Dear Diary : 2007-09-06

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Thursday, 6 September, 2007

Dear Diary
I think Jennifer is for real. I mean, we talked all during lunch today and she told me that her sister's friends had spread some rumors about her and that they weren't true. She was telling me so that I wouldn't believe them, because I'm new and all... She wouldn't tell me why they did it though.

I know why, but I couldn't let on, now could I?

She just kept saying, "I helped my sister and her friends do something bad to someone that didn't deserve it, and when I told, they decided to make sure I didn't have any friends."

I told her that I'd be her friend, that rumors ruined me in school before. Well. It was true.

She wanted me to come over and see her Dad's horses after school, but I told her I couldn't that I had to do some extra credit in Drama since they let me in there as a Freshman. Okay, so that wasn't EXACTLY true... Mizz Ward wants me in her class every Thursday after school for "deportment" training. She wants to help me make sure I don't move like a boy. She's strict, but nifty. I did my homework while I was there, too, so I didn't have a lot of stuff to bring home.

I asked her why she was helping me so much, and she just said it wasn't important. All mysterious-like. I get the feeling that being a Drama teacher she's gonna be next to impossible to read.

She told me that all the girls in her classes were expected to at least try out for parts in all the plays... and Saturday is the first tryout. She gave me a script with a part highlighted and I think I'm gonna see if Mom and Daddy minds if Jennifer comes over to help me practice tomorrow after school.

Hmm? Oh! It's for the role of "Zaneeta" for The Music Man -- I don't expect to get the part, but I'm gonna give it my best try!

Gotta go, Daddy's taking me and Mom out to Ruby Tuesday's for salad bar!

Courtney

up
38 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dear Courtney,I'm glad to

Dear Courtney,

I'm glad to hear that Jennifer is 'for real'. having a friend to 'start' at a new school is always important. Her Dad has horses? how cool is that?! Horses are so good for therapy. I sure hope that you and Jennifer will be able to ride them, it is so much fun galloping across a field with the wind blowing in your hair.

I can't believe that Jennifer's own sister would start such nasty rumors about her. it just goes to show you how different two people from the same family can be.

I was never much of a thesbian, but I have had a lot of friends who have fun, acting out roles on stage. I'll bet it is a great outlet for your imagionation and creativity. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting the role of 'Zaneeta'

There were birds, in the sky, but I never heard them singing. No I never heard them at all, till there was you.

Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana. . .

sorry, my mother raised me on musicals. :)

I hope you get to have Jennifer over.

best wishes,

Snoops

Robert Preston is smiling at you from the great beyond

Nice musical though the film was hurt by Shirley Jones having to wear all tthe extra clothes and hide behind things to conceal her pregancy.

I remember there was this LITTLE song about a poolhall ...

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Sweet story Edeyn

P.P.S. Isn't Zeenetta the girl with the screechy high voice?

John in Wauwatosa

Dear Courtney

Day three and already Jennifer is asking you to come over. Like that's so cool and her dad has horses?

Boy-oh-boy, talk about falling on your feet!

I suspect that Jennifer will be only too pleased to come over and help you practice your drama.

I can't wait to hear how it goes :)

A. Wellwischer

I want to be an actress

I mean, it just seems like the best job in the world to me.