Freya's Gift Chapter 14 by Mopar

Printer-friendly version

An aging overweight man who plays too much online gaming receives a gift from Freya, the
goddess of love, lust, beauty, sorcery, fertility, gold, war and death.

Freya's Gift

Chapter 14: Lauren

Tuesday Afternoon

Freya

I leave Cappie to continue my patrol. He promises not to tell anyone about my unique talents. It's almost mid shift and I need to take my lunch break. I head for Mom's when my phone rings. "Hi Freya, how's your day going?" Lauren says.

"Hey Lauren, fine so far, how about you?" Then I thought, "By the way, how'd you get my number?"

Lauren said, "I saw you on friday with James from the Apple store, and got it from him. Although it took quite a bribe to get it from him."

"Oh really?" I wondered what the bribe was if Katie was right about Lauren's preference for women.

Lauren, "And don't ask what, cause I won't tell." Now I was more intrigued. "The reason I called was I was wondering if you could come by, I have some things I'd like to talk over."

"Sure, when? I'm free for lunch now. I was going to go to Mom's, but I can make it there in 15min." I said.

"That's perfect, see you in a few, Bye". Lauren.

As I get to the mall, I call in for lunch break and set the alarm on my phone so I don't run late. When I got to the Victoria's Secret, Lauren was waiting at the front of the store. She says, "I figured you might be pressed for time, so I already got us lunch. It's in the breakroom in back."

When we get to the breakroom, "So, what's the urgency?" I ask.

"Well, it's not really urgent, but I thought we could talk, over lunch. I showed your pictures to my rep from the franchise and he loved them." Lauren beams at me.

I say, "I glad to hear that." We started on our chef salads that had ham, cheese and egg, with raisins and bacon bits. "Mmm, delish. So what about them did he like?"

"Other than your just gorgous, and before you ask, he loved your ears. He thought they could be the next big thing for Victoria's branding since the angel wings. He said they had the appeal of both reality and fantasy." She reached over and held my hands. "He asked me to talk to you about signing a limited contract, because I told him you work as a park ranger. He loved that more because your not a model."

I think, "What would the perks be?" As I take my hands and hold hers back, smiling at her, letting her know I knew she might be interested and I wasn't flinching away from it.

"Well, besides...." She leans over and kisses me, hesitantly at first. Then I let my tongue slip between her lips and she matched my action. As we broke the kiss, "there's that. And of coarse, anything you wear for the photo shoots you get to keep. You also would receive a normal model's salery and huge discounts at any Victoria's Secret stores."

I squeeze her hands tighter and say, "Where do I lick.... er, I mean sign? And so you know, Katie's ears look more like mine now than when you saw her last."

Lauren says, "If that's the case then she'll probably get signed too. Now as to....." "Beep, beep, beep, beep". My alarm goes off. "What's that for?"

"I have to get back on patrol. There are lots of things happening that you aren't aware of. But can we continue this thursday night? Dinner at my cabin, 8 o'clock, and you can bring the dessert." I smiled mischieviously.

"I think, we'll both be bringing the dessert." Smiling evilly, "Text me the address," As she walks me out the door. We hug and kiss, then say goodbye.

As I walked away, I turned to look back at Lauren, not realizing I let my eyesight shift to elfish. I am stunned, there surrounding Lauren is a bright halo of her aura, all pink and purple.. It's almost as brite as Katie's was before she accepted FREYA's gift. I got a feeling deep in my soul. Could Lauren be the third to join FREYA's hand or star. I liked the symmetry of 'Star', it reminded me of the clans in Battletech stories. And then thinking about that....

************************************************

Looking forward to thursday night, the rest of today goes quickly. A few minor calls. Stopped a speeder, Yes, in the park we serve as defacto sheriff or highway patrol. Checking in at the campgrounds, walk the areas and visit with families setting up their tents and making camp. Let them know if they spot anything unusual to report it as soon as possible.

Not much more happens and I head for home calling to clock out for the day. When I get home I decide to go for a quick run to test out Katie's idea about using the in-game mounts in our reality.

I changed and hit the trail. Nothing hard or strenuous. When I'm far enough away to be safe from possible prying eyes, I summon my game armor. As it appears on me, I think about my game mount, a wingless dragon. I picture the dragon before me and as I open my eyes, he appears at arms reach away. I reach out and say, "Hey there boy, how are you doing today?"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

He actually smiled at me, then, "I am doing very good, thank you Freya. And you may call me Gilbert, my real name does not translate to human speech well."

"You can talk. Do all the mounts from Tera talk too?" Gilbert is a brilliant shade of ice green, and his breathing gives off vapors as if it were below freezing.

"No, only the dragons can talk, but all the mounts are highly intelligent. I learned to speak while still in the nest along with my two sisters."

I ask, "And how old are you? If you don't mind me asking. You sound very mature."

He smiles, "Thank you, but I am only seventy years old, a mere child by my races standards. I will not even start to grow my wings untill I am at least 300 years old. But I will not be able to fly till I reach around 400."

"So, your race is really that long lived? How old can dragons live to be?" I ask.

Gilbert says, "We do not really know. No dragon has ever died from old age. Most die in some stupid war or such, or they grow bored with life and go between, never to be seen again. There are some who are over 100 thousand years old. But not many, the average adult is around 30 to 40 thousand years old."

I whistle and say, "That is still a long time to live. What is going between?" Thinking about the Pern novels of Anne McCaffery.

"Yes Freya, you would be right. However, MS MacCafferty did not get it all right. I she knows, then she is taking poetic lisence for her stories. And yes, I can read minds. But only to a limited extent. You, I can read because we have spent many days together in Tera growing close."

"Thank you Gilbert, you are a wonderful companion. You know that the vile creatures from Tera are now starting to appear here on my world of earth, yes?"

"Naturally, the difference is that here, out of the game, we mounts can be of greater benifit to you and FREYA's star. We can fight along side you and give aid were needed. And once you have each called us once, we will know when we are needed even without being summoned."

"Gilbert, that's amazing. What can you do?"

He then turns taking a deep breath, then exhales with force at a small area of the lake close by. A 25 meter area of the shore and water freezes over solid. He turns back smiling, "I can can also use my teeth, tail and claws. We all have one magical attack as well as what 'Mother Nature' has given us."

"How do you have magic? Where did it come from? Were you born with it?"

"No, the magic is a gift from FREYA. Much as your gift from her was, Michael." He winked at me. "Do not worry Freya, no one will know but me. Unless you tell them yourself, like you did with your niece Katie. And Snow really likes her. She says that Katie is a very special girl."

"You don't have to tell me that, I knew how special she was the day she was born and I held her in my arms and she look me in the eyes and smiled!"

Gilbert leaned onto my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around him, feeling a little chill from his breath on my back. He steps back and, "Casandra is hoping you chose your friend Lauren for her. She thinks she would be a good person for your Freya.Hotheart avatar."

I look at Gilbert, "So, the tiger is Casandra? I like that, and she has good taste. However, I don't know if Lauren will accept the gift. There are many responsiblities that come with the gift, and she may not be ready for that level of commitment." Shaking my head.

Gilbert says, "Do not be so unsure about that one. There is a fire that rages below the surface that could topple kingdoms, but she has a kind and giving heart." Then, "She is one that anyone should rejoice to say, 'she loves me' ."

For now, "Thank you Gilbert, I will keep that in mind. I will consider your sage wisdom."

"Till I'm needed, or to just talk. I bid you adieu." As he reached out and kissed my hand, very like a proper gentleman.

As he faded away , the feeling of his kiss on my hand sent shivers down my spine. It was a very natural response for a woman to be treated like a lady by a gallent man. That made me think of other things.

I think on things as I walk back to the house. Much to think about. Where do I want my life to go.

************************************************

After a quick light meal, I clean up and go for a nice soak in the tub. As the water runs heating up, I remember that as a man I stopped taking baths when I was around 12 or 13yo. Now just the idea of a long bath was pleasing in it's own self. I light a few berry aroma scented candles and turn off the lights as I step into the bathe. As I relax my thoughts drift off to Lauren and what could happen on thursday night.

The more I think about her, I start getting the feeling of tingles and warmth radiating from my core. I start to rub my nipples to full salute, the feeling growing slowly, ever greater. Soon I have one hand between my legs and very lightly teasing my clitoris, and the heat grows stronger. Imagining what I would do to Lauren or what she could do to me, the pressure building higher and higher. Untill just as I reach the crest and about to climax, I suddenly think of James, and his strong musclular body pounding into me.... and bang, the wave crashes over me.

As the euphoria fades leaving the most pleasant after glow, I now realise I must have feelings for James. A week ago, the thought of kissing a man would have been repulsive, now I was reflecting on what it would be like to be had, so wantonly by a man. And it made me feel all warm inside. But the feeling of warmth was still there for Lauren as well. Only time would tell.

I dried myself and went to bed naked thinking of Lauren and James. Sleep came quickly and peacefully.

I had many nice dreams and woke to a beautiful sunrise coming from over the lake. I rise stretching, feeling how wonderful life is, and walk to the kitchen noticing the sway of my hips and butt, I feels so natural and right. It's been just over a week and it's hard to believe I was ever a man. I made my pot of tea and headed for the toilet.

As I sat to pee, I realize that when I took out the tampon before the bath, that there was no blood stains on it. I checked the bed sheets, and no spots there either. So I was past my first menses, feeling relieved that I hadn't had any cramps or pain. And I was spared the worst, PMS, altogether. I remembered how Katie used to get when she had her periods. Thank goddess. If that was the worst I had to deal with I'd consider myself the luckiest woman on the planet.

After tea and a quick breakfast I dressed in my uniform, only choosing a shorter pair of shorts to wear today. And because of the shorts I also wore a pretty baby blue lacy thong and matching lace bra. Even wearing a uniform I felt beautiful.

Shortly, I'm out the door and headed for Mom's to say hello and catch up on the news.

************************************************

When I reach Mom's, she runs and gives me a big hug. I say, "Thank you, but what was that for?" As I hug her back. "Well Freya dear, I found out last night from my niece that she meet someone new, and I was so thrilled for her. After talking about her new friend, I realised she was talking about you, she described your ears and eyes, and I knew it had to be you. I've known for a while that she likes the ladies. I only care that she's happy in her life."

I hugged her back and pull back feeling a little embarressed. "Well, I...."

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, the world is made up of lots of different people. Your young and pretty, and you deserve to be happy too. No matter who you're with, Okay?" She squezzes my hand reasuringly and smiles up at me. A lot of people have look up at me. Although the average guy would look staight at my chest, being just below their eyesight.

I wrap her in my arms and thank her, but admit, "I'm not sure where my heart is, though I do really like Lauren. I could really fall for someone beautiful like her. Her beauty is more than just skin deep. She so passionate and caring to others."

Just then Pop's walks in, "Well, time to open the tackle shop. What are you gals talking about?" Heading to the doors for the fishing store.

Mom just says, "Just girl talk, nothing you'ld be interested in hearing about." She had a quick wit about her that reminded me of my own mother Valgerður. Pop's just muttered to himself as he went about opening up the shop. I sat with Mom for a while and shared some tea and new events for the day. Everything seemed quiet, with no futher word of mysterious creatures around our fair town. As I left I told her I'd be by for lunch and got on patrol.

The whole day and the next was nice and peaceful. The calm before the storm?

End of Chapter 14

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

If Lauren isn't meant to be

If Lauren isn't meant to be her lover she hopefully is meant to be her sister, the two have a nice connection.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

A wise dragon

Renee_Heart2's picture

So Lauren MAY just become Freya.hotthrob avitar & be another sister her aura says that she is a good match I wonder what other suprises are in store in the next chapter.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Well, it seems like Lauren is

Well, it seems like Lauren is destined become Freya's number three, now I am wondering if she has truly looked at James' Aura and she will discover that he and his brother will the other two for her Star?

Another good one

Jamie Lee's picture

Another nice chapter to this interesting story.

That dragon is so cool, literally. And so refined. Exactly what he can do will be interesting to see.

So Lauren has a strong aura. Will have to wait and see if she accepts Freya ' s gift.

Others have feelings too.