Rebirth Chp. 8

Printer-friendly version

When Sophia wakes up the next morning she rushes from her bed and towards the bathroom, just as she throws up everything she ate last night. She looks down at her belly and notices that she is in the middle of the second trimester of pregnancy. She places her hand on her belly and sends a little bit of magic towards her uterus to see what was going on inside of her. She feels the turmoil and mixed emotions of Lexi, as her body is being transformed for the second time. Sophia can feel her own energies and genetic material being mixed with Lexi. The cat side of her starts feeling protected from the being inside her body. She places her hand on her belly as she walks out of her bedroom towards the kitchen.

Sophia stands up and swishes some water in her mouth to wash away the taste of throw-up from her mouth. Afterward, she does her normal morning business which takes a little longer than normal. As Sophia walks out of her bedroom, she notices that George was up.

George was walking towards the kitchen when his nose picks up an unusual scent. He stops and turns around to look towards the direction of the scent. He recognized Sophia’s scent, but there was something different about it.

Sophia stops when she notices George looking towards and sniffing the air. She figures her scent must have changed with Lexi, being reborn inside her body.

“I’m pregnant George. You can stop sniffing the air.” Sophia walks pass him into the kitchen to grab something to eat.

“When did that happen?” George got a good whiff of her scent when she walked by him.

“Last night it seems. Lexi got hungry and came up to feed on me. Somehow during the night, she has been absorbed into my body. I can feel her being reborn inside my womb.” Sophia grabs a glass from the cabinet and pours herself some milk, after grabbing it from the refrigerator.

“How is that possible?” George was confused.

He thought Lexi’s change was done after they had left the hotel and came here. Sophia drinks down the glass of milk and pours herself a second one.

“It’s the Fae magic that has been infused into her. It wasn’t done with her change and I have a feeling that by adding an egg from my body to her already mixed up genetics. It might make her stronger and be able to use the same type of energies I use. So far her genetics are more fey with only a quarter of were and human mixed in her make-up.” Sophia drinks her second glass of milk and raises the glass out.

“That still doesn’t explain how she ended up in your womb? Did she crawl up inside of you and get sucked in or what?” George and Alex looked confused.

“Beats me. I have no idea what spell the fey we encounter cast or how it reacted with her necklace. Everything about the situation is unusual.” Sophia looks down at her belly. She could feel Lexi inside her womb and feel her chaotic thoughts.

“I think we might want to take this development to the council.” George couldn’t believe that Sophia had become pregnant.

“I think you are right, George. There would be no way I could keep this quiet from them.”

“Well, we better go and check in with them and set-up a time to speak with them.” George walks out the door first followed by Alex and Sophia.

The three of them walk down towards the council chambers and are stopped by the guards posted outside of it. One of the guards was an oriental woman dressed in a tight black leather corset, skin-tight black leather slacks and wearing black five-inch heels. The heels looked to be made of silver. She had short black hair. Her companion was a tall African-American heavily muscular man. He stood 6ft. 3 inches tall and was bald. He was wearing black leather pants and black leather combat boots. Nothing was covering his chest which seemed to have several scars, but he had a sword on his side.

George looks towards the oriental woman “Tabitha, it’s so nice to see you again. How have you and your mate been doing?”

Tabitha looks at George and a smile appears on her face “she’s doing fine, and we have a daughter now.”

“Oh? Well, congratulations. Is she Were like you or more like your mate?”

“She’s more like my mate, half-Fey.”

“How have you been Odour? Are you still serving as a bodyguard to Neil Jones?” Alex has known Odour for a long time.

“I’m fine, and yes I am still serving my Adri as his bodyguard. Are you still chasing after anything that wears a skirt?” Odour knew Alex loved having fun.

“You bet. You know the saying, old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.” Alex had a cheesy smile on his face.

Sophia just smacks Alex on the back of his head.

“Ow! What was that for?”

“You know what it is for.”

“You’re lucky she smacked you Alex. If I had hit you, you would be on the ground right now holding your balls.” Tabitha lets her eyes flash.

“What brings you three to the council?” Odour looks towards Sophia.

Last time he saw her, she wasn’t pregnant. Now, however, she had a belly and looked to be about five months along. He could even smell the changes in her pheromones.

“Who’s the father, Sophia?”

“No father. It’s the Fey we brought back with us. That is why we are here to see the council. Can we go in now?”

Tabitha just opens the door for them “go on in, Sophia.”

Sophia walks in first, followed by George and Alex. When they walk in, they see all the representatives from the different supernatural groups sitting around a huge ancient oak round table. Alex hadn’t seen the table before.

He leans towards George “tell me that’s not the legendary round table that Arthur and his knights sat at.”

“Okay, I won’t tell you that the table is the same table King Arthur and his knights sat around.” A smile appears on George’s face.

He loved the surprised look on Alex’s face. The younger wolf still had things he needed to learn about the supernatural world and some of the legends surrounding some legends. Arthur was real and is currently in a deep magical sleep, till Britain needed him again.

“What can the council do for you, George Constantinides?” Alan Sparger thought that team two wanted to delay the meeting of Lexi and the council.

“A new development has happened, Mr. Sparger. It seems that whatever magic made Lexi what she was, wasn’t done with her yet.” He motions for Sophia to step forward.

Cain and Amy watch as Sophia steps forward. They along with their other council members notices that Sophia looked to be five months pregnant. All the council members were wondering what happened.

“Okay, this is a weird development.” Betty stands up and walks over to Sophia.

“May I?” She was about to touch Sophia’s belly when she heard a slight growl come from her.

“Yes, you may.” Sophia felt her cat become extremely protected of Lexi.

“I know how your cat feels Sophia. I was very protected when Karen was pregnant, and I know how fierce and protected Ava is with her pregnancy.” She glances over towards Ava who was sitting next to her sister and Aunt.

Her wife Courtney was dress like Tabitha is and was standing guard behind Ava’s chair. Courtney just winks at Betty. Betty places her hand on Sophia’s belly and sends a little bit of her magic inside to determine what is going on.

“Well, I can tell you this Sophia. Lexi won’t be getting any bigger. She’s going to stay the size you guys told us about. However, she’ll be a little bit stronger from the magical energies coursing through you.” Betty removes her hand from Sophia’s belly.

“Why don’t you sit down and explain things to us.” Ava had done some of her own examination of Sophia with her abilities.

She could feel the fey energies inside Sophia’s womb reforming and remaking the girl over into a true fae.

up
192 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

True Fey

Well, here is how I will explain it. Ava is quarter Fey, quarter Native American Lynx, part Were and carries the spirit of the Barghest. She has Fey blood in her veins which makes her vulnerable to cold Iron. In Lexi's case, she is going to be even more vulnerable to cold Iron and her abilities will be a lot more stronger.

She'll be more fae with only a little bit of her humanity left.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Wow

I am looking forward to this reveal.