Haida's Travels, an Arpeggio Blue Steel fanfic, part 2

Printer-friendly version

Author's notes, It had occurred to me that not everyone would know about the anime I was writing the fanfic about so I wrote a brief outline of the anime to help out. I'll also post terms that would come up to help avoid confusion. If anyone has any questions about the anime or more specifically my fanfic, then I would encourage everyone to ask and I'll answer them as best I can

Term notes:
Klien field: this is essentially an energy shield that can block incoming weapons fire.

Corrosive torpedoes: This is a form of torpedo that explodes into a ball of energy. When it dissipates, it essentially disintegrates everything it encompasses.

Haida's Travels, an Arpeggio of Blue steel fanfic
By: Set3

Part 2

Haida spun her head to stare at the military man. How were they able to capture her?

"I don't like this dream," Haida stated worriedly at the nightmare her dream was becoming. She tried to initiate the subroutines to wake her up, but they seemed refusing to respond at first. She sighed in relief as she felt them working and could already feel herself beginning to wake up.

Before the nightmare faded away she heard the veteran mussing about hiding on the ship. And then she woke up.

Haida sat bolt upright with a start. Breathing hard, she ran throughout her shipself searching for anyone who could be hiding on her. She knew every compartment, every nook and cranny. She ran through herself three times finding no trace of any humans having been onboard. It was after her final search that she finally calmed down. She laughed at herself for getting caught up in her dream/nightmare. There was no way any human could capture any of her kind, let alone a destroyer like her. Taking a quick breath she made her way back to the open bridge section and stared at the horizon. She could easily see beyond the horizon with her ship sensors but there was something about seeing the horizon with what the human would call "mark one" eyeballs.

"Maybe humans aren't all bad," she thought as she watched the sun rising. She was broken from her silly reverie when she heard cannon fire off her starboard front. She used her sensors to see what was going on. She saw one of her sisters, the light cruiser, Ontario and frigate, Annan. They looked to be firing on a small human fishing boat. Her sisters were making a game of firing near-misses on the fishing boat, getting a little closer each time. The boat rocked haphazardly each time the concussive forces of the shots hit near. The humans were holding on for dear life, but, it would be a futile attempt as they would soon be killed. Whether by the explosions of the weapons fire, their boat, or just from drowning.

Haida frowned at this cruelty. "This isn't right," she whispered in a daze as she pushed her engines to full. It wasn't long before she was moving between and behind her sisters. The boat had broken up under the pounding but the humans were still alive. Barely.

At the last moment, she turned one of her turrets to port and the second bow turret to starboard and fired on the light cruiser and frigate, targeting their facing stern sections. She immediately followed up by splitting her torpedo rack and launched two torpedoes to each ship. The hits from her turrets prevented them from raising their klien fields that would have prevented a good deal of the damages her torpedoes would have caused. The corrosive torpedoes hit home unimpeded. Both torpedoes exploded in orbs of destruction atomizing the structures of the ships they enveloped. When the destructive orbs collapsed, it was as if a sphere-shape hole was missing from both ships, crippling them instantly. Haida further followed up by firing her turrets into the gaping holes of her sister's hulls causing secondary explosions. Both ships were effectively destroyed and as their bows sunk below the waves Haida was beside herself.

"What have I done?!"

End part 2

up
40 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos