WE Need To Talk 2 What Were You Thinking

Printer-friendly version
2
We need to talk
What were you thinking..
Misha Nova

It has been two magical weeks since Samantha and I shifted physical genders. Sam was from a magically talented family, my background was two parents who in there day would have been called hippies. My mother taught me herbalism and homeopathy, my father taught me how to grow things.

Now I have been transformed into a very pregnant magically imbued woman suffering from the early problems of being pregors, like morning sickness and moodiness. Add to that when I sneezed I create butterflies, and when I burp I blow dragonflies. This made the introduction to my new life a regular barrel of monkeys, which is what I got one time when I was gassy.

REALTY PLAY'S

The reality shock of finding myself living my life long dream was unnerving the first week, nothing plays like our dreams. My old body memory went up in a puff of smoke , and I was left to experience an entirely new me. I found it better not to think to hard about who I had become, I just went with just living the experience allowing my sense of self reformat it's self around my new reality. That was easier said than done

Poor Sam was experiencing some of the same thing's trying to adjust to his more robust physical form. He was thrilled at his new found strengths but suffered more than a few mishaps learning how to gauge a jump, or a vault. The years of physical training in the Rangers was a real help but as hie sparring partner found out Sam did not know his own strength.

Sam discovered another wrinkle in his transition and that was learning how to use his stronger hands. Some of the more delicately designed electrical components took a beating the first two weeks until he learned to judge just how much to tighten this or twist that, and his larger hands did not fit into the tighter spaces he was use to work in. But by and large Sam really enjoyed his new body and was very comfortably in his form.

Happy in being finally being my self was great, but comfortable was not on the program. My mother told me stories about her early days expecting my sister and me..They were not pretty., that was one of so many ways, I took after mom. I was now just a smidgen over her height, and I was a ringer for her when she was my age.

Following her lead I was on a strict BRAT diet supplemented by green tea and home made ginger soda. In between bouts of extrema nausea I was never really comfortable. To Morgana's credit she was by my side when ever Sam was out. But more than one time I looked into her eye's and asked , " What were you thinking.?”

“To this she would reply " Being a woman is not always mulled cider and bonbons. It is some times dirty and disgusting requiring enormous strength and endurance. I know you have had a lot of life thrown on your little dainty plate, but I knew Samantha's ego structure is male and .would never
survive carrying a child. She is not strong enough in the areas required to be a mother But Samuel will move the earth to do right by you and the children, Michelle you can, take that to the bank. The two of you are now living the roles your personalities are meant to be." I punctuated her statement by throwing up again. The blessing of eating rice, crackers and drinking ginger soda is that it does not taste so bad coming back up.

Morgana was patient with me and to be sure I was very happy for her company, comfort, and companionship. At the beginning of my second week something really funny happened. I had a sneezing fit that at first felt like I was going to explode my head. I was so busy sneezing I did not hear Morgana's surprised voice until I had stopped sneezing. Then she reentered the room she was followed by what appeared to be a transparent flock of butterflies.

With a chuckle in her voice she asked me, "Michelle my dear what were you thinking.? "

I could not suppress my giggles when I answered. " Just about my happy place which is a spring field in the mountain',s filled with butterflies."

"WELL thank the goddesses you weren't thinking about a swamp full of frog's and alligator's .This is a first for you. You have manifested your first magical creation." It took about twenty minutes for the butterflies to fade away. But the both of us were sad to see them go, they were quite lovely.

Getting On With It

The third week brought a partially relief of the daily sickness so it was only a morning to noon sickness. How my body knew it was noon sharp was a curiosity but I was informed that talented people many times exhibited odd side effects when expecting. My second humorous exhibit was sometimes when burping I would blow small dragonflies. These would fly about growing larger until like a balloon they would softly pop into a cloud of pink sparkles. When I went to Dr Catherine Livingston, the family witch doctor. , told me that I was going to have a baby girl, and that all seemed well but she wanted to see me every week. She then places a spell that would let me know of I could eat something or not, it would also alert me and her if something was going wrong. This was a great relief to my mind as I may miss something beings a first time mother.

That was the other change my mind started to catch up with my body so when I was called Michele or a mother it felt right. The physical sensitivity to blows bumps and the like was still disconcerting but not crazy like it was the first week. Sam spoke about how he had the opposite problem he would not notice until someone pointed out to him that he had nicked himself on something. That occurred when my lovely husband redecorated a spare room as our nursery. I had to kiss his bo bo and pull a large splinter from his fore arm that he could not see. There was a great source of satisfaction when I finished. Sam pulled me into a tight embrace that settled my nerves down and let the two of us reconnect. That was when I felt the rib bandages. It took every bit of self control not to yell at my sweet heart. My simple clenched teeth inquiry was,

"What were you thinking, not telling me you had broken ribs?"

Michelle it's only two and it" no big deal, I missed judged a jump and went over rather than my planed onto a wall. It"s no real really."

"Sam you are my love and my husband yes it is realty a big deal you big dufe. Never keep any injury I your wife would consider important from me again, understand?" With that I punctuated my statement by hitting him in his rock hard upper arm. The tactile feeling I got back stirred a deeply sexual response from my body, to which Sam gathered me up again and passionately kissed me before moving on with his work. I was rooted to the spot one foot up in the air raised at my knee. I was so hot at that moment it required a few moments for me to gather my self. As I wandered like a dazed school girl out of the room I could hear Scot chuckle to him self , I even felt that was sexy. Good gravy was I a push over for my man, and we liked it that way!.

Nesting

The next day Dianna took me shopping at a small mall that all the stores were owned and operated by people of Talent who had special stocked items for the community. I was able to find a rocking chair that was branded "The Recharger" and sure enough there was a noticeable energy return as you quietly rocked. You could also use a quiet function to just wanted to wind down and be calm. It probably has other functions according to the crystals you used but I need to brush up on my ancient Celtic so I can read the instruction manual. I was able to find a wonderful quilt in warm colors but I put off picking a crib just yet. How ever I did buy a changing table that was imbued with a stink controlling spell that was quite a find. There was a diaper eating diaper bucket, but I was not ready for that just yet.

I was puttering around several other stores where I found decorations for the nursery and a few things for the living room and our bedroom. One of the nicer things about buying from our community's merchants is that delivery was not a problem. You just needed to clear the space the furniture needed to go and place markers the store provided in the configuration stated in your delivery papers. Many of the merchants were customers of my services so payment of the bill was easily arranged.

For some reason I fell in love with both pictures and small decorative statuary of birds sitting on nests, and cats with kittens. It was like an instinctive choice, I found them appealing. When I displayed my new decorations both Sam and Morgana's started to tease me that my nesting instinct had kicked in. Dianna only smiled and refused to comment. She only would say that the mother's instinct have been consistent through time. That commentary ran through my mind causing me to smile at the connection with women back through time. With that my old identity faded a little more, and I was strangely Ok. with that.

This Could Be You

By my fourth week my morning was limited to just the mornings but I was having hormonal swings , hot, cold, homicidal, the normal stuff no strange manifestations to speak of, but there were some that I just don't talk about. He He He. I was not comfortable with my radically swinging emotions but that came with the package of being a pregnant woman, my emotional control was null and void causing Sam to ask his mother, "what were you thinking" her answer was "my child that would be you , be grateful" Sam shudder and become extra attentive to my requests.

I did have some strange food cravings. I always liked Rum Raisin ice cream " flavoring not real rum ",
then on a visit to our bulk store I tried Kim Che and that became an instant success. That was joined by soft tacos from a local chain. Sam became a regular and the staff would make up a care package with the makings of four soft tacos all the components packaged separately so I could assemble them as needed. An extra large order of there vegetable Spanish rice and one bean , rice, and cheese burrito. Sam would go to the Pike Place Market when he was in Seattle and get me some soft smoked salmon ,
and fresh baked everything bagels. I was off popcorn as the stench pushed my nose the wrong way causing me to ,yes you guessed correctly, throw up. Ugh gross

Allies

My parents reaction to this change was remarkable, they both saw through the reality altering spell and greeted me with totality open arms. Both of them felt my ' chi' was much improved, my mother then took me aside to offer a list of tea and herbs to use and to stay away from. It was like nothing had changed between us except that I was pregnant. Both of them now knew that Morgana's was an ob-er witch and as dad put it “ were cool with that, every one needs a hobby. ”.

Ever the practical man wanting to weave himself into the world around him. Dad wanted to know if Morgana's needed any thing he could grow for her. Dad then took Sam aside to explain Sam that if he needed a place to chill, “ when things got to estrogen rich,” he just needed to ask .

" Sam my man I have some great home brew beer that puts one's mind in that great peaceful place. You need just to ask, if Michelle's like her mama, she will need some alone processing time. Don't be macho let her have it ,and us guys can chill and unwind with some fishing and beer. Just like my dad and I did back in the day."

My Dad and my Sam started to formed a really good relationship full of the humor and good fellow well met spirit of comradeship , dad was not anything other than an incredibly good man, some one I liked Sam to learn from how to be a guy from. Sam's dad Jack, was a lot stiffer and very formal because he was an important person in his circle of business and all. And face it he was divorced from Morgana
early in Sam's life, so I am not sure about how good of a role model he could be.

Road Trip

When I was two month's into my pregnancy I felt solid enough to be alone for a time.. Sam was settled into his routine but getting a bad case of twitchy legs that moved up into his torso leaving him a bit stressed out. There is nothing worse than having an itch you don't know recognize the source of, and you don't know how to scratch. Sam had been hyper-vigilante over so many things and over doing the protectiveness so much his nerves were worn to an over sharpened frazzle.
The Thursday after Sam had met my father, I had a sneezing fit in the morning before Sam went to work. There was a flock of jeweled transparent butterflies in the kitchen but they were settled onto the surfaces and not wildly fluttering about. I found that I had a little control of there behavior so I calmed

them down not to make Sam any more edgy. Business had been good but the extra running and negotiation with “ Stupid people “ had pushed Sam's temper up a few notches. He had been seating in the breakfast nook drinking his morning brew when he flicked one of the butterflies that had settled on

his coffee cup. It shattered with a ' plink ' into a thousand tiny pieces disappearing. He then started to try playing a tune by plinking them according to there size. It was humorous watching this full grown man doing a mock ballet through the kitchen on his work booted tip toes, like a fairytale princes, smacking magic butterfly's. He was laughing like a loon as he performed his off key rendition of the Blue Danube.. I knew then my, boy needed some serious vacation time. So like a good wife I started to plot and scheme to send him off on one, for both his and my sanity.

To Be Continued.
up
109 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A very Nice

Trade Story, that they are both finding the truth in their new genders is wonderful and Lovely.

Thank you for this excellent entertainment, how I would love to share some of my pregnancy with Jasmine, the girl is smart and headed down to her office today

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Striking a balance

The reality of there situations are both funny and educational to them both. Being a women or a man is a handfull when your personalities are aligned to your physical bodies, when thay are not it plays havoc Having been a up close and personal and to the successful pregnancys and births of my two children, I need to agree its not all muled cyder and bobbons.

Huggles
Michele

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

It just doesn't work for me.

Jezzi Stewart's picture

They were radically changed without their knowledge or consent, and in chapter one you wrote Morgana as if she was taking sadistic pleasure in her and the council having done so. (You really seemed to re-write her personality in this chapter.) Granted that Sam and Samantha do like the changes, I still think they would be pissed at the arrogance of Morganna and the others, and at least ask, "Why didn't you sit us down and explain your findings and ask us if the change was Okay. It should have been our decision to make. Did you really think that if it was explained to us that the child would die if Samantha continued on in the pregnancy that we would refuse to switch? What were you thinking!?"

BE a lady!

thats a hell of a visual

"a regular barrel of monkeys, which is what I got one time when I was gassy." did she pass gas an a barrel of monkeys appeared or did she literally blow monkeys out with the gas?
great chapter, thanks

Two Questions two answers.

Morgonna was not being flippant. The decision-makers took into account a lot in what they did. One factor was Samantha was pregnant and the transformations required the extra power of it being October 31, this is a new story line for me and Morgonna's did not mean this to come off being high handed. The power to transform two people keep the baby safe and to alter reality took the combined power of the entire council. The basic plan was hatched before hand and was ment to be private. But things changed and so did the plan. In a more serious story no this would not work with out a lot of story time making this acceptable. The Idea was a humorous what if this happened. Thay will be able to change back in one years time if desired keeping with there right of free will.

A barrel of monkies will be described in the next chapter. It manifests as a bunch of tiny monkies just like the game pieces that run amuck untill they run out of manna and desolve back into nothingness. The butterflies and the dragonflies are the same unintentionally cast cantrup like spells. But a funney plot device as a side effect of being pregnant.

Huggles
Michele

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

What? No pink Elephants?

(LOL) Or does that come later with Daddy's home brew. Did Sam retain any Magical abilities? Just wondering. Oh and no popcorn? That's horrible, oh well more for me! (Giggles Popcorn Lady!). Nice Michele, keep'em comin' hon. (Hugs) Taarpa

hormonal swings , hot, cold, homicidal,

Elsbeth's picture

Very cute, lovely story.

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.