Avenging Angel Chap. 12

Printer-friendly version

“Captain, you don’t understand. Whoever that person is wearing a copy of our armor design can take whatever you have and keep going. We design that armor to protect the wearer in heavy combat and nothing you have can stop them.” Gypsy didn’t know how many times she had to explain that the police department didn’t stand a chance in stopping the person.

“If that is the case, how did they get a copy of your armor design?” Captain Gabris looks at the Gypsy, Patrick, and Nathan when he asks that question.

“We don’t know. We think another team that was working at our college might have copied our design and construction technique. It’s no secret where we got the techniques to build the armor itself, but everything else about it is of our own design.” Gypsy couldn’t reveal too much about their armor.

“How do I know you guys aren’t working with them?” Captain Gabris couldn’t believe he had people claiming to be able to stop their mysterious armor person.

“If we were working with them, we wouldn’t be here talking to you.” Gypsy couldn’t understand why the Captain wasn’t taking their offer.

A police officer comes running towards the interrogation room Gypsy and they had been taken too. He burst into the room “sir, the armored person is back and is robbing another diamond store.”

Captain Gabris looks at the three individuals sitting before him “here’s a chance to prove what you are saying. I’m going to take a chance with you.”

“Trust me, sir, you won’t regret it.” Gypsy, Patrick, and Nathan run down to their command center.

Patrick jumps into the driver seat “Gypsy, help Nathan suit up.”

“On it.” Gypsy grabs the sergeant’s kinetic suit and hands it to him.

Nathan strips out of his clothes and put the kinetic suit on. Gypsy grabs the armor out of storage and helps the sergeant put on each piece.
Once the armor is on, she grabs a battery pack and put it in the armor.

“Do you want the jet pack?” Nathan grabs the Gauss rifle and plugs it into the suit.

He grabs four spare magazines and slips them into the combat belt. He powers up the rifle to if he had a full magazine load in it.

“No, but keep one ready should I need it.” Nathan knew Gypsy and Patrick could remote it to him.

“We’re almost there, Sergeant.” Patrick was following the police cars in front of him.

They stop a way back. Gypsy runs to her console and turns all the systems on so they could record and analyze what occurs. When the camera comes online, Gypsy notices the armor looked just like theirs, but it had the minigun again.

“Nathan be careful. They are using the minigun again.” Gypsy was a little worried about the minigun.

“It will be the first thing I take out.” Nathan presses the door controls and walks out of the command center.

He takes aim and locks onto the minigun. Nathan pulls the trigger and three rounds from the gauss rifle hit the minigun. He fires again as another three rounds penetrate the minigun.

The figure in the other armor looks towards Nathan as he walks towards them. It drops the minigun and pulls another weapon off its back. It fires the weapon at the police officers, forcing Nathan to protect them. He fires back at the other armor as it tries to run off.

Nathan had several cars in front of him as he starts chasing after the other armor. He jumps over them as he runs after the other armor.

“Are you getting this, Gypsy?” Nathan was chasing after the other armor.

“I’m getting it, Nathan. That other armor’s running speed is faster than yours. Try to slow him down.” Gypsy was seeing everything Nathan was seeing from the camera system built into the suit.

Nathan targets the back of the other suit and fires two, three round burst at the armor. The targeting system registers the hits. He fires again but ups the power level. The fletches go straight through the other armor.

The other armor stumbles as the fletches go through it. It drops something on the ground and just keeps on running. It heads down a nearby alleyway.

Just as Nathan was getting close to the other armor, the ground in front of him exploded. The blast sends him flying back onto the street. The armor absorbed the explosives force from the explosion.

“Sergeant, are you alright?” Gypsy was still receiving information from the sensors inside the suit.

“Yes, I’m fine. The explosion only knocked me off my feet.” Nathan gets up and starts looking for the other armor.

Gypsy and Patrick look at each other after Nathan responded back to them. The readings from the suit showed it was still operational.

“Did you guys see in what direction the other armor went?” Nathan was looking around for it.

“No, let me reverse the video feed and see if your armor caught it.” Gypsy reverses the video feed to the point where Nathan went down.

She spots the other armor going down another alleyway. She replays the video again “turn right.”

“Gotcha.” Nathan runs down the alleyway but doesn’t spot anything. He does spot a puddle of some sort of liquid.

Gypsy, are you seeing this?” Nathan was kneeling by the puddle.

“Yes, bring back a sample if you can, so we can analyze it.” Gypsy enlarges the image so Patrick could see it as well.

As they are looking at the monitor, there was a pounding sound coming from the door. Gypsy switches the camera view to the commands
security camera and sees Captain Gabris. She gets up and opens the door for him.

“Come in Captain.” Gypsy steps aside to let him in.

He looks around the place and notices it looked more like a mobile repair shop, then a command center. He notices all sorts of electronic
equipment, another strange looking weapon like the one he saw their armor had carried.

“Did you capture it?” Captain Gabris could see that Patrick was watching something on one of the monitors.

“No, sir. It managed to escape from Nathan, but we did wound it.” Gypsy hopes the fluid that Nathan found was from the other armor.

“What was that weapon your guy was using against it?” Captain Gabris was thinking if he could arm his officers with it. They might stand a chance against it.

“It’s a gauss rifle and there are only two in existence. The one behind you mounted on the wall and the one Nathan is carrying.” Gypsy hasn’t
gotten around to making one for Frank yet.

“Where did you get them?” Captain Gabris walks over to look at the one mounted on the wall.

“I and my partner built them.” Gypsy glances towards the monitors, to see where Nathan was.

Patrick was watching Nathan as he runs back to them. All the readings were within normal ranges.

“He’s back.” Patrick opens the door for Nathan.

Nathan steps into the command center and over towards Gypsy and the police Captain. He lifts the faceplate of the armor up to look at the Captain.

“She told you we are the ones better suited in handling this matter.” Nathan was mad that the other armor tricked him.

Gypsy and Patrick look over the armor, to see if there were any cracks and chips. Neither one of them could find anything.

“Whatever caused that explosion didn’t damage the armor.” Patrick helps Nathan out of it.

“How were you able to catch up with it?” Captain was amazed at how high Nathan had jumped over the police cars blocking their path and how fast the suit had moved.

“Because the armor is design to enhance the wearer. I can’t go into detail, because it's under government restrictions.” Gypsy knew there were certain things she couldn’t say about the armor.

“Well will you consider working for us, until this matter is solved?” Captain Gabris figures he would rather have them helping the police, instead of them operating on their own.

“We'll help you, Captain.” Nathan figures that was what the drive-by was about. Someone knew he and his armor could come after them.

They were the only ones capable of stopping the threat. Gypsy wonders what the liquid was that Nathan found.

“Is there a way I can get in touch with you?” Captain Gabris hopes he won’t have to summon them.

“Yes, here’s our numbers. Just call us if that armor shows up again.” Gypsy hands a business card she had made up to the Captain.

“Just don’t take too long calling us Captain.” Patrick was helping Nathan out of the armor.

“I won’t.” Captain Gabris turns around and leaves the command center.

“How fast can a person run in this suit?” As Nathan helps Patrick put the armor on the armor stand and plug the charging cable into it.

“You’re running speed is 40mph, that other armor running speed had to be at least 50mph. You slowed it down when you shot the back of it when you upped the power level in the rifle. You put a hole all the way through it.” Gypsy reviews the shot from the targeting data and the camera system.

“The thing is, it didn’t slow it down much.” Nathan pulls a beer out of the minifridge in the command center.

Gypsy enlarges the image “here’s the hole.” She points towards it.

“It’s not very big, Gypsy.” Nathan was looking at the enhanced image of it.

“No, it isn’t but you hurt it.” Gypsy looks over the image.

Patrick was watching the movement of the other suit and notices something. He brings up the recording they had of Nathan running in the suit and the other armor running. He compares the two movements.

“I think I know what Andy and his team did. However, before I say, let’s look at the liquid you found. Lets see if we can find Andy and his team as well.” Patrick thinks he might know what was going on.

up
215 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gypsy

Well she's getting a real test of her armor now, should make for some interesting chapters :).

The Gauss gun might be

a more popular invention than the suit.

Suit got a boo boo

Jamie Lee's picture

When Nathan goes up against the suit again he needs to have the gauss rifle set to max. He also needs to have a jet pack on, with or without wings.

If Andy is involved his promising career is being cut short because of what he's done.

Others have feelings too.