Don't Worry 1

Printer-friendly version

This is just the beginning of a new story. If you want to read more, please let me know. And just to remind you, I have a new novel on Amazon called Being Invisible. Take a look. There are lots of chapters to read for free.

Don’t Worry
Leslie Moore

“Honey, it’s okay. I’m sure when you get your strength back, everything will be fine.”

Mathew wiped a tear from his eyes. Even since he’d been sick, so much had changed. He’d lost so much weight, pounds that he couldn’t afford to lose. And strength. He’d always be described as slight, but after spending four weeks in bed, he was a mess. And now that he was starting to recover, well. It just wasn’t going fast enough. “I just feel bad for you, honey. I’m absolutely useless. I never intended for you to take care of me. That’s my job. I’m the breadwinner.”

His wife, Frankie, smiled. “Why, baby, don’t feel that way. You please me. I’m happy. You’ve made sure I’m always satisfied. I’m content.” She turned away so Mathew couldn’t read her face and see what she was really thinking. “I’ve run a bath for you. Mother’s coming by after she finishes her hospital rounds to check up on you. We need to freshen you up after our love making.”

Mathew nodded. “Thank you. I wish I had the strength to stand in the shower. I feel so helpless depending on you for everything. And not being able to perform. It’s very frustrating.”

“Here, pull off that nightshirt, and let me look at you. You never were a big guy, but I almost feel like I could pick you up. I’m sure I outweigh you.”

Mathew nodded. “Well, that’s you. I’ve always been attracted to strong women. I think it’s great you enjoy going to the gym and staying fit.”

Frankie agreed. “Strong women. Like our moms. Your mom with her business and mine becoming a doctor. And you know now much I just love to work out. I think that some men would be intimidated by a woman like me.”

“Not me.” Mathew let her help him into the deep tub full of hot water. He sighed aloud. It felt so good as he inhaled. “What’s the scent? I don’t recognize it?”

Frankie nodded. “It’s a new one I found at the mall. I thought that we could share it. Now, let’s wash your hair. Your hair and face smell of me. I can’t believe you had me exploding like that. I’m forever changing the bed after our lovemaking. And I’m always surprised that you don’t mind.”

“No, I like pleasing you. I get pleasure, too. I know I’ve got you going when you just let everything go.”

“And I’m always amazed that doesn’t gross you out. I know you’re doing it for me, and well, I try to reciprocate.”

“Frankie, I get embarrassed when you take me over the edge that way. Sometimes, well, it’s not very manly. I mean my body, well, I lose control.””

“I’m sure that when you get your strength back, you won’t need my little helper. I do like to get you moaning. It makes me feel powerful hearing you scream my name.”

Mathew shook his head from side to side. “It seems like such a role reversal when you take me like that. Don’t you look down on me? Should I be embarrassed?”

Frankie smiled and added conditioner to his hair. “I like it. Sometimes, I imagine I’m the guy making my girlfriend scream with pleasure. But, you know that mother was the one who suggested we do that. She says it's important to keep those nerve endings ready. She said that when you get all your strength back, you don’t want anything to atrophy.”

“Well, I really feel like everything is shrinking. Losing all that weight and, well, energy. I feel like everything has gotten smaller down there.”

Frankie kissed him on the lips. Even after scrubbing his face, he still smelled. “My mom is the best doctor to help you. And she cares so much about her son-in-law. All the infusions, the supplements, and the weekly shots. I love how she’s filling you with vitamins to make you strong again.”

Mathew nodded as Frankie combed through his wet hair. He felt his wet hair hitting his shoulders. “Look at that length. I’m a mess. I’m long overdue for a trim. I think my hair has gone from stylishly long to a fright wig. And I can’t even imagine trying to find a suit that fits when it’s time to go back to work.”

“Well, if I can get you to stand up long enough, I can measure you properly. We can send one or two of your suits out to the tailors.” Frankie thought about how handsome Mathew looked in his business suits. “You know, that’s how I first saw you. You were running the office and looked so important. The captain of the ship. Giving orders, keeping everything flowing.”

“Well, thank goodness my mom could fly up and take back over. I never envisioned this virus to be so debilitating.”

“Well, you’re lucky. After all, you’d been running the company since you graduated college, and the profits have grown each year. No one ever expected you to bring out new lingerie lines in the first year. Even now, as you expand the company, everything has been a hit. You really do have a sense of how women like to look.”

Mathew shook his head. “I miss work. We’re just lucky that mom is supporting up. That used to be my job. I miss taking care of you.”

up
187 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great Start

This could be a great series. The right "vitamins" the right workouts - for flexibility and tone rather than muscle building.

Maybe just a little silly

Thanks for writing. It’s just a predictable piece that we’ve all read some bits and pieces before. But, sometimes, the story in your head just needs to come out.

Thanks for humoring me.

L

Don't worry

A very suspicious start. I have to follow and find what's going on of course.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Well,

I know this isn’t great art, more of a coloring inside the lines. But, thanks for writing!

More please

More more more

EllieJo Jayne

Morning, EllieJo

Thanks for picking this one up and writing. Hopefully, it will stay entertaining

Nice start

Donna T's picture

This story is a "keeper'... lots of potential... and potential delights too.

Donna

Delights for Donna

I hope I can deliver. Thanks for reading and writing

Leslie

A really nice start to a new story……

D. Eden's picture

It kind of reminds me of one I read on Fictionmania about a role reversal in a marriage.

Looking forward to see where you go with this!

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

So similar

Uh-huh. While some of those classic story tellers on that site seem to be overshadowed by darker toned tales, I just wanted to return to a simple-minded, predictable classic.

Thanks for writing.

I very much agree…….

D. Eden's picture

Quite often there is an abusive undertone to the stories on Fictionmania. Many of them drift closer to forced fem than I like, or one of the characters seems to take way too much pleasure in the humiliation or suffering of another due to the changes.

Hopefully you can lighten up the topic and make it more enjoyable!

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Uh-Huh

I agree. It's funny. I've decided to write two versions of this, one for here and another for FM. Neither will go further than what I want to say, but the other one might be a little more graphic than what I post here. Both versions will remain pretty tame even though I've added a lot of warnings at the beginning of the one here. The story might not be graphic, but it does deal with sex. Over there, I've posted it as a G-rated story because they have different standards.

I'm not into simply pandering for attention by writing something to get a rise. That's just not me.

Speaking of me. I loved the cover so much that the artist drew for Being Invisible I sent her some photos to paint a portrait that I could add to my Amazon site. I've become a cartoon!

thank you

Seriously? I love it but, well, it's a bit of fun. Thanks for reading and much thanks for writing, too

Nothing New

Sigh. Don’t we all want to be loved.

Leslie

erin's picture

Devious as always. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

A Corrupted Brain

I’m sure an MRI would reveal this strange frontal lobe inside that creates this bizarre need I have to tell these little stories!

Go on

Curious to find out who’s behind the “virus”

Imagine!

And what kind of person would take advantage of that?

Skulduggery

joannebarbarella's picture

My suspicious mind says that not all is as it seems.

Naturally

Of course you would, Joanne!

But, of course, you’re right!

It’s all I know

I love cliffhangers! Baiting a hook and dropping a line can be so much fun. Of course, I believe in catch and release.

An interesting start

Samantha Heart's picture

To this new story. I kind of think I know where you are going with this one, but not 100% certain. Look forward to more.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

road map

Dear Samantha,

I'll let you in a secret. I don't know where I'm going. I have kinda have a picture in my head and have seen some of it playing out in various showers I've taken over this past week, but it's really not fleshed out. BTW, speaking of showers - the fun of living at the beach is an outside shower...

Back when I wrote Being Invisible, I had the whole story done before I presented it here. Just cause my first try at it was such a mess. But, little stories like this one are just fun to see where they go

Intriguing, but…

Robertlouis's picture

…a sense of dread too.

You’ve got me hooked already, Leslie. The opening chapter is the essence of good short story writing. Everything the reader needs in a few short, crisp sentences. Excellent start.

☠️

thank you, Robert

but, no sense of dread necessary...

it's just a short thing and I do love a cliff hanger!

So far

It seems he is in an excellent marriage, wonder if it stays that way?

Hope

I hope everyone stays happy. But, not everyone stays married