Bobby's Shoes

Printer-friendly version
This one comes first

"Suze, I've got a problem, the sole has come off of my shoes, I can't walk like this."

"Try going to the office, they might have some shoes in the lost and found, maybe you can borrow something from them."

"Good idea," I said as I left to the office, which thankfully wasn't far as my sole flopped around, being only attached at the heel.

"Sorry, Bobby, I'm afraid there aren't any shoes in the lost and found that might fit you," said Mrs. Peterson, the school secretary.

"Suzy, help! They don't have any shoes that I could wear"

"Here Bobby, try these," Suzy answered, as she handed me her sneakers (trainers for you Brits) she wore for P.E.

"Suze! These are girl's sneakers, I can't wear pink sneakers!"

"Bobby, then you will have to go barefoot or just flop around in those," she replied. "That's what you get for not having any gym shoes and just wearing your sneaks all the time. If you want, you can wear my Mary Janes instead of my sneakers."

"Suzy, you are just too much, I'm tempted to try to take you up on that, you wouldn't dare!"

"You're on," she said as she snatched the sneakers away from me.

I tried on the Mary Janes, which fit quite well, and said, "OK Suze, you had your joke, I'll wear the sneakers."

"Nope, you can just wear those today, besides, they look good on you, much better than those ragged sneakers you always wear."

Should I write a story around these, or keep it as a series of short shorts? I only planned the original short short, but more ideas keep coming.
up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

i like it

lisa charlene's picture

its a good beginning would love to see where it goes lol series please

Either Way

Teek's picture

To be honest, it would work either way, as a "Short Short" or the beginning of a story. It all depends, are the other ideas including the same characters, or something completely different.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

It is all the same characters,

did you read the other two? I feel the same way, that it could work either way, I was just curious if people wanted it one way or another. Oooh, a Blondie quote!

Please continue

SammyC's picture

The set-up has so many possibilities, Holly. Would love to see where you take it.

Hugs,

Sammy

keep running with it.

Lots of good opportunities lurking around the corner.

What?

Nobody had any duct tape? Fixes shoes with just a couple of wraps!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I wanted it to be about shoes,

and I couldn't think of another reason to have to wear some other shoes. If it had been a bit in a full story, I probably would have had them try that and have it somehow fail again.