Dot and Sam 22

Printer-friendly version

Dot and Sam 22

Dorothy Philpot. Landlady of The Harbour Light pub
Sam Philpot. Drag-queen.
Billy Parkins Doorkeeper.
Jessica Merlot The town’ and county archaeologist.
Josephine MacDonald The town and county archivist.
Richard Drummond Town planning inspector
Robert Vincent. Junior planning inspector.
Georgina. (Georgie) Homeless Transgender girl previously known as George.
Bobby Gay boy on the school bus.
Marty Girl on the school bus. (She becomes Georgie’s best friend and lover)
Jack. Marty’s twin brother (Keen runner).
Trevor Aitkins, Georgie’s Biological father.
Lucinda Aitkins Georgie’s biological mother
Terence Georgie’s step-dad
Allison. Old school friend of Trevor
Fred Allisons husband
Elizabeth Aitkins (Beth) Georgie’s younger sister. Later proves to be sympathetic to her ‘sister’
Jonathon Aitkins (Johnny) Georgie’s younger brother.

Sunday morning arrived as predicted, very cold, wet and windy. Marty briefly broke from their embrace to stretch her neck and peek out to watch the trees bordering the little lawn outside their hall. The branches were swaying furiously as the autumn leaves were torn off and piled up in the corners. For Marty peeping from behind the curtain, it was delicious to watch the stormy scene while her body was still warm and toasty in Georgie’s embrace under the duvet. She felt Georgie’s smooth silky leg gently slide over her thigh and all thoughts of the storm were lost.

“Mmm!” Marty purred throatily as she released the corner of the curtain and turned away from the window, “glad I don’t have to go to lectures today.”

“Likewise,” Georgie concurred as Marty’s arm returned to curl around her back and their bodies pressed urgently together again.

It was noon before they reluctantly surrendered their intimacy to other bodily needs before finally appearing in the refectory for food. Sex had made them hungry.

As they ate, both girls flipped their phones to find several messages and the lunch table was briefly silent of chat as they devoted their interests to the phone. Eventually, Georgie finished her food and turned to Marty.

“My jogging friends are asking if I’m going to the park despite the rain.”

“Huh! Good luck with that!” Marty grinned, “unless you’re a bloody mermaid.”

“I like jogging in the rain." Georgie confessed. "It keeps me cool so I’ve said yes.”

“Well, I’ll go to the library then, and perhaps the gym later.”

While both very closely attached to one another, Marty and Georgie also knew and respected each other’s boundaries. They separated outside the refectory and went their own ways. At the large memorial statue in the park, Georgie met her jogging friends and they set off as a largish group before dividing into comfort groups depending on their personal speeds and endurances. Eventually, they would regather by the memorial statue for a head-count before returning to the college refectory. Despite it being broad daylight and raining, perverts wee still to be found in the wide expanses of the park.

When Georgie had completed her routine she phoned Marty who had completed her essay and had gone to the gym. By late afternoon they met on the steps of their hall and went up to their room to find a message chalked on their door.

“Keep men out of women’s spaces”

Marty’s heart missed a beat while Georgie bristled. Both girls took pictures and immediately posted them on the student website as well as emailing the college authorities. Then they videoed each other cleaning the chalk off the door.

“Do you think they’ve found out about you?” Marty asked Georgie.

“I don’t see how.” Georgie replied. “Thanks to the SS, my school history is virtually a closed book. I applied as a girl and registered as female when I came up. All my college records and exam results are registered female so I’m pushed to see how they found out; if they found out. This might just be a campaign because we are lesbians, they know we’re lesbians and they’re angry that we haven’t joined their cause.”

“I hope you’re right,” Marty frowned wistfully. “The problem is we’ve now become high-profile lesbians. Poster girls if you will. I think the Terfs are determined somehow to drag us into their campaign.”

“Well, until we get some sort of response from our faculties we’ll have to tread carefully. The next step is private body-cams.”

“They’re expensive,” Marty lamented. “I don’t have that sort of bunce.”

“Your protection is my protection,” Georgie replied, “I’ll speak to my dad and sort it.”

Having taken a proactive step, the partners stripped from their sport kits and joined each other in the shower. Later, Georgie phoned her dad who promised to get body-cams on the Wednesday when he was next in London, so for the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they were on tenterhooks. During those days, the college called them in to chat with the student counsellor.

The upshot was that Georgie was much more forthright and mature about the approaches the Terfs had made. She gave names and faces and showed the counsellor the video she had taken of the meeting outside their door. When confronted with the video the Terfs claimed it was an invasion of their privacy but the counsellor referred them to the many notices on campus and in the halls concerning the presence of video cameras. She declared that Georgie’s door camera was no more than that, a door camera. Privately however she expressed her concerns to Georgie and Marty about the student’s using private videos to monitor the public spaces.

Georgie defended her tactic by declaring that the door-cam was inside their door and therefore inside their personal space. Their bedroom could not be considered a public space even if the camera was pointing outwards.

The counsellor gave a tight little smile. Security on campus was a perpetual headache, so any extra cameras were welcome, especially when any unwelcome incident occurred. College security was expensive so any small addition to resources, was welcome. Georgie and Marty’s input had already proven beneficial so the three cameras in Georgie and Marty’s room stayed. They were joined on the Wednesday afternoon by the body-cams that Trevor supplied for his daughter and her friend.

The body-cams worked and for the remainder of the Michaelmas term the friends had no bother. Georgie wore hers almost constantly while Marty wore hers whenever she deemed herself at risk. When they learned of them, several other students who could afford them, took to using them, especially when they learned that the body cams could transmit remotely while recording.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the Christmas Panto season arrived, the friends indulged themselves by joining the college chorus line and savouring the social activities that followed on after the theatricals. This involved a Christmas ‘Panto-ball’ where the college theatrical society assembled at the very end of term and danced til midnight and beyond. When Georgie and Marty decided to return to ‘Hall’ they joined a couple of friends and formed a safe foursome to cross the college campus back to hall.

Because they were all dressed in their very revealing chorus line costumes, Georgie thoughtfully decided to hide her body-cam inside a corsage that she had noticed lying idle in the dressing room. She slipped into the loo and tucked the body-cam inside the flamboyant corsage then stepped out while exaggerating her performance. The other girls laughed without realising that Georgie was actually recording them as they prepared to cross the campus in their outrageous costumes. Apart from their shoulder bags the other girls wore nothing but their sparkly dance leotards, head-feathers, tights and tap heels.

“Don’t forget to bring those back tomorrow!” The stage manager called after them as they skipped and postured comedically along the path.

It was as they approached the obscured corner, that the foursome was suddenly confronted by a gang of men who obviously had issues with girls in ridiculously revealing outfits dancing in the street during the small hours. The gang appeared out of the bushes to attack the girls while shouting ethnic religious abuse and slogans calling them whores and daughters of the great Satan.

Georgie, being transgendered, had grown up becoming supersensitive to any street dangers and she had immediately sensed the danger while the other girls were still fooling about doing high kicks and spins in their heels. Unfortunately, the girls where all wearing theatrical tap-dancing heels and they could not be easily slipped off. Georgie had time to wedge hers in the arm bracket of a park bench and snap the straps ready to kick off her shoes. Then with the loudest shriek she could muster, she launched an accurate and very successful heel kick at what was obviously the older, fatter leader of the gang.

As he gasped and bellowed, the rest of the girls had now realised they were under attack and a general screaming melee started on the obscured junction. Georgie realised she had no chance of overpowering even one of the attackers but she realised if she launched her long theatrical nails at the fat man’s face she might cause blood to flow. She had now kicked off her heels while her friends were screaming in fear and so she jumped onto the park bench to gain a purchase then launched herself again at the fat old leader who was still gasping and cursing in pain. Her sharp nail extensions slashed his cheek while dragging off his scarf and she caught a brief glimpse of his face before she leapt off the park bench and sprinted for all she was worth to the doors of the hall.

There she screamed fit to burst her lungs and hammered on the doors of the hall while cursing that she had not got a key with her. Marty had agreed to take her key and they certainly had not anticipated getting separated. As she waited on the steps of Hall, she heard the screams and shouting still coming from the junction where they had been attacked. Eventually the night porter, ( A recent innovation at the insistence of the girls, since the recent attacks,) answered the door and identified Georgie as she had stepped back onto the path. She was now holding her body-cam taking video images of the mayhem and simultaneously recording and transmitting the images to her computer just two windows above her..

“Come inside girl, the security guards are on the way!” The Ported advised as he stared at the mayhem down the path.

Georgie screamed back.

“Just keep the door open if I need shelter. I’m trying to get good images for the record!”

The warden cursed angrily but did as asked and once Georgie realised she had a bolt-hole, she rested her mobile against a signpost to get steadier images for her hands had been shaking.

Suddenly the gang dispersed and Georgie recognised two male security guards running towards the melee. They failed miserably to catch any attackers because the guards were fat and middle aged and the attackers had been mainly men in their twenties and thirties as best Georgie could discern. The older fatter man whom Georgie had slashed with her nail extensions, was the very first to run and he was nowhere to be seen when the police finally arrived The found a scene of carnage as the warden and Georgie attended to the injured girls while the guards stood guard and also treated the girl’s injuries.

Georgie cursed as she attended Marty’s badly bruised face and broken jaw, while the other girls had suffered similar levels of trauma, mostly to face and arms. One of the other girls called Gypsie, had a broken wrist while the fourth had some broken fingers and concussion. All of them except Georgie were bleeding heavily from cuts to heads and faces. Finally, the girls’ dance leotards had been torn open and all the girls had scratched and bruised breasts.

Eventually an ambulance arrived and the girls were transferred to casualty.

Once the girls were calm enough the police took their statements and it soon became clear that the attack was a religiously motivated hate crime.

“They were all wearing those religious scarfs so it was impossible to identify them!” The girls chorused.

“Yes, they mostly had foreign accents, somewhere from the middle east but we can’t tell. Two sounded like local accents though.”

Eventually the statements were completed and the girls returned from hospital to hall where the news was beginning to spread wild fire amongst the few remaining students who had not yet gone home for Christmas.

The following day, after spending the early afternoon in bed, Georgie woke to find Marty still asleep, then she recognised the sachets of sleeping pills and strong pain-killers that the hospital had given her to help her sleep until the following day. Marty’s cuts and bruises were quite extensive and Georgie decided to let her sleep on while she transcribed the video evidence on her body-cam and prepared a copy for the police.

Georgie was dyed-in-the-wool transgender who had endured too much abuse since she had realised her condition and then mistakenly, come out in middle-school. To say that Georgie had become theophobic in her later teens, was something of an understatement; but she kept her rage under a very tight rein.

Now however, the muslim ‘morality patrols’ had overstepped the mark and Georgie had the damming evidence.

“Thank you daddy for these expensive body-cams!” she offered up to her absent father as she created several copies and prepared to take one to the police the following morning.

She did not even mention her secret to Marty when her friend awoke the following morning, wincing from her cuts and bruises.
As Marty winced every time she tried to speak, Georgie prepared the high protein and vitamin drink that the hospital had supplied.

“Don’t talk, just sip this.” Georgie offered as she passed the sippy cup and straw.

“Thanks,” Marty croaked as her trembling hand gratefully took the large plastic drinking cup.

“Think of it like a Big Mac strawberry shake,” Georgie smiled sympathetically, “but not so difficult to suck.”

Marty just smiled and nodded her thanks as Georgie gently plumped up the extra pillow.

Once she was happy that Marty had everything to hand for comfort, Georgie explained.

“I’ve got to go back down the police station now. I’ll be back by mid-afternoon.”

“Wha- for?” Marty mumbled through her swollen mouth and bandaged jaw.

“I’ll tell you when I get back.”

Marty frowned questioningly but Georgie was already leaving.

Outside the college campus, Georgie treated herself to a taxi and visited the police officer who was handling the case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

up
117 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

They have really good evidence

The question is whether it is enough for the police to follow up on?

DNA

In addition to the videos, they have DNA from one attacker who's face is shown. Those long nails will have skin and blood under them. I would bet that somewhere in the police files on hate speech there is a match to that face.

There’s nothing like……..

D. Eden's picture

Video evidence in court! You can’t refute video, and there should be DNA evidence on at least the one asshole that Georgie attacked.

As bad as the bigotry is in the US, at least we don’t have to deal with this kind of religious crap.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

The worrying thing is ...

... that with AI technology video can be faked, as can voice. This has potentially much wider implications than just court cases. It was once said that the camera cannot lie - now, with widely available s/w like Photoshop (even I have an old but adequate version), it certainly can and that even extends to video.

One thing about Photoshop video

is that an expert can always tell when a video has been doctored, the pixels and shadows cannot match up properly no matter what you do. Pictures are a bit more difficult to detect when they are doctored, but in almost all cases they can be detected too. It takes a real expert to doctor a picture flawlessly, there is only a handful of people worldwide who have the ability to do that. Voice, I have not studied recently, but as of about 10 years ago, it was impossible to perfectly doctor voice transmissions undetectably. I suspect that it might be possible now, if it isn't, it will be soon.

You make a very good point about…….

D. Eden's picture

Fake videos and how they can be detected. It always helps to verify a video when you have multiple cameras and angles, which based on the fact that the girls have a camera that looks out the window at that spot, plus the body cam video, should help to validate the record.

Having sat through plenty of inquiries and several court cases which had video evidence, it is pretty well a slam dunk case when you show the video. Of course, it all depends on the angles and the quality of the video, but it can be very compelling!

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Not Only TERFs

joannebarbarella's picture

But now we have middle-Eastern fuckwits. There are lunatics everywhere.