The Life Of An Angel Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

“Okay, I’ll send her a text asking her to meet me at the pink ribbon tonight.” Angel figures it wouldn’t hurt to have a few drinks with her.

“Why don’t you go and visit your mother and ask her in person. Also, can you pick your sister up this afternoon and bring her here please? I need to stay till closing tonight.” Angie really would like a part time or another full-time person to work at the store.

“No problem mom. If she wants to go to her friend’s house after school, is she permitted?” Angel remembers going over to her friend’s house and spending time with her.

“Nope, she needs to work on bring her grade up for her English class. She got a D on her last report card, because she wasn’t turning in her book reports.” Angie was a little disappointed in her youngest daughter.

“Ouch! I remember the last time I got a bad grade and you and momma D.A. kept me from going to the concert with my friends, unless I brought the grade up.” Angel knew she was smart, but she had slacked off and her grade had fallen. Her mothers said she couldn’t go to a concert with her friends, unless she brought her grade up.

“Okay, I’ll bring her here. I’ll also go and see momma D.A. as well. I won’t stay long, because I know mom is busy on a case.” Angel hugs her mother again and kiss her cheek.

“Be careful sweetie.” Angie watches as Angel walks out to the parking lot and over to her motorcycle which had been parked next to her own.

Angel puts her helmet on and mount her motorcycle. She looks back towards the store and notice her mother watching her. She waves to Angie and back out of the parking space and head towards her other mothers office.

The ride over there was okay, barely any traffic. Angel parks her motorcycle a couple of spots down form her mother’s car was parked. Her mother didn’t drive her motorcycle, because she was wearing her dress suit. Plus, she never rode her motorcycle to the office, unless it was the weekend. Her mother’s law firm with in an old converted building that dated back to when the town was settled. She walks up the steps and into her mother’s office. A smile appear son her face when she notices Carol was sitting at the receptionist desk. She was wearing a pants set like her mothers.

“Hi, Carol. Is my mom in?” Angel was feeling nervous and warm while she looked at Carol.
Carol smiles when she sees Angel. She had heard from D.A. that Angel got in late last night and was planning on asking her out for lunch today.

“Yes, she’s in her office. If you don’t have anything planned for lunch. I was wondering if you would join me for lunch.” Carol was hoping Angel said yes. She knew everything about Angel from their conversion by email and text message.

“Sure, could we go in thirty minutes or would you need longer?” Angel pretty much knew Carol’s work schedule.

“We can go after you talk with your mother.” Carol stands up and walks around her desk and wrap Angel in her arms and gives her a deep passionate kiss. She’s been wanting to do this since the two have been talking with each other. There wasn’t anyone else in the reception area right now.

Angel had been a little surprised and caught off guard, but she relaxes and returns the kiss.

They stop and Carol looks down into Angel’s emerald green eyes “sorry, but I have been wanting to do that to you since you left last Christmas.”

Angel was still feeling a little light headed from the kiss “that’s okay.”

Angel had enjoyed the kiss and wanted more from Carol.

“I better go and see my mother.” Angel places a light kiss on her lips and step away.

Angel walks to her mothers office. The office door was closed, so she knocks on the door.

“Come in.”

Angel walks in and notice her mother was swamp with work.

“Hi mom.” Angel walks over and gives her mother a hug and a kiss on the cheeks.

D.A. returns the hug.

“I’m sorry we didn’t get a chance to talk last night or this morning. I’m working on a big nasty case right now.” The case D.A. was working on was a real nasty one. To many parties were involved in the case.

“That’s fine mom. I know how busy you get, plus I got in real late last night.” Angel had caught a nonstop flight from Germany to Atlanta, Georgia and then had to catch a cab to her mothers place in Dahlonega, GA. Her belongings were being shipped by the government.

“Have you gone by and seen your other mother yet?” D.A. knew that Angel was her baby. She knew Angel loved Angie, but Angel was really her baby at heart. Her youngest was the opposite. Lisa leaned more to Angie then her.

“Yes ma’am. I stopped by the motorcycle shop before coming here. I needed to see if the shop had some parts for a friend.” Angel relaxes back into the big leather chair her mother has in front of her desk. She remembers spending time in this same chair. It was her favorite.

“Did you talk with your uncles about going back to work there, since you’re sticking around? I know they could use your help.” D.A. had been told by Angie that they could use an extra worker, because they were shorthanded. Angie had been putting in a lot of hours lately.

“Uncle Sam and I talked about it. He said he would talk with Uncle Jake. I know the decision comes down to mom and Uncle Jake. Because I can work up front and in the back with them. If I work in the back, I have to use moms tool box.” Angel grabs a piece of candy off her mom’s desk.

“Well, I know your mother won’t mind you using her tools. Just remember to clean them afterwards and put them back where you got them.” D.A. knew how Angie was about her tool box.

“I will. The question is, will Uncle Jake want me to work in the back or someone else? I know mom would want me to work up front with her like I did last time.” Angel remembers working at the shop after school and on the weekend with her mother Angie.

“I think if your mother has anything to do with it. You’ll be working there by the end of the week. Now, I hate to run you off sweetie, but I have a lot of work to get done. Also, if they say yes. Go to work next week. Take this week to settle in and relax some.” D.A. had missed her baby girl when she was serving overseas.

“I will mom.” Angel gets back up and walks around and hug her again.

“It’s good to have you home sweetie.” D.A. was pleased her baby was home.

“It’s good to be home mom.” Angel walks out of D.A.’s office and makes sure the door is closed behind her.

As she walks up front “are you ready for lunch?” Angel was looking towards Carol.

“Yep!” Carol was ready to take her lunch. Her relief has come up to answer the phone and take messages as well type up anything that needed to be typed up.

“We’re going to have to either take your car or I can follow you on my motorcycle.” Angel knew Carol didn’t ride, unless it was horses.

“Why don’t you follow me. That way you won’t have to come back and pick-up your motorcycle.” Carol steps a little closer to Angel.

“Okay.” Angels felt warm.

Carol walks out first with Angel following behind her. Angel was just watching Carol as she walks towards her car. She notices Carol had put a little extra wiggle to her walk. She had seen her mother Angie do this to her other mother D.A. Hell, she had done it to the two men she had dated. Angels just shakes her head as she walks over towards her motorcycle and mount it after putting her helmet on. She starts the motorcycle up and follows Carol to a mom and pop restaurant that had opened when she had been gone.

They walk inside and get a booth to sit at. When the waitress comes over to get their order, Carol orders a chicken salad and a sweet ice tea. Angel orders a club sandwich with onion rings and a sweet ice tea as well.

Carol looks directly at Angel “I’m happy that you decided to come home. I’ve missed you while you were gone. I know we sent emails and text messages and sometime talk over skype, but it’s not the same as having you here. I know your mother was very happy when you told her you were coming back here to live.”

Angel takes a deep breath “I’m glad to be home as well and you’re right. Me and you did exchange emails and text message and this is far better than just seeing you over the internet. I want to pursue our relationship and take it to the next level, if that’s okay with you.”
Carol just smiles “I think I’m ready to take our relationship to the next level. I did offer you the second bedroom at my apartment after all.”
When Angel had told, her she was coming back home. Carol had offer her spare bedroom to Angel. She was only fifteen minutes away from Angel’s mother house and twenty minutes from the motorcycle shop.

“That you did and I thank you. As soon as my stuff gets delivered, I’ll go ahead and move in with you.” Angel takes a sip of her tea.
As Angel is sitting there waiting for her lunch. She notices a little girl pulling a rusty wagon behind her with a clear trash bag filled with cans.
She should be in school right now.

“Excuse me Carol.” Angel gets up and heads across the street to see who this girl is.

Tammy had woken-up hungry this morning. Her mother didn’t come home last night again and her and her twin sister had run out of food. They had gotten up early and started collecting cans, so they could get some money to buy food.

As Angel got closer to the girl. She could tell the poor girl was wearing a dirty dress and only had flip flops on. Her feet and legs were dirty as well.

“Excuse me, but aren’t you supposed to be in school?” Angel stops a few feet from the girl. She didn’t want to scare her.

Tammy looks at the woman talking to her. She didn’t know who she was, but she had a cute crystal angel hanging around her neck.

“I need to find some cans so me and my sister can get money.” Tammy was hungry and thirsty.

Angel could hear the little girls stomach rumble.

“Where’s your sister?” Angel was going to take these girls and get some food into them and find out who their parents were.

“Over there.” Tammy points across the street to a little girl that looked identical to her. Except she was wearing a big dirty t-shirt and had a pair of dirty slippers on.

“Would you and your sister like something to eat?” Angel wanted to help these girls like her mothers and the MC had helped her when she had been found.

“Yes, ma’am.” Tammy was hungry and wonders if she could trust this strange woman.

“Okay, why don’t we go and get your sister. My name is Angel.” Angel holds her hand out.

“Just like that necklace?” Tammy points to the necklace.

“Yep, My Aunt Rachel and my Aunt Clair gave it to me.” Angel extends her hand out to take Tammy’s hand.

“By the way. What is your name?”

“Tammy.” Tammy takes Angel’s hand.

“Well Tammy, let’s go and get your sister.” Angel holds Tammy’s hand as she crosses the street. She was walking carefully, because Tammy was still pulling her wagon with her. Angel notice Carol standing by the door of the restaurant they had gone to watching her.

Sammy had stopped when she saw her twin sister talking to a woman and now they were crossing the street coming towards her. She stops as they came closer. The woman was holding her sisters hand and coming closer to her.

“Tammy, what is your sisters name?” Angel couldn’t believe the state these two girls were in. Why didn’t people stop and help them?

“Sammy.” Tammy was trying to keep up with the woman. Her feet were hurting her.

Angel stops in front of Sammy. She could see the poor girl was in the same state as her twin sister.

“Hi Sammy, I was going to buy your sister some lunch. Would you like to join us?” Angel kneels so she was right in front of the girl. She had notice Carol walking up behind her.

Sammy saw the crystal angel around the woman’s neck. She nods her head yes.

“Okay, let’s go and gets something to eat.” Angel extends her hand to Sammy as well.

Sammy tentatively takes it. She had been fooled before by strangers and by her mother as well.

“Girls, this is my friend Carol. She’s going to be joining us for lunch.” Angel looks at Carol and nods her head towards the restaurant they were just at.

“Girls, why don’t you leave your wagon out here near the door. I promise you can get them when we leave.” Angel had stopped to let the girls park their wagon. Both girls had been collecting cans. She was getting angry because of the way people had been ignoring these girls and the fact their mother wasn’t around.

Angel takes the girls back to their booth and let them sit across from her and Carol. She flags their waitress and order lunches for both girls and milk for them to drink. She barely eats her lunch. Carol was feeling the same way.

“Tammy, Sammy, where is your mother?” Angel wanted to know where their mother or father was.

“We don’t know. She’s been gone for two days.” Tammy had answer. She was staring at Angels necklace.

“Where is your father?” Angel wonder why a mother would leave her children.

“Mommy said he was dead.” Sammy answered Angel this time.

Carol looks at her cell phone and notice what time it was.

“Angel, I need to get back to the office.” Carol wanted to stay and help Angel, but her relief needed her lunch break as well.

“Go ahead Carol. I’ll call one of my aunts for help.” Angel leans over and gives Carol a kiss on the cheek.

Carol was so giddy that Angel had kissed her. She wanted to stay and help, but her relief needed her lunch.

up
218 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like Angel is going to

Looks like Angel is going to be starting her own batch of "little Angels" now. Wondering their mother just be a "meth head" or into the sex trade and that is why the two girls have not seen her for two days. From description, they both seem to be around 6-8 years old. Not good at all.

So the cycle continues.......

D. Eden's picture

The only true way to repay another's kindness is to pay it forward. Angel remembers what was done by others to help her, and she is now passing that on to the two young girls. Her mothers and her aunts taught her well.

D

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Such an interesting twist...

I had hoped to see more of the girls, and Angel to find out how things went after the sperm donor was removed from the picture, it's nice to see Angel is as kind hearted as an adult as she was as a youngster by her wanting to help the young ones. Got butterfly's from the one. Rhuh RHO! =]

I can totally see her taking them under her wing, hope D.A. and Angie are ready to be grandparents heheheh =]

pay it forward

My5InchFMHeels's picture

Looks like Angel plans to bring her name to life