Slayers Crossed - Chapter 3 Shocking! Stumble and fall.

Printer-friendly version
Slayers Crossed
Chapter 3 Shocking! Stumble and fall.
SC-3
By Lukas.I

Special thanks to Podracer for excellent proofreading.


Strange world and stranger situation with no way out. What will future hold? Can they get home?


Chapter 3 Shocking! Stumble and fall.

I felt strangely refreshed yet still a little numb. What had happened to me? Where was I? I was a bit confused. I looked around to discover my friends were there with me too. Wherever there was. I was covered by the cape I wore. Pulling it off me I could already feel the cold air in the room. They had covered me with it so I didn't freeze. I felt somehow out of whack though. The fireplace still had some hot coals in it. I couldn't imagine what would I do alone here. Now a bit more comfortable I started to think about what happened. I looked around more closely and saw we were in some sort of wooden cabin. How the heck did we get to the cabin? Weren't we in the city? I decided to let the rest sleep for now. I pulled a phone from my pocket with still half closed eyes. My ass felt kind of funny as I pulled myself up to a sitting position. Those pants felt even tighter yet they seemed to be more comfortable. I discovered that I had no signal and only half battery so I shut it down. I started thinking about what happened yesterday. The box? Light? Markings? I felt itching on my chest, and I thought those balloons were causing the discomfort. I scratched and gave out a high pitched shriek.

"Mm... my chest? How come I can feel it if those are balloons!" I pulled the bra lower and unbuttoned the top a bit to reveal what I thought to be impossible. There on my chest were real breasts filling my bra. Not big, but certainly breasts. I touched them again just to be sure, but to no avail they were real. My new high pitched sound effect for surprise seemed to have woken up others in the mean time.

"What's the big idea?" Peter asked, rubbing his eyes. He was still mostly asleep.

"What is wrong?" Asked Amy in a sleepy voice. Jenn had been sleeping near to me. She was completely awake and saw my half puzzled, half terrified look. With the sight of me holding my unbuttoned top and bandeau bra to my chest with one hand and my mouth covered with the other. It must have been a sight to behold.

"Luke what is wrong? What the hell happened?" When I failed to reply she moved closer.

"What happened?" She asked again, clearing her eyes to see me better. When she heard herself she paused for a while. I was stunned, Amy and Peter also, because she didn't sound like this. Come to think of it none of us did. Amy and Peter I dismissed because of sleepiness but Jenny? I knew her voice very well and this wasn't her. This wasn't even a female voice, it sounded more like a male voice. Gears in my head started turning once again. Breasts, voice, Jenny, shriek, my ass feeling funny, shop, box, you are what you wear. Then it all clicked in place. It was like lightning struck me dead on. My brain refused to accept this. This was my fault, all my fault. I reached with my hand to check what I already knew. My worse fears were confirmed. I was a girl and not just an ordinary one. If I was right. I didn't even want to think about it.

"This is all my fault, all my doing. Damn - how? Why?" I slammed my clenched, gloved fist to the wall next to me, to let off some steam which only resulted in me hurting my hand. My friends' eyes now widened because they were sure I didn't sound like this either. Come to think of it I really sounded like Lina would.

"Ok this is how I figure it." I said in a trembling voice after I pulled myself together a bit. I had to be strong this was really big trouble we were in and it was all my fault. They all shook their heads cluelessly.

"We went to the shop and I opened some kind of magical box. Letters engraved on it shifted from gibberish to English. On the lid was written, "You are what you wear". I don't know what happened then, or where we are but I have a feeling that this box took it literally, as I am sure now that I changed into this girl and I guess I look exactly like Lina now. For the rest of you I am not too sure but I think you went through the same transformation, you literally are what you were wearing."

All of them looked puzzled as they checked themselves out. Most shaken was Jenn. She looked a bit guilty. I am sure that she was frightened more than I was. I buttoned my top, pulled back that bra and moved closer to comfort her. I had to be strong for both our sakes. I didn't feel exactly good myself but I had to comfort Jenn. I embraced her to stop her from shaking. It seemed to help a bit, as she - or rather now he - stopped shaking. It was a really weird feeling to sense my new breasts pushing against the washboard chest Jenn now had. So this is what Jenn always felt when we hugged? Not unpleasant. Just weird.

"I... I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I am so sorry Luke." Jenn buried his head between his hands trembling a little again.

"Hush now it's ok, it isn't your fault. I wanted to go to that shop and opened that box. If it is someone's fault it is mine!"

"So you mean since I am, according to all signs, Ranma now, will I turn into a girl when wet? It's just karma isn't it. I laughed at you dressed like a girl and I end up half girl half boy.... Before you apologize, don't! We all went there it is not your fault Luke don't beat yourself down about it." Pete said, defusing the situation by presenting his line of thought.

"Thanks but the fault is mine and I will get us back to normal. I swear! I won't stop until we return to our old selves." I said with stone-willed determination.

"Luke, Peter is right we don't blame you. We will find a way to turn back. Speaking of which..." Amy just closed her eyes and she glowed for a bit and her Jupiter costume disappeared to be replaced by a Japanese school uniform. A wand-like object appeared in her hand right after.

"Neat trick. How did you know it would turn you back?" Peter said, curious.

"I watched Sailor moon. They did it like this there." Amy said, smiling. Jenn meantime, a bit comforted by my hug, looked up at me and smiled a bit.

"Magic and chaos always find you don't they Lina?" Jenn said, smiling awkwardly.

"Lina? Don't tease me like that." I blushed and put my hand behind my neck embarrassed.

"We should check out where we are." I stated flatly. Still holding Jenn by the hand and turning a bit on the toe of my foot I almost fell. This body had bit different center of gravity than mine used to.

"About that. Yesterday when we rushed out of that shop we were somewhere near some lake and in a forest. The shop we exited from disappeared. We were lucky to find this cabin here and I went to pick some wood. I didn't meet anyone nor find any path." Informed Peter whilst examining his new muscles.

"I had a feeling we are somewhere remote. I don't have a signal on my smartphone."

"Where could we be then?" Interrupted Amy. As she moved closer to have a better look at me now she was calming down.

"We can't be sure of anything. We are dealing with magic here - look at us. If I really am a copy of Lina Inverse I should be able to use magic. I just have to find out how. I don't seem to have the right knowledge. But it might help us in a big way. I feel like that magic is in there I just can't tap it. It is quite ironic. I never believed in magic." I informed them, blinking at Amy as she looked closely at my face.

"Luke! Hold still and open your eyes wide." Said Amy as she looked really close.

"Curious. Those are not lenses anymore. You have red eyes now. Quite an unusual color." Said Amy as she grabbed at my chest.

"Do you feel that?" I jumped in shock.

"HELL YES I do! Why do you think I woke you up? I accidently brushed against my breast. As I said before, we turned into the characters that we cosplayed. In my and Jenn's case cross played." I said irritated, covering my chest.

"Maybe sword of light will work." Pointed out Jenn still getting used to her new body.

"Yeah maybe, but if we are stranded somewhere one thing is for sure. We have to stick together if we hope to get out of this. I'm going out for some fresh air I feel bit weird." I turned and headed to the door to do that though I was still wobbly and stumbled few times. This new body felt really strange. When I got out I was in a forest alright. I sniffed at the strand of hair that danced around my face and it smelled the same like before, just a bit more intense. I tugged at it and I was really sure it was real now. I took a deep breath because I felt real sick. It was the real reason I went out. To get some fresh air. All that happened; I couldn't process it. Most of it my fault and I was helpless with no idea how to get out of this. How to fix any of this mess. I was stuck in this girl's body, my girlfriend turned into a guy and I messed up my friends too. This pushed me over the edge so I just ran, past a big tree where stood a few empty wooden barrels..

"I have to go check on him." Jenn said after she relaxed a bit.

"You mean her!?" Amy said correcting Jenn.

"Whatever! We will sort this later we have to find a way to avoid this confusion if we are in the wilderness somewhere." Peter said.

Jenn looked around and saw me near the shore of the lake and walked up behind me. I didn't notice him at first.

"I know you are hard on the outside and always try to stay calm even in a no-win scenario but don't close up. I'[ve known you long enough to be sure that you are concerned the same way as the rest of us, maybe more." He said trying to comfort me.

"Thank you for that Jenn but it is no excuse for me to be so weak and helpless! I mean look at me! My hands are shaking and my knees are like jelly."

"Nonsense if anyone can get us out of this it is going to be you. You are the smartest person I know. I saw you at school and was proud, very proud to know you. When you held that presentation on algorithms I didn't even understand the function of them. You even got that grant for it."

"Thanks but this is completely different situation. Look at me now? How can I expect to be able to fix us? This is magic we are dealing with here. I hate magic. I was a man of science. Now I am a woman of magic." I said with sarcasm whilst sitting holding my knees.

"Don't worry about it so much. Welcome to my world." Jenn said.

"It all had gotten to me and I couldn't handle it anymore. I feel so ashamed. I don't know why am I so weak. I don't even want to say this but I feel like I'm losing it." I sobbed as I covered face with my hands.

"Weak? You mean emotional? It isn't weakness it is strength but you can't let it control you. I think your mind just can't handle your new body chemistry well. Here let me help you!" He took my hand and brushed hair from my face.

"Chemistry? Like hormones!?" I said, afraid.

"Yeah you are female now. Who knows what effect it might have."

"Thanks for the comfort! I think I am going to throw up again." I said as a joke. "So where do we stand now? I mean I am a girl now and you are a boy. I need a bit of time for now to think things through and get over that fact."

"You don't have to tiptoe around it. I know what you mean I have same problem looking at my boyfriend who looks more girly than I ever did."

"I will try to get over it just give me some time. Don't take it like I don't love you anymore. I just can't imagine kissing boys now. Or making love with one for that matter."

"Don't beat yourself down I said! You sweet little redheaded idiot." He lovingly caressed my head which eased my frustration for a bit because of how good it felt.

"Let's go back in we have to get ready to find our way out of here." When we came back to the cabin we saw Amy and Peter facing similar problems arguing about what to do next.

"So. I have some good news and some bad."

"Tell us the good one. We really need some." Said Amy while holding Pete's hand.

"The time seems to check up on my phone was 7 o clock morning and sun position seems to be right. The lake is good you can wash yourselves if you want. As for bad news when I was... looking around I saw some really strange kinds of insects which I never saw not even in biology books." Which was confirmed by Jenn's nod.

"How is she holding up?" Asked Amy. I tried to answer when Jenn Interrupted me.

"She is ok now. It was just too much on her and her hormones don't help with that either." I realized that Amy didn't ask me but Jenn.

"Hey she is here you know! And do we have to discuss my hormones here?" I said in anger, feeling ashamed.

"Sorry but this is a relevant fact. Amy studies medical school like I do. She might know how will it affect you." Jenn defended his approach. I sat on the chair next to the table.

"Jenn is right. You might change your way of thinking about things. You will get more emotional for sure. You will stay you but and I don't want to scare you. You might get more of a female pattern of thinking." Amy informed us. I dropped my head on the table. This prospect of slowly losing myself scared me to death.

"How do I stop it? I don't want to lose myself like this. This is the single thing I fear most." Jenn came behind me and put his hand on my shoulder for a bit of comfort.

"You can't. I am sorry Luke. If it makes you feel better it will be slow. And when we change back you might return to normal." Amy said as she sat on the chair next o me.

"Might?" I looked up at her tears welling in my eyes. I have to be strong! I thought again and pushed those tears back. If I am going to go down at least I'll try to keep my dignity for as long as I can.

"Ok then I guess you talked about state of matters with Pete." I said as I sat properly and Jenn sat down on another chair.

"Yeah I think that it would be best to present ourselves to others just like we look now. Unless we are somewhere close to home. Also we should check this place for useful things and get on our way out of here. Our objective should be going to the south since moss grows north on trees. Either until we find a path or city or any human we can ask which way to go."

"Good points. I think you just summed it up." I said, surprised.

"Ok Amy , Pete you go refresh yourselves and I and Luke will search here." Jenn sent the two out. We searched the cabin and found few forks one dish, a little bit of cheese and some bread which was hard like brick. The real win was a bucket of apples and some dried jerky.

"Where is that manga you bought at the con? And what about that plaque we won.?" I asked. Inspecting the cabin.

"I must have dropped them at that shop when I saw you fall to the ground." Jenn replied with regret.

"Well that's one thing we won't have to carry around here." When packed we went out and joined Peter and Amy.

"So you think you can walk like this?" I asked pointing at her mary jane shoes.

"Can you handle it Amy?" Asked Jenn

"I sure hope so. These shoes are not fit for forest but I will try. Did you find something?"

"Some food that should last us some time but not much else. Luke also has some energy bars in the back pocket of her cape." Informed Jenn.

"Hey when did you plan on telling me that? You mean I was dragging that around all the time at the con?" I asked sharply.

"Well I needed to adjust the cape for it to flow down nicely and I thought you might be hungry there."

"Good thinking Jenn." We got on our way. I photographed important landmarks along the way so we knew how to get back if we needed it. After like 12 kilometers we had to stop because of me. My legs were hurting really bad.

"Heck I can't keep pace with you my legs hurt like hell and my hips are killing me." I said while I massaged my ankles.

"I noticed you walk kind of funny. I might know what is the problem. You seem to be still walking like a guy and forcing it. At the convention I did this so I would be more convincing and it hurt like hell. You need to relax and let your body do its thing. Move your hips a bit when you walk."Jenn explained.

"Good observation. You might be right." Confirmed Amy. I thought for a bit about it and tried to piece together how to walk with this body.

"I will try that. I hope I can make it. Just sit and rest we can all use it. I'll try to learn by walking a bit." I stood up and tried it. Jenn stood up to and tried to teach me. He showed me how which looked funny as she was now he.

"I think I got the picture." I tried few steps but no progress. Jenn came behind me and pinched my bottom at which I cried out surprised.

"Not like this. Move your hips for gods sake. It comes so naturally."

"To you maybe." She then stepped behind me and grabbed me by my hips from behind. "This way." She pushed down at my hips as I tried few steps.

"This is useless. You are too uptight. You need to relax. Don't force your steps. Just let go. One leg after the other." It was hard for me to grasp but then I almost stumbled over a rock and that forced me let go. I almost fell but I relaxed my muscles enough that next few steps went naturally. Jenn was right, it is more like a flow than a straight walk.

"I guess that this is close enough. Not quite it but close." Jenn said.

I walked a bit further than I should when I noticed a bad smell but it was too late. Someone jumped at me from behind a tree and grabbed me by my hands.

"Hey let me go! Who are you? Leave me be!" I managed to cry for help before a big hairy hand covered my mouth.

"Here be reasonable little girl we just want your money. Give it to us and we will let you go. Don't make us hurt you badly." Said a voice behind me. I tried to shout again. The smell was real bad, there seemed to be two bandit like types behind me.

"Leave her! Let her go!" Jenn shouted.

"We'll just take your money and then let you go." Bandit One proposed. The smell was beginning to get unbearable. It smelled as if I was snuggled up to a pig. I tried to free myself and struggled a bit. They held me tight I had no chance to get loose.

"We don't have any we.. We were already robbed." Amy tried to save the situation.

"Maybe you don't but such lovely lady like we have here is bound to have some coin. Well?" He uncovered my mouth for a while.

"Screw you! You fucking bastard." I shouted.

"Too bad! Then we'll have to kill you. Such a shame to kill a hottie like you but you give us no other choice." Bandit Two said and pulled out his sword.

This was just the impulse I needed, because something in me just snapped, I closed my eyes and began chanting. "Source of all power..." I felt power gather in my hand, a warm power and a surge of energy through my body. It felt incredible. It was like I had the power to do anything!

"What is that girl muttering did she go mad? Uncover her mouth again so we can hear." The lead bandit said.

"Light which burns beyond crimson..." I continued. Jenn just smiled wickedly and muttered to himself. "She's done it. Hide!"

"Let thy power gather in my hand." As I finished the channeling a ball of fire appeared in my hand which didn't burn me or my clothes but the heat seemed to really burn the bandits, they let go of me and ran away. They were so dumb to run next to each other in the same direction. I just let go the ball and threw it in their direction. Then I dropped to my knees exhausted almost faint. I saw how an explosion enveloped the bandits and expanded in a 20 meter radius. Then I heard Jenn whisper in my ear from behind holding me close.

"You are really one in a million Luke." Then I fainted.

I had a dream. Or a nightmare depending on your perspective. I dreamed that this all had been a dream and I woke at home in my bed and Jenn was there, my parents were there and all was right. I felt so calm and relaxed. Then I got up and felt a familiar weight on my chest at which I ripped open my shirt in horror. Yep they were there. I had breasts. An orange lock fell to my face. The others didn't seem surprised and looked at me like it was normal for me to be this way. I passed out. I felt cold. Something wet. Water!!

"Hey!! You didn't need to splash me did you?" I whined.

"It worked did it not?" Jenn smiled.

"How did you do that?" Amy asked.

"Don't know I just snapped cause of that bad smell and remembered the chant. Bad news is that I don't really know if I can repeat it. Come to think of it my sense of smell is kind of better, even too good for my benefit I guess. Now that I think of it I seem to remembere a bit more. I had a nightmare; I was home and I woke up in my bed and I was still a girl. Jenn you were there and my parents were there. The worst thing was that you acted like it was normal for me to be like this."

"That had to be real bad." Peter said. "I am still afraid to try cold water myself. I am sure I would be really shaken by something like you describe."

"I don't see anything bad with being a girl." Amy commented with arms crossed.

"Well neither do I. It is only that I am so confused. I also seem to figure out things quicker than before, it is like I am somehow smarter and I like that. For example. I was stuck on one mathematical problem at home and now if I think about it the solution is simple."

"I think we all know what you mean Luke. I for once like my increased strength. There is also the advantage of me being able to keep cool even in tense situation like this one just few minutes ago. Before I would go mad and try to attack the bandits not thinking ahead." Jenn said.

"Let's go check on those bandits we might find something valuable or even a map. Bandits here mean that we might be close to town but it also means that we are not in Kansas anymore." I said trying to get things moving again.

up
105 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

If found that box, I would

If found that box, I would have opened the lid as well; as you never know what you will find inside. So if they are what they wear, does that mean we now have two that can do magic and two that cannot? Or can all of them do so, as some level or other?

I don't want to spoil out

I don't want to spoil out much. That being said. I want to keep the abilities as close as possible to the original anime characters. Lina is going to be the heavy hitter of this story. Amy/Jupiter is also strong character but nowhere near the level of raw power Lina has. To use the line of one of her spells "The power that can smash even the souls of the Gods". This also doesn't come without a price thou. I wanted to go with Roy Mustang instead of Ranma but Ranma will be more fun in long run.

Story picking up

zulu mack's picture

The action starting to build ,nice