Dear Diary : 2007-10-10

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Wednesday, 10 October, 2007

Dear Diary
Oh, GAWD it hurts!

Mom told me to come upstairs and rest, and I did. Then I had to go throw up from the pain, and then I started writing here. Mom just stuck her head in and told me that if I don't think I can make it to the appointment in the morning, we can go to the ER tonight.

Just a sec.

Okay. She's getting ready to go, so this's gotta be short.

Today, nothing matters except the end of Gymnastics. I'm working on Uneven Bars with some of the other girls and it's a blast and I FINALLY get up in an upside-down split over the top one, and slipped.

Do I just tumble painfully to the mat and get laughed at? Nooooo...

That just wouldn't be cosmically HILARIOUS enough for Murphy. No. I fall down onto the low bar and catch it in the crotch.

The crotch that still has boyparts tucked away all hidden like.

The boyparts that NOBODY in Gymnastics knows about.

The boyparts that felt like they exploded.

I wanted to scream, but then, while it would hurt anyone, it wouldn't hurt a girl quite as much as my scream would have let them know. They'd've wanted to examine me...

I just bit it back, and kind of collapsed off the side onto the mat.

Mom came over and got me and saw the look in my eyes, I think. She told them that I had had enough for tonight anyway and we left. She grabbed my gym bag and nearly dragged me out of there by the hand. We got to the car and she pushed me in the backseat and closed the door.

I screamed.

And cried.

And then she got in the back and undid my leotard and pulled down my tights. She did something but I was out of it and whimpering and then she said I was swollen and brought me home.

Oh, there she is.

Courtney

up
65 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dear Courtney

Dear Courtney,

OUCH!!!

I hope everything goes well.

Snoops

Boy Bits

terrynaut's picture

They suck. I've had mine rattled enough to know. Ugh.

I feel for you Courtney. Wait a minute. That sounds bad but I'm leaving it because I only have the purest intentions I assure you. :)

Hugs

- Terry

That sounds worse than...

... landing on the bar of a bicycle by a long shot...

I do wonder where you're going with this now... Why does Courtney always end up in pain?

Annette

Three possible answers...

1) Coincidence?

2) I revel in causing my main characters pain that they can then overcome -- whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

3) "Life -is- pain, Princess. Anyone that says differently is selling something."

I dunno about IS, but...

... thanks for calling me princess. :-) First time anyone did that! Wait, maybe you were talking about Courtney. *sighs* Oh, well.

Pain certainly IS part of a full life. Imagine how booring it would be without ANY pain. There'd be nothing to compare the highs to.

Annette

Heh.

... every girl is a princess sometimes, and the quote is from the best movie ever made... The Princess Bride...

Princess Buttercup: You mock my pain!
The Man in Black: Life -is- pain, Princess. Anyone that says differently is selling something.