That's ok

Printer-friendly version

That's ok.

By: Set3

Edward had lived for centuries. He had lived through the black death. Twice (a story for another day). Imparting favours in magical wishes, mostly to his own amusement, but the rare occasion like this he fulfils their wish as desired. This happened to be Brent who, earlier that day, returned the wallet he dropped to him. It should have been a ready one-in-done and so far, it felt like Edward had only started.

"You're sure this is all you want?" he asked as he stared at Brent, who was now transformed into a female version of himself. The fourteen-year-old boy was now a fourteen-year-old girl. About as skinny as he was before and about as wiry. Brent hips had only a small, but noticeable, flare. Just enough to notice. Her breasts were small, only being somewhere between an A-cup to B-cup. Again, small but noticeable. Her hair was just as short as it was before her transformation. Again, a one-to-one transformation from a boy, to a girl. Again, only the beginning, Edward thought.

Brent nodded her head as she looked herself over, "Yep," she said simply.

Edward looked at the newly minted girl incredulously, "I have power beyond what most mortals could only dream of and this is all you want?" he asked.

"Uh-huh," was her reply.

"I can give you a female body that all women everywhere would envy and men would lust over and you want to stop here?" he asked again.

"M-hmm," she replied as she twisted herself around looking at herself from different angles.

"I can give you riches that most could only dream of one day acquiring on their deathbed in the prime of your life and this is all you want?"

Brent just nodded.

"I can make you the most popular person on the face of the planet that historians at the end of time would still know your name and only this little is enough to satisfy you?"

"There is one other thing," Brent said at last.

"Finally," Edward thought as he gathered the energies of the cosmos in his hands, "What else can I reward you with?" he asked, waiting with baited breath.

"Can you make it so everyone believes that I was always born a girl, please? And also have all the right documentation to reflect that too please?" she asked him.

Edward slowly lowered his hands, letting the energies of the universe return to where he called them from.

"That's it? You only want me to twist reality enough to bend to your new form? Nothing more?"

"That's right," Brent answered.

Edward tilted his head coyly, "Once I do this, I will leave. And everything else I could give you as I described will be out of your reach forever more. You will never see me again," he warned.

Brent just kind of shrugged, "That's ok," she said simply.

Edward let loose a soft chuckle. The child's desire was refreshingly simple. "Very well," he concluded and snapped his fingers.

Reality sort of lurched around Brent briefly causing her to feel slightly queasy, but the sensation quickly past. She went on about her day as if it was never interrupted. She didn't need untold riches nor unnatural beauty. She wasn't even planning on getting any dresses, let alone wearing any make-up.

She was a girl now, nothing fancy and nothing special.

And that was ok.

The End.

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Loved It

joannebarbarella's picture

Knew what she wanted and wasn't greedy!

For some of us,

Angharad's picture

Sufficiency is enough.

Angharad

Very nice low-key story

Underestimated so far in my opinion.

A very wise young woman.

"Nothing Fancy...

Daphne Xu's picture

... and nothing special."

Who knows what would have happened if he'd wished for something extravagant. In stories, it usually turns out bad. On the other hand, who knows what will happen? Reality can shift all over the place once it shifts. Maybe thanks to this wish, Donald Trump became President.

-- Daphne Xu

Cool

So very cool