Bridesmaid Rehearsals: Part 3 - Nails (& a game of Truth or Dare)

Printer-friendly version

Katie was not happy. Ever since Sophie hung up on her after telling her I wasn’t well and couldn’t come to the phone [but really it was because I was dressed in a little black dress and full make up] she had an underlying suspicion she was being lied to. One thing led to another and a few crossed words and things got difficult but she was one of Sophie’s bridesmaids [to be] and so part of the arrangements and in the end we were seeing each other mainly for that reason.

On Saturday mum had asked Katie for dinner and we we’re all going to spend the evening together. We had a good meal and were a couple of drinks into a film when the girls decided it was rubbish and Sophie turned it off.

‘‘Hey, why don’t we sort each others nails out?’ She said. The room erupted in positive response with the exception of me. Ugh, really!
Sophie called me to one side and produced one of the ‘i owe you’ slips. ‘Tonight’ she said ‘if you get involved, have fun and enjoy yourself, I might give you one of these back. and that will be one less you owe me!’ A smile and a wink.

So I sat quietly as mum and Annie gathered everything they would need. Katie was first. They tidied up her nails with files and special treatments and while they were drying ready for the nail polish Sophie, then Annie, did the same. Katie looked over at me. ‘How about it?’ She said ‘shall we give you a quick manicure too?’ She smiled wanting me to feel Involved.

‘A quick manicure’ Sophie exclaimed ‘the full works i’d say’ she chuckled, and everyone followed in laughter.

‘Ok, sit still, this won’t hurt’ Katie got to work. Filing, rubbing and tidying until my nails looked better than I think they ever had. I had another drink and drifted off to sleep while Sophie painted Katie’s nails.

I woke up to mum and the three girls looking at me with great big smiles on their faces. Immediately I looked down and my nails were longer and painted a pink colour similar to the ‘pretty in pink’ lipstick I was familiar with from only a few days before. Very feminine and perfect, they matched Katie’s and Annie’s.

‘Ahh, you’re nails look lovely’ said ‘Mum’

‘But we couldn’t reach them all while you were sleeping so we need to finish them’ said Sophie.

My thumbs and little fingers on each hand were still bare so the girls had me reposition my hands while they got to work ‘have fun’ said Sophie with a wink.

They slightly extended each of my nails, filed and shaped them so they blended in then started to coat them with the pink liquid. They were really careful and when satisfied the nails were properly coated, and after about 10 minutes wait, a final glossy top coat was applied. I was instructed to sit still for another 20 minutes to avoid spoiling their hard work and getting nail polish on the sofa.

While this was all going on Katie and Annie were messing about with the make up Suzie had left. Neither were as made up as I was the other night, but they played about with the eye shadows and lipstick.

‘Pretty in pink’ lipstick’ mum said ‘someone’s favourite colour’ smiling at me.

She then delighted in telling everyone how she and Sophie had found me admiring the colour the other day and Katie made a joke about maybe I’d like to try it. I laughed it off and nothing more was said…I relaxed. I just had to get my nails cleaned off and I might just get away with it for tonight.

‘I know’ said Sophie ‘let’s turn this into a slumber party! A few drinks, some snacks and sweets and we can tell stories and maybe play a few games’

‘Great idea’ said Annie ‘let’s change into our pajamas first’

They busied around. I simply said ‘I don’t really have pyjama's [hoping to get out of it], I might turn in’ when Sophie replied ‘oh no, you can’t miss out on the fun. We can fix you up’ Gulp! Now what!

Sophie came back wearing a satin nightie, red with black lace that clung to her slim body and she wore a very thin gown over the top that matched. Katie had pyjama bottoms with a tight crop top. Annie wore what she called her ‘favourite babydoll nightie’ light blue and very pretty. Mum just changed into her usual pyjamas and then it was my turn. They fetched a pair of shorts and TShirt for me, phew! They were a bit small and made of slightly silky sheer material but still not too feminine. They were real stretchy so no problem slipping them on. Then they handed me a white satin robe, I slipped the robe on and they were all delighted. It was only then I realised the word ‘Barbie’ written on the back of the robe and a pair of bright pink lips on the front pocket [great!]. Katie said I looked cute and I tried to play along.

‘Ok, let’s play Truth or Dare’ Annie’s idea to really getting into the spirit of it. So we sat in a circle and with an old pointer from a board game to select whose turn it was. One spin to pick who would give the Truth or Dare then a second time to select the ‘victim’

We spun the pointer….it landed on me. Then again. It landed on Annie! ‘Ok, I said while thinking what could I put up with if the tables were turned ‘drink a raw egg’

‘Yuk’ said Sophie and Annie pulled a face but fair enough she cracked an egg into a glass and downed it. We spun again.

Sophie got selected as the darer and Katie for the Truth or Dare. ‘Truth’ she said.

‘Ok, tell us your most embarrassing secret’

Katie proceeded to tell us about an incident that happened a few years ago. She went a bit red telling it but laughed at how silly it all was then we moved on.

Sophie’s turn, she chose ‘dare’ and mum had to think of one. It kind of came out of nowhere and I think it’s because mum thought it would be a good giggle. ‘You’ she said ‘must dress up in the bad taste outfit Annie wore last Halloween’. ‘Oh no!’ Sophie exclaimed. Annie fetched the items. It was a horrendous collection of heavy thick materials, long skirt with a horrible coloured jumper. She had to back comb her hair all frizzy and to match the photo on the fancy dress outfits packet Sophie had to slap on a think layer of brightly coloured make up. She hated it as she was a very pretty girl who liked to be well turned out. Everyone laughed, including me…Sophie glared at me and I started to worry about my turn. I couldn’t choose truth as Sophie might expose the last few days of make up and dressing and share the photos. But a dare might be worse!?

Mum was next and chose ‘truth’ Annie asked her about her first love and she told us about a bit of a fling she had when she was 16. Nothing too shocking but lovely to hear her being so open and honest.

The pointer was spun again, My turn! [gulp] I chose ‘dare!’ Sophie mouthed ‘lucky escape!’ at me, suggesting if I had chosen truth she would’ve asked me something like ‘have you ever worn a dress’ or ‘tell us about the time you wore make up’ but I didn’t give her a chance.

The pointer landed between Annie and Sophie, to choose who would dare me. To my surprise Sophie suggested Annie do it.

She thought for a while, looked at Sophie and then a wry smile transformed into a huge grin. ‘I dare you, little bro, to dress up in the Halloween outfit that Sophie wore last year!’

‘Oh shit!’ I said out loud….mum told me to stop swearing, Katie asked me why I was so worried and that it was just innocent fun. I couldn’t remember if last Halloween Sophie had dressed as a ghost, a nurse, a French maid or Harlequin from the Joker film….but I knew she had at some stage dressed as all of them and this was not going to go well for me unless it was the ghost. I also knew if I didn’t do it I would either be exposed for the previous days make up and dressing and I would still owe her or worse it would all come out about the make up, dress, lying to Katie and so on.

‘Ok, hit me with it’ I said reluctantly, ‘I think you were a ghost last year, what do I need to dress in?

‘Ha, Ha, I’ll show you my sweet little sis, she wasn’t a ghost!’ said Annie ‘but first a clue’

‘….SHE, is beautiful, she will cause havoc and she is a bit crazy. She wears lovely bright outfits and she’s very sexy’ and Sophie ran off. When she came back she was holding a bag and a few items for my transformation to begin. Sophie whispered in my ear ‘now is a good time to try out those purple undies!’ Out loud she said ‘here, in this bag are a mini dress that is satin with a tight bodice, layered mini skirt and thick satin stockings, with diamond patterns. Put it all on, and come back as we have to fix your hair and make up to really set this costume off. Great dare Annie!’

Katie smiled ‘aww, my own little harlequin!’ Can’t wait to see you all dolled up’ A big grin.

Mum just chuckled ‘sorry’ she said ‘it feels like I set the scene for this’

‘Yeah, thanks mum’ I said sarcastically.

I took the bag and skulked off to the downstairs bathroom to change. I took off the satin barbie robe, tight shorts and TShirt that I had been wearing and looked in the bag. Gulp! The purple underwear were in there, the bra and knickers and a dress that was satin, laced up at the back with little puff lace sleeves. It was white with red and blue patterns on it. There were some very small shorts (hot pants) to wear under the skirt of the mini dress these were blue and red two tone. A pair of stockings, shiny and kind of short, just above the knee. Straps from the hot pants dangled down. Wow. This was a very feminine outfit.

A knock at the door. It was Sophie. ‘Hey, do I need to help you with your bra and stockings’ she said ‘no what I mean is I do need to help you with your bra and stockings’

‘What?’ I yelled back.

‘Don’t make me share that video of you putting on that pretty lipstick’ she said.

So, I pulled off my underpants, slipped on the purple satin knickers and opened the door. ‘Ooh, lovely!’ She said.

The bra was strapped around me, the dress was slipped over my head and the straps at the back pulled really tight pulling in the midrift that gave me a slimmer shape. Hot pants on, stockings on then the straps from the hot pants attached to the stockings. I could feel everything pull tight as I walked. Sophie went to the under-stairs cupboard and came back with white 4 inch heeled platform sandles. ‘He he’ this will finish you off’ she said as she helped me put them on and then pulled me into the lounge where Annie and Katie were waiting.

‘Oh, wow’ said Annie…that costume looks awesome on you!’

‘Pretty’ said Katie…’now let’s finish you off’

What is it with people wanting to finish me off!

They set to work. It didn’t take very long. I just stood still praying it was a dream and I would wake up just in bed but no, it was reall. When they had finished I was led to the full length hall mirror. What I saw left me gobsmacked!

Balanced on four inch platform heels my shiny stockinged legs were strapped to tight hot pants peeping below a mini dress that was pulled tight around my waist with lace and frills but that was the least feminine part of me. My face was unbelievable. Bright red, slightly smudged lips, pale face with smudged black eyeliner, bright blue shadow and a few little red hearts on my upper cheeks, a red wig tied in side bunches and little drop earrings clipped to my ear lobes. I was , again, the girliest looking person in the house (as I had been that day Sophie dressed me up in her little black mini dress).

Come on, enough admiring yourself. Time for more games!

Mum went to bed. The girls just seemed to enjoy tormenting me more and more, their little brother and Katie’s boyfriend, with more dares. By the end of the night my pink nails had been transformed and were now bright red and impossibly shiny. My harlequin costume had been swapped for the French maid dress (another Halloween costume). It was black satin with white net underskirt, white apron, black satin sleeves and white lace gloves. I wore sheer black stockings and black 6inch heels. I could hardly walk but that didn’t stop the girls asking me to fetch them drinks and food and in the end they just sat around chatting while I cleared up. My only breaks were to stand still while they adjusted my skirt or stockings and twice (yes, twice) Katie, prompted by Sophie, applied more lipstick and gloss to my already stained lips to keep me looking perfect.

The night, and party, was over a couple of hours after mum left for bed. Katie went home, she said she thought I needed some time to get myself cleaned up and as she had an early start in the morning anyway. She didn’t even kiss me goodnight as she said I was wearing too much make up!?

I sat on the edge of my bed, still all dressed up, a bit dazed and again wondering how I became a thing of torment to my sister when all I was trying to do a few days ago was help her.

Sophie came in ‘aww, are you reluctant to get changed?’ she smiled. ‘You do look adorable today! Here my little maid, here’s one of the ‘I owe you’ slips! You did great. I’ll have to think of something better than this for the next one’ and winked at me.

I just laid down and went to sleep, still dressed.

To be continued…..

up
132 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Better than this?

Dee Sylvan's picture

I can't wait to see what is better... Perhaps a night dressed on the town. What about the bachelorette party? A double date? The possibilities are endless. Seems like whatever Katie and Titch had going is gone. Opens up a whole new realm of relationship possibilities. :DD

DeeDee

Thank u

You’ll have to wait and see x

I can't wait

Just waiting for him to get some justice. You try to be nice to some folks and they say thanks with a knife in your belly.

ShadowCat

I'm really enjoying this

I'm really enjoying this story and can't wait for the next installment.

Thank u

I’m pleased to hear you are enjoying it. I have plenty more ideas….next instalment might take me a bit longer but I promise it will be worth the wait x