Supergirl: The Meaning of Power Ch:1

Printer-friendly version

Supergirl: The Meaning of Power


Chapter One - Super Powerful

Atop the penthouse offices at Lexcorp.

"Bombs, again? It's like you didn't even put the effort in this time." A chipper voice says.
“Lex when are you going to give up and do something better with your life. Something truly meaningful and good.” It was the same old song and dance from Supergirl, Kara Zor-El.

"Well, it seems I've become predictable in my *cough* malaise. Perhaps its time to throw in the towel." Lex Luthor coolly sits at his desk in the vast penthouse suite talking to his flying foe through the crystal clear window.

Supergirl huffs a bit of hot air on the glass and draws a frowny face in the beaded up steam. Lex presses a button and invites her in, almost beckoning her.

Floating down to the glossy black floor, Kara marvels at the office. "Huh, I don't think I've actually been in here yet usually its Cl--Superman who does the face-to-face." She stands opposing his vision across his desk, as if she was a client invited in for a typical meeting. Lex almost chuckles at the small comedy in the coincidence, but it translates as a pursed irritation.

"A welcome surprise to be sure." Luthor tosses out a snakelike grin with uncaring eyes. "Where is the annoyance today, is he too good to see me?" He barbs. "Sent the understudy instead."

"Superman is following up on the collateral damage it took to remove your explosives safely. I can't imagine what they would have done to The Slums if any actually would have gone off." Kara says, like a cute puppy giving a snarl. "I opted to come here and talk you out of this crap. Frankly, I'm tired of it. And you are so much better than this kind of thing." She folds her arms in a way Lex found smug.

“Believe me Supergirl I plan on reforming. Very soon in fact.” Luthor paused dramatically “but I’m afraid neither of us will survive it.”

“What do you mean?” Supergirl said, tilting her head a bit to the side.
His tone was off. All this talk from behind his office desk?

“I mean, there’s no time like the present.” Lex immediately shot Supergirl with a green beam from his wrist. A hidden form of the power suit folds out from the table, catching the Kryptonian Wonder off guard. As the ray hit her, Kara recoils in shock. This was different; the thought just repeated through Kara’s mind, she never confronted energy like this. It tore through her stomach like an unmatched flame, burning and liquefying as it spread.

Luthor stood, looming in full war armor. An automated effect brought on by firing his weapon. Lex presses a few strokes on his glove, and behind him the city of Metropolis is hit with a handful of EMPs planted in as Plan B distractions for the throwaway bomb sleight of hand.

“Recently, Supergirl, I’ve had a breakthrough of sorts. All the years of spiteful venom cast at you and …him. All of the time wasted on such differences. The manpower. The xenophobia. The billions thrown down the drain for technological achievements… only to end up nothing more than crumpled lawn sculptures.”

“Frankly it’s embarrassing.” He shrugs.

As he monologues Supergirl starts deflating like a balloon.

“I even tried my hand at a cure. To roll back time. Remove those ever reaching spider webs clung ‘round my eyes. No luck.”
Luthor lets out a small chuckle that has a bubbled cough inside it.

“Then I thought, ‘Lex the therapist said to forgive yourself. And forgive *cough*…him. To look in that perfect face framed by that ludicrous cape and admit defeat. Become lesser than the superman.’ But my therapist could never imagine the possibilities of equaling the alien. Matching the …godhood. Dr. Mitchell just isn’t that creative.”

Kara was withering away, her legs puddling across the pavement. She was in a broken crawl pose, squeezed like a half-emptied toothpaste.
“Clark. Clark please help. He’s…he’s done something to m—“

“The next formula would be super, indeed.”

Suddenly, the power suit begins to condense to reveal a black business suit.
Lex walks towards Kara’s deflated body, hovering his now gloveless hand over her left cheek. Taunting the willingness to pet her. “Not quite. I am getting a bit eager though.”
He coughs noticeably harder. Blood stains his suit cuffs.

“My super formula has ruined me. I didn’t account for the decade plus of kryptonite exposure my cells had already received and how that would react to being dosed in this new power. Essentially I gave myself the ultimate speedball, Kara Zor-El. And got a super cancer for my troubles.”

Supergirl is now a pure deflated mush, her suit, cape, and boots surrounded by flesh colored goo.

“That’s why you are so valuable, my dear. Together, we will be better. I want to change. And with you as my matrix, my guiding light, so much can be achieved for the world. Forgive me.” Lex knelt down and embedded his right hand into the former Supergirl’s essence. His face was somber, like a hunter capturing its seasonal prey. This was for survival, not for enjoyment. He needed to show the world the power of his will to succeed.

Standing up and wading into the rest of her, Luthor watched as his legs turned into exact copies of Supergirl. He flexed the spasming legs, holding them taught for a long interval and they changed slightly—now adapting some added length and thickness from Lex’s own legs onto the Supergirl form.

Looking down at the changing right hand showed similar results. It was Kara’s hand and forearm on Lex’s body. But slightly more muscular as Lex painfully feels his mass adjust to the shift. Compressing itself was only an option to a point, it seemed. It reflected outward as a sharper form, one taller and stronger.

He placed a hand on his newly feminine leg. Quietly admiring how much softer Kara's skin felt compared to his own; soft yet strong, elastic steel. The remainder of Supergirl glommed onto Luthor, a sort of magnetism as he has disturbed the biomass thus far. Tearing away at his thousand-dollar suit down to the skin.

He pulled his hands back out of natural instinct, the sharp burning electricity only intensified. Bits halved themselves on his torso and thighs, the change moving faster. Ball bearings under the skin. Kara was everywhere now. Her chest pressed outward from Lex, the skin holding tight against the rapid fit of shakes. More. A drumming thought overwhelming the previous solemn mentality. The strength and power were coming in waves through the tremors. Little breasts bubble up, firm from intense pressure. Luthor’s remaining arm follows suit, encased in its muscled and feminine bond.

It was getting easier to move, the setting sun still giving off its rays that sent a hum of charge through the evolving Supergirl, the rejection was slowing. Feminine hands massage the weight on her ailing chest, alleviating the painful, burning maturation spasms. Each breast gushes out in volume, responding eagerly under Lex's deep body sculpt, as a pair of voluptuous melon-sized globes. Yes.

Pulling and shifting upwards, her buttocks appeared over Luthor’s own, the lower thigh bioessence pushing to meet the abdomen. Lex put her hands back to try and massage her rear spasms. Again, customizing the woman-to-be. Her own extra mass was sprouting downward, resting largely in the buttocks. Firmer, tighter, and the size of two volleyballs—the new ass emerged. And in between her legs, Lex’s penis had disappeared the moment Kara's vagina pressed up against the space between those legs. Lex contemplated reaching down to touch the vagina but decided against it for the time being.

The figure was all but complete; everything from the neck down was a newly-minted Supergirl. One matured to full womanhood – standing a surprising 5’11”.

Lex motioned both hands around her neck, lightly choking herself in grabbing the finishing touches of the goo. After taking a deep breath. Her hands slid up and around the face of Lex Luthor in a slow and sensual way, wrapping behind the domed head, to allow Kara Zor-El's features to drip down as they took a snug hold.
Golden hair drapes down below her neckline.

“This is going to get taking use to,” The billionaire joked about the curls still in the deepened tone. When she moved the second skin Kara became tightens and massages her still-human sublayer. Alone and behind her old desk, inscribed to Lex Luthor, the new woman chimed the intercom. “Mercy, get in here and bring the new serum suit.”
She staggers back from the desk as her face flares with sensation.

She felt her new nose press into place, lightly rubbing her soft lips as they too bubbled up some. Her fingers slipped into her mouth absentmindedly and Lex moaned but by the end of the fit, it was Kara’s voice who said “Excuse me.”

Her face was nearly as angular as Kara formerly had been, but now just a touch sharper with a hint of danger. A slight sag vanished from the loose eyelids and ears as the last bits settle into place. Supergirl's otherworldly blue eyes take over. Within seconds Kara's face stopped feeling like a mask pressed to this second skin and instead felt like it was Luthor’s own face. The entirety of this new form clenches inward one last time, solidifying. The possession was a success and gave Lex a wicked high.

She dressed. Red skirt and boots on, but the blue top sat bunched below her massive cleavage still bearing the House of El ‘S Shield’. Peering down, she gave her breasts a few cups and squeezes, smiling slyly.

Losing twenty some years in exchange for this immortality, even the opportunity to truly attempt a friendship with him. "A Man among Men, now I stand Goddess amongst ants." Luthor cackles.

Still. No baggage of the names and history.

Never had I tried running from my problems before. Hah.
Lex Luthor, fulfilled. At peace in divinity.

Oh god.

She felt it.

Everything.

The satisfaction of the plan finally working is jettisoned. More. Something was pushing into the corners of Lex's mind, swallowing fragments of short term memory. The new visions cascaded into view. She could see what they saw. The vast spectrum of it all.

Oh my god what have I done.

Her body felt amazing surges of strength a hundredfold from earlier. Heat. Power.
Cosmic dreams of escaping a dying world, losing and gaining families across the stars. My..life?
It’s too much. Too fast.

Her golden locks adopt a redder and more strawberry hue. The matrix was doing far more than intended and begun a greater fusion. Lex's own green irises bubble up. "N-nn.. supposed to...suit. Skin. Just."

Lex laughed in a strained mania that quickly turned to tears. His brain was on fire. Something horrible was happening, every memory colliding, an attack on her mind:
A lonely childhood with an abusive father. Growing up a farm girl cheerleader turned college reporter. Friends. Science. Narcissism. Lexcorp.
Paradise Island. Fight it, this isn't you Love. Mercy Graves. Flying. Lena Luthor. Confidence. Barbara Gordon. Business. Hatred. Compassion. National City. Metropolis.

“Superman.”

“Clark Kent."

Oh.

Colliding, Luthor’s with Supergirl’s, as the possessed protoplasmic Kara primes his mind with a deeper access to her own, giving the 12th level intellect new facets from beyond the stars.
An invitation to Empathy, at the cost of rewriting the billionaire beneath.

With a violent rejection, Lex's wills off permanent fusion. This was not going to be the end. The strawberry hair reverts to the luscious blonde. Amidst the silence, all that was left was Kara's pretty face aged to somewhere in her late 20s. Lex opened her returned crystalline blue eyes and was amazed by the stillness. She repeats aloud, "Clark. Kent. Hrrmm"

The double doors to Luthor’s office open in unison. Mercy Graves, clad in a black leather dress turned chauffeur’s bodysuit and matching booties, walks in with a white bit of clothing slunk over one arm.
“Here is the Cadmus solar s—“ she pauses noticing Supergirl in the room and a distinct lack of her boss.
“Alright bitch. Where’s Lex?”
Mercy’s fast. Gun drawn on Supergirl—one that looks like it’s out of 60s sci-fi.

“Hello, my dear Mercy.” Supergirl says in a way that both feels threatening and endearing. Overly earnest.

“Cute. You bothered to learn my name. Answer the damn question.”

Mercy looked down the barrel of her weapon right into the eyes of Supergirl.
“I’m right here. And yet, I’m not.” Supergirl whispers in a jokey ‘faux valley girl’ tone.

“I want to do so much more for the world. Death be damned. The public deserves a disarmed Justice League, inside Superman’s good graces is the way to do it. And no one even trusts a Luthor.”

Mercy’s eyes widen. She takes a long look at the white solar suit infused with little super serum nodes. It’s not tailored for a man.

“In the coming weeks, Lex Luthor will officially be dead. Some sap given far too adept of surgery or perhaps a shapeshifter will do. I haven’t decided on which of the many options to use. My mind is so much faster now Mercy. It’s stunning.” The mental pangs hit again.

“Focus. Sorry.” The imposter Supergirl says rather ditzy. “We have a mole in STAR Labs, good with this subject matter. Have him install some precautions with the on-file back-ups of my neurology. It’s taking everything I have to suppress these urges.” The valley girl tone slips back in this time without Luthor intending it.

“Uh-huh...”

“When the death does happen, I beg you to keep it that way.”
Just as Supergirl says those final words her eyes flare red just for a moment.

Mercy flinches. Nods.
“Nothing changes between us.”

“No no, Mercy, so much will change. You actually are getting a promotion.” Supergirl says in a perfect female imitation of Lex Luthor’s deadpan speech pattern.
She lightly kisses Mercy on the lips, to a very off put Mercy Graves.

“Now let me try on this suit. I’m dying to see how it fits!” Her tone returns to the bubbly valley girl cadence.

- - - - -

The EMP across Metropolis released nearly all of Superman’s rogues gallery. For the better part of an hour Superman has been working alongside Superboy, Steel, Nightwing, and Booster Gold to repair the damage and capture the foes.

“Alright fellas, Parasite has finally been wrapped up. With the extra power from turning on Livewire I definitely appreciated the help.” Clark shakes hands with Steel and Booster. “I need to go check in on my cousin, can you finish up here?”

“Toyman and Atomic Skull should be a breeze, Big Blue. Pretty sure your kid can handle Skull alone these days. He’s a tough one.”

Superman laughs. “Yeah. He’s grown into the Superboy role well. Still, it takes a village.” With one final heartfelt smile and a half salute, Superman flies off to Supergirl.

- - - - -

Lexcorp Tower. Now donning an all white bodysuit that covers from neck to the swimline, the woman formerly known as Lex Luthor slings the former Supergirl’s cape over the entire look. One strand of hair falls on her face.
"Ini—"
And another.
"Mercy, initia—"

And another.
Fed up she slices off the beautiful locks down to a quick bob cut in a near imperceptible motion.
She rolls her eyes and zips up the red Supergirl boots.

“Initiate the serum cells, Mercy.”

And with that the switch is flicked, activating the injection sites all down her spine and her abdomen that have been glowing with white-hot power. The centralized heart monitor on her chest struggles to keep up.

“Oooooh that’s a kick. Mighty Rao.” She continues to moan as her power increases. Streams of electricity snap off the suit, quickly burning out the cells, the heart monitor blowing a decent hole in the suit. But the result was enough.

“You good…uh…Lex?” Mercy is a little disgusted and skittish.

“At this point I have to be stronger than Superman.” she muses as energy crackles between her fingers “And don’t call me that. No slip ups. This entire plan must remain flawless.”

“What am I supposed to call you then?”

A long pause.

“Karen is fine. A nice compromise of Kara Zor-El’s legacy.” The new Maid of Might chuckles menacingly to herself.

“You’re definitely a Karen.” Mercy mutters.

“Karen Starr. Yeah... that's the woman I am. A Pow—”

FWAM. The closed windows of Luthor’s penthouse are broken in.
“Luthor!” Superman calls from outside, prying away the heavy metal sheeting on the windows.
“Supergirl sorry I'm late—" he trails off "Who are—Kara? What happened to you? You look..ah…older?”

Superman looks out to see Kara’s usual blue super suit and red skirt in tatters on the floor. Numerous markings of a battle, indents on the wall, burn marks on the floor and furniture. At the center of the room a compacted green power armor resting on the large double L crest, half-spilling out of its folding variation.

Mercy Graves nowhere to be seen, just Supergirl in a foreign white outfit and her traditional red accents with the boots and cape.

Quickly thinking, the new Karen Starr puts together a story.

“I was battling Lex when he unleashed his ultimate weapon. Some..uh..vortex machine. We were battling throughout time. Throughout Hypertime. It was a whole thing, Clark. There were even superpowered Luthors who teamed up. Legion of Doom betraying truces with twisted variants of the New Gods. I was there for so long. But he’s gone. I think he’s really gone.” She tries to sell it, but comes off like a panicked actor blind reading a script.

“Sounds like I got the short end of the stick with just the Metropolis breakouts. You had a hell of a day.” Clark tries to smile through his concern. “You sure you’re okay?” He lightly touches his cousin's shoulder for support, Lex/Karen recoils immediately.

A final wave of migraines hit. She staggered sideways holding her head, even bumping into Luthor's power armor by accident. Crushing it. Settling herself down, she readjusted her suit and cape back to covering her body. Luthor is having trouble working down the voice of Kara in his head, making everything his Karen disguise says less dishonest than it should be. Her tone is bouncing around from 'Used Car Salesman' to 'Sorority Girl'. Lex is doing whatever it takes to reign in the internal chaos and still convincingly sell this talk.

“I’m…I’m different. You're right. I think its time to give Kara Danvers a rest. I can’t go back to campus reporting looking nearly ten years older. Or hide away on Kent farm. After all this war and horror, I'm taking time off. I need to truly rediscover myself. And who knows, this company needs guidance. Maybe I can finally make something good come out of Lexcorp by getting a job here, change it from the inside?"

“Kara, I feel like I’m missing something here. Lexcorp?”

“I’m a big girl now, Superman. A Power Girl. I’ve grown beyond all I thought possible in such a strange amount of time. For Kara, I—" she begins to tear up "I thank her for the opportunity to find myself, my human self as Karen Starr. A fresh start. And, who knows, she could be a super savvy business lady. In time."

“We still need to talk about school, Pa didn't raise quitters and..." Superman sighs, just oozing empathy for his clearly fraught family. "But alright, Kar...en. I’ll notify the League on the changes. We can shoot over the The Fortress, get out of that gear and fix your costume—.”

“No. I kind of like it this way.”

"Well, the Watchtower then. Log the Crisis event and just have you make your own announcement. Sound good?"

As Superman and Power Girl leave, she looks to a corner camera in the office and mouths "Get Hamilton. Star Labs." Then gives the slightest of nods. So far so good.

- - - - -

End of Part 1

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos