Living a life less ordinary Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 9

Bee drove the car into an underground car park for an apartment block. I had to wait for her to release me before I could start helping her gather all our shopping. We then had an elevator ride to her one-bedroom apartment. I was asked to sit quietly while she sorted out her bedroom, so I sat on the sofa and pulled out my kindle.

After Bee had cleared out a space in her wardrobe, I helped her take my bags through and put it away. Between us, we chose an outfit for tomorrow and put that aside. It was a combination of leggings with a separate skirt, sandals for my feet, a light purple T-shirt and a cardigan. Then Bee readied a bath for me. I think she was nervous about being involved in the bathing process with an eight-year-old girl as she explained how to wash my hair and body with her supplies and asked if I needed any help.

I thought I would be fine but had to call out when I struggled with my tangled hair. Bee came in, put more conditioner in my hair and used a different brush to get the knots out as gently as possible. I then asked her to wash my back. The bathwater was really dirty by the time I had finished, so Bee suggested I have a quick shower to wash off and rinse my hair. It felt great to be clean again and put on clean clothes.

It was late afternoon by that point so I put on my new nightie and helped Bee make and eat macaroni cheese with a small salad. We watched a bit of TV together and then it was time for bed. Bee had wanted to put me on the sofa to sleep, however, she had looked up what time I should be going to bed, which she decided was 8 pm, and in a one-bed apartment, if I slept on the sofa Bee would be pretty much confined to her bedroom for most of the evening. Bee's bed was queen-sized so she asked if I was comfortable sleeping on one side of it, if she was sleeping on the other. I didn't have a problem with it and didn't really understand why it could be a problem. Bee set it up so that we had separate blankets and put a line of pillows between us. She said it was because she tended to toss and turn and she didn't want to wake me.

I was unbelievably tired by that point, struggling to keep my eyes open. I think I fell asleep before she had completed organising the bed. When I woke up, Bee was still asleep. I sat up as quietly as possible and focussed on Bee. I imagined her pelvis and hips changing their shape and angles to a more female version and then concentrated on imagining her with ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus leading to a vagina with the vagina being blocked by skin at the opening. I gave the skin covering a few mini holes so that any fluids could come out.

When I had been working on that young girl to recreate her hymen, there was a period of about a week where the whole area was a bit bloody. Of course, I wanted to know what was going on. They told me that she was fine, it was just something that happened with girls. I didn't know if that would happen with Bee, but if it did, I wanted the blood to be able to get out.

I then got up and crept around the bed to stare at Bee's face. Already there was the beginnings of a shadow on her face, so I imagined the face to be smooth and hair-free, with a softened jaw, a slightly more delicate nose and feminine cheekbones. Nothing major, just subtle changes. I wasn't always going to wake up before her, so I decided I would attempt to do my focussing whenever the opportunity arose. I was also wondering that if I did it several times a day, I might speed up the process and since I wasn't sure how long I was going to be staying with Bee, I wanted it to work as fast as possible. We had done this experiment before in New York and it hadn't changed the time, but I was hoping this would be different because this time I cared.

After a quick trip to the bathroom, I started my yoga routine. I was trying to do as few things as possible that were the same things that David did, but I didn't want to give up my yoga. I thought enough people did yoga that it wouldn't give me away.

I was halfway through my routine when I heard the clock alarm go off in the bedroom. Bee went past me to go to the bathroom and then watched me for a bit, before going back into the bathroom to have a shower. Then we had to hustle to get to the film location as quickly as possible. After we had arrived we had to visit security to get me a visitor's badge and then we went to the cafeteria for breakfast.

We moved to a distant table and Bee asked if I was alright to stay there until she could sort something out. If anyone asked I was Rose Turing, Brian Turing's niece, visiting because I had some problems at home. Bee told me her official job title was Assistant to the Producer. So if I needed help, ask to be directed to her.

Everything started off well enough. I was quiet as a mouse, reading my kindle and not disturbing anybody. Then this security guy sat down opposite me. I put my kindle down to be polite and looked up at him questioningly.

“Err... Miss. How old are you?” he asked me.

“My name is Rose. I am eight years old,” I replied.

“Hi, Rose. I'm Robert. Who is supposed to be looking after you?”

“The Assistant Producer, Bee Turing,” I responded.

“And where is she?” he asked.

It was at this point that I started to get nervous. I had obviously done something wrong although I couldn't work out what it was. The conversation, as gentle and nice as he was being, made me feel that I was in trouble. He asked where Bee was and he called her a she. That was supposed to be a secret.

“Am I in trouble?” I asked him. “I haven't done anything, I have been a good girl.” I could feel tears welling up.

“No, no. You're not in any trouble,” he said hastily. “It's just at your age you are not supposed to be on your own. Is it alright if I take you to Bee?”

“OK,” I said uncertainly, before putting my kindle in my backpack and getting up ready to follow him.

He guided me to this room that had Assistant Producer, Beatrice Slater on the front, and knocked firmly.

A pretty lady in a business suit answered the door looking curiously about.

“Hello, how can I help you?” she asked.

“Your niece was on her own in the cafeteria. It is policy that all minors are accompanied,” he explained.

Beatrice was looking bewildered, I was looking confused, but Robert was smiling happily.

“Err... thank you, err..”

“It's Robert, mam. You're welcome,” he said and turned away, clearly thinking job well done.

“Niece?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I'm Rose. Pleased to meet you. I'm Bee Turing's niece, the Assistant Producer,” I said, holding my hand forward for her to shake.

She did so very gently.

“Bee Turing. Do you mean Brian Turing, the Assistant to the Producer,” she asked.

I blushed in embarrassment. “I call him Bee,” I admitted.

“Why don't you come in.” Beatrice gestured me in. “Let me just make a phone call and I will find out where Brian is.”

“I haven't got Bee in trouble have I? Bee got permission for me to be here and I've been quiet. I've been a good girl, honest.”

She held her hand up while she spoke on the phone. I only heard her asking where Bee was and couldn't hear the response. Beatrice sighed upon hearing whatever it was.

“No. Bee,” then she giggled, “I mean Brian is not in trouble. You've got me doing it. I didn't think you could shorten Brian, but I stand corrected. Bee is often the shortened form of Beatrice, but I prefer Triss. Brian, no, I like Bee better. Bee carried breakfast to Lucia's dressing room, only she wasn't happy with it and so Bee is out getting her a suitable lunch to make up for a poor breakfast.”

“Who is Lucia?”

“Lucia is the star of the film. So, why are you with Bee?” Triss asked me. “Why are you not at school?”

I looked away from Triss feeling uncomfortable. “I have had some problems with my parents. Bee is looking after me while helping me to sort it out.”

“You poor dear. Well, the question is what do we do with you?”

“I could be a gofer?” I giggled not entirely sure whether Bee had been joking with me or not.

Triss smiled. “Would you like that?”

“I like helping people,” I answered honestly.

“OK, you will be my personal gofer. We need to keep you safe, so you mustn't stray too far. I will clear it with Brian when he comes back in.”

up
191 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I am

enjoying this story. Very good writing.

Kathleen