Dear Diary : 2007-10-09

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Tuesday, 9 October, 2007

Dear Diary
Today, tryouts for the Academic Decathalon started.

I don't know if I'll make it, but I'm gonna certainly try!

Matthew went and Goobered on us again. Another lunchroom speech. Only this time...

He did Malcolm X's famous speech. The 'Plymouth Rock' thing.

There aren't even any black kids in the county let alone in the school... I think he's lucky there aren't! A pasty white kid with a penchant for staring into space reciting one of the most famous speeches in U.S. Black History... he'd've gotten pounded through the pavement!

Goober.

Anyway, Ballet tonight... as soon as class started, Simone took me across town to get fitted for toe shoes. They feel totally weird to wear!

I thanked her and she laughed, and told me to thank her on Saturday, if I still wanted to.

I have no idea what she's going on about most of the time.

There was some excitement on the way home, though... we had to wait while the police and fire department and ambulances cleared out a big car accident. Like NINE cars piled up and trashed.

Scary.

That's about all for today... Oh!

Mrs. Worthing held me after class sixth period to tell me that she didn't agree with my being part of the Homecoming Royalty, but she would, "bow to the wishes of your mother."

My mom RAWKS!

Courtney

up
41 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Matt IS a goober!

No question about it...

I hope Courtney's feet (& legs) don't rebel tooo much with the toe work!

Her mom does RAWK though. I am curious about this Accademic Decathalon. Perhaps Courtney will tell us more in the future. :-)

Annette

Queen Courtney

terrynaut's picture

It has a nice ring to it, ya know. :)

The only thing missing is a pet I think. Courtney could use a pet to talk to. Pets make great counselors. :)

Please keep up the good work.

Hugs

- Terry

The Court of Queen Courtney

or, if you're being crass... The Court of Queen Courtney (the Queen)