outfits, she said we had grown apart. I tried to convince her otherwise but it wasn’t a very hard attempt to win her back as my mind was growing more and more fond of Rachel.

Sophie didn’t try to dress me up or put make up on me but we did have a few tough conversations when she realised Katie wouldn’t be at the service. She had one bridesmaid (Annie) and I said that should be enough. She didn't agree but dropped the subject after a while. She even gave me back the remaining ‘I owe you’ slips

The night before the wedding I had a heart to heart with mum. She told me how proud she was for the support i had been giving Sophie during the lead up to the wedding and she said sometimes we need to make decisions, no matter how difficult, for the sake of others and our loved ones and sometimes must put aside our own insecurities. I knew she was leaning to a point but didn’t think anymore of it.

We were all to stay in a small hotel close to the church on the evening before the wedding. I packed a couple of things but mainly just took the clothes i was wearing and mum had a bundle of wrapped dresses and my suit as well as a couple of her own cases. We went, just the two of us, as the girls had left earlier.

We arrived for dinner and then had a quiet evening and we went to bed early. I had my own room. There was an extra case in my room, and two hanging, wrapped (Sarahs Bridal Boutique) bundles. A note on my bed simply said ‘I’ll wake you at 8, you’ll have an hour to get ready either way, x Mum x’. What did she mean ‘either way?’

I woke up to a knock at the door. It was 8:45, I sleepily opened it. Mum was there.

‘Morning sleepy head!’ She said ‘it’s wedding day. You need to decide. Two options. I hope you do the right thing’

‘What do you mean?’ I asked.

‘I packed a few things for you, and you have just under an hour to get ready, call me when you are dressed’.

The door shut after she handed me a breakfast tray. I couldn't eat much as immediately butterflies filled my stomach with anxious but eager anticipation now suspicious I knew what she was hinting at.

I opended my case. A fresh pair of boxer shorts and socks and not much else.

I picked up the extra case. Put it on the bed and slowly opened it. It was full to the brim. Satins, soft materials and a perfumed smell as it erupted when it opened. Lingerie, the same as i wore the day i was fitted for the bridesmaid dress. A couple of what looked like skirts and blouses, a bag of make up, stockings and suspenders, bridal shoes and i immediately knew what i was being asked to do. I turned to the hanging package and ripped it open. There was the light blue, full length, bridesmaids dress.

I sat for what felt like ages, everything had been building up to this moment i now realised but i wasn’t being forced, bribed or ‘encouraged’, it would be my decision. I still had my suit and i could easily just go as me…or i could help Sophies day be as perfect as she has imagined, with two bridesmaids, not one!

I showered. I put on my clean boxer shorts then stopped. I looked through the case mum had left me and the soft beautiful underwear that was waiting for me. There was even a satin robe with ‘the best bridesmaid’ embroidered on the back in pink lettering.

I took off my boxer shorts and slipped on the satin briefs, a padded satin bralet was next and a satin slip that covered me to my mid thigh. I put on the shiny satin feeling stockings, that were held up by a matching suspender belt. I slipped on the robe and then the shoes. I stopped and sat again, paused, considered my decision. Then another knock at the door.

Mum called out, ‘have you decided?’ I stood and opened the door.

Mum immediately hugged me trying not to cry as her make up was already applied. She looked amazing. She promised me I was about to transform and she started on my make up while I sat, in the lingerie and satin robe.

Just as Suzie had done a few weeks ago the make up was applied to perfection but this time with the mirror in front of me I watched the whole transformation. Mum let me put on my own lipstick and gloss and gave me a small purse to keep them in that I would later realise matched the dress (all pre planned!).

All set, perfume sprayed and some delicate jewellery on my neck and wrist mum helped me unwrap the dress. It was the one Rachel told me looked and fitted best. Light blue satin and every bit as feminine as anything I had worn in recent weeks.

Laid out like a ring on the floor, I stepped into the bundled material and mum pulled it up, resting it on my shoulders and working the zip up to close it as the dress tightened around me. This time it was the perfect length on me. I was set, mum was gushing and I was about to step out into the world as a bridesmaid.

A short walk to the church, and gradually attracting attention from the arriving congregation, we met Sophie in a small holding area at the end of the aisle ‘thank u sweetie’ is all she said. Annie smiled and winked at me ‘knew you wouldn’t be able to resist ‘Titch’’ she said.

As we walked along behind Soohie towards the alter I spotted Rachel in the crowd, she had made a special effort too looking amazing, smiling and blowing me a kiss.

The service was lovely but quite long. I was glad to sit after spending over an hour standing in my heels and the dress (that was actually quite heavy) and holding a bouquet with the whole congregation facing my way. I knew they were looking at the bride but did feel somewhat self conscious.

Walking into and out of the church raised all sorts of feelings. The air was cool and so the feeling on my satin wrapped legs was continuous, and quite distracting, in a pleasant way. As I walked I could feel the dress against my legs and the tightness around my body. My heels made quite a noise on the stone floor and I was conscious of my appearance, heavily made up, in front of the crowd. Knowing Rachel was there carried me through giving me the confidence to hold my (pretty) head high for the service.

Rachel was sweet to me the whole day. She helped calm my nerves from the moment i saw her. We sat together at the reception and she fussed with me all day making sure i felt like the princess she said i deserved to be. She tidied my hair when it needed it, she was constantly on hand to touch up my make up, mainly my mascara, eyeliner and lips. She paid very close, and often, attention to my lips saying she wanted me to be the envy of all the girls, and boys, in the room.

Part way through the evening, after the speeches where Sophie gave me so many compliments I lost count, she changed into her evening outfit. She chose the black dress with satin gloves that I had modelled for her only a few days before, and had a complete hair and make up refresh for the occasion. She told me to change and I went to my room where, laid out on the bed, the red dress was waiting. A black pair of shiny stockings and full change of lingerie in the same tone of red were also left for me. Rachel had followed me and helped me change my make up to make it suitable for the evening and helped me change. I think she mainly did it as she liked playing around with me and i couldn't really argue, I was enjoying every minute of it. I really had been her toy for the day.

We had some fun and a few drinks and the party was raging, but i had to leave as i was shattered. Rachel and i shared a taxi home but she didn't come in. She told me she wanted to keep me keen for ‘next time’. I was aware, as i slowly walked along the path to our house wearing the high heeled shoes, with the tight hem of my long red dress restricting my speed and feeling slightly embarrassed about the whole day and how it had all played out, that she watched. I turned to her before i entered the door and she blew me a kiss and had a huge grin. ‘Until next time gorgeous’ she yelled!

The day was a success, and Sophie had an unforgettable wedding, but i was pleased to change into comfortable clothes and out of the high heels. Well, a mini skirt I found in one of my drawers where Sophie had been giving me a few things here and there and a fitted blouse that had a satin body with sheer, soft sleeves. I might as well finish the day in a skirt I thought. I hung my dress up and poured myself a large drink! Mum wouldn't be home for ages.

This is the close to the end of the story, but it wouldn't be the last time i’d wear lingerie, dresses, skirts, heels and make up, now i was considered to be an excellent model and up for anything many more ‘opportunities’ would be available to me and i would always be reminded i did so much of it to help with Sophie's wedding, so whats the harm!

I still had Rachel's skirt and blouse that i had already promised to ‘wear back’ to her at a time of her choosing, but that will have to wait for another time x

The end x

Thank you for reading my story. I wrote it in parts and I know there are a few continuity problems but maybe next time will be better. Please let me know what you thought by either leaving a comment or sending me a message, I promise I will reply to them all x Love, Anna x

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice wrap up

Dee Sylvan's picture

There were a lot of storylines that you have left, perhaps for another time. This is the part of the story that everyone is waiting to get to. This is when the protagonist makes decisions for themselves knowing that this is what 'feels' right to them. The next steps are a bit scary. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope you continue to write, there is a contest coming up and we'd love to read more from you! :DD TAF

DeeDee

Thank u x

Thank u for your lovely comment. I am so happy you enjoyed the story.

I would love to be considered for a contest but not sure if I’m good enough yet. Maybe someone could let me know how I get involved in the next one and I’ll see what inspires me at the time x

Thanks again x