April's Fool - 16

Printer-friendly version

They got me to the house and up the stairs.

“Um,” Mitzy said softly. “Hon, you need to shower before getting in bed.”

I frowned. “Why?”

“You have stuff in your hair, and you need to remove your makeup. Otherwise your skin will suffer.”

I sighed and nodded. I needed to use the restroom anyway.

She helped me into the restroom. “Do you need help removing your clothes?”

I shook my head. “I can take care of it.”

Needing to use the commode, I quickly disrobed and sat down. Everything felt different down there, and I was soon releasing and feeling some relief. I turned the shower on hot, then eased myself in.

We still had some of Mom’s shampoo in the little basket beside the tub. I soaked myself good and long, letting the heat and water sluice away the shame, guilt, and pain.

Toweling off, I tried not to notice my new curves and additions. It was going to be a problem, however, as I had nothing to wear, and none of Mom’s clothes would fit this flabby body. I put on one of dad’s robes that at least covered most of my flesh, and slid under the covers. I was quickly asleep.

The alarm woke me the next morning. At first everything felt strange and weird, but then the events of the previous day filtered in.

Sighing, I got up. My headache had gone away and at least I was thinking a bit clearer.

Pulling on my dad’s robe, I realized I was going to need to do something about the clothing situation and quickly. Jeff usually picked me up for school. I glanced at the clock, and went into the restroom.

My hair was a matted disarray. I tried to comb through it, but only made things worse. My skin of my face was blotchy and had sun spots. I wished I had Desdemonia’s magic, she probably just poofed herself into perfection each morning.

I was finally able to wrangle the hair into a workable ponytail, and found some of mom’s sweats that weren’t too tight. I’d just put on Desdemonia’s heeled shoes when I heard the horn honk outside.

It felt strange going to school in my ex-girlfriend’s Mother’s body. I levered myself up into the passenger seat. Mitzy threw her arms around me. “How was your night?”

“Slept,” I said. “Long and hard.”

“Hah, I bet,” Jeff said. “Did you at least feel yourself up?”

“Don’t be crass,” I said.

Wait, where had that come from? I remembered Desdemonia had used the phrase yesterday.

“Uh, okay, Grandma!” Jeff laughed, as he pulled the Scout into traffic.

Frowning, I crossed my arms. Why was he being so insufferable?

“So you’re going to school like nothing happened?” Mitzy said.

“I suppose,” I said. “I left my backpack and all my homework there yesterday.”

“I grabbed it for you Bro, er…Girl.” Jeff said. “In the back.”

“Thanks, man.”

I thought about the upcoming day. I had homework assignments due in three classes, a quiz in one class, and we were supposed to have an intersquad practice game that afternoon. I guess I wouldn’t be playing third base anytime soon.

I sighed, and felt like I was going to cry again.

As if reading my thoughts, Mitzy hugged me again.

“Did you hear anything about where they put Dad, April and Pete?”

“Wolf rescue from Jonesburg,” Jeff said.

I nodded. It was the usual pattern with feral werewolves. If they couldn’t learn to socialize with other werewolves and be accepted into a pack, they’d be put down. I thought about the way dad had thrust himself over and over again into the glass and sighed.

“Do you want to go visit them?” Mitzy said.

“I don’t know,” I said.

“It might be nice for April to see her mother’s face again.”

“Do you guys want to?”

Jeff shrugged. “I’m down with a ditch day. It’s Friday anyway, most of my classes will be watching movies.”

“Okay,” I said, feeling a bit better.

The drive to Jonesburg took less than an hour. It was a mountain town near where our cabin was, actually. The wolf rescue was on the outskirts of town and had been a former logging mill that had been converted into pens. Wolves howled and snarled as we parked. We got out of the Scout, and I immediately needed to use the restroom again.

I made it to the front desk and while they talked to the staff, I scooted to the Ladies room.

Lady, another new term that applied to me. I sighed and entered one of the stalls.

After taking care of business I looked at my appearance in the mirror. I really needed some makeup, or at least some lipstick if I was going to be presentable. I also ran my fingers through my streaked hair and attempted to arrange it a bit neater than it had been.

I found Mitzy and Jeff at the door to the pens, waiting for me with wide eyes.

“What?” I said.

“Um…” Jeff said.

“Seth…there’s been another change,” Mitzy said.

“What do you mean?” I looked out into the pens. I saw several wolves, and another section for werewolves. The twisted, feral, supernaturally strong werewolves snarled and roared with glowing eyes of different colors. I walked past several werewolf pens. I found my father’s werewolf form, with burning chrome colored eyes and black pelt mixed with silver. It ran around and around and around in a circle, sometimes hurling itself against the heavy iron cage.

I reached the end, but didn’t see Pete or my Werewolf forms anywhere.

“Where are they?” I said. “Did they take them to a different rescue?”

“Um, no?” Mitzy said, pointing.

She pointed at a different enclosure within the wolf section.

“Wow, did they already calm down?” I said, walking the pen. Two wolves lay against each other, one a mixed white and reddish brown and the other a darker brown mixed with white. They were wolves though, not the supernaturally strong human/wolf mix that I’d been. These were two larger than normal wolves, quadrupedal, heavy fur, long snout…no human features whatsoever.

“Is April and dad in with those two?”

“That is your dad and April, Seth,” Mitzy said.

The two animals saw us and struggled up to their feet. The larger dark brown mixed with white wolf licked the rust colored wolf on the cheek. They trotted over to us.

It dawned on me as the rust colored one approached. Both wolves chuffed at us, and their tails began to wag.

“Wait..that can’t be…”

“After they calmed down and a night of sleep, they’ve become gray wolves,” a staff member behind us said. “We’ve never seen that happen before.”

The rust mixed with white wolf stood up with it’s forepaws on the chain link gate in front of us. It’s tongue lolled out of it’s mouth and it gave a friendly bark as it’s tail wagged.

“April?” I said, leaning down to stroke the wolf’s pelt through the gate.

The tail began to wag faster and faster. It whined softly.

“Aww, I think you can go in for a visit,” the staff member said. “Just be careful of her mate.”

“Her…mate?” I said, looking at the darker wolf. It gave a little bark followed with a growl as if in warning.

“Dad?” I said.

The other wolf’s tail began to wag too. But it was in a more mechanical fashion, and it did not whine like the smaller wolf. Under it’s torso I could see a male sheath.

“Yep, they mated last night,” the employee said, opening the gate and entering the enclosure.

Petrified, I stared at them. I realized that under torso was…nothing.

April was a female wolf.

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

oh boy what a mess!

April has mated with his dad, he's stuck in the body of her mom, can anybody fix this mess, especially with the Who coming?

DogSig.png

And how. ^^^^

It's a good thing these chapters are coming quickly, because my mind would burn to a crisp trying to figure out what is going be happening next.

Well...

kyro232's picture

I see this going to end badly for some people probably Seth most likely I would ask what else can happen to hurt Seth but that would taunt Murphy and I don't think Seth needs that

Did Seth's dad really boink his sons body regardless of who was in it can I say what the hell dad

I Could Be Wrong...

...but since the attendant described it as "mating" it'd seem that the body had already morphed into a female, and he wouldn't be thinking of it as his son. Beyond that, I think the story said that if changed into a wolf permanently the body would be operating essentially on instinct.

April, as we've seen, is an exception. I'm wondering if the third eye -- Seth's or April's -- is still operating in the wolf body and keeping it more civilized. If so, then the conditions for the "key" may still be in effect. It wasn't clear (to me, at least), based upon what we've been told so far, whether the key was something that would let Cthulhu's cousin invade this world or something that could lock the entrance and keep him out.

Eric

I understand

kyro232's picture

But it still his Son/Daughters body and if the dad and April do turn back into human hope it freaks the hell out of Seth's dad and dad understands why Seth might chose not look at him in positive light and has a hard time interacting with him in a positive manner going forward because instinct isn't a excuse just to wash away what happened to his kids body

Dad!

Dee Sylvan's picture

C'mon Dad! What the Hell? This doesn't bode well for a happy ending... to say the least. Let's hope that Seth doesn't mate with anyone... or anything? :DD

DeeDee

Dad

kyro232's picture

Well considering Seth father came off as a bit of ass along with most of the other character besides Seth and Jeff , Mitzy I'm not shocked , but still not cool and hope if there is another body swap or April and his dad can turn back to human Seth gets chance to punch dad's light out given dad earned it

so bizarre

and if they ever turn back...ewwww.

When A Canine Is On Heat

joannebarbarella's picture

There is no intellect involved. It is pure instinct and a male wolf will mate with a female and she will welcome it. The result will be puppies. What we don't know is what will be the aftermath and if they will ever return to human form

I still don't see

Wendy Jean's picture

How they are going to get out of this mess.