Dragon's Mark ~ Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version


I screw up my face. "Does this mean I'll have … a period? Ewww!"



 

 DragonsMarc-cov-001_0.jpg

Dragon's Mark

By Shauna

Copyright© 2021 Shauna J. Rousseau
All Rights Reserved.
(Cover image designed by Joyce Melton.)
(Edited by Angela Rasch.)


 
 
Chapter Eight

 


 

I lay in the unfamiliar bed in Ginger's … and now Sis' … guestroom. My eyebrows are still stinging from the abuse they took from Ginger's wicked tweezers. My long, oval, bright red nails feel soft on top as they run under the satin sheets … and my nipples harden as they tickle them through the satin of my candy-apple red baby doll nightie.

I think back to watching Ginger in the mirror as she finished cutting my long hair in a very feminine style. When she was done, it was still very long, but undeniably a trendy woman's cut. Pair that with the uber-girly brows that I now sport, the sexy red baby doll nightie they insisted I wear, and the long red nails, and I'm every guy's wet dream—even without makeup. But when Ginger finished my makeover after she cut my hair, I was ready for the center fold in Playboy Magazine!

I sigh and try to think of something else. But that leads me to slip and quit ignoring the incessant tug on my heart that's now persistently coming from my mate. My lust and desire for him starts to soar, so I put those new nails to good use … along with the newfound feeling in my legs … and pinch myself until I gasp. That works for a few seconds, then the overwhelming desire of the infernal tug pushes its way back into the forefront of my mind.

I try counting sheep. I get to twenty … and they just start lining up, pointing in the same direction as my incessant pull … toward Race. It's like they're some wooly compass, or something. I want to scream!

I sigh and try thinking about the dinosaurs … and how the Dragons forced innocent people to turn into one of them. Well … as far as I know they're innocent people, anyway. But in any case, they were forced to transform into one. It's a horrible plight, but is it really any different than what Kamorkis did to Sis and Ginger? Neither of them asked to be wolves. I mean, sure … they're still human. Well, sort of. But the point is, they had no real choice, either. And this whole magic thing … some people just suddenly having their lives upended when it suddenly appears in their lives, with the age spurts and all the angst and uncertainty. It's all so unfair!

I gasp as my connection to Sis suddenly sparks and I'm sucked into their ongoing love-making session next door. Ginger's tongue is slipping into Sis' wet slit, and she is licking her in a very special way … lapping up her juices and stimulating her little mound in a manner that creates more juices. Sis … and I … get hotter and hotter as the pressure in our bodies mounts.

I lose my focus on Sis as I feel my heartrate increase and my breaths get shorter and harder, turning into desperate gasps and small whimpers. My long nails run across my breasts, alternately raking the skin of my erect mounds through the satin of my nightie and tweaking my rock-hard nipples.

My hands then rub between my legs where, like Sis, I should feel the hot, warm dampness of my womanhood, but instead just feel the wreckage of my ruined loins. Undeterred, my hands return to my breasts, and my nails once again start tickling my breasts through the satiny material of my nightie.

I groan loudly and whimper as I hear a growl from next door.

Suddenly, the huge orgasm hits me—at the same time it hits Sis. We scream together—only Sis is more the howl of a wolf, while mine is more a mix of a scream and very loud moaning.

Finally, I collapse into an exhausted sleep ….

Suddenly, I'm in Race's arms as he lays me back on our bed and gently caresses my breasts …. I fully sense what he's doing to me. But I'm also still somehow connected to Sis, who is yet being pleasured by Ginger, and I sense her ecstasy, too. Race pulls my nightie over my head and kisses my nipples before starting to suck on them.

I'm still aroused from my initial connection to Sis, and he wastes no time in moving his hands to my suddenly available, very wet and desperate womanhood – just as Ginger starts pushing a dildo into Sis. Race's pulsing, hot manhood simultaneously enters me, and he starts pushing in and pulling out in the same slow rhythm as Ginger is using on Sis.

We both are moaning in a strange synchronized erotic dance and begging our lovers to keep it up—both of us frantically bucking up to meet them in tandem thrusts. We finally orgasm together, and I somehow release a huge amount of my red magic into our constant two-way magic stream. It rapidly dissipates into her body and multiplies her orgasm a thousand-fold. At the same time, Sis releases a high level of white healing magic into me, and multiple rolling orgasms explode in me as I feel her healing magic saturate my body.

I scream in a mixture of pure ecstasy, intense agony, and unmitigated terror as our magic streams swirl and mix in an unfettered flow through our now wide-open pipeline … and the world goes pitch black as the whole house shakes.

 


 

Lexi? Hon, are you there? You need to wake up, Love!

I moan. My head hurts and my body aches … I generally don't feel at all like myself. I open my eyes and grimace at the sunlight streaming through the window, blinding me with its bright white light. Sis is silhouetted against the light, at the foot of my bed, and Ginger is standing right behind her. I shade my eyes in an attempt to alleviate the pain in my head.

"How long was I out?" It had to have been several hours, since it's obviously very bright outside.

A growling comes from outside the door and Race storms in. "You were out for two days, and you're damned lucky you didn't kill all of us with that stunt. What part of not engaging in healing activities, or using your red magic over the weekend did you not understand? You created a level two earthquake!"

I bolt up into a sitting position and glower at him. "I have no idea what you're talking about 'Your High and Mightiness.'" I put air quotes around his "title." "I was simply trying to get some sleep and you hijacked me in my dreams. That's not on me!"

He snorts.

But Ginger breaks in before he can retort. "Look here, now! None of us know how it happened, but Lexi, your connection to your sister is now wide open and there is a dangerous amount of magic flowing between the two of you. Neither she nor His Highness can stem the flow. Can you? You really did create an earthquake … nothing disastrous happened, but we don't need another."

I pale, then sigh as I draw my knees up to me. I rest my forehead on my knees and concentrate on the raw flow of energy that I can now easily sense. I picture tightening down on a valve, similar to what I do when I shut off my mental link to Sis or Race. I feel the amount of energy start ebbing, and after a minute it's down to a trickle. But no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to fully shut it off.

Race nods seemingly satisfied.

Sis and Ginger just stare at me.

"What?" I shrug. "I can't shut it all the way off but the flow's down to where it was before … maybe even less."

Sis shakes her head. "Look at how you're sitting, Hon."

I notice for the first time that I had drawn my knees into my chest and gasp. "How? What …?"

Sis comes over and lays her hands on me, muttering more to herself than anyone else. "I'm just going to probe a little; don't worry." After a minute, she removes them and licks her lips. "Well, Sis. Your spine is completely healed. The metal is still there, kind of encasing your spine. But it's no longer impinging on the nerves. Your muscles have mostly recovered from their atrophy. There's no real reason for you not to get out of that bed and walk."

I anxiously start to move, and Ginger holds up her hands. "Hold on there, Love! You haven't walked in years! Your spine may be good, and your muscle mass may be good, but your muscle memory likely not so much. You need to take it slow. You're going to have to basically relearn how to walk. The healing magic can't fix that!"

Sis sighs. "And you should also know that whatever caused your body to heal seems to have also triggered our final age spurts … and completely transformed you into a fully functioning woman in her mid-twenties. Not only will you have to relearn the muscle function part of walking, but since it will be as a mature young woman, it will be … different than how you walked as a boy. Your weight is distributed differently, and you have different parts … or lack, thereof. So, whatever you can remember of walking won't work the same."

Race growls. "I have to get back to the office. Once you're all settled, tomorrow … or however long that takes, please come to the War Room. Things are getting worse, and we need to start strategizing on how to counter the dinosaur threat. We … I … need you, Lexi." He leaves the room without another word and before any of us can respond.

Momma J rushes in as he is leaving. "Lexi? You're awake? Oh! Thank the Goddess! I got back here as quickly as I could." She's holding a tray of coffees from the local coffee shop. "I brought a cup back for Race, but I guess he won't need it, so here you go, Love!" She hands me the steaming cup with a relieved smile.

I move my legs and Momma gasps, but I smile and take the proffered coffee. "It seems that whatever happened has left me with the use of my legs … but also a fully female body." I sigh. "And needs from Race that I can't even begin to explain." I screw up my face. "Does this mean I'll have … a period? Ewww!"

Ginger laughs. "You don't have to explain them to us, Hon! Take your time and sip on that coffee, then we'll see about getting you 'settled' on those legs, as His Highness put it. And, yes. I'm afraid you'll have to get acquainted with pads and tampons."

I groan and take a few sips of the coffee while I take inventory of my faculties. I can fully move my legs, but know that I won't be able to just get up and walk like nothing ever happened … I just don't have that level of control over them, anymore.

I surreptitiously let my left hand slide under the covers and between my legs. Sure enough, I have to stifle a gasp as I rub across my damp panties and feel my new, very eager womanhood. It's weird, since it feels like the familiar "friend" from my dreams, but I've never really possessed the working parts before to actually feel what I'm now feeling so they shouldn't be familiar to me, at all. Completely confused by my own thoughts, I take another sip of coffee to divert my attention from my sudden desire to explore more … and the need to elicit a body-shaking orgasm like in my dreams.

Oh, don't worry, Sis! I can tell His Highness is caving. You'll complete your bond, soon enough. I'm sure of it! Then you can have non-stop sex with him. She winks and smiles at the sour face I make. "Ready to try a few steps?"

I take a deep breath and explosively blow it out. "I guess. It's not like I haven't been dreaming of this moment for years, now!"

That's not all you've been dreaming about!

I give Sis a dark look and set my half-empty cup of coffee on the nightstand beside me. I slowly swing my legs out from under the covers and over the side of the bed. My feet easily touch the floor, which is another testament to the fact that I've "matured" and that my body has grown as part of that process. A couple of weeks ago, I would have been too short to reach the floor. I wiggle my toes as I look down at them and grin. I may have paid the price of turning into a woman to be able to do this, and I hope it's ultimately worth that price, but … for now … it's pretty effing awesome!

Ginger and Sis each put one of my arms over their shoulders, supporting me between them, and help me slowly stand up. There is just enough strength in my legs to stand without too much assistance, but my muscles will need a lot of work and toning to be back to fully developed. I slowly move my right leg forward and put my weight on it, trying to find my balance, then repeat with my left. We move across the room that way, at a glacial pace. But I make it! Then we move into the living room, where they help me sit on the couch. I'm drenched in sweat when we finally get there.

"Wow! That took a lot out of me." I shake my head. "I thought the magic would have left me in better shape."

Ginger scowls at me. "Lexi! Last night, your legs were withered and useless. Today, they're muscled and working. Give the magic a break! It healed your back and muscles—it's not going to replace discipline and a good series of workouts. We'll get them back in shape with exercise, yoga, and ballet … plus, I'm sure you'll be getting more than your share of battle training, now that you're back on your feet!"

Momma J gasps. "He … she just got out of that chair. Surely that can wait!"

Sis shakes her head sadly. "I'm afraid we're all going to have to step up in ways that we would rather not have to. Which reminds me, Momma. I would like to offer you a wolf, if you would accept her. I know it will be weird with me being your queen and alpha, after you took me in as your child, but our pack would certainly be very lucky and eternally grateful to have you!"

I choke. "Wait! You want to turn Momma into a shifter?" My tone turns bitter. "How is that any better than what the dragons are doing in China?"

"Listen here, little sister!" Ginger scowls at me with a low, feral growl. "The gift of a wolf is never given lightly. It's an honor and your sister would have made the offer independently of the current bind we're in with China. But your momma is in no way being forced or coerced into accepting the gift."

She's right, Sis. I know you don't get it. I wouldn't have either before Kamorkis honored me with my wolf. But it is a true honor. Do you really think I would disrespect our Momma? Look me in the eye and tell me that, if you do! Her anger and sadness clearly come across our link.

I sigh. "I'm sorry. I really am! But this whole mess with Race … being bonded against my will. The dinosaurs. Shifters, in general. It's so maddening. I just want Momma to know … to fully understand … what she would be agreeing to. Assuming that she's even considering any of it."

"I appreciate that, Hon." Momma nods. "I've seen the mess it's made of you. I've also seen the positive change it's made in your sister … both your sisters. I don't think Sarah would offer me anything that she didn't truly stand behind—or feel was in my best interest. And yes, it's very weird to think that just a few days ago you were my thirteen-year-old daughter, Sarah … and now you could be my grown-up queen. I can relate enough to the concept of 'queen' to just begin to fathom what that means. However, I have no idea whatsoever how to process what it means for you to be my 'alpha.' All of that aside … yes, I will accept your gift and do my part to strengthen your … our … pack … and hopefully also be able to help out the world, as a whole, in the process."

Sis smiles wanly in relief. "Thank you, Momma. We'll complete the ceremony tonight, then … under the full moon. Kamorkis has promised to come give you her blessing, as well."

 


 

I'm deep in thought, as I sit in my wheelchair under a large weeping willow next to the wide tranquil river. I'm in my red dress and made up to the nines after Ginger spent the afternoon making me practice putting on my makeup. I thought Sis … Sarah … was a taskmaster when it came to that. Well, she may be the queen of wolves and 'primary' alpha of her pack, but she has nothing on Ginger … my other Sis … when it comes to supervising cosmetics or hair. Anything less than absolute perfection is completely unacceptable in her eyes.

I'm in my chair, because I literally wore my legs out practicing walking, in between makeup sessions. There's not an ounce of strength left in them, but they have a satisfying burn to them … like after an intense workout. I know I will get there, soon enough.

I'm in deep thought, because my sisters, Momma, and I are here by the river, in the middle of the woods, waiting on the sun to go down and for the full moon to rise. All so that Momma can "receive her wolf." I'm still very much on the fence about how I feel about that.

I sigh as the scorching wind blows and lifts the edge of the skirt on my dress. I hold it down, but not before the hot air whips around under it and gives me a sensation that is completely foreign to me … air under my skirt, blowing on my extremely damp panties. My connection to Race, and the desires that come with it, seem to keep them perpetually … moist.

I shake my head and look at Momma talking to my sisters in the clearing by the water. The bright-red disk of the setting sun is just disappearing behind the trees and reflecting beautifully on the water. It won't be long until it's dark and the moon will rise. Then Momma won't ever be the same again.

It really is a gift, you know? I know you don't trust me … any of us Gods or Goddesses. I suppose I can't blame you, Lexi. But this is their destiny … for all three of them.

I look around. I know that voice in my head. "Kamorkis?"

I'm here child. I will show myself shortly. I need you to support your family … and your mother's choice. She will be a strong beta female for the pack … and will ultimately bond and mate with a strong beta male. She will finally be able to have pups. You're aware that she ultimately chose adoption because she has been unable to have children? It has also been her excuse to not marry. She can be happy. Can you be happy for her?

I gasp at the revelation. No. I had no idea. But she doesn't know that part, right? That she will have a fated mate, against her will or control, and will wind up hopelessly bonded with him? What if she doesn't like him?

Kamorkis laughs in my mind. It sounds like tubular bells chiming in my head. Oh, Lexi. That's not how it works. Even you and Race will eventually come to your senses. It is a very rare occurrence that fated mates reject one another. The very definition of mates that are fated to be together … is that they are soul mates.

I sigh and watch the full moon brighten in the sky. I don't know about that, Kamorkis. But I will support Momma's decision. Especially if you are not lying and it will result in her being happy. But also know, if you wind up hurting her through this, I will find a way to avenge her.

More tubular bells chime in my mind as I'm blinded by her bright white light. "Duly noted, young one! I would expect nothing less of the strongest female warrior to grace this Earth in millennia. Now, if you'll excuse me for a minute, with Frigg's blessing, your Momma is waiting for her wolf ... and another unexpected gift; her magic."

By the time the spots have finally disappeared from my eyes, after her blinding assault on them, Kamorkis has joined the others, and Momma is on her knees in front of them. Sis lays her hands on Momma's shoulders and Ginger stands off to the side. Kamorkis stands behind Momma and places her folded hands on Momma's head. There is another blinding light and Momma is gone, replaced by a bright red wolf, the color of her signature bright red hair.

I watch in fascination as Sis and Ginger transform into their wolves. What surprises me most, however, is that Sis is easily twice as big as the already huge Ginger and Momma … and she is glowing in bright hot pink. All three take off into the woods with a chilling howl and Kamorkis strolls back over to the tree where I'm sitting.

"Your momma will make a perfect beta, especially with her released magic. Her non-magical aptitude for psychological nurturing comes directly from her previously latent magic. It was stuck and simply needed a slight nudge. She'll be a very strong mental healer."

I shake my head. So, she's not only going to have her life upended by an internal wolf, but also white magic. I sigh and hold my tongue on that. "Why is Sis so much bigger than Ginger and Momma? And what's with the hot pink glow?"

"Sarah's size and glowing pink aura are thanks to you infusing her with vast amounts of red magic. It mixed with her powerful white magic to enhance her size and tint her color. She can't produce red magic, like you, but it's now a permanent part of her, thanks to your symbiotic magic stream. The same as her white magic is now a part of you. Having the direct protection of red magic is something that has never happened in any wolf line. I told you that you two were destined to be an integral part of what happens on this world."

I shake my head. "And what does having her white magic mixed with mine mean for me?"

Kamorkis grins. "That is something that I will let my dear friend Otohime explain. Farewell, for now, Princess Lexi."

She disappears in a bright flash of white light at the same time another bright flash of red light appears, creating a brilliant glowing orb of hot pink—the same color as Sis' aura.

"Good evening, Alexa. I am Otohime, daughter of Ryujin, Dragon King, and grandmother of Japan's first Emperor. I am your Dragon Goddess, the same as Kamorkis is both your sisters' and your mother's Moon Goddess. You may bow to me."

I laugh. "First, I don't do the bowing thing. Second, I don't have the energy or control to get out of this chair without help, so I couldn't bow to you even if I wanted to!"

Otohime gives me a shrewd grin. "I see that Kamorkis' assessment of you is correct. You will be a force to be reckoned with, once you come into your full power … and accept your Dragon."

"What?" I nearly explode. "No way! I don't want a dragon … or a wolf, bear, panther, lion, dinosaur, or any other non-human entity! I'm fine just being me!" I'm so furious, I rise up out of my chair on shaky legs.

"That's my girl! Use that anger and get up out of that infernal chair! You don't need it! You will work hard and get in shape. You will embrace the time-honored disciplines of Taiichi, yoga and dance to strengthen your balance. You will also embrace the martial arts to strengthen your combat skills. When you are ready, I will return and you will accept your Dragon, Princess Alexa."

I'm shaking with fury. "Why should I listen to you? And why are you calling me a princess? I may not be up to your standards, but I've never taken anything for granted."

She smiles a feral smile. "You will do as I say, because I tell you to. I am your Goddess, after all. I call you 'Princess,' not because you are soft or take things for granted, but because I am your too many 'greats' to count grandmother. You are a direct descendent of the Dragon King's line … and a true princess, in her own right. You have been chosen as the next Dragon Empress. It is why you are bound to Race Cannon, the direct descendent of a different royal Dragon line. You and the prince will merge two important lines and not only save this world, but countless others. But you yet have much to learn and accomplish before that can happen."

I shake my head. "No…"

She flicks her hand and my chair flies out from behind me and disappears into the depths of the river. She snaps her fingers and there's an intense burning on my back. Not like the metal mass in it, but like my skin is on fire. I break out in a cold sweat as I fall to my knees. "Don't argue with your elders, Lexi. You will fulfil your destiny. I will return when you are ready. Your family, including your mate, will help prepare you. Kamorkis has provided them with resources and contacts."

She disappears in another bright red flash, and I'm left alone by the river. The burning sensation in my back is gone, but it's been replaced by the strangest feeling of something crawling in my skin … like a thousand tiny ants. I reach behind me and pull the zipper down on the back of my dress. I crane my neck and look over my shoulder … and gasp. In the bright light of the full moon, a portion of a large red dragon is clearly tattooed on my back … and it's moving around, like it's alive. I shake my head … it must be some illusion created by the shadows of the moonlight shining through tress onto the river and reflecting on my back. But moving or not, I still have a fucking tattoo on my back … of a dragon!

I feel faint … and sick … but I refuse to pass out. I have no idea how long it will be before my sisters and Momma will be back, and my chair is gone. Somehow, I have to get back to the car. I manage to pull the zipper back up and shiver at the strange sensation crawling on my back. I do as Otohime had commanded … not because she commanded it, but because it's all I can do. I gather my anger at the whole situation … and use it to start walking.

up
249 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Being a chosen one

Wendy Jean's picture

Is not much fun if you are the one.

So true!

HUGS!
S

It's worse...

...doing the choosing and even worse being the one to set the criteria for the choosing.

Many are called, few are chosen.
Fewer still do the choosing.
Fewest of all set the criteria for the choosing.

Gumby - I'm flexible

"Imagination is more important, than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
new discoveries, is not ‘Eureka!’, but ‘that’s funny…’” - Isaac Asimov

And harder yet ...

When you have no choice in being chosen to do the choosing. :)

HUGS!
S

but what about

Snarfles's picture

having no choice in being the chooser who chooses the criteria setter's choosing of the chosen? After all, if you want to start something, you have no choice but to take that first step.

Exactly!

:)

HUGS!
S

I'm glad it's becoming clearer!

It should continue to become clearer with the next chapter (and book)!

HUGS!
S

Telling a Goddess NO!

BarbieLee's picture

The Princess has an obstinate streak where no one, and that includes a Goddess, telling her what is expected of her. For some reason this might be good in some instances but other times it would be better to rein in the stubborn streak and go along.
Hugs Shauna

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Agree to disagree!

With a Goddess that is! :D

Thanks Barb. Lexi will learn ... or maybe a Goddess will? ;)

HUGS,
Shauna

Very Intense!

I’m with Lexi on this one. Just leave me be and find someone else to save the dang universe! Well done!

Thanks! I appreciate the kudos!

Next chapter ends this book, but it is already continuing on Patreon with Book 2! :)

HUGS!
S

An intresting chapter

Samantha Heart's picture

Now we know HOW Lexi got the dragon tattoo on her back that is on the cover of this very intresting book. As for Lexi accepting her dragon from her goddess & her being the next empress its a HUGE pill to swallow, but for Lexi's legs I do beleave they WILL get stronger in no time.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Thanks!

I'm glad you liked the chapter!

HUGS!
S