Bobby's Baby

Printer-friendly version

“Mom, I’m home!”

“Bobby, get in here!”

“What Mom?”

“Excuse me?”

“I mean, yes Mom, what do you want?”

“I went to change your bed right now, and I found a baby doll tucked in by your pillow! Where did this come from? Is this the one your cousin Holly couldn’t find when she came to visit the other day? She was heartbroken having to go home without her favorite dolly!”

“Yes, Mom, that is her dol…”

“WHAT! Why would you take her doll baby? What in the world is going on with you young man, first you won’t let me cut your hair, and now you have her baby doll!” she yelled, “Well, what do you have to say for yourself?”

“Mom, I found her doll stuck in Dad’s recliner last night, and I know Holly doesn’t like her dollies to be lonely, so I put her in my bed so she wouldn’t be lonely. I was going to call her when I came home from school that I had found her baby, and that I would keep her safe until she came back next week.”

“Oh, my. Oh, my. Bobby, I am so sorry I yelled at you. It has just become so difficult for me to understand you these days, that for a minute…. Never mind, I was about to say something silly. You can go ahead and hang on to her dolly until she comes to visit next month. Now go and get changed and do your homework.”

Once I had the room to myself, I took a little time and cuddled with my baby doll. It hadn’t been lost at all, Holly gave her to me, you see she is the only one in the family that knows who I really am. I will have to admit, Holly put on a good show of pretending to have lost her doll. I’m going to have to find a good hiding place for her for during the day, though.

up
108 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yeah! Yeah!

joannebarbarella's picture

better think up a good story, Bobby.

Deception

Daphne Xu's picture

... grows until it's as flagrant as the nose on one's face -- Pinocchio's face.

-- Daphne Xu

That sounds like a gem of a cousin

Bobbie is going to need someone to cover her back. Or offer comfort when she needs it.