Derby Day Surprise - Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

derbyday.jpgDerby Day Surprise — Chapter 4

By Julie Dawn Cole

It wasn’t too eventful after that because I was engrossed in the sights around me. Crossing the river was amazing since I’d only ever seen New York on films and on episodes of Friends on TV. I used to look at Jennifer Aniston in wonderment and she certainly knew how to show her best assets. Oh if only.
I smirked a little thinking of her gorgeous blue eyes. Yes if only I had blue eyes too. I just had to admire my new bust with the seat belt nicely positioned between it but of course Jennifer is the ‘Mistress of Cleavage’ and I wondered if I could create such an effect. Hmm better not whilst I’m with Carole. At least until I’m sure about him. He could be all talk and trousers but not worth taking a chance. I wondered what I looked like sitting as demurely as I could with my purse on my knee. I wasn’t sure if I could sit like this for long though.

Carole turned again. I was sure that he had some doubts about me as he looked me up and down. I wondered if I should tell him when we arrived at the hotel but since he said he was meeting someone whilst I checked in at the hotel I wasn’t going to get chance. We passed the edge of Central Park and I strained my neck looking for the Central Perk. No sign of it and then we turned towards our hotel on 7th avenue. Wow 7th avenue. How neat was that when I tell my friends at home?

Was it 7th or 8th? I didn’t see. I supposed the street numbers are so visitors and taxi driver don’t get lost but it’s a bit boring really since I much prefer the ring of London streets like Throgmorten Street or Birdcage Walk or Gunpowder Alley. Much more dramatic and exciting. I didn’t think these New York cabbies would have any chance in London. The cabbies there seem to know all the short cuts and the one ways and dead ends.

Carole disappeared and left me rummaging around in my purse for the booking reference and my passport. OMG I couldn’t show that with these inserts in my bra and how could I let the desk clerk see my credit card. Oh Carole you xxxxxxx where are you when a ‘girl’ needs you.

‘Yes Miss can I help you?’ too late now I’m in deep dudu and no paddle. Bloody Hell Carole you berk. Now look at the mess I’m in.

‘I,I think the room is booked and paid for in advance. Am I right.’

‘Yes miss but I still need your identification and your credit card for any room extras.’

‘But I don’t need any extras.’

‘You might and anyway it’s hotel policy.’

‘Oh well here’s my card.’

‘Thanks. Now your identification….Please, come on hand it over.’

I rummaged again thinking I might have walked into a Police precinct by mistake. Maybe I’m being arrested not booking into a hotel.

I handed over my passport and felt myself shrink 6 inches. In height of course and with the tightness of the panties I wasn’t sure if there was anything down there to shrink.

‘Well it’s good news and bad news.’

Blast he knows now and if I’m not careful he’ll make a big scene. ‘Oh what’s wrong?’

‘Nothings wrong it’s just that the booking is for Ms Sarah Lynn-Taylor and we didn’t have the confirmation from your booking agent so we let the room go.’

‘Oh no does that mean you have no rooms.’

‘It means ‘sir that all the rooms are occupied.’

Blast. Damn and blast. Bugger, bugger, bugger!’ Oh my voice. I swallowed hard and tried to lift the pitch again. Hmm he called me sir anyway and he knows.
‘Well sir/madam that’s the bad news. Now for the good news. I can give you a junior suite for the same price if you like. It’s your lucky day.’

‘Oh great. Thanks.’

‘It’s our pleasure but you’ll have to have a word with your agent. I’d be livid in your shoes. He smiled and winked but glad to say in a nice way.

The room was fantastic and I didn’t have to carry my bag. The porter settled me in I thought he was going to stay and tuck me into bed and then I realized he was waiting for a tip. Who invented this idea. It can’t have started that long ago and now it’s spreading around the world. Except at home in the North of England of course.

I was glad to take off the shoes and the wig that was making my head itch. I laid back on the huge bed and looked around. Wow I’m in luxury here alright. I explored and then as soon as I saw the toilet bowl I need to relieve myself. Something about toilets and me I suppose. I looked in the huge bathroom mirror. Even with no wig I still looked more Sarah than Steve. Mmm not bad. Not quite Jennifer Aniston but bigger than Keira. No wonder Carole was misbehaving. I could fancy myself if I didn’t know what was underneath.

I looked at my watch. Just time for a quick shower and a change of underwear and maybe unpack the few things I had. A nightdress. How sad. Me in a bloomin’ nightdress. No way Jose I’m going to have to sleep in the raw. Well I might keep the panties on but I’d have to take off the bra.

As I removed it to take a shower I realized how comfortable it had been. I smiled as I recalled me trying to sneak the inserts in without Carole seeing me. Oh maybe I could position them better to get a JA cleavage. Well maybe I’m a bit optimistic and even with this size of insert I’ll have to be satisfied with a KK cleavage. Still better than nothing.

It didn’t take me long to shower but applying make-up and getting the lipstick and eyeliner to look right was a chore. I’m used to a comb through my wet hair a quick spray of deodorant under the arms and Bob’s your uncle. This girl business is hard work and I looked like a Panda for a while after attempting to redo my eyeliner. The towels were a mess so I hoped this stuff washed out.

That meant I decided to go for some stick-on eyelashes for the races. I could flutter them all day at the customers and distract attention. Mmm, I’d have to find some nail varnish too unless all this is already lined up. I didn’t want to look like Bob the Builder.

I jumped out of my skin as the phone rang. It was Carole ready for tea and scones I presume at the Russian Tea rooms. When we met in the foyer he gave me a kiss on both cheeks. Quite a shock and I almost pushed him away. He wasn’t as bad as I make out it’s just his suggestive remarks that irritate me. He is a smart enough guy who dresses well and doesn’t use cheap after shave.

He introduced me to a friend of his who was kind enough to make arrangement for fittings of outfits for Derby day and for the events surrounding it. Her name was Stefanie or Stef for short and she’d had an e-mail setting out clear instructions along with a budget. It was like mom making arrangements for a stranger to escort her child to buy new outfits for school. A fixed agenda with little flexibility or say for the wearer.

Even though I had no clue about womens clothes nor about fashion the hairs on the back of my neck were prickly. Was I just a piece of meat? My face must have said it all because Stef tried to ask my opinion but by now my bottom lip was sticking out so far that my KK cleavage was not visible. Joking apart this was not on as far as I was concerned and in truth I just wanted to strip off and go home. God knows I was ready for a stiff one (and I mean a drink.)

We didn’t need a cab since the tearooms were only a 10minute walk at most.

As we approached it I was surprised but not surprised if you know what I mean. If anything the appearance looked a more like the front door of a boudoir or massage place that I’d seen in movies. Quite unique and as we entered, I got the impression that it was no ordinary tea-room. Wow I thought I was in the old City Varieties Theatre in Leeds with all the red velvet and over the top decoration and the rest area or layby was a bar. I struggled up onto a stool aided by Carole whilst Stef had no problem at all.

First job was to select from a massive list of Vodkas of all types and prices. ‘now we are talking. Just what the doctor ordered.’

I was almost falling off the stool by the time we were escorted to our table. Three large vodkas went down very easily and in fact Stef and Carole had 4 each. We ordered afternoon tea with a tower of small sandwiches and I had English tea naturally. No adventure in me at this stage and anyway the object was to sip vodka at the same time, so the tea was secondary.

up
186 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

oopsies

Andrea Lena's picture

duplicate - sorry, please remove? thank you!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Dear Julie...

Andrea Lena's picture
120505Derby-TE0095-450x298_0.jpg
Ginger and Joanne and Alison and me and quite a few others
have consumed the requisite amount of Vodka and are
awaiting the next chapter...teetering a bit on
three inch heels! Thank you!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Keep pouring those vodkas down, Sarah...

Ole Ulfson's picture

Soon you'll be in that nightdress... But will you be alone?

Will there be more fitting out: Manicure, pedicure, salon; nails hair and face? And at who's behest is it all being done?

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Thank you Julie,

Between Ole and 'Drea it has all been said, but did
'Drea have to put me in 3 inch heels,I am a bit tottery
for those,two inch I can handle.

ALISON

A Piece Of Meat?

joannebarbarella's picture

Absolutely! Soon to be pickled by the sound of it, with some chicken fillets up front. Get used to it, Sarah,

Joanne

Derby Day Surprise - Chapter 4

Wonder what the rest of night holds.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hmmm, a Vodka tea room, go figure!

The hotel check-in was comical, I'd say in NYC they've seen it all, so no worries there mate! Next chapter, SHOPPING? Jules dear, this fun to read so far! Loving Hugs Talia

Yes a Vodka Tearoom

Worth a visit by anybody who had a lottery win and is visiting New York but a bit more expensive than an English tearoom in the UK or even a traditional Chinese tearoom.
Goodness knows what a visit to a department store would be to match the hat.
It's another life but we can dream I think can't we?
Hugs

Jules