Bridesmaid Rehearsals: Part 7 - More Reception Outfits & a surprise!

Printer-friendly version

I took off the dress wondering what mum had in store for me next.

She said she had changed her mind and would save the ‘best’ for last. ‘Let’s keep you guessing about the outfit I think will really show up the girl in you’ she said.

Great! (I thought)….

The next outfit was the two piece. A Royal blue, high waisted, mermaid maxi skirt made with heavy satin material with a crop top that was elasticated around me and just covering the bralet I was wearing. The material was stretchy and quite comfortable, easy to put on. The front of the top was open but overlapping with a highish neck and spaghetti straps to tie on my shoulders, and a second set of straps that wrapped around the back of my neck and tied. Mum made the adjustments. She did comment better shoes would help the outfit really look the part but no time now and I was ushered through to an eagerly awaiting Sophie.

‘Ooh, sultry’ she said ‘I do like this! What do you think?’ She asked me.

‘Um, what do you mean?’ Is all I could reply

‘Oh come on’ she said ‘you might as well help me out. How does it feel. Do you like it? What’s it like to wear?’

‘It’s ok’ I said.

‘Nope’ her reply ‘I am not making any decision until you comment and we will need them all to be modelled again if you don’t help!’

‘Ok’ anything to move things along! ‘The purple dress was cute’ (where did that come from?) ‘but a little uncomfortable and I felt a bit exposed as it was so short. I like this outfit better. Feels comfortable and I think you’d look really good in it! The black outfit was nice too’

‘Rate them’ she said ‘out of ten’

‘Black trouser outfit - 4, Purple Dress - 5, this outfit - 6. Happy?’I replied.

‘For now’ she said ‘thank you’

I left, back to the next outfit. The same material as the last but a dress. Mum said it was a bodycon dress with ruched sides. She had to zip me into it. It came to mid thigh and had thick straps over the shoulders that crossed over at the back.

I walked back into the room and to avoid further delay simply said ‘this one’s nice. Think it’s better than the purple dress. Comfortable and not too revealing. 7 out of ten!’

‘So you’d prefer to wear a dress than the trouser outfit? Interesting!’ Sophie replied grinning

‘Yes, I mean yes for you…’ digging a deeper hole for myself!

Sophie said she liked the blue, the dress more than the two piece and I went back to mum. She was waiting for me but said we should eat dinner. I moaned about how long it was all taking and she just said it serves me right for rushing the other day ‘some things take as long as they take!’ She said. We had a discussion about the fact I shouldn’t wear the new clothes while eating but we could all eat in the lounge with Sophie. I took off the dress and started to remove the shoes and tights to change in to my clothes and mum stopped me to say might as well keep them on as we will be continuing after dinner and gave me a bundle of black material to put on. Surprise suprise, it was a black dress.

‘Mum!?, why this?’

‘Oh it’s just an old dress Sophie had laying around for some reason, I put your grubby shorts in the wash. I think she was wearing this the other day when she was doing her make up. It’s ok, fits you well and doesn't matter if you spill anything on it. It won’t hurt you, put it on and we can eat’

I was hungry so I did as instructed and went to sit with Sophie. She laughed at me in the black evening dress ‘Keep it’ she said ‘it’s yours and you can wear it anytime ‘

‘Thanks’ was the sarcastic reply I mustered up. It was a sexy dress and with the heels, fishnet tights, long wavy black hair and make up I once again felt like the girliest person in the room, but now more comfortable with it. I didn’t let on.

We ate dinner and watched some TV, mum cleared away and we were going to finish the review of the outfits when the doorbell rang. I was still wearing Sophie’s black evening dress.

‘Get that please, sweetie’ mum yelled at me from the back room!

‘I can’t dressed like this!’ I said fearful of who might be at the door.

‘It’s ok, it’s just Rachel from ‘Sarah's Bridal Boutique’ with the wedding outfits’ mum seemed to be expecting her!

The bell rang again and I reluctantly answered it expecting another big fuss but she had seen me all dressed up in her clothes so thought it couldn’t get any worse

‘Oh hello!’ She said ‘look at you beautiful! All dolled up for me?’ She smiled ‘well i have a delivery and Sophie said I could help her choose a reception outfit’ they had obviously been texting each other. She kissed me.

‘I love your hair, and make up although your lips are a little dull! ‘ pointing out having eaten the gloss had worn off! Mum was standing behind me and promised we would fix that with the next outfit.

Bundles of what I assumed were dresses and my wedding suit were brought in and hung up and Rachel moved into the lounge with Sophie ready to see the next outfit I was to model for them.

Mum fixed my lips with added colour and more gloss.

The next dress was black, sequins covered the flared skirt that came to just above my knees. It had a net underskirt for added volume (mum told me!). The dress was tight around my waist with sheer panels covering my chest area and puff sleeves. Mum had to help me into it and I knew the only way out was with her help too. Mum had also found a pair of 4inch heels as she said this dress would need some height given its style. They were closed in toes, but with straps across the top of my foot and around my ankles. She also had me wear black satin gloves, elbow length. It occurred to me I probably looked a bit like a 50’s movie star.

I slowly walked in to the waiting girls next door.

‘Oh my god look at you!’ Rachel was first to comment!

‘What do you think?’ Sophie asked.

‘I think this is the one Sophie’ I said hoping this would be the last one I had to try. ‘It looks good, feels wonderful and I’d give it a 9 or maybe a 10 out of ten! I think it’s perfect for you and you’ll be the centre of attention all evening!’ Did i lay it on too thick?

‘Oh my, little brother!’ She said ‘you’re so nice to me. I agree it’s a lovely dress but am wondering if you would like it for yourself more than I like it!’ I looked at her in horror and disgust. ‘Only kidding, I think you are right. Let’s carry on and maybe come back to this one’

I walked back to mum waiting with the next outfit!

Next was a mid calf length red satin dress. The hem was tight across my ankles and fitted up to my waist where there was a tight fitting boned corset and the chest (or bust area) was fitted with thin straps over each shoulder ‘a corset dress’ mum explained zipping me up again. I could hardly walk, more like shuffling.

Into the next room, slowly, the girls were chatting and I had to cough to make them realise I had appeared. Both grinned at me.

‘Now what do we have here?’ Sophie! ‘I love red on you!’

‘He’s got a proper look for the catwalk hasn’t he’ Rachel added. Both nodded.

‘Come on, stop winding me up!’ I replied ‘nice dress, but tight, hard to walk in but sexy for an evening reception, 9 out of ten id say’ I was. Is used to the need to explain!

‘Next!’

Back to mum.

‘Oh honey, she smiled, two more!’

Thank goodness!

She handed me a set of light, very slightly pink, underwear (satin of course) and a fresh pair of tights, white fishnets and I could see a pale pink pair of shiny heeled shoes, about 3inch.

‘What’s this mum?’ I asked.

‘The next dress and the last dress won’t work with black undies. Please change while I pop upstairs for something’ she went. I changed. It all fitted me very well as if my proper size and I started to worry about what was to come.

Mum came back in with a few things and sat me down. She tidied up my hair as it had become a bit messy with all the changing. She dusted my eyes with light blue and wiped off the lipgloss and colour on my lips to replace with a dark pink outline filled in with a frosty pink colour and new coat of gloss.

‘Now, you choose’ she said ‘long or short first?’

‘Long!?’ Not really much of a choice I thought.

When she pulled it out the bag i thought it was another bridesmaids dress. Pale pink, long skirt, satin material. But it was revealing at the top. Completely open backed as it was a halter neck. The material barely covered my bra but there was a strap across the back that hid it. Heels on, I was ready.

‘Wowee’ came Rachel's reaction.

‘Oooh, nice’ Sophie managed ‘a score and what you think now, and a twirl please!’

I spun round, twice, then described how it felt. Soft, comfortable, cold material touching me as I walked, 9 or 10 out of ten.

‘Mmmm, black, red or pink are winning so far. Although the blue was nice too. So many to chose from? Whichever I don’t have you can take a couple too, lol’ she said.

I walked away, completely defeated and ready for the final fitting.

Mum really had saved the frilliest, girliest dress until last. Long gown off, now I had what I can only describe as a short princess dress. Frilly pink satin overlayed white satin that just peeped out below the skirt that fell just above my knees. The dress fastened with a zip all along one side, buttons at the top and again I knew I would need help out of it. A bow on each sleeve, a low neckline that was elasticated and gathered around my chest area and long satin straps at the back that were tied into a bow behind me. Mum tied my hair in to two lose bunches one at each side of my head. Smiling the whole time, she handed me two white fishnet fingerless gloves that I put on and then she fussed around for a while. She re-glossed my lips and we were ready.

‘Really!?’ I said ‘is Sophie really going to wear this?’

‘Let’s see’ mum said as we walked into the lounge.

The girls stopped talking the moment I walked in, smiled, laughed, tilted their heads and together said ‘oh that’s perfect’ Sophie took a photo and then so did Rachel.

‘Well, little bro?’ Sophie said ‘what do you think of this little outfit?’

‘Its ok’

‘More! Come on’

‘Ok, it’s very pretty isn’t it, girly and shows off my, um, what will be your, legs. It’s comfortable, suprisingly, and fit for a party. Maybe an 8 or 9 out of ten compared to the others? It’s what you think that really matters!’

‘Actually’ mum stepped in ‘this isn’t for Sophie, just a little Suprise for you! I just couldn’t resist seeing what it would look like on you!’ They all Laughed and in the end, I joined in as could see it was funny but really wanted to get it off as soon as possible. Wait, mum said, we need to decide on what dress Sophie is going to choose now she has seen them all. So there I stood in the pink frilly dress while they went through all the options again.

‘What do you think?’ Sophie asked me.

‘I think my favourites were the red, the blue dress or the black one’ I said.

‘Ok, I’ll remember that!’ Sophie replied and mum nodded.

Rachel had to leave while they were making the final decision and I was volunteered, still hanging around in the frilly dress, to see her out.

At the door She kissed me, properly, and a few times and told me what a wonderful sport I was and how beautiful I looked. I offered her clothes back to her (the skirt and blouse I borrowed the other day) but she made me promise I would wear them back to her one day at a time of her choosing, and that she would have a special treat for me. I was putty in her hands and agreed. She left.

Mum helped me undress and finally clean up before bed. I didn’t know what the decision was on the reception outfit for Sophie. They said it would be a surprise on the wedding night.

I went to bed. Head spinning with thoughts of all of the silks and satins, make up and high heeled shoes and feelings I had just experienced and how me being all dressed up in front of not only Sophie but now also mum and Rachel, had become almost expected!?

I had no idea what might be next, or maybe I did!?

….

To be concluded…

(Please comment and tell me what you think. I love reading your thoughts x)

up
74 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The story is raising the pitch...

He's been giving his critique; will it influence his future? He's agreed to wear a piece of her clothing at a time of her choosing. That is a setup. The story is slowly progressing, and he's becoming more comfortable around the others; even being kissed with lipstick.
Where can one volunteer to model these dresses?

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Thank u…

Lovely, thank u x

I am writing this as I go, I think there’s just one more part to go…let’s see what happens x

Love your stories too x

So many outfits, so hard to choose just one...

Dee Sylvan's picture

But then again, why choose? Now that Sophie has a sister to trade clothes with, mom's clothing budget just increased. Good fun. Where are we going with Katie, Titch, the missing bridesmaid, and now Rachel? Lots of opportunities, so little time. :DD TAF

DeeDee