Jack and Jill by Trudy – 19 – What Will Change?

Printer-friendly version


Jack and Jill by Trudy
– 19 – What Will Change?


By Jessica C

I returned to Aunt Marti’s and Sara came with me for the night. We both gave Aunt Marti big hugs; Sara sat with her as I tend to dinner. Aunt Marti has much of it ready to cook. Cooking dinner gives me a quiet time to reflect on the last few days. I’m tickled that Dr. Kylie and Mom are supportive of my change. It is nice to feel like I’m being treated as a mature person.

Marti and Sara came into the kitchen and Sara pushed me aside, “Pardon me, but I’m taking over so our dinner doesn’t burn.” I looked and I had everything on the stove set too high. We’re all lucky they came in when they did or we’d be eating burnt offerings or sending out for food.

“Is there something you want to tell Trudy that's distracting you,” asks Sara? “Maybe you need to go see her at work.” Aunt Marti smiles as she handed me her car keys.

“I already sent a message for her to call me after work.”

Aunt Marti stops me as I try to pick up Suzy. “Please go and see her at work; your mind is already there.”

I go to my room and make a quick change; I put on a simple grey skirt that Trudy has commented on. I put on a pink blouse with a lace vest. It’s the first time for this combination; I think they make a nice outfit. I do my make-up a little bolder for evening, but not the flash as if it were a date. I pass Sara and Marti’s quick inspection. It only takes a few minutes to get to the store.


< ~ O ~ >

I can’t help but reflect as I’m walking in that all this started with coming here to work dressed as Jill with Trudy being my Jack. I noticed on the way in that Trudy’s on register nine and the store’s modestly busy. Some workers and a few customers noticed me when I came in. Some aren’t putting a name and face together yet. I walk casually to Trudy’s register. She smiles as she sees me and her eyes shift to the left, seemingly encouraging me to look there as well. A giggle climbs into my throat. Mrs. Kendral is Trudy’s customer. She’s also the owner’s wife and someone who’s been very kind to us.

I haven’t seen her in over a month, but she quickly smiles as she notices me. “Hi, Melanie” I detect some teasing as she says, “I’m afraid you’re distracting her while she’s working; you should know better than that. My suggestion is that you tell me what has you looking so radiant tonight and she can listen in.”

“Truth be told Ms. Kendral, my aunt kicked me out and told me to come and see Trudy. I was way too distracted to be of help to her.”

Ms Kendral asked, “Could you turn around slowly, I wanted to verify you’re as proficient with clothes, hair and make-up as you appear to be?” I twirled slowly around as I assured her, “Yes, I’m getting to be, but I did have my sister and Aunt check just in case.” I stop speaking and Hannah quickly picks up the conversation, turning to Trudy.

“It must be something special; I suggest you try to take a break after I’m done.” Trudy smiled at both of us. Her eyes asked what’s up? I nod and try to convey with my eyes it's good news. Trudy nods in return, “It’s very good to see you, I’ll be eager for our visit.”

I didn’t notice, but Hannah had come over to me, “I hope you don’t mind how much of a girl you have become?” Then she drops down to a whisper, “Would you like to remain as Melanie?”

My shock must be apparent as she continues. “While I haven’t seen you to talk with in a while; I have seen you around town and once with a few shopping bags coming out of Carol’s Dress Shoppe. They say it’s easier to tell what’s real when the cameras aren’t on.” I didn’t realize she grabbed a gift card as she was checking out. I did hear her tell Trudy to make it for fifty dollars. Ms Kendral handed it to me, “I hope you like New York and Company.”

I’m speechless 'til Trudy giggles, “Just say thank you.”

“Thank you Ms. Kendral, but fifty dollars is too much.” Trudy coughs lightly, “That was one hundred and fifty dollars.” I begin to shout my thank you and reach over to give Hannah a big hug with tears in my eyes. “This day had just become too special… How did you know! The doctor only agreed earlier today. I came to tell Trudy before I told anyone.”

Hannah and Trudy both have very big smiles on their faces. Trudy comes around and gives me a big hug, “No one knew, you just told us. Melanie your face has become as expressive as any girl I know.”

Tom, the store manager, was coming over when Ms. Kendral waved him off. “It’s not store business, and you don’t need to know.” Ms. Kendral goes over to Tom and soon after Tom tells, Trudy she is to take her break. She finished checking out Ms Kendral. We both thank her for being so good to us. Then we’re off for fifteen minutes.

“I’m sorry Trude,” I say as we find a spot to exchange a not so little kiss. “I hope I didn’t embarrass you.” I'll share what I can. Break areas are not conducive to serious conversation. On Trudy’s way to clock back in, Tom says she can have the rest of the night off if she wishes. Tom signs her card out for the night.


< ~ O ~ >

No sooner than I tell her, “Dr. Kylie says My body is developing its own hormones and my breasts are developing on their own.” Trudy lets her hand, slide down over my breasts and she enjoys seeing my body responds to her touch.

“I’m sorry Melanie that was rude, but your news excites me.” After her work ends, we both go back to Aunt Marti’s house where the girls are all off to bed. Aunt Marti is bringing out Megan to nurse, “Why don’t you get your girls (my dolls) while we enjoy some girl talk.” Trudy comes with me saying she’ll get Sarai and I can get Amanda.

Caring for them has a calming effect and grounds my being Melanie. I am more than a little embarrassed as Marti, Sara and Trudy have a great need to share stories of budding and developing breasts. Sara helps me to discretely as possible to remove my breast forms. Showing my growing breasts seems anti-climatic with Marti nursing Megan across from me. Yet I’m taken with how they appreciate how moving the day has been for me.

Marti invited Trudy to stay overnight with us. It allowed Trudy and me to stay up talking well past 1:00 a.m. While I’m very tired, I’m too wired with my emotions and thoughts to fall asleep. Trudy is not trying to excite me too much or completely make-out with me but she is keeping me in Nirvana.

Despite the fact at eighteen, I am looking like a fourteen year old girl; Trudy is treating me as a beautiful woman. “Mel if we’re to be together your sense of beauty has to come from within. I know you’re used to thinking as Melvin. Knowing how your Aunt, Mom and Sara are so well developed probably indicates how nicely you might be endowed. You should be comfortable being you. Melanie, you’re already pretty. I hope you will grow as a smart woman in how you measure yourself and look out into our world.”

“What do you mean our world?” I’ve turned toward Trudy and could feel her breathe.

“You’re re-entering life as a girl. I understand because falling in love with you. It has pushed me out of my comfort box where a stereotypical straight girl lived. It will be helpful if we don’t have our old baggage. Our world as women comes with a strong male bias. It is hard for a woman to measure up to terms and measurements that aren’t healthy, even if we do.”


< ~ ~ O ~ ~ >

Its morning as I wake up to Aunt Marti’s voice and the touch of her hand on my shoulder, “Hey sleepy head everyone else is already up. Put on your robe and come to the breakfast table.” I feel embarrassed that Aunt Marti caught me sleeping with Trudy; except when I look she’s not there. I do a quick inventory before I pull off the sheet.

I take care of necessary things, brush my hair out enough to look okay and make my way to the breakfast table. I forgot my robe but the nightgown is modest, so I’m good. Sheri’s cute as she insists on sitting between Trudy and me. “Untie Melwanie, when you here yu’d nee to gib’me moor ‘tention.”

I look to see her cute smile trying to be a stern face. I have to give her a hug and confess my guilt. “Sorry Sheri, you are correct. I need to show you that I love you and Suzy more than I have. But you do know I love you, don’t you?”

“I’d kno’d, but yu’d show it moor.” I can tell Sheri feels hurt in sharing the attention she got from her Mom. She loves new sister, but. She also hurts because their Dad's away again. It makes a big girl’s problems seem small.

Sara nudges me, “I hope you realize you have become very important to Sheri and Suzy.

I look to Marti, Trudy is touching her hand. I help Sheri to eat and help feed Suzy. Suzy’s messy plate use to upset my appetite. I help her so it doesn’t wreck Trudy or Sara’s. We have eggs, bacon, fruit, toast, juice and milk. Between Suzy, Sheri and my dolls, my breakfast is more an act of nibbling here and there. I think it helps me from gaining weight. I feel my waist and I’m happy that it is more girl-like.

Trudy shares about the gift card I received from Mrs. Kendral, catching my sister and aunt by surprise. Marti speaks first, “Wow Melanie, I knew you’ve impressed us; but Ms Kendral. That is very nice, I think it says a lot for Mrs. Kendral, and how important you've become to her.”

Trudy acknowledges, “Yes, she’s taken a liking to Melvin. She keeps asking about him coming back to work. I think it is Melanie she’s taken a liking to.”

“You should think of what you might like to buy to make sure you get what you really like and want," Sara said. "You should window shop; try a number of things on before you decide what to buy.”

“Do you think they will have prom dresses,” I ask?

Marti is now hugging me from behind, “No, I don’t think they do. But buying clothes for a good wardrobe will allow you to put some of your savings toward your prom. Plus Uncle Ron and I will help some toward your prom gown. We thought with all your help to my girls and me, we want to make your prom experience extra, extraordinary. We didn’t know if you’d like a gift certificate to Carol’s or for us just to help pay for it wherever you might get your gown.”

“It is almost two months away, so I have plenty of time to shop for a prom gown.”

“Do you have a lot to learn young woman,” says Aunt Marti.

“Girl thinking is a problem she can out grow,” Trudy interjects. “Melanie, you should be shopping now. You can have fun trying on some you can only dream of buying. But you don’t want to dream too long, or you'll see your gown leave with someone else. Plus you need time to select your shoes, lingerie and in your case coordinate with me.”

“Does that mean you asked me to your prom?”


< ~ O ~ >

Marti’s phone rang, and it became obvious that Mom had called.

Trudy lightly says to me, “You know it would be neat if your Mom and I go prom shopping with you. I remember my Mom with me two years ago. I’m glad we did it together. This is your Mom’s one chance with you.”

I pull a Melvin and yell hoping I’m heard over the phone. “Mom can we go shopping for a prom dress. Trudy wants to go with us.”

Marti looks at me, “You’re Mom says yes, but you’ll need to call her back after our conversation if you are not grounded by me, your Aunt.”

“Way to go Sis,” Sara pushed me up and away from the breakfast table. “That is a bad, guy habit, you have of pushing your way into other people’s conversations... I think the Bridgewater Mall’s New York store is the best one in our area.” Trudy quickly agrees.

“Do you girls evaluate each store and mall?” I ask in jest.

“Sure as well as online buying. Don’t get an attitude about it. You’ll be doing it soon enough,” Sara says. She teases, “You’ll soon be having your favorite make-up, salon and even panties.”

Trudy giggles, “I think she likes ‘boy shorts for panties, but that might be only while she has that little worm.” I quickly realize teasing like this could become hard to take. I try to attack my sister, but I’m quickly on the floor with Sara and Trudy tickling me. I see Sheri running over and expect she will protect me. Wrong again, she pounces on my belly as she bursts into giggles and tries tickling me.

“Untie Mewa-nee, you pantee show’n.”


< ~ O ~ >

I am in my room getting dressed so I can take Trudy home to change when my Smart Phone sounds off. It’s a boy name Travis, another senior from school. “Hi Melanie, this is Travis… I heard that new guy Steven asked you to the prom. I figured if Trudy isn’t a lock for coming with you to our prom, I wanted to call and ask you to consider coming as my date.”

I’m shocked. Travis and I have been friends at least since fifth grade. “But you’ve known me as a boy and we were friends. I think you’re cute and everything but don’t you think it would be odd to be dating a boy dressed as a girl?

“I figured if you’re still going as Melanie to the prom. You’re seriously girl. I thought back in eighth grade you’d be better as a girl. I’m sorry if that upsets you, but I think you are a neat girl. If you ever are willing to go out with a guy as a girl, I’d seriously like to date you.”

I fall back onto my bed as we talk. Travis has to be 6’ 2” with dirty blonde hair. He turns eighteen at the end of this month, so he could easily be 6’ 4” or better by the time he quits growing. This is stupid, but just talking to him excites me.

“So what do you think Melanie?” I didn't really hear what he just said. How am I to answer?

“Sorry Travis, the phone just broke up what you said, can you say that again?"

I hear Sara near my door and wonder how close Trudy is. “Travis, I’m not saying what I’m doing yet, but if you like me, why don’t you talk to me at school?”

Travis sounding hurt said. “I’ve looked at you and you didn’t even blink at me. I stood my ground right in front of you trying to get you to notice me. You walked around me both times but didn't do anything.”

“I’m sorry but a number of guys that do that have tried to give me trouble. I won’t promise to date you or anything about the prom. But I’d enjoy you being my friend again. That’s how I think it should be first anyway.” I got off the bed because I need to finish changing, “Travis, I need to get going, but thanks for calling.”

“Hey, I haven’t been to church lately. I’ll plan to go and sit in the balcony if you say you’ll go.” I paused before saying anything. Finally I heard him mutter “Okay.”

“I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I need to say, Good-bye till then Travis.”


< ~ O ~ >

I pulled out a pair of dark rose, crushed velour leggings and an extra long cream sweater dress. It is a cold day out and this looks feminine and functionally will be warm. I open the bedroom door a crack and as I’m doing my make-up and hair. Trudy’s there to talk. She showers and changes into one of Sara's old outfits until she gets home. I enjoy it when she stops a moment to put her arms around me and nuzzles me.

I try the same thing but it is a new experience to to embrace her and have my breasts come between us. I sense the feelings and I know I need to get use to it. It’s just a reminder that things are different. I love being Melanie; I’m just not used to me yet. Trudy picks out a necklace and asks me to turn around as she puts it on me. Something simple, yet it is nice. I pick an old pinky ring of Sara’s to go with it. Trudy congratulates me on the nice choice.


< ~ O ~ >

Trudy drives home, and I go with her. Mrs. Brandt greets me warmly, “Melanie, I like the new look; it’s like you’re one of the girls. Trudy says you two are going to shop for your prom gown with your mother. Is she excited to be shopping with her new daughter? Your first prom dress is such a memory; I hope you will make sure you get the right one.”

“Mrs. Brandt, can I ask if you’re alright with me going to Trudy’s Prom as another girl?”

She smiled and took me by the hand to the sofa where we sat together. I must say I wouldn’t have predicted it. For years Trudy talked of her friend and coworker Melvin. He was special but never a boy friend. Even a month ago I would have hoped it wouldn’t happen. Now it would be upsetting if you two didn’t go together.

“Melanie, I would like you to let me know if you decide to remain a girl for the remainder of the year. I would like for Trudy and I to take you out shopping for a new outfit and a girl’s dinner out.”

“I…” I didn’t know how to tell her as I didn’t want to sound like I was after the outfit.

Carol giggles, “I’m sorry. I kind of set you up. Trudy told me it was likely you had decided to stay in girl mode if you’re going as Melanie to the Prom.”

“Now may I pry? Does this mean you’re just crossdressing until the end of the school year? Or are you planning to remain Melanie?” Trudy had returned the room.

Trudy says, “Mom and I talked last weekend. I said that I thought you might stay as a girl. Mom’s concern was I need to work through an guilt which I have.”

“Mrs. Brandt, is it okay if Trudy goes with me and my Mom to begin shopping for my prom gown? Would you be free to come with us?”

Mrs. Brandt lights up, “Oh, that is so nice you asked, and it tempts me so much. Alas, I’m tied up until 3:00. I would love it, if when you find one you call me to come see it. I’d be happy to treat all of you for dinner and conversation.”

Trudy pulls me by the arm while saying good-bye to her mom.

“Hey girl, what are you doing? You can’t invite someone else out on your mother/daughter time. It is nice enough you invited me along. It will be hard enough for you to select anything with two other women with you.”


< ~ O ~ >

“Come on, we’ll have a good hour and a half to shop at New York and Company.” When we got there, I headed toward the clearance racks to make my money go further. Trudy tugged me over to the spring fashions. “Don’t embarrass Ms Kendral by buying something from there. Those things are for winter anyway. You should be able to get two or three nice outfits or dresses from these.”

A sales woman came over and asks what sizes we’re looking for. Trudy said a 10 and I disagreed with a smile. “No, I’m an eight now.”

Trudy looked me up and down, “Way to go girl, congratulations.”

“I’d like to find two good skirt-top combinations and one nice spring dress. Hopefully we’ll be able to get one or two today.”

Gina introduced herself, “Congratulations on your new size, you are very pretty. Would you like to begin with looking at skirts or dresses? Do you have to replace your spring wardrobe because of your change in sizes?”

Looking over to Trudy, “Yes something like that.”

I hear another girl’s voice behind me, “If she has a spring wardrobe to replace.” I turn to see who’s speaking when I hear Trudy speak up.

“Hi Dawn. Melanie, this is a friend and classmate, Dawn. Dawn you know Melanie, but I don’t think you’ve really met.” I look at the skirts where Gina has stopped. It isn’t a problem to find any that I like, but I cough when I check the price tags.

“They’re 20% off and if you get a second outfit or dress that is 35% off," Gina said. "But let me show you why you’ll want to consider these.” She showed me the lining and stitching around the waist, the matching up of one section to another. I become nonchalant about understanding what she is saying. I remembered hearing this in the past when I tagged along with my Mom or sister. Today the importance registers. I have a rose pink skirt as well as a flowered print skirt as I head to the changing room.

I hear Dawn begin to ask what I’m doing. Trudy steps forward handing me a white blouse. Trudy thought and I didn’t. It would be hard trying on skirts and things with a long sweater dress. I like both, but won’t buy both as they’re too much alike in their style and fabric. I model both and Trudy agrees with my thinking. We both lean to the floral print but, Trudy holds out for a different floral print that she says compliments my coloring.

Dawn is beaming as she and Trudy help me in selecting tops. She’s touched my shoulder feeling my bra strap and took hold of my hand looking meticulously close at my fingers. “Do I pass for a girl,” I ask?

Now she smiles like a little girl caught in the act. “I’m sorry that’s insensitive, but yes you pass amazingly well.” With a delicate touch she traces over one of my eyebrows. “I watched you play baseball against my brother two years ago. I don’t see any trace of that boy save your long eyelashes.” I see the resemblance to Mike Pipers. She says, “I had a crush on you then.”

She holds up a thin blouse in front of me. “You know this would be very pretty on you. You would want a camisole underneath unless you were comfortable people seeing your budding figure.”

“Melanie, she has succeeded in bringing a blush to your face," Trudy said.

We walk out after two hours selecting two skirts and four tops. I would have spent the whole gift card except with the discounts and some of my own money I still have some thirty dollars to put toward a dress. I’m pretty sure I saw the dress I’d like to buy. Trudy encouraged me not to rush.


< ~ O ~ >

We still reached my parents house with time to spare. I pulled out a twenty ounce Dew out of the refrigerator. Trudy slapped my hand away from opening it. “Do you want to destroy your work in getting down to a size 8?” Trudy found two lemon wedges Mom and Sara keep in the refrig. I pour glasses of water for each of us.

I thought we needed to get going. But first I have to model one of my outfits. My Melvin mind was worried about time, Melanie very much enjoyed taking the time to show off an outfit. It isn’t that I mind, but my pattern is guy thinking. I like pausing and sharing. Sara shows us a new pair of designer jeans and a cami top that she models for us.


=^_^=


Sara asks, “Have you decided which of you is going with the full gown?” I don’t have the foggiest idea of what she’s talking about, but looking to Trudy, I see she understands. Sara explains two full gowns would make it harder to dance and draw close. Sara reminds me of the sleek gown she had last year. It was as beautiful as any other gown and the way it hugged her body and with the slit up one side it was to die for.

Mom hands me my purse, “Come on young lady, I don’t want to hear any comparisons when you’re trying a gown. If you can’t enjoy shopping for your prom dress then you shouldn’t go. We’re off to shop for my prom dress…

To be continued…

up
138 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This Continues To Be a Delightful Tale

littlerocksilver's picture

It's fun to see how desperate Melanie is to change and fit in while still doubting her femininity. It will take time, but she has great support.

Portia

The paradox of Melanie...

"...how desperate Melanie is to change and fit in while still doubting her femininity" I think you caught it well. Melanie is getting stronger about the necessity of the change, but in some ways has trouble embracing aspects if it.

Thanks for your comment.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Intressting

Renee_Heart2's picture

Sounds like Mel is going to have fun shopping for her prom dress and I hope she does enjoy shopping.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Wow! Dawn had a crush.....

On Melvin. Wonder how she'll feel about Melanie! Trudy may have some competition? Funny how Melvin never seemed to have this. Jessie dear, yes still here! Loving Hugs Talia

Wow! Dawn had a crush.....response

Not sure if Dawn let him know she liked him or if her did not perceive it. Seemingly Melanie perceives and expresses herself easier. I think it might be that Melanie is a more naturally who he/she is. It's like feeling love now, it comes easier when I relax and be me.

Hugs ^_^, Jessie

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

This keeps getting better and better,

Maren Sorensen's picture

even as it winds down for now. I hope to be going back to read more of your stories in a month or so when It's easier for me.

But thank you for this one, it's priceless,

Maren

Getting and feeling better...

Celebrating what is happening for you as well as with Melanie. I feel better about how sotries are going right now. I appreciate your encouragement. Enjoy them when you can.

Warm hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors