Without a Trace - Part 14

Printer-friendly version

Without a trace part 14

The start of the end

The following morning the Roberts family all convened in the kitchen, really a game in her brats pyjamas and her sister just in a set of sweats. The three of them sat looking over the notes Kylie had made the previous afternoon, and were working out correlations of all the data contained within. Kylie has been gentle but merciless in questioning Sarah to gain as much information as possible from her. Her sister knew that if she had been the one in charge of the interrogation she would have pushed it a lot harder and possibly caused their only major witness to stop giving them information.

At city hospital, Sarah was just waking up to her first day away from the Hall. The young candy striper knocked and waited for permission to enter. Sarah gave them permission to enter and the young volunteer placed a breakfast tray on the desk by the window and turned to face Sarah. So was taken aback by the look of hatred on this young woman's face, before she could say anything the young woman walked over just a Sarah was standing up. She then placed her hand firmly on Sarah's chest pushed back her down to the bed.

"I don't know what you're doing here but you have a lot to answer for!" The young woman said her voice harsh.

"Sorry do I know you?" Sarah replied fearful for her safety.

"Do you know me, have you ruined that many lives that faces all are one to you !" The young woman's face was a mass of hatred and and fury.

Sarah looked at the sheer hatred that was aimed towards her, she then realised that this young woman was one of the victim is that had suffered at her hands. The young volunteer stood in a position that allowed her to look down at the scared young surgeon. Sarah could see and understand the reason why this woman would hate her so much, the Hall have probably taken this what would have been a young man and transformed him into this. Part of what would have happened to him would have been her work, and if it was possible at that time she hated herself with such a deep loathing that if you put a gun or knife in her hand she would have terminated her own existence.

Julie Moore looked at this woman, the woman that had taken her from Jack Moore and with the help of others turned him into this. Since he's come back into the community two years ago and placed in the position that she was now in, and the fact that the transformation had completely changed how people reacted to her. Her father when she turned up at home had refused to believe that this person was his former son. His mother had gone completely overboard in "helping" her newly acquired daughter to accept her new gender and place in society. Unfortunately for her her parents belief on a girl's position in society was to do good works and train to be a good wife. She did not know why those who had sought to harm her had released back into an area where she was known, and could also gain some level of support. The biggest problem was when the Hall had transformed her instead of Jack being 22 years old, Julie Moore was only 16 years old. So as well as having to do voluntary work she also had to attend high school again.

Back at the Roberts household the three women after going over all the data they had available started to decide on a course of action. Mrs Roberts called up a school that was listed as the one being nearest the Hall and arranged for her and her 12-year-old daughter to attend an interview with the principle. Surprisingly the principle was free and available to do with the entry-level interview that morning in about an hour's time. Kylie looked at her mother and her sister, she knew what attending this interview would mean. They were now planning to take the fight and subsequent events and fallout directly to the Hall.

An hour later Mrs Roberts and Kylie stood on the steps leading to Jacob's Hall high school, Kylie was not feeling like that grown up at that point and she honestly thought if someone spoke to her she would unfortunately have an infantile accident and embarrass herself. Mrs Roberts looked at her youngest daughter closely and considered the way she was looking and the fact that her body was so slight as she doubted the Kylie herself off as a 12-year-old. Taking Kylie's hand firmly but gently and led her into the main corridor of the school. They approached the door marked office and Mrs Roberts knocked gently and waited for the response to enter.

The secretary looked up as Mrs Roberts entered the room and smiled saying a middle-aged mother was a rather young daughter who appeared to be very much ill at ease. She looked at the girl and wondered how a mother could get the age of her child so wrong. The child's looked no more than 10 years old and definitely not ready for a senior high school, just as she was about to point this out the door to the principals office opened and Graham Smyth peeked his head out of the door.

"You found the office then Mrs Roberts!" He said with a smile, he opened the door fully and motioned for them to join him in his office.

Mrs Roberts led Kylie in with her and settled her daughter on a chair next to where she would sit. Graham seated himself was Mrs Roberts did the same. The two of them exchanged small talk for a few minutes whilst Mrs Roberts searched in her purse for Kylie's permanent record that had been created to ensure that Kylie was not putting in danger. Graham looked over the data held in the file and saw that Kylie's age had for some reason been left blank. Looking at the child he would consider her no older than 10 and picked up the telephone by his right-hand. Ringing through to the junior high school he notified the principle there that he had a possible student that had been assigned for an interview at his office in error. With an apology he led to the two of them across a well manicured sports field towards the junior high school attached to his.

After handing the two of them over a long with the permanent record to the principle there Graham made his excuses and left. Lisa Jackson the principle of the junior high school smiled warmly at her two visitors, and lead them both into the warm confines of her office. She could see the daughter was nervous and in fact was clutching a teddy bear in a death grip. She buzzed her secretary and asked her to take the child to the reading corner in the school library. Once the adults were left alone Lisa quickly read through the permanent record and looked at Mrs Roberts.

"I can see Mrs Roberts that you're very proud of Kylie and that is understandable she is a very cute girl for 10 years old." Lisa said with a smile.

"Please call me Patricia and yes Kylie is very much a mommy's girl and I am proud of her" Mrs Roberts replied.

Lisa looked at the academic record that had been attached to the permanent record and she could see that Kylie seemed to be academically sound, she also noticed the notation from her previous principle that Kylie was strongly is interested in sports gymnastics and athletics being prevalent. This caught her eye as her school was well known for their athletics programs. Looking up she noticed the time at her and Patricia had been talking and decided it was time to collect Kylie and show both her and her mother the classroom. She led Patricia the short distance from the office to the school library and the two women upon entering library saw Kylie with the secretary and the girl was giggling as the secretary read her a nonsense story.

Kylie looked up as seen her mother and realising that the school and in particular these two women meaning the secretary and the principle considered her to be a pre-teen, she realised that this was the role that she would have to play. Jumping up in a rather over played show of delight ran and hugged her mother. Lisa smiled on seeing this and it confirmed that Kylie was a mummy girl. After Patricia had taken one of Kylie's hands, Lisa asked permission and took the spare. Leading Kylie and her mother towards what would be Kylie's home room.

After five minutes walking the sound of children reciting the Pledge of allegiance greeted their ears. Kylie groaned inwardly this was the one thing she hated about junior high school but she realised that to get any results that she would have to play the part perfectly.

Continued in back to school and into the hall.......

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good new chapter the plot is

nikkiparksy's picture

Good new chapter the plot is starting too be shown.Dressing as a pre teen surprised it can work but good way of doing thing's.
Look forward too the next chapter thank you:).

without a trace part 14

Will ylie choose to participate in any sports or cheer-dance like most any girl? Seems she has a new life, now and a chance to be the girl she wants to be. Hope Sara can find peace.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

yah gotta laugh

It's funny seeing someone who has an adult mind having to go through this. I do not envy Sarah, least-wise she will have to make amends somehow and also find some way to pay it forward for the leniency she is being shown. It is not quite clear how she got into this hole. Frankly, it is pretty weak character to even submit to blackmail to harm her patients like this as it violates the Hippocratic Oath for one and anyone with a conscience would walk away, even at the risk to their careers, and do the right thing.

Kim