Art Project – 26 The Beat Goes On

Printer-friendly version


Art Project – 26
The Beat Goes On


By Jessica C


He designed a girl’s prom gown instead of a boy’s suit,
That literally got him into girls’ fashion
Andrew’s problem became an opportunity…
Focus is now on Andrea…
The trial against Dr. Crozier…
=^_^=~



Previously: Though the location was not ideal for Megan, we did dance together. Megan confessed, “I’ve wanted to be with you; I wouldn’t mind being a girlfriend, but I never imagined this…” My confession,” I said, “I find it easier to be closer to women. But I was told I needed to have a man to know I’m truly a girl inside…” Megan began to giggle, “You don’t know you’re real?... But once Megan and I are back at my apartment; we decide the rest of the night is our time. We talk, dance, and fall asleep together, but nothing is to be intimate yet…

=^_^=~

It was July when the County Attorney met with me and other witnesses for the trial against Ph.D. Cozier. The trial was scheduled for September, and the County Attorney tried to get the date changed away from the beginning of school but was unsuccessful. One other student from the university was involved and the time of the trial would be difficult for our learning.

JC Harper and my sister Leah supported me to see the trial through. Ruben Martin the County Attorney had met with me several times before the trial and said he was surprised with my maturity. I told him, “It came with my newfound talent in designing clothes and becoming Andrea.”

He asked, “How long before that did you find out you were transgender?”

I said, “It was a process, that emerged after I started wearing some of my clothes and entering a women’s world, but I think I always was.”

Attorney Ruben Martin was relatively glad when Ph.D. Jean Cozier took the stand for himself. He argued that I entrapped him, and forced him to take on a persona that was not him. He stated he did not see himself as overly attractive but knew students had different reasons for being attracted to him.

Once I took the stand his attorney Mr. Marble tried to discredit me, thinking I’d break under his cross-examination. “Mr. Marble, I took Dr. Cozier’s class because I could learn from him; though I heard he did not like clothing designers to see our work as art. His ridicule wasn’t a surprise. His in-class haranguing of me went beyond what I expected and finally saw it as abusive power. Others will be able to verify both when Cozier thought we were out of earshot or in public for what it was.”

Dr. Cozier spoke up from the Defendant’s table and grew into an outburst that the Judge gaveled and told him he was out of order. It happened again the next day when I was back on the stand. He burst out and said, “Your buying into a Pub showed that you were a slut in over her head.”

Being on the stand, I reiterated, “Isn’t your use of your position more by you being a bully?”

He yelled out, “You are a spoiled little rich girl as the others I humbled?”

The Judge hammered the court into silence and then met with the attorneys in his chambers. Judge Bean tried to settle the case with Silva Jackson and me approving reduced charges. Neither of us was willing unless a public confession of the professor and the University were to be made.

Once both were made public and inserted into the record; we were satisfied. We would go after each part for damages.


=^_^=~


The settling of damages came quickly, but the amount to me from the university was surprising. The settlement of $500,000 was mind-boggling to me, but JC Harper told me it would be a small change; if my career would take a major hit at this time. It was between three to six months when we became confident that we were not harmed by accusations against me.

My high school graduation was in December just before Christmas.

Jenny Connors had begun at North State in the fall and we were once again best of friends, but amid college life, she found her interests elsewhere. We both had changed and we grew apart.

Becoming a college student, along with my emerging career has the feeling that I can move on with my life. I’ve attended two fashion conferences in New York City and North Carolina, and I’ve been delighted to have Megan with me both times. We’ve agreed to give the relationship two years, before considering marriage.

My mother is welcome to use Andrew’s old apartment when she stays on campus visiting Leah or me.

My most recent growth in designing fashion has come in the areas of designing wedding gowns and special orders for society women. It is truly a learning experience leaving more than a few designs on the floor. It can be costly, and most of the cost is mine.

I am no angel, but Steph’s encouragement to let a guy have his way with me; led to a falling out between us. I finally challenged Steph by asking if she felt a need to prove she was a woman. It was Megan Hach’s help that helped the maturing of my image. We’ve become an item, though not exclusively.

Jennifer Lach and Clara Kelley both from my first art class with Mr. Murphy are getting married and I wanted my gift to each to be a wedding gown. They were easy drawing up according to my original memory of them. But they had both changed and meeting them again was the maturing of myself. Having to measure them, and seeing their adult bodies became surreal experiences for me. My senses were now becoming sensitized to the aroma of a woman in love.

Jennifer had remained thin, though her breasts were fuller than I remembered. She showed me a photo of Cal her fiancé. He was two years ahead of her at their university. Unlike her petite prom dress her wedding gown would be of traditional length. We were both back home for a week as I designed it and wrote out in detail the fabric, lace, netting, veil, and more. We were back again two months before the wedding for the final fitting. She was easy to fit.

Clara was still the dazzling beauty I knew from high school, but she had filled out the hips and her bosom while remaining slender. She was a full-size C, and she did not want to cover that up, nor did she want to be wearing a bra in addition to a corset. We were casual friends in the art class, and she wanted me to design and make her gown, but she was not fully comfortable with my being a woman and attending to the close work as her seamstress.

It was the second day of our being together and going into the night; we went to eat together at The Credo. Nick the owner was friendly to see me back, but at my request gave us a table hidden away where we would have more privacy. Clara was moving east hear Boston and was surprised that I knew some people there. During their talking at Credo, Clara felt the kinship that Andrea had for her and the others in that Art Class. She giggled, “Andrea, I can’t believe you’re here for me. That you’re now a famous fashion designer helping me with my wedding gown. All this came from that fashion project.”

Andrea let a grin come to her face, “I’m no longer the only guy among us, I’ve changed sides. But I had no idea, even with my sisters all that comes with being a woman. I’m legally changing my name.”

Clara asked, “Does that mean you are going through the whole transition?”

“I’m taking it in steps; I will fully transition sometime I’m sure, but as of now all I know is that is in the future. There will always be things you and the others will be able to do, and I won’t.”

Clara asked, “Who’s this Megan that’s coming with you to the wedding?”

“We’ve known each other a year and a half, but it has become more serious and we’re together, sharing much of our lives. It started with us just being friends. While I was still very fond of Terra, I came to have stronger feelings for Megan, I didn’t them seriously. During my last semester of high school and now taking only college classes, she’s been there for me and we kind of fell together without usually saying anything.”

“So who’s in love with her Andrew or Andrea?” Clara asked.

“Andrew could love her, but it’s me,” Andrea said. “I can’t say how I know, but I do.”

Clara finally asked about Mr. Murphy, “Did you and Mr. Murphy ever patch things up?”

“I realized in time that I was a big part of my problem, and I don’t continue to dislike him. But no, there’s been no patching things up; it’s more like water under the bridge. I don’t feel a need to go back there.”

Clara said, “I had him for three art classes. I hope you don’t mind but he’s invited to the wedding and reception.”

I laughed, “That’s fine, I’ll be good. If needed for others there, I’d even apologize or make myself disappear into the crowd.”

It took the next morning to finish and fit Clara and her wedding gown, and both of us were over the moon as the gown was everything Clara had hoped for. I got a photo of her in her gown and it is at the front of my portfolio.

I hope to see Mr. Murphy and her wedding. I wanted the distance between us to be in the past. I hoped he’d give me a hug to help show the bad air was over between the two of us. We’d have to wait and see.


=^_^=~


JC Harper text me. “What’s with you; you’re doing some of your best work. I want to know if anything has inspired you that I don’t know about?”

Besides Megan Hach in my life, it is probably being in touch with two original art students. It put things back into perspective; I do this because I love it. I can give you much of the credit; because you encouraged me to keep control of what I’m designing.

I soon called my Mom and Dan picked up her phone. I said, “Good, I might as well start by thanking you. You and Mom have been good to me. He asked, “T am enjoying what I do, and that would never have happened if you and Mom didn’t encourage me as well as teach me to be disciplined in how I go about things. I love you. Now can I talk to my mother?”

I heard Dan laugh as he handed the phone to my mother and say, “Your youngest daughter is either crazy or she’s everything we hoped.”

Mom asked, “What did you do that has swept Dan off his feet?”

I said, “Things are so well that I decided to call and thank you and him for all you’ve done. You have blessed me with a good Father and he has allowed you to be the best of yourself.”

Mom said, “If you’re not doing anything special; come it would be a good night to introduce you to wine and cheese.”

I asked, “What is so fantastic about wine and cheese?”

She said, “It’s the people you share it with. It just sounds like a good night to sit back and enjoy.”

“Can you call Leah and see if she can share it with us?”

Mom said, “I she comes; she’s likely to bring someone special in her life.”

I know the smile couldn’t be seen on the other end of the phone, but I was happy. I asked, “Can you tell me who it would be?”

“That would be for Leach to do, but you will see for yourself if they come,” Mom told me.

I had just stopped at Carrie Druthers, who was the store owner who had mentored me, and I had already rung the doorbell. I quickly hoped Carrie wouldn’t be home, but she was and was happy to see me.

“Carrie, could you do me a favor and go with me to my folks for wine and cheese?” She looked at me, “You came here to ask me that?”

“No, I came to visit, but I had called and thanked my parent for all they did and they invited me for wine and cheese. There’s no group I would want to share a special moment with that didn’t include you.”

Carrie said, “I’ll take that as a high compliment. Let me grab a bottle of wine and some good bread.” I suggested Carrie bring a change of clothes depending on how well we enjoyed the evening. She did.

I’ve never known Carrie Druthers to miss being even late at the sore, which tickled me that this was a possibility. When we got to the house and before we sat down, I took Carrie to see a few designs I was working on.

Carrie smiled, “I like how you are progressing as a designer; there are skirt fabrics you’ve designed together that show a maturity that comes only with time and experience.

When we out to where people were gathering; I saw Leah with Micah from college, but this Micah was all woman. I had seen her, but never met her or knew she was an item with my sister Leah.

My mother thanked Carrie for coming and bringing a vintage bottle of wine, bread, and cheese. Introductions went all around and everyone settled in two love seats or two soft chairs as was the case with Carrie and me. I became a bit embarrassed as stories soon started about me from the very beginning of designing and then wearing the dress I made.

Micah said, “So you are that Andrew who has since become Andrea of Andrea’s
Threads?” She said, “But if you don’t mind my being too nosy, your boobs appear to be real.”

“They’re a none impressive ‘B cup’ with a little help they can become a ‘C’.”

Dan spoke up saying, “I hope this is not going to be an estrogen leaden evening?”

It settled in to be an evening of leisure and getting to know one another. Carrie had mentioned expanding her store; she was saying that people were coming to hear about where Andrew and Andrea had gotten started. Invariably, they would meet other customers who had met me and usually had some of my clothing. “When people heard that you started designing clothes during a discussion. The thought we were making up stories…”

Everyone slept at our house; except I slept with visions of Micah fondling my sister’s breasts under her sweater. I imagined more was happening now in Leah’s bedroom.


=^_^=~


I woke up with my mother telling me that I had a call; from the county attorney about my Ph.D. Crosier. I took the call and found that Jean Crosier had cut off his ankle monitor, but had been coming in our direction before he got rid of it….

Story to be continued…

up
64 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thinking about her

Apparently drives that man crazy.